Worst things about motocross......

wow123
11/20/2010 5:10am
Forgot:

Thinking your fast but not actually being.
Switch
11/20/2010 5:29am
Rock to the nose on the first lap
getting stuffed, then not being able to catch the guy to repay the favor
Hitting neutral
lilbulld
11/20/2010 5:57am
wow123 wrote:
Dust

Lappers all of a sudden getting faster as your about to pass them

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
+1
lilbulld
11/20/2010 5:58am
dc1236 wrote:
Worst Things about motocross……………….. 1. Monday mornings after a race 2. having to Clean your air filter after neglecting it longer than you really admit to...
Worst Things about motocross………………..
1. Monday mornings after a race
2. having to Clean your air filter after neglecting it longer than you really admit to
3. Being in the last moto of the day
4. Having to drop a deuce 5 minutes before your moto
5. Fluorescent pink MX gear that you are too embarrassed to wear anymore
6. Flat-billers
7. People who insist on using the number ‘69’ on their bike
8. The a$$hole that beat you by 1 point
9. The bigger a$$hole that beat you and you both were tied in overall points
10. People that insist everything they buy for motocross is the best
11. Breaking your fender in practice on raceday
12. Getting the holeshot and then laying it over in the first corner
13. Having a pitboard, but no one using it for you
14. ordering new gear and finding out they sent the wrong size
15. Denting your new aftermarket pipe
16. Losing one of your gloves at the racetrack
17. ‘Sharting’ while at the track with all your buddies
18. Having vehicle problems while traveling to an out of town race

Feel free to add on.............
This is very true

The Shop

KMC440
11/20/2010 6:12am
Getting off work haulin ass to the local fri nite track (Cycleland Chico on this occasion) only to realize you didn't throw your boots in the truck at 5:30am when you went to work.

Driving like a maniac to Oroville Kmart and get some cheap work boots... thank Christ for Boot Gators ! ! !

I posted this for a friend.
11/20/2010 6:24am
Pinched Tubes

Smelly Gear
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
11/20/2010 6:34am
whiskey throttle through the woops
jatharp12
11/20/2010 6:58am
KMC440 wrote:
Getting off work haulin ass to the local fri nite track (Cycleland Chico on this occasion) only to realize you didn't throw your boots in the...
Getting off work haulin ass to the local fri nite track (Cycleland Chico on this occasion) only to realize you didn't throw your boots in the truck at 5:30am when you went to work.

Driving like a maniac to Oroville Kmart and get some cheap work boots... thank Christ for Boot Gators ! ! !

I posted this for a friend.
Are you from oroville? I'm in Oklahoma, but my wife is from there. Every time we go, I see like 10 cool places to ride. There's even a track right below my mother in laws house. I sit on her deck, and can see guy's tearing it up.
neysbo
11/20/2010 6:59am
Injuries for sure but they happen in all sports

The cost is getting way out of hand and really limits who can do what

Local races where you are there for 12 hours and get less than 30 minutes of seat time
JustMX
11/20/2010 7:04am
Adam43 wrote:
- Seeing people suffering life-changing, debilitating injuries when they were just out to have fun. - Families forcing themselves into financial ruin and sacrificing a child's...
- Seeing people suffering life-changing, debilitating injuries when they were just out to have fun.

- Families forcing themselves into financial ruin and sacrificing a child's future on their own pipe dreams.

- Costs escalating to a point where a passionate young teenager and his dad can't even afford to compete.
x2
11/20/2010 8:21am
308 wrote:
watching a moto dad yelling at his 6 year old son
That shit is insane. Seen kids Dads screaming at them, felt like putting my High point boots in their jaw
Same thing as having to park (pit) next to them and besides hearing the dad scream at his kid listening to him rant how much money he has "invested" in bikes and they still run like a POS because he doesn't know how to lube a chain let alone clean a air filter.
JW381
11/20/2010 9:17am
Arm Pump, and all the negative effects that come with it.

The calculated fall to the short toilets at Albany MX. It's literally sketchier than riding sometimes. Since you can't really do the regular sit down with your riding pants and boots on. It's you and your nuts vs gravity

Douche bag kids that think they're the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Waking up at 6 A.M. driving 3 hours to get to the track, getting a total of one hour of ride time, packing up all your dirty shit, driving 3 hours back, and having to unpack and clean all your dirty shit off.

Money, or should I say lack there of.

Watching pros make it look so easy, then kicking over your bike and facing the reality that most of us face. Unless you're DDavis.

Feeling good in practice, then feeling not so good when it counts.

Ho$pital Bill$.

