World SX tentative schedule

davis224
Fantasy
165th
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 10:50pm
Surprised I haven't seen this posted on here yet.

|
Hollywood009
Fantasy
1232nd
5/10/2022 8:18am
The schedule does not make a lot of sense, assuming they are using soccer/football stadiums as venues because those sports get going in August. If I were organizing a new series like this, then I would try to piggy back off another international series like MotoGP, that way the industry, sponsors and fans would already be in town in a lot of these countries.
gt80rider
5/10/2022 8:32am
SX 2022 Finally showed what it was like with a deep field... world sx will only water down the talent pool...

sigh...... but maybe they'll do it right.... this literal circus show we have here in the states is laughable...the riders are treated like dirt, get paid diddly doo, while a small handful of fat cats that never make the races pocket all the cash.... but they seem cool putting their lives and spines on the line to help make somebody else uber rich... so there's that....
jeffro503
5/10/2022 9:01am
I don't see this adding up very well.

Who are the factory guys willing to travel that much , and what are some of these tracks even going to look like? On top of the enormous travel cost , shipping bikes , support team , ect.....

Seems like a logistic nightmare.

The Shop

cwel11
5/10/2022 9:08am
Weird. I thought summer was for the real racing? Eff Motocross huh? No thanks
davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/10/2022 9:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't see this adding up very well. Who are the factory guys willing to travel that much , and what are some of these tracks...

Who are the factory guys willing to travel that much , and what are some of these tracks even going to look like? On top of the enormous travel cost , shipping bikes , support team , ect.....

I believe the series is helping out a ton with costs right off the bat. I guess we'll find out soon enough, though I imagine this year will be a bit of a fire drill.
LungButter
5/10/2022 10:20am
gt80rider wrote:
SX 2022 Finally showed what it was like with a deep field... world sx will only water down the talent pool... sigh...... but maybe they'll do...
SX 2022 Finally showed what it was like with a deep field... world sx will only water down the talent pool...

sigh...... but maybe they'll do it right.... this literal circus show we have here in the states is laughable...the riders are treated like dirt, get paid diddly doo, while a small handful of fat cats that never make the races pocket all the cash.... but they seem cool putting their lives and spines on the line to help make somebody else uber rich... so there's that....
It must suck to be you.
5/10/2022 10:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't see this adding up very well. Who are the factory guys willing to travel that much , and what are some of these tracks...

I don’t like to be a negative Nancy about something new but this for sure. That’s a lot of $$$$$
lestat
5/10/2022 10:28am
23 schedule is pretty good for a global series . NA , Europe , central/south america , Asia . Looks good to me .
swe292
5/10/2022 10:38am
They have to absolutely shit as much money as possible for this to work and even then I think it will probably fail.
KONG
5/10/2022 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 4:08pm
From what I hear, they're asking for boatloads of cash to their local partners, and for an unknown riders field...
Huh
Sawfish
5/10/2022 4:58pm
How does the FIM think they can launch a global supercross when we are barely keeping arenacross afloat in the states? I hope they let whoever race and fill the gates. I want to see Alessi race a bunch of scooters in Indonesia.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/10/2022 5:22pm
Sawfish wrote:
How does the FIM think they can launch a global supercross when we are barely keeping arenacross afloat in the states? I hope they let whoever...
How does the FIM think they can launch a global supercross when we are barely keeping arenacross afloat in the states? I hope they let whoever race and fill the gates. I want to see Alessi race a bunch of scooters in Indonesia.
Fim are not running this, they are just the sanctioning body , Adam baileys company is the promoter , just like the ama does not run sx in the USA. Feld Does
USA
Fantasy
428th
5/10/2022 5:24pm
4 months away and we still have a 'tentative schedule' written in WordPad.

This year is going to be a scramble for the other World Supercross series. Or are they the Supercross World championship? I forget.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/10/2022 5:25pm
KONG wrote:
From what I hear, they're asking for boatloads of cash to their local partners, and for an unknown riders field...
Huh
This has been the way Aussie and Nz sx opens ran too , , where the local Tourism promotion board footing a huge part of the bill , the rumour was auckand events paid in 200k
Sawfish
5/10/2022 5:32pm
scott_nz wrote:
Fim are not running this, they are just the sanctioning body , Adam baileys company is the promoter , just like the ama does not run...
Fim are not running this, they are just the sanctioning body , Adam baileys company is the promoter , just like the ama does not run sx in the USA. Feld Does
These new FIM affiliated series (this and the e bike endurocross skatepark race) are obviously a grab at being the premier supercross after the AMA/feld decided they don’t need the FIM. Which was likely a result of their dumbass WADA procedures and many racers getting screwed.

It’s really clear that the FIM are butt hurt.
5/10/2022 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 5:52pm
Looks interesting, the podcast with these guys on Gypsy was really good to learn the direction they are going with the series, their business model in theory pretty good.

