Worst moto accessory you ever bought?

12/5/2011 2:18pm
Smith Violator goggles - So big they wouldn't fit in most helmets and the curve of the goggle was so flat and rigid, it would let in roost if there was another bike within 100 yards.
Wiley
12/5/2011 2:22pm
Dunlop's Crescent Mousse

The small innertube would always tear at the valve stem.
Ryno23
Fantasy
878th
12/5/2011 2:38pm
#1 not sure who made them but in the late 80's i had a pair off goggles with the automatic roll off system. It had an...
#1 not sure who made them but in the late 80's i had a pair off goggles with the automatic roll off system. It had an electric motor with a sensor that when you waved your hand in front of it the motor would advance the roll. junk! never worked right.

#2 those stupid levers that had the bend in them for only 2 fingers. brake and clutch, my fat fingers would not fit in them.
LOL. I still have one of those levers in the bottom of my tool box. I have it as a spare clutch lever in case a buddy breaks one on while in the hills. Funny thing is, I always get it back after the weekend too!

The Shop

gsxr6
12/5/2011 2:45pm
i never bought one, but ive rode over 5 or 6 of those carbon fiber four stroke slip ons. The little vent hoses with a anodized cap are a close second. bike would sputter at extended high revs finally knocked it off on accident one day and bike went to running right. asv clutch lever. love the brake and had it for 5 years now but the clutch lever had to go after 2 rides.
njracer46
12/5/2011 2:51pm
tbanks wrote:
Worst moto accessory for me had to be the stupid mini gas hose thing (The little 3-4 inch hose with the metal tip). I'm not sure...
Worst moto accessory for me had to be the stupid mini gas hose thing (The little 3-4 inch hose with the metal tip). I'm not sure why I ended up getting it. I think I went through 4 of those things in one weekend.

Other than that I used to run through clutch and front brake levers like candy. The plastic ones were the worst. I think I went through near 10-15 before finally switching to ASV's. Had those levers on my bike for close to 6 years now.
I wire tied mine on there. Held strong for years
gsxr6
12/5/2011 2:56pm
bel ray fork oil. turns to water in 10 hours
any type of spark plug thats "newfangled"
red line premix oil. says u can run 100 to 1, eats nikasil even at 50 to one
any 7/8ths bar. bend like butter and cause arm pump
rubber mounted bar clamps(variable steering any one?)
rad hubs (they break)
kenda tires (last forever but like riding on ice lol)
dunlop d739 front tire. put me on my face so many times.
nytsmaC
12/5/2011 3:09pm
nb11 wrote:
A lot people use them I guess, but my biggest waste was those little "grip doughnuts" that you slide on your grip to keep from getting...
A lot people use them I guess, but my biggest waste was those little "grip doughnuts" that you slide on your grip to keep from getting thumb blisters. The biggest reason it was a waste is because I rarely get blisters anyway lol. After the first ride, one of them blew off of the bike on the interstate (haul it in the back of my truck)
They work to prevent "Yamathumb." I've never needed them until my Husky with RC-Hi bend bars, and they do work.
nytsmaC
12/5/2011 3:17pm
Nuetech Tubliss. Got them installed on my WR300 when I picked it up new and the 110psi tube on the front wheel has never held air since then, it's got to be refilled every ride.

Matrix Concepts stands. Bought 2 of them earlier this year and every nut/bolt has come lose and fallen out on them. Loctite everything if you buy one of these things.

Shorty levers. Great idea to make your levers feel stiffer to pull.

Maier plastic. WTF?
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
12/5/2011 3:19pm
T Man 345 wrote:
I had these as a kid, worst things ever... :blush: [img]http://imagearchive.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0407/51-6000.jpg[/img]
I had these as a kid, worst things ever... Blush

haha - I loved mine! Great for enduros when you're struggling on a hill or mudhole or something and fogging your lenses up - once you got going again you could just grab the strap with one hand and put the goggles back on
scrubz
12/5/2011 3:34pm
I dont have any pics, my worst was a moto-ski from PC racing, tried it and did not work at all. I returned it ASAP!
Tumblin
12/5/2011 3:37pm
T Man 345 wrote:
I had these as a kid, worst things ever... :blush: [img]http://imagearchive.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/ec0407/51-6000.jpg[/img]

worst ever?

You should have used it on your goggles and not for your vaginaWoohoo
burnside
12/5/2011 3:46pm
Brake/clutch lever grip tape springs to mind, from the 90s.
okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1043rd
12/5/2011 3:49pm
For me it's got to be the OGIO bike stands. The ones you can push your bike onto then they roll over and lift the bike. tried them several times and could get it right every once in a while but when your already wore out from riding the last thing you want to do is fight with a stand.
gsxr6
12/5/2011 3:55pm
For me it's got to be the OGIO bike stands. The ones you can push your bike onto then they roll over and lift the bike...
For me it's got to be the OGIO bike stands. The ones you can push your bike onto then they roll over and lift the bike. tried them several times and could get it right every once in a while but when your already wore out from riding the last thing you want to do is fight with a stand.
can a avatar get u clicked? dude im scarred.
yam261
12/5/2011 3:58pm
yes, those actually did work and in a way you could tell. It didnt make your bike an arm jerker, but you very much could tell...
yes, those actually did work and in a way you could tell. It didnt make your bike an arm jerker, but you very much could tell a difference at low rpm's.

