RIP Alex Harvill

Ryan625
6/17/2021 4:56pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Hey guys please keep everything surrounding this as respectful as possible. I knew Alex for most of my life and he was an amazing person. Absolutely...
Hey guys please keep everything surrounding this as respectful as possible. I knew Alex for most of my life and he was an amazing person. Absolutely insane on a bike, a kind human, and a loving father and husband.

This was a warmup jump and from what Iโ€™ve been told his bike wasnโ€™t running right. I donโ€™t know more than that, but he passed away from the injuries sustained and we are all heartbroken. Iโ€™m not going to reach out to the family out of respect.

Please donโ€™t question ramps, setup, or any of that. He was always on sound equipment and had good support. I donโ€™t know what exactly went wrong today, but it is truly tragic and i hope the moto community mourns him respectfully.

Alex had a rocky career at times but moto was his passion, he came from very humble beginnings and accomplished a lot with the little he was given. May he Rest In Peace. He leaves behind a father, wife, and two young children ๐Ÿ˜”
PNWRider wrote:
Wasnโ€™t Alex the one who did the dirt to dirt distance jump at Horn Rapids back in โ€˜12 or โ€˜13?
Yeah, part of the landing is still there
Sully
6/17/2021 4:57pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Hey guys please keep everything surrounding this as respectful as possible. I knew Alex for most of my life and he was an amazing person. Absolutely...
Hey guys please keep everything surrounding this as respectful as possible. I knew Alex for most of my life and he was an amazing person. Absolutely insane on a bike, a kind human, and a loving father and husband.

This was a warmup jump and from what Iโ€™ve been told his bike wasnโ€™t running right. I donโ€™t know more than that, but he passed away from the injuries sustained and we are all heartbroken. Iโ€™m not going to reach out to the family out of respect.

Please donโ€™t question ramps, setup, or any of that. He was always on sound equipment and had good support. I donโ€™t know what exactly went wrong today, but it is truly tragic and i hope the moto community mourns him respectfully.

Alex had a rocky career at times but moto was his passion, he came from very humble beginnings and accomplished a lot with the little he was given. May he Rest In Peace. He leaves behind a father, wife, and two young children ๐Ÿ˜”
My condolences on the loss of your friend, Ryan. You and his family are in my thoughts.

I'd like to second (or maybe third) removing the video from the OP.
PNWRider
6/17/2021 5:30pm
Ryan625 wrote:

PNWRider wrote:
Wasnโ€™t Alex the one who did the dirt to dirt distance jump at Horn Rapids back in โ€˜12 or โ€˜13?
Ryan625 wrote:
Yeah, part of the landing is still there
Thought so. Iโ€™m very sorry for your loss and that of the family.

Met him just prior to that jump while we were out there riding. Super nice guy.

RIP.
Ryan625
6/17/2021 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2021 5:41pm
Heโ€™s a PNW legend in my book.

Hereโ€™s a shot of his 425 Ramp to dirt at Toes MXP before it closed. When I asked him about it, I believe he said he was going 101 mph when he left the ramp that day

The Shop

LungButter
6/17/2021 5:46pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Heโ€™s a PNW legend in my book. Hereโ€™s a shot of his 425 Ramp to dirt at Toes MXP before it closed. When I asked him...

Hereโ€™s a shot of his 425 Ramp to dirt at Toes MXP before it closed. When I asked him about it, I believe he said he was going 101 mph when he left the ramp that day

Legend for sure.

Probably didn't get the props he deserved for some of his jumps because he kinda went right from being a racer to doing massive distance jumps without really any warning. If I remember right, didn't he just start messing around on Capes' ramp one day at Toes and kinda figure out he had knack for going HUGE. ?? Just a teenager back then right?

RIP Alex, a damn good dude according to anyone who met him, I never had the pleasure.

I hope his wife and kids are able to find peace.
SilverSpurs
6/17/2021 5:51pm
mxcrzy wrote:
Brutal records to try and break, still remeber when tyrone gilks died in australia going after similar
Ty's crew chief flagged him because his radar gun showed he was too slow at 75 instead of 79 mph.
Both horrible tragedies.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
6/17/2021 6:24pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Heโ€™s a PNW legend in my book. Hereโ€™s a shot of his 425 Ramp to dirt at Toes MXP before it closed. When I asked him...

With a casual glance over as well. The video I posted back on page 1 showed me enough to know that this guy very much knew what he was doing and this wasnโ€™t some nobody trying to make a name for himself. Something went horribly wrong today.
My condolences to the family.

6/17/2021 7:06pm
Absolutely horrible for the family. RIP
Man, distance jumping is so gnarly.
FIREfish148
6/17/2021 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2021 7:20pm
"His helmet flew off"....wow. Wonder if this will change the design of the landings for these attempts moving forward. Couldn't the landing be extended much closer...
"His helmet flew off"....wow.

Wonder if this will change the design of the landings for these attempts moving forward. Couldn't the landing be extended much closer to the jump to prevent this? Or does there have to be a certain amount of gap between ramp and beginning of landing pad?
The landing ramp on the og set up at toes was about 35fr tall with a 50-60 yard run out.

