Would Yamaha

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2018 2:29 PM

Would Yamaha do a 3 man team if RV was hungry for the season again?

|

10/12/2018 2:33 PM

Not gonna happen RV is quite happy being able to pick n choose what races he wants to ride.

|

10/12/2018 2:34 PM

That would be cool but I have a feeling RV likes his coors light to much now!cool

|

10/12/2018 2:34 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

Not gonna happen RV is quite happy being able to pick n choose what races he wants to ride.

he also likes money

|

10/12/2018 2:35 PM

Let's see how he does at the MEC first. If he goes out and podiums I'm sure they'd consider it if that's what he wanted to do. If he goes out and takes 10th then I highly doubt anyone including RV would consider it. RV is amazing but I don't see him being able to battle with ET, MM, JA, JB, CW etc.

|

10/12/2018 2:39 PM

He did mention not long ago that he might line up for a national or two. I don't think he'll embark on a full season anytime soon. Too much time away from the family.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/12/2018 2:52 PM

I'd like to see them gives Deano a shot first.

|

10/12/2018 3:22 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He did mention not long ago that he might line up for a national or two. I don't think he'll embark on a full season anytime ...more

That would be awesome to see.

I guess the guy didn't hate bikes and racing as much as most thought...

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/12/2018 3:26 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

My guess is initially you really are completely over it but the desire eventually comes back, just like it does with all of us after an injury.

|

10/12/2018 3:38 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He did mention not long ago that he might line up for a national or two. I don't think he'll embark on a full season anytime ...more

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Personally I don't think he ever hated bikes. I think he got to a point where he was just over the whole having to train and being on a strict schedule 24/7/365 a year. Basically having no life whatsoever for 10+ years outside of moto. That shit would take a toll on anyone.

Moto, especially in the US is not like any other sport. They practically don't have any off season. Couple weeks off here and there and they're right back at it testing for SX/MX, racing overseas events, sponsors obligations, etc.

Time away from anything can be a good thing.

Going to be cool seeing him racing tomorrow night and hopefully we'll see him line up at Washougal in 2019.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/12/2018 4:21 PM

aroark247 wrote:

I'd like to see them gives Deano a shot first.

Yamaha wouldn’t

|

10/12/2018 4:26 PM

Overheard someone at MXoN say that RV has been dispatching JB51 pretty easily at the test track

|

10/12/2018 5:29 PM

Xracer wrote:

Overheard someone at MXoN say that RV has been dispatching JB51 pretty easily at the test track

#FAKENEWS

|

10/12/2018 5:31 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

DTR830 wrote:

he also likes money

He’s got enough money, he’s never going to commit to the training it takes to be a Champion and he’s not going to race full time, if he’s not a contender.

|

10/12/2018 5:32 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

BINGO

|

10/12/2018 6:09 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

I love responses like these when you really don’t have the 1st fucking clue. (Insert huge eyeroll here!)

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/12/2018 6:22 PM

RV is a smart man. He has figured out how to extend his career but drastically reduced out the risk and intensity required for full time racing.

By staying socially active with the racing community and riding and racing selective big name events, he is keeping himself relevant. That makes him valuable to Yamaha and he's going to get paid well for several years to come.

RV went out on top. He's not hungry for another title or a full series. It's simply in his blood and he is cashing out in an impressive way. He seems to be able to pick and choose what he wants to do and it's clear he is enjoying his life.

I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out of MEC after race 1 if he finishes unrealistically out of place for the overall or the $1M.

|

10/12/2018 6:36 PM

OP asked IF RV wanted to, WOULD YAMAHA go for it. And he gets answers like "RV doesn't want to.". pinch

|

10/12/2018 7:24 PM

sbarrington314 wrote:

OP asked IF RV wanted to, WOULD YAMAHA go for it. And he gets answers like "RV doesn't want to.". pinch

Might be a good marketing scheme to do that. But no way will he put himself in that grind again.

|

10/12/2018 8:29 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

I love responses like these when you really don’t have the 1st fucking clue. (Insert huge eyeroll here!)

Hate to say it, but he’s right, IMO.
Ask Ryan, he’s not trying to make a full time return to racing. Yamaha hired him to be a brand ambassador and represent them. Do you honestly think that he’s going to commit to a full season of racing ? He’s having fun... racing full time is a grind.

But WTF do I know ? Lol

|

10/12/2018 8:34 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

DTR830 wrote:

he also likes money

Who doesn't, fortunately for RV Yamaha already pays him a bunch and he doesn't need to grind it out racing to get it.

|

10/12/2018 8:41 PM

Honestly I was never much of a fan of his when he was racing full time. You could tell he was not enjoying himself the last couple years, and it showed in his interviews, etc.

The last year every time you see him he is smiling ear to ear..........glad he is enjoying himself and has reignited that fire to ride.

Good for him and Yamaha.

Hope he goes out there and whoops some ass!

Photo

|

10/12/2018 8:52 PM

I'd love to be in his position. You accomplished everything there is to accomplish, you won a buttload of money, and you can pick and choose when you want to race and where.

1st stop: Monster Cup
2nd stop: Straight Rhythm (?)
3rd stop: Australia
4th stop: back to the couch

|

10/12/2018 9:03 PM

4th stop: Auckland New Zealand for the SX then the couch.

|

10/12/2018 9:11 PM

Coach529 wrote:

Honestly I was never much of a fan of his when he was racing full time. You could tell he was not enjoying himself the last ...more

Ryan, in this picture, is having the most fun you can have on a dirt bike. Something about a YZ125 that reminds me (and many of us) why we started riding in the first place. I'm not at all implying the KTM and Husky are no good or not as much fun. I just know after having a 2006 and 2015 YZ125, that they're so fun. Well suspended, light and flickable, they're just a riot on the track if you can keep the revs up.

|

10/12/2018 9:21 PM

Xracer wrote:

For about 10 laps, then..........

|

10/12/2018 9:27 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Rv literally only wants to race when he wants to. Hes spot on the money. Wtf are you talking about

|

10/12/2018 10:04 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Hate to say it, but he’s right, IMO.
Ask Ryan, he’s not trying to make a full time return to racing. Yamaha hired him to be a ...more

If you listened to the MEC press conference you’d find out you were really wrong. He said he was racing MEC and Australia to see where’s he’s at. It alluded more to A1 is possible than not impossible.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/13/2018 5:02 AM

We are all used to seeing RV2 spank the field. If this is everyone’ Expectations there’s going to be a lot of disappointed people tonight. I hope he does well and has a blast racing. To roll in off the test track after a few 125 2-stroke race doesn’t really count as full on race ready for some of the best in the business. I’ll be cheering for him regardless!

|

10/13/2018 4:28 PM

The answer is yes they would.
Is it going to happen? No.

|