Would You Wear This??

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2017 3:58 PM

Being that wearing a normal riding jersey at events is considered tacky, and given the lack of "authentic" fan apparel sold at the races, would anyone consider buying a traditional basketball, baseball, or football jersey with riders name, number, and team colors on it?

If so, what style jersey would you prefer to wear?

I am trying to see if this is something that people would actually be interested in before actually sourcing out materials and samples.

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but please keep the answers on track and productive to the topic. Thanks!

|

12/17/2017 4:02 PM

How about t-shirts that aren't NASCAR inspired and tacky as fuck? Maybe make their initial/number look like part of a tasteful design rather than the other gaudy shit that's currently available.

|

12/17/2017 4:05 PM

There's one ex Suzuki rider, that I am sure would be happy to wear one.

|

12/17/2017 4:09 PM

The RD collection looks pretty damn good...& seems to fit the requirement y'all are discussing

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/17/2017 4:13 PM

Something like this?:

Photo

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

12/17/2017 4:21 PM

JG33 had a tee this year that looked really cool and Honestly I think the tee shirt design looks cool with everything so I'd more go on that path but more Moto merch is never a bad thing IMO

|

12/17/2017 5:00 PM

kzizok wrote:

Something like this?:

Photo

I'm shooting for something that is cut and designed to be worn with regular clothing and that looks good. Like I stated before, anyone can go buy a regular race jersey, but it looks awful IMHO.

|

12/17/2017 5:04 PM

reded wrote:

How about t-shirts that aren't NASCAR inspired and tacky as fuck? Maybe make their initial/number look like part of a tasteful design rather than the other gaudy shit that's currently available.

I couldn't agree more. That is the entire premise of this idea- something tasteful and clean that can be worn by any fan.

|

12/17/2017 5:16 PM

Personally, I have bought several different t-shirts from riders for me and my boys--a few of the Weston Peick WP40 tees, and a few of the 7DeuceDeuce shirts. Supports their efforts, they're totally unique, and look awesome!

As long as some of the proceeds go to the riders, I think you'll find people willing, but not sure of the total volume.

|

12/17/2017 5:56 PM

kzizok wrote:

Something like this?:

Photo

NO. That jersey looks like a teenage girls skirt. I would not be caught dead in that.

#MJGA Bring back baggy jerseys with cuffs and collars!

Photo

|

12/17/2017 6:42 PM

Back in the beginning, 60, 70 years ago, it wasn't uncommon to see the top guys wearing Rugby shirts.
Jeff Smith, Hallman, seemed the tops guys wore them.
Always thought they looked, I dunno, professional with the collars and all.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV2EIJjdaJqkAbAjBGOd_?p=rugby+shirt&fr=yfp-hrtab&fr2=piv-web

But really, unless you can get a top guy, or a Ronnie Mac to get that look out there, I'd take it as a big, big gamble.

Not a lot of trendsetters in the masses imo.
|

12/17/2017 6:55 PM

Like these I would...

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/17/2017 6:59 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Like these I would...

Photo

Photo

Photo

They do look good.

But don't you have to make a deal with the team, or rider, if you use a likeness of them?
|

12/17/2017 7:23 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Like these I would...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Here are a few (along with a rider jersey inspired line that Thor had a few years ago)

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/17/2017 7:44 PM

Wearing other riders names on my back seems corney for grown men. Unless it's a retired or hall of fame, or old local hero or something.

|

12/17/2017 8:01 PM

reded wrote:

This. Those MotoT event shirts are the same design they had back in the early 90's, it wasnt cool back then either.

|

12/17/2017 8:30 PM

Wear whatever you want... No harm in just being a fan if the sport...

|

12/18/2017 12:57 PM

My buddies and I get a good chuckle out of people who wear moto jerseys as normal clothes.

My fav is when you ask the guy "do you ride?" "Nah but I have a Grizzly 700 with a wanch."

|

12/18/2017 1:25 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Like these I would...

Photo

Photo

Photo

SPYGUY wrote:

Here are a few (along with a rider jersey inspired line that Thor had a few years ago)

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

The only thing I think is cool in this thread so far is that Cianciarulo jersey. They're similar to the cheap NHL hockey t-shirt jerseys that look tasteful and have the players name & number & a simple team logo on the front..

All those other shirts w/ sponsors all over them look like the type of things only two people should wear; people who are actually on the team, and moto bros.

|

12/18/2017 1:55 PM

JayBraap19 wrote:

Being that wearing a normal riding jersey at events is considered tacky, and given the lack of "authentic" fan apparel sold at the races, would anyone consider buying a traditional basketball, baseball, or football jersey with riders name, number, and team colors on it?

I am trying to see if this is something that people would actually be interested in before actually sourcing out materials and samples.

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but please keep the answers on track and productive to the topic. Thanks!

Not to throw any cold water on it, but...what do the riders get out of it?

|

12/18/2017 2:06 PM

How does everyone feel about an actual jersey though? Something that can be worn over your regular shirt that’s high quality with real stitching and embroidering?

For example:
Photo

or

Photo

|

12/18/2017 2:21 PM

JayBraap19 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Not to throw any cold water on it, but...what do the riders get out of it?

I do believe lthe only way to make anything with an athletes name on it would be with their permission, due to legal infringement issues. Obviously anyone whom is willing to participate would be compensated.

This is where things would get tricky, as I’m aware a lot of riders have contracts with clauses that would possibly prevent them (and/or) their respective sponsors from engaging in any outside marketing and sales activity.

I

|

12/18/2017 2:24 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

My buddies and I get a good chuckle out of people who wear moto jerseys as normal clothes.

My fav is when you ask the guy "do you ride?" "Nah but I have a Grizzly 700 with a wanch."

Thanks, made me laugh on lunch!

|

12/18/2017 3:00 PM

JayBraap19 wrote:

How does everyone feel about an actual jersey though? Something that can be worn over your regular shirt that’s high quality with real stitching and embroidering?

For example:
Photo

or

Photo

Wouldnt make much sense to me. Why buy something that has nothing to do with the sport youre watching? The riders arent wearing it, the team isnt wearing it, its just taking something from another sport and adding a moto name to it. Seems goofy

|

12/18/2017 3:39 PM

These are pretty sharp......

Photo

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

12/18/2017 3:53 PM

I am completely satisfied with what I am wearing.
Much ty.
Photo

|

12/18/2017 4:08 PM

I can see wearing apparel supporting a team or brand. You'd have to be pretty gay to wear another guys name or number...

|

12/18/2017 4:49 PM

Will you have one with laser cats?

Photo

|

12/18/2017 5:43 PM

Would I wear a basketball jersey with a moto pro's name on it? No
Would I wear a moto jersey with a moto pro's name on it? Also no.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but you ought to work on your presentation before you hit Shark Tank.

|

12/18/2017 6:06 PM

kzizok wrote:

Something like this?:

Photo

Rockinar wrote:

NO. That jersey looks like a teenage girls skirt. I would not be caught dead in that.

#MJGA Bring back baggy jerseys with cuffs and collars!

Photo

Is that your Mcgrath jersey and if so would you sell it?

|