Would JH84 risk it to race Mexico ?

MotoMalyDad
Edited Date/Time 8/4/2014 3:18pm
If Tixier ends up 7 -10 points down to Herlings going into Mexico. Does he race and take a chance to possibly have a career ending re-injury of his leg or congratulate Tixier for his MX2 championship ? Herlings would have to really push it at Mexico and be close to 100% to get a top 3 spot in the race.
|
Brent
8/3/2014 8:34am
after todays race, Tixier is 57 points down to Herlings with 4 motos to go, or 100 points.

I think its over for Herlings, There is no way he should race in Mexico and possibly ruin his career.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
8/3/2014 8:59am
I've spoken with him earlier this weeks and he thinks there is an 80% chance he wil race Mexico.
davistld01
8/3/2014 9:03am
Brent wrote:
after todays race, Tixier is 57 points down to Herlings with 4 motos to go, or 100 points. I think its over for Herlings, There is...
after todays race, Tixier is 57 points down to Herlings with 4 motos to go, or 100 points.

I think its over for Herlings, There is no way he should race in Mexico and possibly ruin his career.
Why the hell is there a GP round in Mexico anyway? Last year the Mexican round was a freaking logistic & operational nightmare!

And, I think Herlings would be a pure idiot to race there.
Brent
8/3/2014 9:29am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 9:30am
I've spoken with him earlier this weeks and he thinks there is an 80% chance he wil race Mexico.
Wow.

That mean that Jeffery will have to go for the win in Mexico if Tixier even goes 3-3 in Brazil. If he gets hurt at the final round, he will be in a country that no one wants to be in with a serious injury, and getting to the USA for treatment takes time and preparation.

He could throw away next years championship by doing this, and maybe his long term health.

The Shop

mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
8/3/2014 9:31am
Okay im going to blow your mind now.. If Herlings is leading by under 10 points going into final round, Will the Mexican race get mysteriously cancelled by Mr GL for unforeseen circumstances so Herlings wins Championship and keeps it at KTM?
Brent
8/3/2014 9:35am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 9:39am
mx_phreek wrote:
Okay im going to blow your mind now.. If Herlings is leading by under 10 points going into final round, Will the Mexican race get mysteriously...
Okay im going to blow your mind now.. If Herlings is leading by under 10 points going into final round, Will the Mexican race get mysteriously cancelled by Mr GL for unforeseen circumstances so Herlings wins Championship and keeps it at KTM?
Hey that happened in the US 11 years ago with Grant Langston and Ryan Hughes. Last round cancelled with Langston 7 points ahead.
Gringoe
8/3/2014 9:39am
mx_phreek wrote:
Okay im going to blow your mind now.. If Herlings is leading by under 10 points going into final round, Will the Mexican race get mysteriously...
Brent wrote:
Hey that happened in the US 11 years ago with Grant Langston and Ryan Hughes. Last round cancelled with Langston 7 points ahead.
I was so gutted for ryno. You can't just end a 12 race championship after 11 rounds. If I was him I know I woulda spent a couple nights crying like a bitch and wishing some mofos were dead Grinning he will remember that forever
HenryA
8/3/2014 9:41am
Would his team even let him race?
8/3/2014 9:43am
mx_phreek wrote:
Does tixier not already ride for ktm....
Brent
8/3/2014 9:46am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 9:46am
Okay here's an even better conspiracy theory -

What if the other 250 guys lay up and let Tixier by them, because they love Jeffery so much for sandbagging in their class??

Blink
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
8/3/2014 12:42pm
He does, but is going CLS kawasaki next year they say so would take number 1 plate with him. I'm sure KTM don't want see a kawasaki running the 1 plate on TV next year
Question
8/3/2014 12:49pm
mx_phreek wrote:
Brent wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
I was so gutted for ryno. You can't just end a 12 race championship after 11 rounds. If I was him I know I woulda spent...
I was so gutted for ryno. You can't just end a 12 race championship after 11 rounds. If I was him I know I woulda spent a couple nights crying like a bitch and wishing some mofos were dead Grinning he will remember that forever

Yeah it was crazy to see this but it was no one's fault & no one's conspiracy, the race was cancelled once then recancelled again due to a flooded track !
Question
8/3/2014 12:51pm
Brent wrote:
Wow. That mean that Jeffery will have to go for the win in Mexico if Tixier even goes 3-3 in Brazil. If he gets hurt at...
Wow.

That mean that Jeffery will have to go for the win in Mexico if Tixier even goes 3-3 in Brazil. If he gets hurt at the final round, he will be in a country that no one wants to be in with a serious injury, and getting to the USA for treatment takes time and preparation.

He could throw away next years championship by doing this, and maybe his long term health.

Herlings does not need to win to get the title. Based on Tixier's results, Herlings should score about 30 points in total, a 6-6 should be sufficient.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/3/2014 12:57pm
Question wrote:
Herlings does not need to win to get the title. Based on Tixier's results, Herlings should score about 30 points in total, a 6-6 should be...

Herlings does not need to win to get the title. Based on Tixier's results, Herlings should score about 30 points in total, a 6-6 should be sufficient.
yea something like that.
Worst case be tixier making 50pts in brazil, then he would need 7pts less than him or more in mexico

But in this tight class in most races a 6th place is not much easier than a 1st, so his leg better be healed up properly by then, its not like it will be a walk in the park
Olson
8/3/2014 1:02pm
mx_phreek wrote:
He does, but is going CLS kawasaki next year they say so would take number 1 plate with him. I'm sure KTM don't want see a...
He does, but is going CLS kawasaki next year they say so would take number 1 plate with him. I'm sure KTM don't want see a kawasaki running the 1 plate on TV next year
No one runs #1 plates in the GPs.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/3/2014 1:39pm
mx_phreek wrote:
He does, but is going CLS kawasaki next year they say so would take number 1 plate with him. I'm sure KTM don't want see a...
Olson wrote:
No one runs #1 plates in the GPs.