I think they'll struggle to sign some big names in the first 2 years but I believe eventually it will become a success.
5/10/2022 8:31pm
2023 season seams ambitious and conflicts with MXGP schedule, so I'm not seeing those guys jumping series. Might be an option for the some U.S. riders if the money works out for the guys that do the Australian or some of the 1-off European races, but I don't see the factory teams taking on the logistical burden and costs of running the series instead of the AMA Nationals... Rutledge may ask me "but what if you're wrong?"

I'll watch. Heck, I watched a a moto of the India Supercross Championship. but I couldn't watch any more
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/India-Supercross-Champio…
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/10/2022 8:47pm
I might try to make it to French in early August
Jesse318pnw
5/10/2022 8:58pm
HuskyEd wrote:
2023 Round 1 LA Coliseum
They might want to check the Summercross crowd with MC and Ferry on a Matthes tuned YZ before booking that venue……
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/10/2022 9:17pm
Sawfish wrote:
These new FIM affiliated series (this and the e bike endurocross skatepark race) are obviously a grab at being the premier supercross after the AMA/feld decided...
These new FIM affiliated series (this and the e bike endurocross skatepark race) are obviously a grab at being the premier supercross after the AMA/feld decided they don’t need the FIM. Which was likely a result of their dumbass WADA procedures and many racers getting screwed.

It’s really clear that the FIM are butt hurt.
Fim would have lost revenue when feld left , they would have gone looking to replace it , like any organisation would

And the electric bike world is a new world where I guess a few will be trying to get into
5/10/2022 11:57pm
So, any rider looking to do a Supercross-only schedule is starting A1 the first week of January and then racing Supercross non-stop around the world until mid-November? That's a year-round season and it's not going to work.

These organizers are going to have to persuade the top riders in the world to leave Feld, MX Sports and MXGP because NOBODY is going to race all-year every-year. Now I don't like the idea of this new series anymore. They're going to have to destroy professional motocross in order for their series to succeed.
Rupert X
5/11/2022 3:38am
I’m in for September in Montreal . Isn’t that the same time they used to run the old Les Montreal Supercross ?
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
5/11/2022 3:59am
jeffro503 wrote:

MXGP teams/riders manage it and have been for decades
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
5/11/2022 4:04am
I’m in for the U.K. rounds. If you live in USA it’s hard to understand but imagine watching supercross on TV for your entire life, living for it but for 20-30-40 years that’s all you can do, is watch it on tv because it’s happening the other side of the Atlantic. Then all of a sudden a real supercross race comes to your country, done right, in a proper stadium. They’re going to sell out every show. And those fans that watch the show are going to want to keep up with the racing, so will be watching all the other rounds too.
Joey_Bridges
5/11/2022 4:43am
The schedule does not make a lot of sense, assuming they are using soccer/football stadiums as venues because those sports get going in August. If I...
The schedule does not make a lot of sense, assuming they are using soccer/football stadiums as venues because those sports get going in August. If I were organizing a new series like this, then I would try to piggy back off another international series like MotoGP, that way the industry, sponsors and fans would already be in town in a lot of these countries.
Exactly.
They'll be far more successful approaching this as a support series.
Not a stand alone event.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
5/11/2022 5:15am
So, any rider looking to do a Supercross-only schedule is starting A1 the first week of January and then racing Supercross non-stop around the world until...
So, any rider looking to do a Supercross-only schedule is starting A1 the first week of January and then racing Supercross non-stop around the world until mid-November? That's a year-round season and it's not going to work.

These organizers are going to have to persuade the top riders in the world to leave Feld, MX Sports and MXGP because NOBODY is going to race all-year every-year. Now I don't like the idea of this new series anymore. They're going to have to destroy professional motocross in order for their series to succeed.
This was my first thought seeing the 23 schedule. It's more spread out and sparse, but lasting until November gives zero off season to these guys, racing from January to November and straight into testing next year's bike. With their team setup, would the bikes even be the same?

The main thing I'm curious about is how each event will go. With only 20 riders per class, there is no need for heats/lcq. Qualifying race like mxgp? Superpole? Multiple motos? Hard to imagine setting all that up and selling tickets just for 2 20ish minute races.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/11/2022 5:28am
Rupert X wrote:
I’m in for September in Montreal . Isn’t that the same time they used to run the old Les Montreal Supercross ?
Yeah, the Olympic Stadium in Montreal.
8tensolutions
5/11/2022 6:04am
I think we see Feld and Mx Sports partner and have a true championship with both disciplines. Still one for SX and one for outdoors, but combined resources could be amazing. Many of the riders here value their time at home and the training etc it allows. That all disappears with 15 hour flights to your next race and other challenges of international travel. That's an entirely different deal than jumping on a plane from Orlando to Indy. This new series looks like it will be more of a sideshow, but time will tell.

Post a reply to: World SX tentative schedule

The Latest