Would Justin Bogle benefit from training at Aldon's?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2019 11:33 AM

Do you think his fitness would get better by training with Aldon?

|

8/17/2019 11:36 AM

Or just training in general...maybe a little less beard and wardrope prep...maybe a little more body and bike prep...
In fairness the kid has had some wicked injuries the last two years...it is good for him to get a whole series in...he is still very fast.

|

8/17/2019 11:43 AM

Depends on the end goal. Of course he needs better fitness, but it's not going to make him a championship contender. I'd venture to say he's not knocking down enough coin to even do it

|

8/17/2019 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2019 12:26 PM

He might & he might not. Every rider is different, and some can come up to a whole level higher in their abilities through something like Baker’s training...and some are as good as they’re ever going to get, and simply don’t have what it takes to be a Villopoto or a Dungey. Bogle is fast, and can run up front if he gets a start...but like so many others, isn’t good at charging from the back of the pack. That’s when a rider who naturally has that champion quality...the “wanting it” more than anything reveals itself. I think Aldon builds champions by taking what’s already there and causes it to rise to a higher level...he’s not there to take a rider who’s lacking and turn him into a championship rider.

|

8/17/2019 2:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2019 2:15 PM

I don't see him having IT.. That others have.. I don't see training as a reason some one becomes champ.. It's always been more than that.

|

8/17/2019 2:22 PM

I hope you're not basing this off of today...but then again you think you're the expert from the couch....

|

8/17/2019 2:41 PM

davistld01 wrote:

He might & he might not. Every rider is different, and some can come up to a whole level higher in their abilities through something like Baker’s training...and some are as good as they’re ever going to get, and simply don’t have what it takes to be a Villopoto or a Dungey. Bogle is fast, and can run up front if he gets a start...but like so many others, isn’t good at charging from the back of the pack. That’s when a rider who naturally has that champion quality...the “wanting it” more than anything reveals itself. I think Aldon builds champions by taking what’s already there and causes it to rise to a higher level...he’s not there to take a rider who’s lacking and turn him into a championship rider.

Exactly what I would have said.

|

8/17/2019 4:20 PM

Aldon Baker, turning champions into champions since 2001.

|

8/17/2019 5:51 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

110% accurate.

|

8/17/2019 6:00 PM

Bogle has the skill. We’ve all seen it. Missing something though. Bummer because he’s a gifted rider.

|

8/17/2019 6:18 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

He figured out how to make a fortune and remain relevant. Go ahead, continue knocking him. The reality is you’re jealous and it clearly shows.

Can’t wait to hear how successful you are in the industry, how jealous you aren’t and awesome you are. The fact will always remain that you aren’t as relevant, successful, accomplished or famous as Aldon. For some reason that clearly bugs you way too much.

|

8/17/2019 6:36 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

He figured out how to make a fortune and remain relevant. Go ahead, continue knocking him. The reality is you’re jealous and it clearly shows.

Can’t wait to hear how successful you are in the industry, how jealous you aren’t and awesome you are. The fact will always remain that you aren’t as relevant, successful, accomplished or famous as Aldon. For some reason that clearly bugs you way too much.

I have zero desire to be relevant in this industry.

Others success doesn’t bug me one bit, I love success stories

You know nothing about me, so you have no idea how successful I am.

What bugs me is people thinking a trainer is the reason a rider wins.

Personally Aldon is a great person, and takes good care of his rider, BUT he’s not the reason any rider has ever won.

I’ll end with this, if Johnny O’Mara had moved to Florida like Ricky wanted him to, Aldon would still be an unemployed mountain bike rider in South Africa and you would be talking about how great Johnny O is.

|

8/17/2019 6:42 PM

Aldon is great at what he does. I would say probably the best in the MX field.

But it is true that great riders make great trainers. Not the other way around.

|

8/18/2019 2:59 AM

kpiper wrote:

Aldon is great at what he does. I would say probably the best in the MX field.

But it is true that great riders make great trainers. Not the other way around.

