Worst moto accessory you ever bought?

dcg141
12/6/2011 9:06am
T Man 345 wrote:
I had these as a kid, worst things ever... :blush: [img]http://imagearchive.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0407/51-6000.jpg[/img]
I had these as a kid, worst things ever... Blush

mx510 wrote:
Thats where I was going with this one. I am embarrassed that I ever bought them. The real goon came out in me at the shop...
Thats where I was going with this one. I am embarrassed that I ever bought them. The real goon came out in me at the shop that day back in 1994 I guess.
I have a running argument over these with all my trail riding buddies. Trail riders use these things alot and some one asked me one day why I never used them. I looked at him and said "nothing says dork quite like a quick strap".So since that day its been on with all my trail riding friends.They accuse me of being a motosnob and I of couse tell them they might as well put "I am gay" on the back of thier jerseys.
kx137
Fantasy
17th
12/7/2011 4:02am
+1 on the two finger levers, lever skins, quick strap, and nuetech tubliss setup!

Hammerhead shifter with +10/+20 tips - I have had two. Both shredded the splines in less then two rides each on my ktm450 . This is with a brandnew shift shaft too, stock lever one lasted me 2 years heavily abused. Dealing with them has been an absolute beating too - lesson learned - just wish someone else made a quality product like this. With size 13 boots its very helpful. Modified a replacement stock one and added the tip on it - no problems months later.
Hando
12/7/2011 6:54pm
Tusk Gasket Kit,
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I forgot about these POS! Damn it's been awhile.

Tusk gaskets made me realize paying more for OEM is always worth it.

The Shop

12/7/2011 7:09pm
Magura hydraulic clutch.

NEVER had one problem with the Honda/Hinson components. Had a Magura hydraulic clutch sent my way and it bunged up on me big time in an important race.
MXR
12/7/2011 7:31pm
mrquick wrote:
I hate to admit to it but I bought a pair of those god-awful scott plastic boots...couldnt feel nothing while wearing them.Hell you coulnt evev walk...
I hate to admit to it but I bought a pair of those god-awful scott plastic boots...couldnt feel nothing while wearing
them.Hell you coulnt evev walk in them.I even did the hot mod to them and cut the extended knee guard off with a hacksaw
then i couldnt sell them. Total waste of money .
I had a pair of those , they sucked . Some little shit stole them out of my pickup when I was riding ( i was wearing high points ) . Found the little fuck riding his dirtbike with my boots on . Stopped him and gave him a choice . Choice #1 Give me my boots back . Choice #2 Get your face smashed in and I'll take them back myself . . He opted for #1 and I left him there in his socks at the bottom of a deep ravine/ canyon with no way to kick start or compression start his bike .
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
763rd
12/7/2011 7:55pm
Ok I think I have all you beat..

The cheap blue milk crate to stand your bike on as a bike stand. Every single person that I know that own one of these at some point tried to use it as a step to load there bike in the back of their truck and their foot fell through the cheap top causing you to drop your bike and bang your chin on the tail gate. True story. At least 4 people I knew this happen too.

Mxracer24
12/7/2011 8:01pm
Barrett57 wrote:
2005 cr125, slowest pile of shite on the planet. Even when bored out.
agreed 1000000000000000000000000000000000000x
Hut
12/7/2011 8:05pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
Ok I think I have all you beat.. The cheap blue milk crate to stand your bike on as a bike stand. Every single person that...

The cheap blue milk crate to stand your bike on as a bike stand. Every single person that I know that own one of these at some point tried to use it as a step to load there bike in the back of their truck and their foot fell through the cheap top causing you to drop your bike and bang your chin on the tail gate. True story. At least 4 people I knew this happen too.

and in contrast one of the best moto accessories of all time were the old heavy duty metal wire milk crates.
bullpen58
12/7/2011 9:35pm
For me, it was DEFINITELY those weird goggle strap thingies where you replaced your goggle strap with one that velcroed to your helmet. At the time, I thought I was so cool. Looking back, I can't believe I was THAT douchey.
bullpen58
12/7/2011 9:37pm
T Man 345 wrote:
I had these as a kid, worst things ever... :blush: [img]http://imagearchive.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0407/51-6000.jpg[/img]

mx510 wrote:
Thats where I was going with this one. I am embarrassed that I ever bought them. The real goon came out in me at the shop...
Thats where I was going with this one. I am embarrassed that I ever bought them. The real goon came out in me at the shop that day back in 1994 I guess.
dcg141 wrote:
I have a running argument over these with all my trail riding buddies. Trail riders use these things alot and some one asked me one day...
I have a running argument over these with all my trail riding buddies. Trail riders use these things alot and some one asked me one day why I never used them. I looked at him and said "nothing says dork quite like a quick strap".So since that day its been on with all my trail riding friends.They accuse me of being a motosnob and I of couse tell them they might as well put "I am gay" on the back of thier jerseys.
Oh snap! THAT was what I was talking about! I forgot the name and didn't read the entire thread before I posted. LMAO at that shit.
Pat327
12/7/2011 10:10pm
Break-away hand guards.

