Worst Customer Service in Moto Industry

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 10:18 AM

Actually, I'm not sure I can say its the worst considering there has been a complete lack of customer service.

Myself and another Vital member made a combined order/transaction to MotoTape the week before Christmas. On December 23 we received a confirmation email stating a follow up email with shipping confirmation would be sent prior to shipment of the products. After multiple emails to the company (or Mike -- the name in the email on MotoTape's website) and even reaching out on social media, it is now January 20 with zero response or a shipping confirmation email. We aren't out a significant amount of money by any means, but regardless its the principle -- I find this to be some of the worst service in the moto industry. I would warn any other person that is thinking of ordering from this company to steer clear! Hell they don't even provide a phone number on their website or any of their social media pages for customers to contact.

If any Vital member has contact information for this company, please send it my way.

|

1/20/2018 10:29 AM

I believe there was another post not too long ago of someone else having the same issue... bummer to hear man

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/7/2019 4:53 PM

JBrockman856 wrote:

Actually, I'm not sure I can say its the worst considering there has been a complete lack of customer service.

Myself and another Vital member made a combined order/transaction to MotoTape the week before Christmas. On December 23 we received a confirmation email stating a follow up email with shipping confirmation would be sent prior to shipment of the products. After multiple emails to the company (or Mike -- the name in the email on MotoTape's website) and even reaching out on social media, it is now January 20 with zero response or a shipping confirmation email. We aren't out a significant amount of money by any means, but regardless its the principle -- I find this to be some of the worst service in the moto industry. I would warn any other person that is thinking of ordering from this company to steer clear! Hell they don't even provide a phone number on their website or any of their social media pages for customers to contact.

If any Vital member has contact information for this company, please send it my way.

Was this issue ever resolved? Was thinking about ordering a set but not if they still have issues.

|

5/8/2019 5:03 AM

Is it a Northern CA company do you know? I ordered some grip tape from a Nor Cal guy and I am not sure if it is the same person or place so I don;t want to throw the guy under the bus..... The communication was horrible and then the stuff sucked and when I reached out I never heard a word back.

|

5/8/2019 5:10 AM

I’ve also had a rather poor experience with this company. I’ve come to the conclusion that they have no idea how to run a business.

|

5/8/2019 5:20 AM

The guy cant be that busy, I play MEC2 online with him all the time

|

5/8/2019 6:19 AM

Just slap some Jessup on there bro.

|

5/8/2019 6:31 AM

JBrockman856 wrote:

Actually, I'm not sure I can say its the worst considering there has been a complete lack of customer service.

Myself and another Vital member made a combined order/transaction to MotoTape the week before Christmas. On December 23 we received a confirmation email stating a follow up email with shipping confirmation would be sent prior to shipment of the products. After multiple emails to the company (or Mike -- the name in the email on MotoTape's website) and even reaching out on social media, it is now January 20 with zero response or a shipping confirmation email. We aren't out a significant amount of money by any means, but regardless its the principle -- I find this to be some of the worst service in the moto industry. I would warn any other person that is thinking of ordering from this company to steer clear! Hell they don't even provide a phone number on their website or any of their social media pages for customers to contact.

If any Vital member has contact information for this company, please send it my way.

redrider_714 wrote:

Was this issue ever resolved? Was thinking about ordering a set but not if they still have issues.

Don't do it.

|

5/8/2019 6:34 AM

They were too busy running a supercross team, most of their posts revolve around driving AC330's rig all over and apologizing to customers to not getting their product out. Seems odd to focus on a venture that costs money as opposed to the business they started to make money. I too have had an extreme lack of customer service from this company, I've considered my money lost and gave up.

|

5/8/2019 7:24 AM

Why buy something that's going to rip off after 1 ride??

|

5/8/2019 8:03 AM

526 wrote:

Is it a Northern CA company do you know? I ordered some grip tape from a Nor Cal guy and I am not sure if it is the same person or place so I don;t want to throw the guy under the bus..... The communication was horrible and then the stuff sucked and when I reached out I never heard a word back.

I think I might know what MX grip tape company you’re talking about. ?

|

5/8/2019 8:12 AM

I don't know but the Google says Moto Tape/owner is from Philadelphia, Pa.

|

5/8/2019 8:54 AM

look at their IG guys, MotoTape is just out at the races supporting the homies! pinch

|

5/8/2019 12:02 PM

I had the exact same experience. It has been over 2 months now since I ordered. I just called my credit card company to dispute the charge and get a refund. Thanks for reminding me about this.

|

5/8/2019 4:03 PM

Trik Tape - Inexpensive works well & if it doesn't get shipped let me know and I'll go by there-