I listened to both zachos pod and another one where they interviewed Aldon, Great listen but what he does really is not ground breaking. Lots and lots of repetition consistency and acccountability of his riders, some people can handle a totally structured life and others don’t as much Eg Roczen and some others who still train the house down but love some variety in there training..
Aldons program is amazing for those that enjoy that way of life or can at least handle it for 5 years or whatever..

|

8/18/2019 3:51 AM

Webb, Anderson, Moosecan, Osborne........those guys seem to be doing pretty good under the training!

So I’m gonna say YES Bogle would be helped by the Baker program.

|

8/18/2019 4:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2019 4:54 AM

Last time I saw Bogle get a hole shot at BC, he led from start to finish. About 3 yrs ago, aboard an RMZ.
In which case, today was out of character, I'd say something else was up. He doesn't normally fade so much he gets lapped.

|

8/18/2019 7:24 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Webb, Anderson, Moosecan, Osborne........those guys seem to be doing pretty good under the training!

So I’m gonna say YES Bogle would be helped by the Baker program.

Extreme heat endurance is a trait that set Baker's riders apart from the rest of the pack (excluding Tomac) yesterday at Budd's, and earlier this summer in Jacksonville. I was at Budd's, and I don't think it's any coincidence that the only non-Eli guys able to charge forward for the entirety for both motos were Musquin, Anderson, and Osborne. It was BALLS HOT - low 90's with 80% humidity. Seeing guys wear out on the track was 100% understandable if you were there.

So in just that very small and specific example, yes, I believe more fitness/heat resistance would have helped Justin Bogle leverage his starting abilities greatly in both motos.

Whether he would be a good fit for the program on a broader scale is another question entirely, and is anyone's guess.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

8/18/2019 12:51 PM

Yes. Everyone kicks it up a notch with him.

|

8/18/2019 12:54 PM

He has insane style!

|

8/18/2019 1:15 PM

I watched him hole shot Thunder Valley and ride away. He has the goods.

|

8/18/2019 1:27 PM

Does Aldon allow leg swag?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/18/2019 3:01 PM

He should help another Justin or two. Cooper and Barcia.

|

8/18/2019 3:14 PM

Uh, does it really matter if you have great style if you go from holeshot to 20th in 15 minutes??? I would suggest no. Maybe he needs less style and more conditioning.

I would wager Eli works just as hard or harder than the Aldon boys. That group is a level above the rest.

Aldon took great riders like RC4, RD5 and RV2 to a much higher level of greatness. And I doubt any of them enjoyed the lifestyle Aldon demanded. In fact, we know RV2 said he hated it on video.

If KR94 had stayed with Aldon and allowed his mindset to adjust he would probably have won more. RC4, RD5 and RV2 all had to adjust. They were willing to do it to win championships. If JA21 can adjust to Aldon anyone can!

|

8/18/2019 3:17 PM

I love Bogle's personality. Totally animated and up tempo dude

That works well for scratch!

I would like to see him figure it out and be a reg top 5-7 guy - high energy (except when he is fading)

|

When in Doubt - GAS IT

8/18/2019 3:29 PM

Well he didn't start Moto 2 so maybe he had an illness or injury?? 🤷

|

8/18/2019 3:32 PM

crt32 wrote:

Finally, an intelligent comment. Sad so many pass judgement without knowing the FACTS.

|

8/18/2019 4:03 PM

crt32 wrote:

O&GDriller wrote:

Finally, an intelligent comment. Sad so many pass judgement without knowing the FACTS.

|

8/18/2019 5:35 PM

He was at the GOAT farm during his last year at RCH, and some time during the disastrous JGR campaign. Suppose you could say he had his best 450 results coincide with his time at RCH.

Baker's program relies on heavy work load, but with ample rest. I think the shear amount of work doesn't fit some riders style, whether a physical or mental thing. Same as any other sport.

|

8/18/2019 8:17 PM

If Bogle, or really anyone for that matter wanted training with Aldon to benefit them, then it would benefit them. You have to be 100 percent committed to it. Not 99. That's not only with Aldon either, its anything. You have to eat, sleep, breathe the program. Putting everything towards improving your craft, will most certainly do that.

|

8/19/2019 6:20 AM

In my opinion, he needs help with one thing and one thing only - FOCUS. He seems to lose focus making one small mistake costing him either places, or injuring him.
He is fast, no doubt. I think if his focus improves, his confidence goes up, he runs in top 5 more often.

|