Word of advice to dealers

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
Edited Date/Time 7/13/2014 5:51am
Please don't do this.

If you are going to install an aftermarket anything on a new bike, do it right. As consumers, we know we will be overpaying for most parts we buy there. I'm sure the 4.99 bolts and the $40 gloves would have been much less online, but I go there to support you and because you offer something that I can't get online - service. Seeing a new bike on the floor with such shoddy work makes me really question that.

That's all.
|
4stroke4DWIN
7/12/2014 7:22am
I do graphics and looks like that kit wasn't even for that yr and they TRIED to make it work, fail big time.
Gringoe
7/12/2014 7:25am
I thought something different when I read the title..
ChrisB10
7/12/2014 7:36am
yeah even a putz like me can get graphics right. If I bought a bike there I be worried it would grenade because some idiot didn't set it up right.

The Shop

rpoint116
7/12/2014 8:04am
Do them a favor & mention this to a manager. Hopefully he was not aware of this.

These days there is not an adherant quality culture among employees as there was 20 years ago. Hopefully this person just didn't know any better.
Ebs
7/12/2014 8:07am
I remember the first time I tried to put on shroud graphics too.
Getndome
7/12/2014 8:31am
Gringoe wrote:
I thought something different when I read the title..
Touché
4stroke4DWIN
7/12/2014 8:33am
After looking at it again, that looks like plain wrap material they used.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
7/12/2014 8:33am
This is what your $349.99 "dealer prep and set up fee" gets you. You don't want it to be $449.99, do you? Then shut up and like it.

Don't worry, they'll also tack on the graphics kit on the sale sheet at full retail of $129.99 and tell you "no, you can not buy the bike without them. It's part of the deal."
BIGHEAD1
7/12/2014 9:47am
Yeah, yamaha provides it too, so you don't get a new bike with glue all over your shrouds if you decide to take it off.. Good god this sport is being filled with yuppie douchebags. Ignorant always comes with arrogant it seems. To take the time to take pics, post them on the internet and complain about it... I am sure your dealer won't miss you walking in with your mandels on and bluetooth in your ear and buying all the casual clothes.

4stroke4DWIN
7/12/2014 10:29am
BIGHEAD1 wrote:
Yeah, yamaha provides it too, so you don't get a new bike with glue all over your shrouds if you decide to take it off.. Good...
Yeah, yamaha provides it too, so you don't get a new bike with glue all over your shrouds if you decide to take it off.. Good god this sport is being filled with yuppie douchebags. Ignorant always comes with arrogant it seems. To take the time to take pics, post them on the internet and complain about it... I am sure your dealer won't miss you walking in with your mandels on and bluetooth in your ear and buying all the casual clothes.

What the fuck are singling me out for clown? I just pointed out that I own a graphics company and that looks like shit, period.
Huevos
7/12/2014 10:41am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 10:53am
BIGHEAD1 wrote:
Yeah, yamaha provides it too, so you don't get a new bike with glue all over your shrouds if you decide to take it off.. Good...

What the fuck are singling me out for clown? I just pointed out that I own a graphics company and that looks like shit, period.
The dude is sporting a J-Law avatar. That's all you need to know about him.

And bighead, you seem to believe that the consumer should just shut up and take whatever shit is served to him? See how that works out for you if you ever own a business. Posting opinions and reviews online is literally one of the biggest uses of these types of message boards. Doesn't matter if those just peel off. It's about presentation. It looks like crap.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/12/2014 10:48am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Please don't do this. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/12/59155/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/12/59156/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/12/59157/s1200_image.jpg[/img] If you are going to install an aftermarket anything on a new bike, do it right. As consumers, we...
Please don't do this.

If you are going to install an aftermarket anything on a new bike, do it right. As consumers, we know we will be overpaying for most parts we buy there. I'm sure the 4.99 bolts and the $40 gloves would have been much less online, but I go there to support you and because you offer something that I can't get online - service. Seeing a new bike on the floor with such shoddy work makes me really question that.

That's all.
LOL I agree its not the best way to show a 9K bike you are trying to sell.
BIGHEAD1
7/12/2014 11:20am
Huevos wrote:
The dude is sporting a J-Law avatar. That's all you need to know about him. And bighead, you seem to believe that the consumer should just...

And bighead, you seem to believe that the consumer should just shut up and take whatever shit is served to him? See how that works out for you if you ever own a business. Posting opinions and reviews online is literally one of the biggest uses of these types of message boards. Doesn't matter if those just peel off. It's about presentation. It looks like crap.
In this case, yes. They are a motorcycle dealer, not a graphics company. Buy the fucking bike.. have them take the temporary graphics off for you. Ride it.

