Works Chassis Lab

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2021 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2021 5:48 PM

Anyone order anything from them recently? Their customer service is a joke. I placed an order for engine mounts with them on March 2nd and I've been trying to get an update of when they might ship. Sent them emails asking for an ETA on 3/31, 4/6, and 4/23. No responses. I've been pretty patient and I understand that machine shops are backed up and it may take some time to get parts made. But you have to at least make an effort to respond to emails and let your customers know when that might be. Especially if email is the only method of contact listed on your website.

Not super thrilled about spending $350 on a parts through a company with such poor customer service. I should have just went to FCP instead.

|

4/24/2021 5:54 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/24/2021 5:56 PM

I dropped $535 on a CDI from Tokyo Mods on April 17th and my order still shows as processing. I also shipped my carb to them and no update. I think mx companies just have poor customer service especially during racing season. Did you try calling? They’re usually better at answering calls than emails.

|

4/24/2021 6:01 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

It seems to be common. Michael left his phone number in one of them.

...more

Damn, I wish I saw those threads prior to placing an order. Thanks!

It's ridiculous that it takes blasting them on a forum to get any response. Or to even get a phone number.

|

4/24/2021 6:02 PM

Electro21 wrote:

I dropped $535 on a CDI from Tokyo Mods on April 17th and my order still shows as processing. I also shipped my carb to them ...more

I would have tried calling them if they had a phone number posted on their website! That sucks I hope you get your parts soon. I'm not sure how companies like that can have such poor service and expect to have return customers.

|

4/24/2021 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2021 6:12 PM

gk260 wrote:

Anyone order anything from them recently? Their customer service is a joke. I placed an order for engine mounts with them on ...more

Sucks man.

Word o’ warning to anyone, stick to FCP

|

4/24/2021 6:12 PM

Electro21 wrote:

I dropped $535 on a CDI from Tokyo Mods on April 17th and my order still shows as processing. I also shipped my carb to them ...more

gk260 wrote:

I would have tried calling them if they had a phone number posted on their website! That sucks I hope you get your parts soon. ...more

Oh. Didn’t know there wasn’t a phone number. I’m not worried about mine, project bike so not a rush as long as I get them. Been less than a week too for me.

I will say Tom Morgan has been top-notch. I sent my cases, cylinder and cylinder head for case boring and porting and he replies next day at the latest.

|

4/24/2021 6:58 PM

I had the exact same experience with WCL. I ordered and it took me about 6 months to get my parts. The only way to was able to get my parts was to hound Michael over text. The first time I got my parts they sent me two left side mounts and had to repeat the process all over again. It’s sucks to have to give bad feedback about someone who is trying to give back to the sport in so many ways (podcast/team/testing) but maybe small business is not his forte.

*** The parts are absolutely top quality, and anyone who says that spending $350 on motor mounts is crazy has never ridden them. This feedback is purely aimed at the customer service aspect.

|

4/24/2021 7:03 PM

Call/text me 951-757-2661

Playing catch up on some orders and my apologies for anything slipping through. We’ll get it handled.

|

4/24/2021 7:20 PM

Since COVID I have stopped ordering from companies that don't list a phone number and I always call before ordering just to make sure someone answers. Seems like great customer service isn't a standard companies strive for now days. And nothing makes me more angry than a company blaming a shipping company for their own shortcomings.

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50