Sad to hear. RIP
Ryan625
6/17/2021 7:34pm
Hey everyone, a gofundme account was created to help the family with everything. Alex was the sole income for the family and his wife is facing a hard road ahead with two very young children.

I donโ€™t know if this is allowed, please help steer me correctly if needed. Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/harvill-family-support-fund?utm_source=facebโ€ฆ
Sparkey
6/17/2021 7:51pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Hey everyone, a gofundme account was created to help the family with everything. Alex was the sole income for the family and his wife is facing...
Hey everyone, a gofundme account was created to help the family with everything. Alex was the sole income for the family and his wife is facing a hard road ahead with two very young children.

I donโ€™t know if this is allowed, please help steer me correctly if needed. Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/harvill-family-support-fund?utm_source=facebโ€ฆ
This should be a separate stickie post and not buried on page 3 at the bottom.
Ryan625
6/17/2021 9:22pm
Ryan625 wrote:

PNWRider wrote:
Found a picture of said jump at HRMC

kawasa84
6/18/2021 1:01am
Condolences to Alex, and his family. Rest in Peace.
B Lenny
6/18/2021 8:07am
RIP Young Man...Sad
6/18/2021 9:56am
I don't see how he could get high enough to make the landing ramp at anything less than ballz out WFO
RIP young man, you will be missed
JWACK
6/18/2021 10:42am
๐Ÿ™
As a father of two I hate to hear about these things.

RIP Alex.
zippytech
6/18/2021 12:08pm
I am no expert but how does this happen? The ramp looked like it was no where near steep enough?
theToothPerry
6/18/2021 12:15pm
zippytech wrote:
I am no expert but how does this happen? The ramp looked like it was no where near steep enough?
Those distance ramps never really are steep. But it looks and sounds like a bike failure/ loss of power from what i can see and hear.
zippytech
6/18/2021 12:20pm
zippytech wrote:
Those distance ramps never really are steep. But it looks and sounds like a bike failure/ loss of power from what i can see and hear.
Was that jump 150 feet that he crashed?
Timo
6/18/2021 12:22pm
I don't know if this is allowed and I realize it wouldn't look as impressive but this would have been the difference between life and death...
I don't know if this is allowed and I realize it wouldn't look as impressive but this would have been the difference between life and death today. He still probably would've pogo'd off the top and taken a nasty digger but would have had a much better chance of surviving. I understand there's a budget they are working within too but if I'm trying one of these world record jumps in the future I would hope to sculpt the landing more like this to eliminate chance of coming up short:

nskerb wrote:
It should be like that but I think it honestly just boils down to time and money. What it takes to bring a landing that big...
It should be like that but I think it honestly just boils down to time and money. What it takes to bring a landing that big another foot closer looks to be like hundreds of cubic yards of material. It really adds up.
I hear you, yeah it would require a ton more dirt and money. I'm guessing these stunt guys possibly wouldn't consider it ballsy enough either to...
I hear you, yeah it would require a ton more dirt and money. I'm guessing these stunt guys possibly wouldn't consider it ballsy enough either to have a safer landing like that anyway.
I haven't read the whole thread, but doesn't nitro circus use airbags on the faces of landings for this reason?
Dizzy714
Fantasy
3642nd
6/18/2021 12:59pm
Iโ€™m not watching the video again, I watched when it was said that he was in the hospital with injuries. But was it possible for him to eject over the bars and clear the top of the landing?
ridge
6/18/2021 1:08pm
Dizzy714 wrote:
Iโ€™m not watching the video again, I watched when it was said that he was in the hospital with injuries. But was it possible for him...
Iโ€™m not watching the video again, I watched when it was said that he was in the hospital with injuries. But was it possible for him to eject over the bars and clear the top of the landing?
You would have to watch it again to see that wasn't an option. He had time to think...I'm sure he did the best he could, the guy was one of the very best.
resetjet
6/18/2021 2:37pm
How about an air bag on the landing face. If you see your not gonna make it, drive it in best you can.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
6/18/2021 3:21pm
Brutal video... Sad

Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2740th
6/18/2021 7:15pm
Died doing what he loved...R I P bruh
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
6/18/2021 7:25pm
Rest in peace
Trav138
6/18/2021 9:07pm
RIP so sad for the family to go through that,
The ugly side of riding, many of us have struggled with putting loved ones through hell basically, and its plenty horrible enough when you crash with life changing injuries on all levels. This is on another level with Alex passing. Hope his family gets plenty of support and love
kage173
6/19/2021 6:06am
RIP bro. Respect for sending it. You knew what the stakes were.
Bigjimmyd
6/19/2021 8:50am
The video was hard to watch. RIP Alex. Prayers go out to his family, Wife, and his young kids. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปโค๏ธ
6/19/2021 1:34pm
Poor guy & family it sounded like a bike failure not his fault, sad

Post a reply to: RIP Alex Harvill

The Latest