63mark
8/3/2014 2:10pm
mx_phreek wrote:
Even if Herlings wont win the championship, his teammate Tixier is the only one who can beat him. So it will be a win for KTM anyway....
Brent
8/3/2014 2:25pm
Femur breaks are major and to go at race speed less than 8 weeks after injury, even with a rod, is just a huge risk.

Jeffery does deserve the title, he is the best 250 guy and everyone knows it. To re injure yourself for another title is just an unacceptable risk.
The Rock
8/3/2014 2:52pm
Yes and he also rode at Lierop when Everts and others suggested not riding. It is amazing how much smarter your parents get about the time you get to be 20, 21. BTW how is the nerve damage in his shoulder now?

Park it JH and heal up before you possibly make things significantly worse. Walking normally the rest of your life is more important than anything IMO.
8/3/2014 3:37pm
Brent wrote:
Femur breaks are major and to go at race speed less than 8 weeks after injury, even with a rod, is just a huge risk. Jeffery...
Femur breaks are major and to go at race speed less than 8 weeks after injury, even with a rod, is just a huge risk.

Jeffery does deserve the title, he is the best 250 guy and everyone knows it. To re injure yourself for another title is just an unacceptable risk.
I don't think JH realizes what that will feel like in just 8 weeks. I still have my Ti rod in my left femur...when the doc cleared me to start jogging again...I wanted to cry after just 5 minutes, it hurt so bad.

And that was at 12 weeks post op (or more, it's been a few years).

Personally, I think he is stupid to even consider trying it. If he does try, it will not end well.
es337
8/3/2014 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2014 3:57pm
13days after breaking my femure. I dont walk normal yet, But big improvements. #1/4 #6weeks #BELIEVE.

8/3/2014 4:01pm
G-forces on the leg in MX conditions....

I stand by my opinion, and those of you that have rods in your femur will probably agree...he won't be able to race at 8 weeks...the first big jump or whoop is going to g-load that leg like nobody's business.
Xracer
8/3/2014 4:44pm
I've seen guys who are MISSING limbs go pretty fast. Doug Henry can still beat most of us. I say they leave the left peg off so he can't put wright on that leg and let him start getting points next weekend, How many points does last place pay anyhow? Throw in a few DNFs from others and he might do ok.
agn5009
8/3/2014 4:59pm
Xracer wrote:
I've seen guys who are MISSING limbs go pretty fast. Doug Henry can still beat most of us. I say they leave the left peg off...
I've seen guys who are MISSING limbs go pretty fast. Doug Henry can still beat most of us. I say they leave the left peg off so he can't put wright on that leg and let him start getting points next weekend, How many points does last place pay anyhow? Throw in a few DNFs from others and he might do ok.
Difference is the pain. Guys who are missing limbs typically don't have the pain anymore. Jeffrey will still be in a lot of pain. And comparing a former pro whooping us, average riders at best, is kind of dumb. Jeffrey could whoop any of us while being injured, but other pros who are some of the best in the world is a different story.
Brent
8/3/2014 5:06pm
The Rock wrote:
Yes and he also rode at Lierop when Everts and others suggested not riding. It is amazing how much smarter your parents get about the time...
Yes and he also rode at Lierop when Everts and others suggested not riding. It is amazing how much smarter your parents get about the time you get to be 20, 21. BTW how is the nerve damage in his shoulder now?

Park it JH and heal up before you possibly make things significantly worse. Walking normally the rest of your life is more important than anything IMO.
Exactly. Just like most kids he feels invincible at his age,

The FIM would be out of their mind to clear him medically for the race, as would any Orthopedist.

He made a mistake and has to learn from it, not make it bigger.
Xavier
8/3/2014 6:11pm
Jeffrey also has some surgery planned for his shoulder.

If Jordi scores big again at next GP, Jeffrey will have to decide between going to Mexico or let go and have the shoulder done, so he can work on both recoveries simultaneously and save time.

Xeno
8/3/2014 6:22pm
Question wrote:
Herlings does not need to win to get the title. Based on Tixier's results, Herlings should score about 30 points in total, a 6-6 should be...

Do you think Herlings can go 6-6 less than 8 weeks after breaking his femur?

If he does, that will be a great comeback story. He will have earned the championship the hard way!
Gringoe
8/3/2014 6:28pm
Brent wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
I was so gutted for ryno. You can't just end a 12 race championship after 11 rounds. If I was him I know I woulda spent...
Question wrote:
Yeah it was crazy to see this but it was no one's fault & no one's conspiracy, the race was cancelled once then recancelled again due...

Yeah it was crazy to see this but it was no one's fault & no one's conspiracy, the race was cancelled once then recancelled again due to a flooded track !
I wish they would of just moved it to a different track...
The Rock
8/3/2014 9:44pm
Brent wrote:
Exactly. Just like most kids he feels invincible at his age, The FIM would be out of their mind to clear him medically for the race...
Exactly. Just like most kids he feels invincible at his age,

The FIM would be out of their mind to clear him medically for the race, as would any Orthopedist.

He made a mistake and has to learn from it, not make it bigger.
Does the FIM actually have to provide clearance?

In SX I don't think Reed had to get cleared from the FIM after he got injured and then tried to keep racing. Man I was gutted when Reed got hurt....his two wins were the highlight of the SX season for me.

Post a reply to: Would JH84 risk it to race Mexico ?

The Latest