davis224
Fantasy
182nd
12/8/2011 5:47am
Berik boots. Within a year they were mostly held on by duct tape
Hando
12/8/2011 10:49am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2011 10:50am
These were pretty bad. They look good but fall apart rather quickly

Thor T-30s

spitfire143
12/8/2011 11:01am
T Man 345 wrote:

LOL i had those too, HORRIBLE!
bt260
12/8/2011 11:02am
Moto_Geek wrote:
Ok I think I have all you beat.. The cheap blue milk crate to stand your bike on as a bike stand. Every single person that...

I got one of these free when I bought my 1996 RM250. I still have it, it's never even had a bike on it an the top is broke out of it.!
12/8/2011 1:38pm
Kmid514 wrote:
The new gas cans that you have to hold the nozzle in to use. I might as well wash my bike with gasoline. Spill proof, Ha.
^^^^THIS^^^^
indy_maico
12/8/2011 2:11pm
preston petty hex grips

inter-am solid aluminum handlebars

Oakely goggles (the first ones were crap! They are a lot better now!)
zippy895
12/8/2011 4:31pm
T Man 345 wrote:

they worked great for me. i wear glasses!
TeamGreen
12/8/2011 4:55pm
'91 KTM 125...the cases were disolving right out of the crate (Pump housing, magnesium).

The Linkage was binding, right outta the crate...push the rear of the bike down...it stayed...down.

The gear-box: Awesome...as long as you didn't shift it.

VERY, VERY, VERY fast motor...in whatever gear you left the gate in...it was fast...in THAT Gear...'cause that's the only gear you're gonna get 'til ya let ALL THE WAY off of the throttle.

I called Pete Murray(?), I think. Told him that my KTM was the best Honda advertisement ever made.

I'd gotten a sweet deal on the bike for racing (2 of them, actually. -1- was never even started!). Still. Nothing good about that Open-Bike POS chassis with a disolving motor.

Nothing.
TeamGreen
12/8/2011 4:56pm
indy_maico wrote:
preston petty hex grips

inter-am solid aluminum handlebars

Oakely goggles (the first ones were crap! They are a lot better now!)
Hodaka air-filter assemblies.

Maico brakes/lack there of.

Monarchs.

Carabellas.

Kenny Zart.

Etc.
12/8/2011 5:03pm
Moto_Geek wrote:

bt260 wrote:
I got one of these free when I bought my 1996 RM250. I still have it, it's never even had a bike on it an the...
I got one of these free when I bought my 1996 RM250. I still have it, it's never even had a bike on it an the top is broke out of it.!
I had one too, screwed a piece of wood to the top for the needed height, the thing worked fine.
Sparkalounger
12/8/2011 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2011 6:08pm
i wanted a a stadium front plate for my 1991 cr125, you know, so i could be like jeff stanton and jmb... well instead of getting the sweet day glow acerbis one like the honda boys had my old man convinced me that buying the cheaper maire one was the way to go....
you know how that turned out...

wait... i just looked at their website... are they better now? they at least look polished now...
wildbill
12/8/2011 10:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
'91 KTM 125...the cases were disolving right out of the crate (Pump housing, magnesium). The Linkage was binding, right outta the crate...push the rear of the...
'91 KTM 125...the cases were disolving right out of the crate (Pump housing, magnesium).

The Linkage was binding, right outta the crate...push the rear of the bike down...it stayed...down.

The gear-box: Awesome...as long as you didn't shift it.

VERY, VERY, VERY fast motor...in whatever gear you left the gate in...it was fast...in THAT Gear...'cause that's the only gear you're gonna get 'til ya let ALL THE WAY off of the throttle.

I called Pete Murray(?), I think. Told him that my KTM was the best Honda advertisement ever made.

I'd gotten a sweet deal on the bike for racing (2 of them, actually. -1- was never even started!). Still. Nothing good about that Open-Bike POS chassis with a disolving motor.

Nothing.
I beg to differ about the mighty KTM-495!

82 High Desert 100 (my first WFO 6th gear pinned Desert Race) One of two who passed me -until I crashed w/blown shock - was a KTM-495 going way faster than whatever my PE-175 did 6th wfo... fucker!

I tried to keep up but did a major swap a couple miles later.

Post a reply to: Worst moto accessory you ever bought?

The Latest