You nor the OP own a business. Because then you would be reasonable. What if OP could have bought the bike cheaper than anywhere else? What if they have the best service department in the country? What if they support local racers? What if they have more parts in stock than anyone else? What if they help you with your bike and give you free technical advice allowing you to fix it yourself? Oh wait fuck all that, there's a bubble in the temporary graphics..
JonnyDH84
7/12/2014 11:32am
Huevos wrote:
The dude is sporting a J-Law avatar. That's all you need to know about him. And bighead, you seem to believe that the consumer should just...

BIGHEAD1 wrote:
In this case, yes. They are a motorcycle dealer, not a graphics company. Buy the fucking bike.. have them take the temporary graphics off for you...
In this case, yes. They are a motorcycle dealer, not a graphics company. Buy the fucking bike.. have them take the temporary graphics off for you. Ride it.

You nor the OP own a business. Because then you would be reasonable. What if OP could have bought the bike cheaper than anywhere else? What if they have the best service department in the country? What if they support local racers? What if they have more parts in stock than anyone else? What if they help you with your bike and give you free technical advice allowing you to fix it yourself? Oh wait fuck all that, there's a bubble in the temporary graphics..
That's all well and good but if your a new customer and turn up to a shop and the new bikes look like shit its not the best first impression is it ? I hope the op told someone in the shop though rather than just putting it on here.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/12/2014 11:46am
Huevos wrote:

BIGHEAD1 wrote:
In this case, yes. They are a motorcycle dealer, not a graphics company. Buy the fucking bike.. have them take the temporary graphics off for you...

Those almost look like "clings" and not real graphics. Either way I dont think the sale of the bike would have been held up in any way other than they look bad, put on some new plastic or a different bike that has not been set up yet and it would still be a done deal and out the door. Laughing
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
7/12/2014 12:08pm
the JGR logo is also a sticker on top of the graphic material. Definitely Busch League.
enketchum
7/12/2014 12:22pm
those look like they are some kind of heat shrink graphics.
mx216
7/12/2014 7:04pm
Unfortunately the quality of the customers are not the same either. Why does everyone feel they are owed a discount. I don't have a problem helping people mind you, but where did moto guys get the entitlement to belive they are all owed a discount? It does get old hearing from almost every customer, "is that the best you can do?"
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/12/2014 7:10pm
mx216 wrote:
Unfortunately the quality of the customers are not the same either. Why does everyone feel they are owed a discount. I don't have a problem helping...
Unfortunately the quality of the customers are not the same either. Why does everyone feel they are owed a discount. I don't have a problem helping people mind you, but where did moto guys get the entitlement to belive they are all owed a discount? It does get old hearing from almost every customer, "is that the best you can do?"
Sorry, guess the customer should just walk in and say "yes I'll pay full MSRP", unless you have a money tree why wouldn't you ask if they can do better? It's the dealers choice to say yes or no, say no and take the risk the customer will walk out the door
mx216
7/12/2014 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2014 7:39pm
yak651 wrote:
Sorry, guess the customer should just walk in and say "yes I'll pay full MSRP", unless you have a money tree why wouldn't you ask if...
Sorry, guess the customer should just walk in and say "yes I'll pay full MSRP", unless you have a money tree why wouldn't you ask if they can do better? It's the dealers choice to say yes or no, say no and take the risk the customer will walk out the door
Its not a cheap sport there bud. Need a money tree anyway Smile . Do you go to a sporting good store and ask if its the best they can do or at the grocery store and ask yo, can I get 10% off on that milk? Not trying to be an ass, I've worked both parts counters and behind the phones at a large .com. Try building a relationship with your dealer and they will take care of you if they know what's good is all I'm saying Wink
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
7/12/2014 7:41pm
mx216 wrote:
Unfortunately the quality of the customers are not the same either. Why does everyone feel they are owed a discount. I don't have a problem helping...
See definition of "Capitalism"
wreckitrandy
7/12/2014 7:51pm
yak651 wrote:
Sorry, guess the customer should just walk in and say "yes I'll pay full MSRP", unless you have a money tree why wouldn't you ask if...
mx216 wrote:
Its not a cheap sport there bud. Need a money tree anyway :). Do you go to a sporting good store and ask if its the...
Its not a cheap sport there bud. Need a money tree anyway Smile . Do you go to a sporting good store and ask if its the best they can do or at the grocery store and ask yo, can I get 10% off on that milk? Not trying to be an ass, I've worked both parts counters and behind the phones at a large .com. Try building a relationship with your dealer and they will take care of you if they know what's good is all I'm saying Wink
Come on dude.... You know that dealer the OP is speaking of is a greedy cuss that could hire better set up guys if he weren't putting that $100 bucks he made on a new bike in his pocket. Oh, that reminds me,,, anyone know what dealer cost is on a '15 350 SXF?!!
mx216
7/12/2014 8:03pm
Come on dude.... You know that dealer the OP is speaking of is a greedy cuss that could hire better set up guys if he weren't...
Come on dude.... You know that dealer the OP is speaking of is a greedy cuss that could hire better set up guys if he weren't putting that $100 bucks he made on a new bike in his pocket. Oh, that reminds me,,, anyone know what dealer cost is on a '15 350 SXF?!!
All im saying is find a good dealer,stick with a parts guy and buy some stuff. They will remember you and you'll get dialed in. It helps if you aren't a d-bag to them. Been doing this a long time, and have worked at only moto oriented shops, trust me Wink . Every guy I work with rides and loves moto just as much as you or maybe more, and knows exactly how expensive it can be. Find a shop with those guys.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/12/2014 8:47pm
Huevos wrote:

BIGHEAD1 wrote:

I don't know what mandels and I don't own a Bluetooth, but go ahead and stereotype me as much as you want, you just make yourself look like an ass. I was there to buy parts for my bike (cuz, wow, I actually ride!) and do as I always do and check out the bikes. This one caught my eye because it had a few extra parts like a Yosh carbon pipe, so it probably retailed for at least a grand more.

My original point is that it doesn't matter what level of service they actually have. They could have the best service department, the best mechanics, the most parts, etc but no one sees that. They could have freaking mike gosselar back there turning wrenches but what customers see is the $9K 250F sitting on display with a half ass job on the graphics, so why should anyone assume they have anything other that a crappy service department?

You can't just claim you have good service, you prove it.

And no I didn't mention it because it was during lunch time and the manager had stepped away but I'm in there often enough that I know he will appreciate me telling him personally next time I'm in.
7/12/2014 9:00pm
maybe the hired a blind guy in sales?
mmitoptech
7/12/2014 9:00pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
I don't know what mandels and I don't own a Bluetooth, but go ahead and stereotype me as much as you want, you just make yourself...
I don't know what mandels and I don't own a Bluetooth, but go ahead and stereotype me as much as you want, you just make yourself look like an ass. I was there to buy parts for my bike (cuz, wow, I actually ride!) and do as I always do and check out the bikes. This one caught my eye because it had a few extra parts like a Yosh carbon pipe, so it probably retailed for at least a grand more.

My original point is that it doesn't matter what level of service they actually have. They could have the best service department, the best mechanics, the most parts, etc but no one sees that. They could have freaking mike gosselar back there turning wrenches but what customers see is the $9K 250F sitting on display with a half ass job on the graphics, so why should anyone assume they have anything other that a crappy service department?

You can't just claim you have good service, you prove it.

And no I didn't mention it because it was during lunch time and the manager had stepped away but I'm in there often enough that I know he will appreciate me telling him personally next time I'm in.
So you're gonna go back and have your bike serviced there?
wreckitrandy
7/12/2014 9:05pm
Come on dude.... You know that dealer the OP is speaking of is a greedy cuss that could hire better set up guys if he weren't...
mx216 wrote:
All im saying is find a good dealer,stick with a parts guy and buy some stuff. They will remember you and you'll get dialed in. It...
All im saying is find a good dealer,stick with a parts guy and buy some stuff. They will remember you and you'll get dialed in. It helps if you aren't a d-bag to them. Been doing this a long time, and have worked at only moto oriented shops, trust me Wink . Every guy I work with rides and loves moto just as much as you or maybe more, and knows exactly how expensive it can be. Find a shop with those guys.
Good dealer?? You mean the one that doesn't have all the newest gear in stock so I can go try it all on to size it before I buy it online? Or, the one that won't trade the right color helmet for the SAME helmet but wrong color that I bought online? Maybe the same place that had my cable in stock and stayed open after hours but wouldn't price match the one I found online and knocked me out of riding this weekend after I drove all the way over there? Good dealer? HA!
ChrisB10
7/13/2014 2:04am
BIGHEAD1 wrote:

Huevos wrote:

Exactly. J Law has ranch dressing inside of his skull instead of brain tissue. The same could be said for someone who admires such a dope.

Post a reply to: Word of advice to dealers

The Latest