Wanting to ride so bad when you're at work, then feeling lazy and not into it on the weekend when you're finally at the track.

AND LASTLY..

Hitting a jump that you had been neglecting all day, finding out it wasn't nearly as hard as you thought, and realizing that you're a huuuuuuuuuge pussy.

JW381
11/20/2010 9:18am
Stoop wrote:
whiskey throttle through the woops
X2
JW381
11/20/2010 9:22am
Torco1 wrote:
Shitting in the port-a-poty and having the water splash back up on your ass and the back of your jersey.
x2 or just having to shit in a port a potty at all. Driving 5 hours to race only to find out you went to the...
x2 or just having to shit in a port a potty at all.

Driving 5 hours to race only to find out you went to the wrong track ( maybe that was just my stupidity..lol)

Blowing up your bike 1 lap into practice.

Stoop wrote:
And blowing it up on the far end of the track, and have to push the sum bitch back
Mine blew literally at the furthest point from where I was parked. I google mapped it, did some geology and geometry and biology and everything. Ok I didn't actually do that, but still, I can't think of anywhere that was further from where I was pitted that day.
yz250rider
11/20/2010 9:48am
black plastics,and people wearing there shoes while riding

haha
Hattica77
11/20/2010 9:53am
dc1236 wrote:
Worst Things about motocross……………….. 1. Monday mornings after a race 2. having to Clean your air filter after neglecting it longer than you really admit to...
Worst Things about motocross………………..
1. Monday mornings after a race
2. having to Clean your air filter after neglecting it longer than you really admit to
3. Being in the last moto of the day
4. Having to drop a deuce 5 minutes before your moto
5. Fluorescent pink MX gear that you are too embarrassed to wear anymore
6. Flat-billers
7. People who insist on using the number ‘69’ on their bike
8. The a$$hole that beat you by 1 point
9. The bigger a$$hole that beat you and you both were tied in overall points
10. People that insist everything they buy for motocross is the best
11. Breaking your fender in practice on raceday
12. Getting the holeshot and then laying it over in the first corner
13. Having a pitboard, but no one using it for you
14. ordering new gear and finding out they sent the wrong size
15. Denting your new aftermarket pipe
16. Losing one of your gloves at the racetrack
17. ‘Sharting’ while at the track with all your buddies
18. Having vehicle problems while traveling to an out of town race

Feel free to add on.............
These are pretty good.

19. Crashing in a left handed corner and smashing your fingers between the bars and the clutch on a cold day.
20. Overfilling your gas tank and ruining your new graphics.
21. Stripping the bolt that tightens your chain.
22. Snapping off your seat or subframe bolts from over tightening.
23. Knocking your bike off the stand with the power washer and bending your new bars.
24. Getting hit in the tip of your nose or tip of your johnson by roost.
25. Having a kid jump in front of you in practice that rides in 2nd gear WFO, scrubs every breaking bump, then pulls off after 3 laps.
26. Working for about 30 laps on building a nice inside rut, then seeing a guy on a quad hang his fatass off the side of his banshee and power slide it back to flat.
27. Security guards at the races. Especially SX races.
28. Watching the water truck soak the face of the biggest jump on the track.
29. Guys with backpacks and a fauxhawk that think they're "industry."
30. Pulling the holeshot, then fading.
31. Camping beside someone with a 1986 Honda generator with a Michelob Light can for a muffler.
32. Hearing the same person wake up at 6:30am and crank their 2003 RM250 to life and ring the dog shit out of it.
33. Watching a flagger tend to a fallen rider, then make gestures to the medic crew like his femur is snapped.
34. Quick gate drops.
35. Hearing a guy behind you yelling at you because you are tired and blocking him.
36. Hearing whitney Houston isng the national anthem for the 547th time in your life.
37. Trying to take someone out, but crashing yourself instead.
38. Pulling off on the white flag and claiming victory.
39. Having the flagger give you the white flag twice.
40. Watching your bro's hold their hands a millimeter apart as your rival is closing in on you.
41. Bringing your chick to the track and hearing her say, 'I'm, like, really bored" before you finish getting your gear on.
42. The acid taste that's left in your mouth after you barley save it on a panic rev endo.
43. Having a guy at the bar ask about your Fox t-shirt, then ask you if you can "back flip."
44. Hearing your Dad say, "you need to go into the whoops harder and faster."
45. Seeing "juice heads" with tribal tattoos that ride the C class with Metal Mulisha graphics have the hottest chicks in the pits.
46. Seeing the quad guy have THE hottest chick in the pits.
47. Laying in bed at night in your motorhome and hearing the rain pelting the piss out of the roof, and knowing you're first moto at Loretta's.
48. Having the announcer mess up your last name.
49. Laying on your back with spit all over your face and listening to your bike screaming out in the weeds with the throttle stuck on a dusty 97 degree day.
50. Being late for practice.
51. Knowing that you're coming up short on a very big triple.
52. Getting f*cking sand or dirt inside your goggles when you're leading and seeing it dance around over every jump.
53. Trying to ride as said and dirt particles are embedded in your eye.
54. Getting stung by a bee or wasp inside your jersey and having to beat the shit out of yourself as you try to keep racing.
55. Crashing spectacularly he first time you ride with your brand new helmet and paint job.
56. Having to race the next day with a visor that doesn't match.

