World SX question

hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
8/4/2022 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2022 2:28pm
Does anyone know how this WSX thing is supposed to work? They are putting lots of emphasis on the "team" aspect of it. Is it where 1 rider will be crowned champ, or will it be more of a team championship? Perhaps it will be like the tour de France where each team picks it's "A rider" and the rest of the team runs around in protection mode. Anyone got an idea? I can't find anything.
|
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/4/2022 2:39pm
I think there's a limited number of charters that are being sold to the teams, that's why they are announcing teams without riders.
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
8/4/2022 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2022 4:28pm
early wrote:
I think there's a limited number of charters that are being sold to the teams, that's why they are announcing teams without riders.
Yes, I've heard 10 teams with 4 riders each. Also heard that the teams MUST field 4 riders at every round or they face some sort of punishment (fines, etc) and therefore teams are likely to have a fill in rider in the waiting. This series is clouded in such secrecy.

Personally, I think it would be rad if it was a team championship. Best combined score of the 4 riders. They would be well served to do some sort of salary cap too. Sign someone like Roczen, and you've used up most of your cap space and the other 3 riders are lesser tier. ORRR do you sign 4 riders that are normally a 8-12 place type rider? It really does open up some serious strategy and thought rather than just opening up the wallet like most teams do now. Would a team like Deano, Anstie, Mcelrath, and Bogle beat a team of Roczen, Breece, ARay, and Chiz? Food for thought.
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/4/2022 4:31pm
The rider requirement is just to keep the gates full. I don't see a team championship working in moto for anything besides the mxdn, wsx will have enough challenge to keep everyone within 3 laps at the finish.
scootch
8/4/2022 4:31pm
hartebreak wrote:
Does anyone know how this WSX thing is supposed to work? They are putting lots of emphasis on the "team" aspect of it. Is it where...
Does anyone know how this WSX thing is supposed to work? They are putting lots of emphasis on the "team" aspect of it. Is it where 1 rider will be crowned champ, or will it be more of a team championship? Perhaps it will be like the tour de France where each team picks it's "A rider" and the rest of the team runs around in protection mode. Anyone got an idea? I can't find anything.
Think F1…

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
36th
8/4/2022 5:00pm
early wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
Yes, I've heard 10 teams with 4 riders each. Also heard that the teams MUST field 4 riders at every round or they face some sort...
Yes, I've heard 10 teams with 4 riders each. Also heard that the teams MUST field 4 riders at every round or they face some sort of punishment (fines, etc) and therefore teams are likely to have a fill in rider in the waiting. This series is clouded in such secrecy.

Personally, I think it would be rad if it was a team championship. Best combined score of the 4 riders. They would be well served to do some sort of salary cap too. Sign someone like Roczen, and you've used up most of your cap space and the other 3 riders are lesser tier. ORRR do you sign 4 riders that are normally a 8-12 place type rider? It really does open up some serious strategy and thought rather than just opening up the wallet like most teams do now. Would a team like Deano, Anstie, Mcelrath, and Bogle beat a team of Roczen, Breece, ARay, and Chiz? Food for thought.
There's a rider championship and a team championship in this series.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/4/2022 5:31pm
early wrote:
hartebreak wrote:
Yes, I've heard 10 teams with 4 riders each. Also heard that the teams MUST field 4 riders at every round or they face some sort...

ML512 wrote:
There's a rider championship and a team championship in this series.
There's a manufacturer championship as well.
DonM
8/4/2022 6:16pm
You get a Championship and you get a championship everybody gets a championship!

It's a joke everyone take it easy.
bichwolf
8/4/2022 7:17pm
If you identify as a championship winner, you will be a championship winner.

Post a reply to: World SX question

The Latest