worst product, Roost Boost and Splitfire plugs. Someone will say bullshit on the splitfires!!!! to that I say this... if they revolutionized and made things better, why isnt everyone using them still today?! lol

Bike wise, 92 yz125. They where white and pink. Yamaha claimed they were white and magenta, but the mtor was designed for someone more effiminate and limp-wristed that talked with a lisp, and would intimidate easily, so Yamaha made them a white and pink bike that wouldnt scare them. Made about 12hp if you bounced it off the rev limiter and you had to because the bike wouldnt shift unless it cut the ignition! I think it had good brakes but cant be too sure because it didnt generate enough speed to actually require you to use the brakes under any circumstances! It did make you feel like a hero though in 1 sense - you could hold it wide open everywhere so if you were by yourself you would hit corners without braking and never letting off! As the whole world passed you while they actually were braking! Yes, it was that slow. You're holding it to the stops and someone passes you while braking!
Damn i forgot about the Splitfire sparkplugs. Useless in my 91 CR125. They would foul at the worst times. Once when i was going to the staging area and another time on the starting line. It wasn't long before i wen't back to NGK.
flarider
12/5/2011 3:58pm
GOKI u-do-it air fork kits
Scott Boots....Til the day I die, I will blame the Scott Boots for my knee injuries and subsequent bad knees....every waking morning, every cold day and every fucking time a bad storm is coming.....I guess the storm warning could be considered one redeeming value
lilbulld
12/5/2011 4:07pm
For me it's got to be the OGIO bike stands. The ones you can push your bike onto then they roll over and lift the bike...
The roll on feature isnt realistic but for an outright stand this is the best imo, great for changing oil and you can put it on the stand in 60 mph wind and not worry about it, thing is super stable...
mom241
12/5/2011 4:10pm
Hate to throw my friends at Scott under the bus, but those lenses with the hologram in them. I was told it was hard to see out of them. But they looked cool.
Ken202
Fantasy
1460th
12/5/2011 4:21pm
tblazier wrote:
Close #2 was the Answer Roost Boost. This $100 gimmick did absolutely nothing as far as I could tell. Total waste of money.
bvm111 wrote:
what about the old boost bottle....all that thing dud was fill up with spooge and leak everywhere!!!
No doubt the boost bottle was the biggest POS gimmik I ever bought.
Foo723
12/5/2011 4:24pm
Scott Boots, i actually kind of liked them, they didnt get heavy when wet, but the soles were stiff and i always had a hard time with my feet bouncing off the pegs. i also had pigeon legs and they would hurt the heck out of me, but the t shirt that came with it was cool

barum tire - my dad made me use it, always fun fighting the track, the other racers AND the barum tire.

the goodyear 2 ply tire - it was light, real light, pulled the holeshot at wasau fla track and sailed it of the first jump onto hard pack surface, pinched the tire and ended up crashing twice in the first lap.

weisco piston, 80 cc bike, 1977. im afraid weisco just didnt pay enough attention to the little bikes, that piston was too heavy and caused all kind of problems. cost me the spring series championship at a local track. took it out and shaved a ton of metal off of it, lightened it up a lot and it worked fine after that.
okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1043rd
12/5/2011 4:25pm
lilbulld wrote:
The roll on feature isnt realistic but for an outright stand this is the best imo, great for changing oil and you can put it on...
The roll on feature isnt realistic but for an outright stand this is the best imo, great for changing oil and you can put it on the stand in 60 mph wind and not worry about it, thing is super stable...
I still got them laying around. I guess I should try them for an oil change next itme. Thanks
MX558
12/5/2011 5:22pm
I have to say skate board grip tape on the sides of the bike, ate my pants like an effin saw. lol Even worse than that was this thing some jack ass sold me called Kinetic Energy Injector I think . It was a hose that ran from the air box to the intake boot. Leaked air like a siv. I think I seized the damn thing twice before going back to stock.
CRFracer117
Fantasy
3845th
12/5/2011 5:28pm
All of these reply's and I have yet to see any mention of the ICAT. Did it actually work or not????
jwag87
12/5/2011 5:43pm
filter skins. my pops thought it sounded like a good idea to use on my yz80 ten years ago, he was all excited about them he went out bought a whole crap load of em we tried it one time bike wouldnt even run with it on he was so pissed.
lilbulld
12/5/2011 5:45pm
lilbulld wrote:
The roll on feature isnt realistic but for an outright stand this is the best imo, great for changing oil and you can put it on...
I still got them laying around. I guess I should try them for an oil change next itme. Thanks
For sure, you're right though the roll on part just ain't happening but they work great if you just use it like a regular stand, super stable.. Great for washing bikes too, I like to leave mine on there in the shop because I don't have to worry about knocking it over really like the others I have.. My brother has their step up loading ramp and swears by it
Dropbear
12/5/2011 6:34pm
Heckel boots. Jim Pomeroy and Gaston Rahier wore them. Man they hurt.
MX45
12/5/2011 6:35pm
helmet skinz
Tim507
12/5/2011 6:35pm
MotoChews

Forgot about the ICAT............
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
12/5/2011 7:04pm
T Man 345 wrote:

Thats where I was going with this one. I am embarrassed that I ever bought them. The real goon came out in me at the shop that day back in 1994 I guess.

Post a reply to: Worst moto accessory you ever bought?

The Latest