Trik Tape

|

5/8/2019 4:30 PM

i always bought deck grip tape and cut it out and stuck it on myself

lame that they are at the races rather than producing the product that gets them to the races

|

5/8/2019 4:30 PM

Buy a large sheet of skate board tape - choices of different coarseness to pick from and even colors / designs - scissor a piece out near your desired size - apply to frame - heat gun - tape will mold and seal to the frame - cut off excess.
Then once it’s worn - remove and trace out for a template so all you have to do is lay and trace the template on the new grip sheet and shaaabam.
I’m all for supporting small business and have bought from mototape before - but had the same issues.
Hope he gets it straightened out because he’s got the customers but not the service.

|

5/8/2019 5:09 PM

peelout wrote:

i always bought deck grip tape and cut it out and stuck it on myself

lame that they are at the races rather than producing the product that gets them to the races

I did too. Then I found the actual rubber stuff Nihilo used and used that. Then JJW (local) started making them for $10 a set and the stuff is 4 times the thickness of any of it.

The thin clear grip is badass for going over graphics too.

Yes, slightly vested interest as I've known the guy a long time & my kid now works for him but it is good shit and not worth making your own for that price..........Evidently needs to advertise better as these Moto Tape threads pop up quite often it seems......

|

5/8/2019 5:17 PM

https://jjwdesigns.com is what everyone wants. Best and price is right.

|

James

5/8/2019 5:34 PM

I got smoked by the same company. Ordered on black friday. Never got updates. Sent an email, got a lame reply then they went silent.

|

5/8/2019 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2019 7:11 PM

The mototape guy is a fucking asshole. I could make a long drawn out post but I won’t. I just hope he reads this thread and knows that a lot of people think he’s an asshole and people in this community know not to buy from him.

|

5/8/2019 6:12 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

The mototape guy is a fucking asshole. I could make a long drawn out post but I won’t. I just hope he reads this thread and knows that a lot of people think he’s an asshole and people in this community know not to buy from him.

+1

|

2020 Make Leftists Cry Again

5/11/2019 3:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2019 4:00 PM

GPR245 wrote:

They were too busy running a supercross team, most of their posts revolve around driving AC330's rig all over and apologizing to customers to not getting their product out. Seems odd to focus on a venture that costs money as opposed to the business they started to make money. I too have had an extreme lack of customer service from this company, I've considered my money lost and gave up.

Yep, at one point they wouldn’t even let you place an order online. They had some message on their home page about being too busy with supercross too fulfill any orders until after the season.

...isn’t that the reason why a company sponsors a rider in the first place? To get their name out there and (in theory) increase sales?

|

9/2/2019 4:45 PM

So, received my order a couple of weeks ago (basically 9 months after the order). But, give credit where credit is due. Glad they followed through. Plus, they basically doubled my order.

|

9/2/2019 5:36 PM

I ordered from RMATV Monday and had my order Tuesday. 9 months would have made me a crazy person. Regardless, glad you got your order.

|

9/3/2019 10:26 AM

Not to discount another person's business, but given the negative experiences in this thread, I'll offer a solution:

3M Gray Anti-Slip Tape. It's rubber grip tape that holds up 10x better than skate grip or glorified skate grip (mototape). You can usually pick it up at your local ACE hardware, and it's a quarter the price of the aforementioned alternatives. Stick it where you want, and cut it to your liking.

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

9/3/2019 10:30 AM

austin_bo wrote:

Not to discount another person's business, but given the negative experiences in this thread, I'll offer a solution:

3M Gray Anti-Slip Tape. It's rubber grip tape that holds up 10x better than skate grip or glorified skate grip (mototape). You can usually pick it up at your local ACE hardware, and it's a quarter the price of the aforementioned alternatives. Stick it where you want, and cut it to your liking.

$1.85 a foot!

|

9/3/2019 2:12 PM

I see that motoTape kid on Xbox from time to time. I’ll pass the message 😂his gamer tag is motoTape hard to miss it

|

9/3/2019 3:36 PM

austin_bo wrote:

Not to discount another person's business, but given the negative experiences in this thread, I'll offer a solution:

3M Gray Anti-Slip Tape. It's rubber grip tape that holds up 10x better than skate grip or glorified skate grip (mototape). You can usually pick it up at your local ACE hardware, and it's a quarter the price of the aforementioned alternatives. Stick it where you want, and cut it to your liking.

Yeah this. I tried the 'Moto specific' frame grip tape and also skateboard grip tape, both shredded extremely quickly (fyi I wear Tech 10's). Now I use a huge roll of self-adhesive 'grip' tape sold at Lowe's (used for stairs) and it lasts way longer. Take about 5 minutes with a pair of scissors to cut, shape, and apply.

I also lined the top of each of my truck's bed frame, so when walking around loading bikes I have grip and don't scratch the paint.

Super cheap and works way better.

|