WooHoo......I got that son of a bitch!

jeffro503
8/7/2010 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 7:10am
Well...finally , after 4-1/2 years off , i went down and picked up my new 2010 YZ450F today! ( white version)

Going out tomorrow to run a few gallons through her and start breaking things in.

I left a "Help" question in the "race shop" threads about changing the oil in this thing. I didn't get a service manual for it , as the sales guy forgot to give me one , and i completely spaced off asking for one!

Do they still give a service manual out with these new bikes?

Anyways....as far as the bike goes......."to me".........this thing is just plain fucking awesome! I know some people think the new Yamahas are ugly.....but to me , it is the best looking bike i've seen!

I dunno what it is......but the looks of it was one of the reasons I bought it.

God damn.......I can't believe i'm going to be able to ride tomorrow! I didn't sleep a wink last night , as i felt like a kid on Christmas eve night!

I am so fucking happy right now it's crazy!
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/7/2010 10:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2010 10:02pm
Congrats Man!

Are you gonna start racing again also,or just play ride?

Post up some pics when you get a chance.
STBY
8/7/2010 10:04pm
Have a great time riding and enjoy the new ride...
jeffro503
8/7/2010 10:09pm
FastEddy wrote:
Congrats Man!

Are you gonna start racing again also,or just play ride?

Post up some pics when you get a chance.
Well.....I am going to "ease" my way back into and just have some fun with what little summer and fall riding I have left. And if everything goes right , I will end up doing some racing come next spring. I may do some indoor practice stuff this winter just to stay in tune with the bike a little , but nothing serious. But yeah.....the plan is to do some Vet national stuff and maybe some local racing here and there. mainly.....just hitting all the tracks around the NW for some fun practice days though........you just can't beat those days!
mxer146
8/7/2010 10:10pm
Congrats. It is a fun bike. I would go back to the dealer and get the service manual. All Yamaha dirt bikes come with a full service manual, as well as a spoke wrench and spark plug tool.

The Shop

jimmie
8/7/2010 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2010 4:48am
Well yeah Yamaha provides you with a service manual.

Sorry to hear your lethargic disposition about acquiring a spanking new motocross sickle..........................you'll get over it.

Merry AugustWink
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
8/7/2010 10:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2010 10:14pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well.....I am going to "ease" my way back into and just have some fun with what little summer and fall riding I have left. And if...
Well.....I am going to "ease" my way back into and just have some fun with what little summer and fall riding I have left. And if everything goes right , I will end up doing some racing come next spring. I may do some indoor practice stuff this winter just to stay in tune with the bike a little , but nothing serious. But yeah.....the plan is to do some Vet national stuff and maybe some local racing here and there. mainly.....just hitting all the tracks around the NW for some fun practice days though........you just can't beat those days!
That's cool man...
Sand Lake & Coos Bay were always fun to ride during the winter months up that way.
Wet sand & a paddle always made for a pretty safe good time.
redrider400
8/7/2010 11:25pm
I have the blue 2010 and think its the best bike that I have ever ridden, and thats alot of bikes. I am 6'3 225 and it fits me better than any other bike I have ever had. Only think that I dont like having to do is the air filter. Its not that bad, just alittle more than 2 seat bolts like I am accustomed to. Great handling and jumping bike.
jeffro503
8/7/2010 11:33pm
I have the blue 2010 and think its the best bike that I have ever ridden, and thats alot of bikes. I am 6'3 225 and...
I have the blue 2010 and think its the best bike that I have ever ridden, and thats alot of bikes. I am 6'3 225 and it fits me better than any other bike I have ever had. Only think that I dont like having to do is the air filter. Its not that bad, just alittle more than 2 seat bolts like I am accustomed to. Great handling and jumping bike.
Hey RR....could you help me out on the amount of oil it needs for an oil change? I'm going to call the bike shop first thing Tuesday morning and get my manual.........bums me out that they ( and myself ) completely forgot about it!
mdub45
8/7/2010 11:38pm
Congrats man!!! I rode my uncles when they first came out and loved it!!!!!!! Theres nothin that can make you feel like a kid again like a new bike!!!
Trent179
8/7/2010 11:51pm
That's awsome man! Have fun and be safe!
adamdf
8/8/2010 2:03am
Sounds great! Let us know how the bike runs! Oh and absolutely YES about the manual, how the heck could they not give that you to you ? Strange, i've imported bikes from my whole life and never have they forgotten to send the manual with it, get your manual! and have fun!
Fleece192
8/8/2010 3:37am
glad you got the new ride, you get a owner manual not a service manual..Get one!
You should be able to get one at cost..
Nothing like a new bike..Enjoy
burnside
8/8/2010 3:52am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2010 3:53am
So thats what it feels like to buy a brand new steed! haha. I've just had a plethora of sloppy seconds ha. Have fun!
ocscottie
8/8/2010 4:47am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2010 5:50am
Right on Jeff! so stoked for ya bud. My older bro also just got a brand new bike, '10 RMZ250, he loves it.

Have a blast man, and be safe!
Highsider
8/8/2010 5:29am
Finally, eh Jeff?

A special spark plug wrench should come with your manual.
chase383
8/8/2010 5:48am
Congrats! You're gonna have a ball!