LOL!!!! I could go on and on!!!
Top End
11/20/2010 10:02am
Right after the gate drops you remember you forgot to put your goggles on.
BobbyM
11/20/2010 10:44am
they used to schedule the track watering around my motos...

Track Watering Rules>

1st track watering: right before myers's moto.

2nd track watering: as needed unless myers is racing a 2nd moto then see #1
captmoto
11/20/2010 10:56am
Torco1 wrote:
Shitting in the port-a-poty and having the water splash back up on your ass and the back of your jersey.
Holy shit, what did you eat before the race?
captmoto
11/20/2010 11:03am
Top End wrote:
Right after the gate drops you remember you forgot to put your goggles on.
Forgot to strap my helmet on once. Flopped all the way down landing on the first jump.
captmoto
11/20/2010 11:05am
Losing a wheel spacer in your own garage and driving 48 miles one way to replace it on Saturday. Finding the spacer on Sunday night when you are putting your gear away.
Highsider
11/20/2010 11:14am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2010 11:17am
Hattica77 wrote:
These are pretty good. 19. Crashing in a left handed corner and smashing your fingers between the bars and the clutch on a cold day. 20...
These are pretty good.

19. Crashing in a left handed corner and smashing your fingers between the bars and the clutch on a cold day.
20. Overfilling your gas tank and ruining your new graphics.
21. Stripping the bolt that tightens your chain.
22. Snapping off your seat or subframe bolts from over tightening.
23. Knocking your bike off the stand with the power washer and bending your new bars.
24. Getting hit in the tip of your nose or tip of your johnson by roost.
25. Having a kid jump in front of you in practice that rides in 2nd gear WFO, scrubs every breaking bump, then pulls off after 3 laps.
26. Working for about 30 laps on building a nice inside rut, then seeing a guy on a quad hang his fatass off the side of his banshee and power slide it back to flat.
27. Security guards at the races. Especially SX races.
28. Watching the water truck soak the face of the biggest jump on the track.
29. Guys with backpacks and a fauxhawk that think they're "industry."
30. Pulling the holeshot, then fading.
31. Camping beside someone with a 1986 Honda generator with a Michelob Light can for a muffler.
32. Hearing the same person wake up at 6:30am and crank their 2003 RM250 to life and ring the dog shit out of it.
33. Watching a flagger tend to a fallen rider, then make gestures to the medic crew like his femur is snapped.
34. Quick gate drops.
35. Hearing a guy behind you yelling at you because you are tired and blocking him.
36. Hearing whitney Houston isng the national anthem for the 547th time in your life.
37. Trying to take someone out, but crashing yourself instead.
38. Pulling off on the white flag and claiming victory.
39. Having the flagger give you the white flag twice.
40. Watching your bro's hold their hands a millimeter apart as your rival is closing in on you.
41. Bringing your chick to the track and hearing her say, 'I'm, like, really bored" before you finish getting your gear on.
42. The acid taste that's left in your mouth after you barley save it on a panic rev endo.
43. Having a guy at the bar ask about your Fox t-shirt, then ask you if you can "back flip."
44. Hearing your Dad say, "you need to go into the whoops harder and faster."
45. Seeing "juice heads" with tribal tattoos that ride the C class with Metal Mulisha graphics have the hottest chicks in the pits.
46. Seeing the quad guy have THE hottest chick in the pits.
47. Laying in bed at night in your motorhome and hearing the rain pelting the piss out of the roof, and knowing you're first moto at Loretta's.
48. Having the announcer mess up your last name.
49. Laying on your back with spit all over your face and listening to your bike screaming out in the weeds with the throttle stuck on a dusty 97 degree day.
50. Being late for practice.
51. Knowing that you're coming up short on a very big triple.
52. Getting f*cking sand or dirt inside your goggles when you're leading and seeing it dance around over every jump.
53. Trying to ride as said and dirt particles are embedded in your eye.
54. Getting stung by a bee or wasp inside your jersey and having to beat the shit out of yourself as you try to keep racing.
55. Crashing spectacularly he first time you ride with your brand new helmet and paint job.
56. Having to race the next day with a visor that doesn't match.

