Would Dungey go?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2017 6:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 6:11 AM

To MXoN? Why not? He hasn't lost the speed. I know it'll never happen, but man, that would put him in a category all to himself. Win or lose, he would definitely be remembered for stepping up when others wouldn't.

|

8/10/2017 6:12 AM

No.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/10/2017 6:19 AM

You want to send a washed up retiree who was never more that Villo's lil bitch?











By the way, that post was filled with lots of sarcasm. Lots of sarcasm. laughing

|

8/10/2017 6:22 AM

Never saw anyone so burnt out as dungey. He gave it so much for so long. Sorry but a few months off aint gonna cure that.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/10/2017 6:25 AM

Dungey struggled at that race. I don't think he'd be inclined to go

|

8/10/2017 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 6:42 AM

resetjet wrote:

Never saw anyone so burnt out as dungey. He gave it so much for so long. Sorry but a few months off aint gonna cure that.

I think Villo was even more burnt out. It is a hell of a grind, both physically and mentally, to be at the top of this sport. Not to change the subject (there is already a 28+ page thread about it), but burn out is a big reason that I have no issue with Tomac electing not to do the MXoN.

As for Dungey, I'd love to see him come back for this one event. Don't think it will happen, though.

|

8/10/2017 7:10 AM

newmann wrote:

You want to send a washed up retiree who was never more that Villo's lil bitch?











By the way, that post was filled with lots of sarcasm. Lots of sarcasm. laughing

Haha.... I didn't scroll down far enough at first and my fthought was " wow, Newmann coming in hot"

|

8/10/2017 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 7:15 AM

Absolutely not for a number of reasons. Primarily because its safe to say he hasn't been training enough run 2 30's at world class speed.

|

8/10/2017 7:16 AM

I swear my IQ drops everytime I visit this website.

|

8/10/2017 7:20 AM

Listened to RD5 on DMXS and he did not seem nearly as burned out now. The time off has been good for him. Would he entertain this, doubt it, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out. He has been training on the road bike and mentioned he is training for a half and full marathon.

|

8/10/2017 7:36 AM

The pressure would be off if he went...he's retired, stepping in because someone else wouldn't go, nobody expects him to win...but If he (and or team USA) wins he's a hero! If he (and or team USA) loses he's a hero for stepping up, and everyone pats him on the back for trying.

Everything to gain and nothing to lose...id love to see it.

|

8/10/2017 7:42 AM

RV is going, on the new CR500R Honda just announced. Dungey, wouldn't go as the open guy. Maybe next year.

|

8/10/2017 7:49 AM

I've mentioned this before, it would be awesome for Dungey to come back for this one race. It's technically an exhibition race, not for points, so it wouldn't even count as a "comeback". And didn't RC do it that last year when he was "retired" and only did like 4 nationals?

|

8/10/2017 7:52 AM

Also, you know what, he could go over and test the 2018.5 FE for them and get some early feedback. You know he's said he wants to stay involved with KTM. Well here's a great chance to help USA and KTM both at once.

|

8/10/2017 7:58 AM

defeatist45 wrote:

To MXoN? Why not? He hasn't lost the speed. I know it'll never happen, but man, that would put him in a category all to himself. Win or lose, he would definitely be remembered for stepping up when others wouldn't.

Um, no. I am pretty sure when he announced his retirement he meant he was done racing. He did not mention any exceptions.

|

8/10/2017 8:00 AM

RV, Dungey, Stew...done.. if we are going to lose we might as well look cool doing it.

|

8/10/2017 8:52 AM

i actually texted the Dunge this morning and offered Linds to come stay with Meg and I, for 'Merica

they didn't say no

|

8/10/2017 10:11 AM

peelout wrote:

i actually texted the Dunge this morning and offered Linds to come stay with Meg and I, for 'Merica

they didn't say no

You're a goddamn patriot, peely.

|

8/10/2017 10:16 AM

Photo
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/10/2017 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2017 11:14 AM

It's a hypothetical. But what if....Photo

But for real, some of you guys need to lighten up and not take this Moto opinion web forum so seriously.

|

8/10/2017 11:27 AM

Probably taking a nap and ordering a pizza during the race bro, long live the Dunge

|



8/10/2017 1:27 PM

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

8/10/2017 1:43 PM

He is going to Show up & race the Monster Cup. Stamp that

|

8/10/2017 2:10 PM

tprice07 wrote:

RV, Dungey, Stew...done.. if we are going to lose we might as well look cool doing it.

SWEET ............cool HELL YEAH

|

SHORTER OF BREATH
ONE DAY CLOSER TO DEATH

8/10/2017 2:26 PM

It's....actually a pretty good idea.

|

8/10/2017 2:37 PM

ocscottie wrote: Photo

Stealing this Scottie

|

8/10/2017 3:17 PM

defeatist45 wrote:

It's a hypothetical. But what if....Photo

But for real, some of you guys need to lighten up and not take this Moto opinion web forum so seriously.

What do you mean "Moto opinion web forum"?
Are you insinuating that not everybody here knows what they're talking about?
BTW, have you heard yet? Dungey is asking to race the MXoN.

|

8/10/2017 6:44 PM

Man, how unbelievable would it be if he did go. It would be even more amazing if the team won. What a way to go out.

|

8/10/2017 7:21 PM

Call it team RED, Retired Extremely Dangerous.

Dungey
RV
Canard or Stew.....lol

|