Worst gear combo you have had (pics)

Rickyisms
11/14/2019 12:29pm
Dropbear wrote:
In my early days I was a yellow Jim Davis fan, fro shin guards to elbow guards. Later in life I wasn’t fussy and different brand...
In my early days I was a yellow Jim Davis fan, fro shin guards to elbow guards. Later in life I wasn’t fussy and different brand for every piece. 😒

That bottom picture is bad ass.
sende
Fantasy
4455th
11/14/2019 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2019 12:53pm

This is from 1994. Nothing wrong with the gear per se, but my mom had to sew a leather patch to my pants, cause I wore them through.
Also, notice the most insane scrub ever. Grinning
TeamGreen
11/14/2019 4:36pm
In the late 80s/early 90s I had some REALLY BAD “Wulf” pink gear from England.
11/14/2019 6:04pm
wpark89 wrote:
I've worn a lot of odd looking stuff...but it was normally coordinated for the particular era...except the first part of 1990!! I was in the middle...
I've worn a lot of odd looking stuff...but it was normally coordinated for the particular era...except the first part of 1990!!

I was in the middle of hand me down stuff and trying to mow enough lawns to get a whole pink and blue Yoko outfit together.
I was a weird kid and always loved seeing the GP pics in MXA...I thought M Robert stuff was pretty cool...they kind of seemed like the Euro version of JT in the 1980s. I got my first pair of boots in about '87 and I found an ad for some Liquidators mail order company in the back of MXA that had M Robert boots for 49 or 59 bucks. I got a pair of Georges Jobe replica boots...the "Jobe boot from what I remember was actually really well built...it was ahead of its time with buckles and had a lot of plastic around the ankle and on the inside but it seemed soft and flexible.

I bought the Malcolm Smith Kawasaki pants from a 4th grade riding buddy. These were the top of the line ones and they were super stretchy and comfortable. I had been mowing lawns and as soon as the HRP clear protector came out I had to have it! I blew a couple months work on the piece of crap...it had sharp edges and shattered...the foam fell out...but it looked so cool when it was new. I can still remember the ads in the magazines. The Vohlands were wearing these along with Yoko gear and I bought a kidney belt and jersey. The pink Fox pawtectors were a Christmas present from my mom. I wore a hand me down Bell Moto 3 from my Uncle. He raced with it back in '81 or '82 then quit for awhile....so it was 8 years old but it was in pretty good shape. The Oakley goggles my Dad and I shared on raceday...we had 1 pair of Oakleys and some pink Scott 89's with Roll Offs.

I love Moto gear and all it's history...

Just for comparison..here is a picture of me 25 years later in about the corner on the same track. My passion for Euro gear never went away....and I was lucky enough to make connections and spend time working for UFO in Italy in the early 2000's and have been able to wear it since 2000.

Damn, is the Richland in the 80s and recent Richland? That's awesome though I always thought UFO made some of the coolest gear!
wpark89 wrote:
Yep...that's Horn.
Nice work with the leaning 3

The Shop

Post a reply to: Worst gear combo you have had (pics)

The Latest