World 2-Stroke Championships - 2020 - Oct. Glen Helen

cmotodad
10/5/2020 6:42pm
The Pasha purse only paid 3 out of 18. That is not the pay back I remember being at least 30%.
10/5/2020 7:22pm
MXA,s race report is great,a lot of pics too. Rough track with big hills and sand whoops, my dream track. A couple Millville races should, get me ready. 125 pro 50+ and 50 expert, if that,s possible for a 50 plus rider.
rongi#401
10/5/2020 7:41pm
I had a blast on saturday. As mentioned, the track was rough as hell. If you ever think you're in good shape, go ride GH and...
I had a blast on saturday. As mentioned, the track was rough as hell. If you ever think you're in good shape, go ride GH and then decide if you are or not. Heh. I think I was gassed by the 3rd lap. Went 7-6 for 6th OA in 30 int. The uphills in the 2nd moto had you staring directly into the sun. Can't wait for next year!
What number and bike we were in the same gate drop
10/5/2020 8:15pm
I had a blast on saturday. As mentioned, the track was rough as hell. If you ever think you're in good shape, go ride GH and...
I had a blast on saturday. As mentioned, the track was rough as hell. If you ever think you're in good shape, go ride GH and then decide if you are or not. Heh. I think I was gassed by the 3rd lap. Went 7-6 for 6th OA in 30 int. The uphills in the 2nd moto had you staring directly into the sun. Can't wait for next year!
rongi#401 wrote:
What number and bike we were in the same gate drop
#138 on a husky. I'm on the end of one of your pics on the start gate. It was fun dropping gates with 20 other 2 strokes!

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/5/2020 10:25pm
Dude how scary was that going up the hills in the second moto? Especially with the ruts halfway up. No way of seeing where the corner was, where any of the holes and bumps were. Damn it was fun though!
H4L
10/5/2020 10:45pm
Luv me the sound of 2 smokes ! Cool
Bearuno
10/5/2020 11:09pm
Geeze Tony, it took a while for you to post, but you sure as heck have come out gangbusters when you did!

When I did not see you (I may have missed it) jump in, I figured MA was not on an ESR motor this year.

But, I saw that MXA post about him winning $30,000, with $20,000 being the ESR 'Bonus', and I was surprised that you weren't here, boots and all.

Eddie looks to have a bit of money to cough up! Woohoo
10/6/2020 6:44am
Bearuno wrote:
Geeze Tony, it took a while for you to post, but you sure as heck have come out gangbusters when you did! When I did not...
Geeze Tony, it took a while for you to post, but you sure as heck have come out gangbusters when you did!

When I did not see you (I may have missed it) jump in, I figured MA was not on an ESR motor this year.

But, I saw that MXA post about him winning $30,000, with $20,000 being the ESR 'Bonus', and I was surprised that you weren't here, boots and all.

Eddie looks to have a bit of money to cough up! Woohoo
Yes my intended post were delayed, females can get in the way of everything!
Lol!
JWACK
10/6/2020 7:13am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude how scary was that going up the hills in the second moto? Especially with the ruts halfway up. No way of seeing where the corner...
Dude how scary was that going up the hills in the second moto? Especially with the ruts halfway up. No way of seeing where the corner was, where any of the holes and bumps were. Damn it was fun though!
It was wild going up that hill second Moto! I didn’t race I just survived lol!
10/6/2020 7:52am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude how scary was that going up the hills in the second moto? Especially with the ruts halfway up. No way of seeing where the corner...
JWACK wrote:
I hope you had fun for a while! One of the Pros took a bad fall right before the finish line jump, probably tired and had brain fade.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/6/2020 8:48am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JWACK wrote:
Haha!! Pretty much the same dude! I finally got a good start the second moto, but it was straight survival after that.
Kevin852
10/6/2020 9:09am
What a weekend. I raced 4 motos on Saturday and then 4 motos on Sunday with SoCal Old Timers and Over The Hill Gang.

Saturday. I was in races 14 (50+ 125 Pro) 50+ 125 pro and race 16 for 50+ expert) 1st 50+ 125 moto. I came around the first turn in 3rd or so and just kind of rode there the whole moto. Was pressured by Jon Ortner the whole moto and just never felt great. i ran 3rd for a few laps until Dubach came past. Not sure what happened that he was behind me? So ended up 4th behind Nicholl, Dubach,, and Pete Murray. Although I was close to Murray at the start he just rode away from me.

So I get about a 10 minute break and on the line for 50 expert riding a 1993 KX500 that was I was given to ride by Brian at N2Dirt Suspension. I struggled with over revving the bike as I just got off the 125. Struggled the whole moto and ended up 5th.

2nd motos... I get another decent start but tried the inside line in turn two and just bogged down in the mud on the inside line. I think I was about 7th at the top of Mt St Helens. So I put my head down and just started to ride. Not sure why but felt way better and rode all the way up and even caught Murray at the end of the moto to finish second. Nicholl blew his bike up in the 30+ 125 race and Dubach did not start the second moto so I ended up 2nd overall with 4-2 motos. Then off to the 2nd 50 expert moto. I got a decent start, had being consistent on starts when I was going back and forth from the 125 to the 500. I rounded the first turn about 6th and over the moto moved up to third so ended up 3rd overall with 5-3 scores.

Big thanks to Pasha for putting up money and just trying to revive the 125 scene!!

I joked that I know I am getting old when the thing I was most excited about was receiving a copy of Rob Andrews "The Inside Line" book for being on the podium. Can't wait to read it.

Sunday. rode my new KTM 350 so struggled with starts. But manage to win my class and put in 4 good motos. Track was a little shorter on sunday as there was a different race on REM.

TLDR: Got 2nd in the 50+ 125 pro class (big * due to the two fastest guys not racing the 2nd moto) and 3rd in 50 expert riding a 1993 KX 500 that N2Dirt Suspension prepped (it is the owner's, Brian, bike). Raced sunday too but on a KTM350

Great seeing every one out there!!

10/6/2020 4:32pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I thought I was going off the track a few times on the smaller uphill. So many square edge bumps everywhere! I saw you in line, wanted to say what's up but didn't want to miss my spot on the gate in all the chaos. Hopefully catch you 2 stroking some other time.
10/6/2020 4:34pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
JWACK wrote:
Ha. For sure! Felt a satisfying type of sore for the next few days.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/6/2020 4:51pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I thought I was going off the track a few times on the smaller uphill. So many square edge bumps everywhere! I saw you in line...
I thought I was going off the track a few times on the smaller uphill. So many square edge bumps everywhere! I saw you in line, wanted to say what's up but didn't want to miss my spot on the gate in all the chaos. Hopefully catch you 2 stroking some other time.
I hit the left edge once and almost went over the side.

My YZ should be ready to go by the end of the month so I'll mostly be riding that. Let me know when you're riding
10/6/2020 7:02pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I thought I was going off the track a few times on the smaller uphill. So many square edge bumps everywhere! I saw you in line...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I hit the left edge once and almost went over the side. My YZ should be ready to go by the end of the month so...
I hit the left edge once and almost went over the side.

My YZ should be ready to go by the end of the month so I'll mostly be riding that. Let me know when you're riding
Glen helen has races for the next month. Between SRA gps, swapmoto, and world vet, I'll prolly be there for a while!

Post a reply to: World 2-Stroke Championships - 2020 - Oct. Glen Helen

The Latest