crc245 wrote:
Ripping... you were killing it
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/6/2020 9:20pm
crc245 wrote:
You were haulin!!!!
One thing I hate about GoPro’s, they never do the track any justice.
mxr1der34
10/7/2020 6:20pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Did you ride 30 novice also?
mxr1der34 wrote:
I did! I got 7th in the first moto...although a crash on my last "extra" lap ended my day. I'm guessing the 30 experts came around...
I did! I got 7th in the first moto...although a crash on my last "extra" lap ended my day. I'm guessing the 30 experts came around to the checker before they lapped the top 7 so we go to do a very unwanted 6th lap

I tried to give it a go in the 250 Nov race but my neck was like "nah dude your done"

Fun race though! What bike were you riding?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I got 8th the first moto. Obermeyer lapped me on the last lap in the sand section in the first moto so I didn’t have to...
I got 8th the first moto. Obermeyer lapped me on the last lap in the sand section in the first moto so I didn’t have to do that unwanted last lap 😂 I’ve never been so happy to be lapped. Unfortunately, the last moto he didn’t get me so I had to do every lap haha!

It was a blast! I’m destroyed today. What about you?
I was on a KX250 #23
4 days later and I'm still sore! I'm racing the Swap Moto series this weekend so I better get back to normal. You gonna be out there?

I haven't watched back my GoPro footage but I'll look to see if I can find you. Was there any "official" photographer for the event?
10/7/2020 7:48pm
Kevin852 wrote:
What a weekend. I raced 4 motos on Saturday and then 4 motos on Sunday with SoCal Old Timers and Over The Hill Gang. Saturday. I...
What a weekend. I raced 4 motos on Saturday and then 4 motos on Sunday with SoCal Old Timers and Over The Hill Gang.

Saturday. I was in races 14 (50+ 125 Pro) 50+ 125 pro and race 16 for 50+ expert) 1st 50+ 125 moto. I came around the first turn in 3rd or so and just kind of rode there the whole moto. Was pressured by Jon Ortner the whole moto and just never felt great. i ran 3rd for a few laps until Dubach came past. Not sure what happened that he was behind me? So ended up 4th behind Nicholl, Dubach,, and Pete Murray. Although I was close to Murray at the start he just rode away from me.

So I get about a 10 minute break and on the line for 50 expert riding a 1993 KX500 that was I was given to ride by Brian at N2Dirt Suspension. I struggled with over revving the bike as I just got off the 125. Struggled the whole moto and ended up 5th.

2nd motos... I get another decent start but tried the inside line in turn two and just bogged down in the mud on the inside line. I think I was about 7th at the top of Mt St Helens. So I put my head down and just started to ride. Not sure why but felt way better and rode all the way up and even caught Murray at the end of the moto to finish second. Nicholl blew his bike up in the 30+ 125 race and Dubach did not start the second moto so I ended up 2nd overall with 4-2 motos. Then off to the 2nd 50 expert moto. I got a decent start, had being consistent on starts when I was going back and forth from the 125 to the 500. I rounded the first turn about 6th and over the moto moved up to third so ended up 3rd overall with 5-3 scores.

Big thanks to Pasha for putting up money and just trying to revive the 125 scene!!

I joked that I know I am getting old when the thing I was most excited about was receiving a copy of Rob Andrews "The Inside Line" book for being on the podium. Can't wait to read it.

Sunday. rode my new KTM 350 so struggled with starts. But manage to win my class and put in 4 good motos. Track was a little shorter on sunday as there was a different race on REM.

TLDR: Got 2nd in the 50+ 125 pro class (big * due to the two fastest guys not racing the 2nd moto) and 3rd in 50 expert riding a 1993 KX 500 that N2Dirt Suspension prepped (it is the owner's, Brian, bike). Raced sunday too but on a KTM350

Great seeing every one out there!!

Great ride and race report, thx. 10 minute break in between 50 pro Pasha and 50 expert. That would never work for me, 125 in both classes. Would be nice to let the bike cool down, in between motos.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/7/2020 8:35pm
mxr1der34 wrote:
I did! I got 7th in the first moto...although a crash on my last "extra" lap ended my day. I'm guessing the 30 experts came around...
I did! I got 7th in the first moto...although a crash on my last "extra" lap ended my day. I'm guessing the 30 experts came around to the checker before they lapped the top 7 so we go to do a very unwanted 6th lap

I tried to give it a go in the 250 Nov race but my neck was like "nah dude your done"

Fun race though! What bike were you riding?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I got 8th the first moto. Obermeyer lapped me on the last lap in the sand section in the first moto so I didn’t have to...
I got 8th the first moto. Obermeyer lapped me on the last lap in the sand section in the first moto so I didn’t have to do that unwanted last lap 😂 I’ve never been so happy to be lapped. Unfortunately, the last moto he didn’t get me so I had to do every lap haha!

It was a blast! I’m destroyed today. What about you?
I was on a KX250 #23
mxr1der34 wrote:
4 days later and I'm still sore! I'm racing the Swap Moto series this weekend so I better get back to normal. You gonna be out...
4 days later and I'm still sore! I'm racing the Swap Moto series this weekend so I better get back to normal. You gonna be out there?

I haven't watched back my GoPro footage but I'll look to see if I can find you. Was there any "official" photographer for the event?
Haha!! I was still a bit sore yesterday, but I’m good now. Still really really tired though!
No unfortunately I won’t be out there this weekend. Trying to get some work done on the house. Hoping beginning of the year I’ll be ready to start racing more often. Trying for DITD next month if all works out well.

Fullthrottlephoto.com and madmoosephoto. Mad moose you have to send them an email inquiring about your photos and then they will send them to you in a small photo.

Post a reply to: World 2-Stroke Championships - 2020 - Oct. Glen Helen

The Latest