LOL!!!! I could go on and on!!!
Good additions, AB.

The more items we can check off these lists, shows how long we have been riding.

I am a bit older, but I have just finished my 44th year of dirt bikes and motocross!

Ready to buy a new 450 in the spring. Wouldn't trade moto for anything.
Highsider
11/20/2010 11:16am
BobbyM wrote:
they used to schedule the track watering around my motos... Track Watering Rules> 1st track watering: right before myers's moto. 2nd track watering: as needed unless...
they used to schedule the track watering around my motos...

Track Watering Rules>

1st track watering: right before myers's moto.

2nd track watering: as needed unless myers is racing a 2nd moto then see #1
Much as I liked Cooperland (RIP), not only did they water just before the +40/+50 race, but the driver finished his watering lap at the first turn!
Can you say "two-wheel drift"?
Woohoo
Rooster
11/20/2010 11:40am
Having to put back on cold wet gear for the second moto at a mud race.

It's almost as bad as getting back into cold wet hockey gear for the second game of the day at a hockey tournament,
dc1236
11/20/2010 12:10pm
God, I love it! Thanks you guys. This was the first thread I ever started.
I'm glad most of us have a good sense of humor.....especially the porta-pottie ones!
how about............

- loosing to a girl (not that that has ever happened to me!)
- James is faster than Chad, or RV, or RD, or etc. threads
- chicks who do their nails at the races
- thinking you're in about 5th place only to find out you are a lapper.
- broken boot buckles
- the dvd player keeps skipping while you are watching 'On Any Sunday' or 'Winners Take
All'
DBerg
11/20/2010 12:20pm
- Struggling with mounting a new front tire for like half an hour with some peice of crap little tire irons and then feeling pretty sure that you just pinched the tube.
- Waiting until after your moto to go take a dump and then getting to the toilet in a panic only to have your pants get hung up on your knee braces while you're in a cramped porta potty and it's 117 degrees in there.
- Finally getting your pants passed the knee braces so you can hurry up, sit down, and do work, and then as you sit, you wonder if your ass is really that sweaty or if someone just pee'd all over the toilet seat without you noticing.
- Having to manuever around rain ruts on jump faces because the track hasn't been prepped in about 2 months.
- Quads.
- That false sense of confidence when you bail mid-air but think you'll land feet first on the landing and be ok, only to find yourself laying on the ground about 5 seconds later wondering if your legs are ok.
- When people see you at a gas station or whatever with your bike, and the first question they ask is, "How fast does that thing go?"
- Talking moto with someone who really has no clue what they're talking about.
- Hearing one of your buddies say that he's selling his bikes and quitting completely because it's too expensive to race 2 races almost every weekend and be at the track 3-4 days during the week, but you're pretty sure it actually has something to do with his dad yelling at him everytime he didn't win, or even if he did, he'd get yelled at for not getting the holeshot or for just barely winning.
- Seeing someone you're racing against huffing gas (ya, for real... I made sure I was NOT lined up next to that idiot)
- People that get into fights or just talk a lot shit at races when there's little kids around.
- Track owners/managers that have a bad attitude towards all the racers.
- A favorite track getting closed down (I miss Mosier)
11/20/2010 12:31pm
-KO in the whoops at hometown fair race.
-Leaving air filter cages in the garage while you are three hours away installing fresh filters.
-125 in the Open class
-Both classes only 2 motos apart, on different bikes.
-Feeling on the gate that you hate racing.
-Feeling after a crash that you hate racing.
-Hearing your kid/brother/kid brother's bike panic rev and the sprint in full gear towards him.
-"You might want to quit riding, your back is shot."
-Sleeping in the floor of the van in January
-Seeing the picture of you that looks so good, only to notice that your goggle strap is hanging down or that the next photo you look like your about to eat it.
-Calling a track that says they've gotten no rain, only to get there and see it's a swamp.
Dropbear
11/20/2010 1:17pm
When you tell people you race motocross, they think "Crusty Demon's huh?"
RaceFace
11/20/2010 2:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
Getting injured, then getting screamed at by your better half! YOUR NOT GONNA BE HAPPY TIL YOU KILL YOURSELF! LOL
Nope, the better half got that one backwards.

Post a reply to: Worst things about motocross......

The Latest