Oh crap. Is he alive?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/17/2021 11:55 AM

Not good. Hoping the best for Alex.

|

6/17/2021 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 12:00 PM

What record are they going for? Ramp to dirt does not look that far compared to others I've seen and the ramp itself does not look very steep!

Is the person ok? I assume not.

|

6/17/2021 11:57 AM

Damn... hoping for the best

|

6/17/2021 12:07 PM

Holy crap, I feel like the math and physics involved in setting all of that up needed another quality control review. Hope the guy will be ok...

|

6/17/2021 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 12:11 PM

Looks like the takeoff ramp is way lower than the landing ramp, and he didn't get much lift.
This says he's in the hospital: https://www.khq.com/top_story/daredevil-alex-harvill-crashes-during-world-record-attempt-in-moses-lake/article_f87ce358-cf96-11eb-88c4-670c15fc9784.html

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

6/17/2021 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 12:14 PM

Beeby wrote:

What record are they going for? Ramp to dirt does not look that far compared to others I've seen and the ramp itself does not ...more

In the hospital with serious injuries. Was going to attempt to break the record held by Robbie Madison for ramp to dirt (351 ft.)

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/17/2021 12:11 PM

Holy shit

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

6/17/2021 12:15 PM

NorCal1975 wrote:

Holy crap, I feel like the math and physics involved in setting all of that up needed another quality control review. Hope the ...more

It seems like something must have went massively wrong for sure.

|

6/17/2021 12:15 PM

Hope his recovery is 100%. That didn't look good

|

6/17/2021 12:22 PM

LungButter wrote:

Maybe headwind? Read he did some practice jumps before that happened.

|

6/17/2021 12:23 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Kinda what I wondered.

|

6/17/2021 12:32 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

In the hospital with serious injuries. Was going to attempt to break the record held by Robbie Madison for ramp to dirt (351 ...more

I don’t follow all this world record jump stuff, but his YouTube has this from 2012 where he supposedly went 425ft ramp to dirt.

|

6/17/2021 12:34 PM

Poor guy! thoughts and prayers sent.
Perhaps the numbers should have been ran a second time? what was that stuff we learned in school? reading...writing and ...... what was it!? Oh yeah, arithmetic. : )

|

6/17/2021 12:45 PM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

I don’t follow all this world record jump stuff, but his YouTube has this from 2012 where he supposedly went 425ft ramp to ...more

I don't really follow it at all either but I wonder if this jump had a dirt run up to it?

Seems like back when all these crazy distance jumps were happening at Toes that folks were talking about how the run up was paved so it was a different "record"

I could be wrong....

|

6/17/2021 12:48 PM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

I don’t follow all this world record jump stuff, but his YouTube has this from 2012 where he supposedly went 425ft ramp to ...more

I believe in order for a record to be official, a representative for Guinness World Records needs to be present on site.

I'm not sure how it all works because the following was back in 2008 from a guy that goes by the name of Bird.

|

6/17/2021 12:48 PM

NorCal1975 wrote:

Holy crap, I feel like the math and physics involved in setting all of that up needed another quality control review. Hope the ...more

LungButter wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

In the YouTube comments someone said he lost power on the take off ramp, that was a nasty hit.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

6/17/2021 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 6:22 PM

NorCal1975 wrote:

Maybe it's just the camera view, but seems like the landing ramp wouldn't need to be that tall....that extra dirt on top could've been used to lengthen the landing area for over jump chance (not that that was happening....)

Edit: wrote this this morning before hearing of his passing. No disrespect meant by my post, RIP and condolences to his friends and family

|

6/17/2021 1:13 PM

NorCal1975 wrote:

LungButter wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Moses Lake can be VERY windy, I wouldn’t be surprised if you are right. It’s so often windy down there that you almost get immune to it and forget about it until you spend a little time in a more ‘calm’ area.

Hopefully he is okay.

|

6/17/2021 1:22 PM

Moto Nomad wrote:

Looks like the takeoff ramp is way lower than the landing ramp, and he didn't get much lift.
This says he's in the hospital: ...more

If he really is at the hospital in Moses Lake, he’s probably in decent shape or too injured for transport. Serious trauma is usually airlifted to Wenatchee or to Harborview in Seattle.

|

6/17/2021 1:41 PM

Moto Nomad wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

If he really is at the hospital in Moses Lake, he’s probably in decent shape or too injured for transport. Serious trauma is ...more

Photo
|

6/17/2021 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 1:44 PM

I heard he crashed on the warm up jump? Very strange DAM -
Just saw the above post RIP

|

If you love it lube it

6/17/2021 1:43 PM

Moto Nomad wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

If he really is at the hospital in Moses Lake, he’s probably in decent shape or too injured for transport. Serious trauma is ...more

shiftmx_22 wrote: Photo

Damn........

Sucks bad for his family and loved ones.

My brother knows his dad (both live in Ephrata) and said his folks are really great people. Feel for them right now.

|

6/17/2021 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 1:50 PM

LungButter wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

In the YouTube comments someone said he lost power on the take off ramp, that was a nasty hit.

You can hear the rev limiter in the air. He knew he was f**ked when he left the ramp.

This sport is so brutal, all the jumps are OK until they aren't. More people hurt with missed shifts or power failure than rider error IMO.

In the comments someone thinks he has passed. Prayers for him and his family.

|

6/17/2021 1:46 PM

Wow...sad. RIP Alex.

|

6/17/2021 1:52 PM

Damnit.

|

6/17/2021 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/17/2021 1:55 PM

From Yahoo

Harvill was making his first practice jump and got what appeared to be a good takeoff when he landed short of the downward slope on the landing ramp. The bike stopped moving, but Harvill didn't. His helmet flew off, and he flew over the handlebars, twisting at least once before hitting the ground at least 20 feet away.

Really sad. His wife, their 5 year old son and newborn were in attendance.

He was 28 years old.
|

6/17/2021 1:58 PM

"His helmet flew off"....wow.

Wonder if this will change the design of the landings for these attempts moving forward. Couldn't the landing be extended much closer to the jump to prevent this? Or does there have to be a certain amount of gap between ramp and beginning of landing pad?

|

6/17/2021 2:06 PM

Prayers for his family, thats horrible.

|