Does Yamaha still give you a top end when you buy a new bike?

They did with my 08 250smoker... and I think they did when my buddy bought his 250F..

You might want to ask

mxr102
8/8/2010 6:35am
I have the blue 2010 and think its the best bike that I have ever ridden, and thats alot of bikes. I am 6'3 225 and...
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey RR....could you help me out on the amount of oil it needs for an oil change? I'm going to call the bike shop first thing...
Hey RR....could you help me out on the amount of oil it needs for an oil change? I'm going to call the bike shop first thing Tuesday morning and get my manual.........bums me out that they ( and myself ) completely forgot about it!
Little over a quart if you replace the filter and a little under a quart if you don't. It has a sight glass now on the left side of the motor to. Which is nice....
8/8/2010 6:38am
Yamaha site says 1.2L for the oil capacity.

I responded in your garage topic.
jeffro503
8/8/2010 8:17am
DPW wrote:
DPW....Thanks man!! very much appreciated !

Brakkeman.........you to man! Thanks a lot! I replied to your post also in the race shop.

A;ll you other guys........Thanks!

I'll be heading out of here in about an hour or so. It'll be a break in day and doing some small adjustments here and there.

Damn......seriously feel so excited , nervous and a little weird this morning. I didn't know if I'd ever get a bike again.......but i just couldn't take it any longer.

Had about 8 different buddies all stop by here last night and check the Yamaha out....and their jaws just about dropped when they looked at it! I'm a proud owner of a new bike .....WooHoo!

I'll come back and give you guys a full report later today when I get back.

Thanks again guys , for all the help and support!
TJRace
8/8/2010 9:56am
Congrats! I wish I were still a motocrosser so I could join in on the break-in fun. Rubber side down!
Cygnus
8/8/2010 10:07am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2010 10:09am
Highsider wrote:
Insure the sob!
For sure. Go get a good chain before you ruin the sprockets too.

Congrats! Even if is a yamaha.Silly
Outsider
8/8/2010 10:55am
Highsider wrote:
Insure the sob!
Cygnus wrote:
For sure. Go get a good chain before you ruin the sprockets too.

Congrats! Even if is a yamaha.Silly
X3

Let us know how that thing handles! If you're able to type later that is!
newmann
8/8/2010 11:42am
Nothing quite like that new bike smell!
jeffro503
8/8/2010 9:06pm
Ride report :

The bike : well , I can definitely see myself falling in love with this bike after today. For me personally , it fit my riding style about as good as what i could hope for.

I ran about 5 different 15-20 min ( real easy ) practices to get the feel for the bike and do some break in.

Flame outs : I was warned by the guys who sold me this bike , that i'd deal with some small flame outs every now and then until about the 3-4 hour mark. It only does it in an idle position , so it's not putting me in jeopardy or anything , but I had like 4-5 today.

The bike is definitely suited for a slightly taller rider in mind. I'm 6'-1" and go between about 190lbs - 200lbs depending on what type of shape i'm in ( i'm in better shape at 200-205 lbs ) . I can't tell just yet.....but as i get back into shape , and start riding more aggressive , I think I may have the suspension done by someone.

Power : The bottom/mid range is extremely strong on this thing! I have to finish the break in , but when i got it up on the top end a little , it did seem " a little" flat. So I may end up getting a different pipe sometime later after i get used to this thing.

The bike is really easy to maneuver in the air as well. feels heavier on the ground while i'm putting it on the stand...but riding it , it feels really light!

Cornering : SHIT!......I can't give an honest answer on this one at all , because the practice track I was at , was like concrete with dust on it......not a berm in sight anywhere!

Either during the week , or next weekend , i'm taking it to a better track for sure.

Myself :
Honestly....being off a bike for as long as i have been , my hands and arms couldn't take any more today. I never felt winded or really tired today at all , because my arms and hands would start to give out on me. Actually my arches of my feet are aching right now.

I know what i need to do , to get myself back into riding / racing shape , but it will take a while. Since we only have a couple more months of riding up here ( out doors ) i'm not really going to push myself to hard until next spring / end of winter.

My Lungs : if any of you read about any of my injuries on here that i've mentioned a couple times , you would know that my lungs got injured pretty bad a few years ago. I haven't ridden probably more than 6-8 times after that bad wreck....then took 4-1/2 years off. I really didn't know what to expect today , but they didn't give me any problems. Of course , I was not pushing myself at all on this new bike , so I guess I'll have to wait and see once that happens.

Things I forgot :

1.) I forgot how God Damn fast these friggin' 450's are!!

2.) I forgot about some of the little aches and pains i get during riding......I felt the again today.......but it was worth every second of it!

3.) I forgot what it was like to own a new bike again , and start from Square one......and set it up for just me. Takes a lot of time and patience!

4.) Most importantly........I forgot how much God Damn fun this sport is! The best day I have had in almost 5 years of being off a bike. I'm still fucking smiling !
BobbyM
8/8/2010 9:08pm
that was a good read for a ride...cool
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
8/8/2010 9:09pm
Get ready to be sore tomorrow.

Congrats on the new bike.

Post a reply to: WooHoo......I got that son of a bitch!

The Latest