Wonder if Yamaha is thinking of keeping Barcia?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2018 12:07 AM

How in the name of sweet pearl....wouldn't they?

I did not expect to see this out of Justin. I gotta say , I've never really been a big fan of his , but right now I'm a fan of how he's riding. Dude deserves some major props .

Hope like hell he stays healthy and in the mix. He seems to be in a good place right now. And I hope he stays there.....very cool to see.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/28/2018 12:11 AM

They would be crazy to let him go at the moment.

sign him on until the end of the year with performance based results for a further year extension to be decided at the end of 2018.

Not the guy I am cheering on for the title, but enjoying watching him race and mix it up, up front. Nothing better than seeing a rider racing at their best, no matter who it is.

|

1/28/2018 12:13 AM

I'm confused. Who's he filling in for? Millsaps?

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

1/28/2018 12:16 AM

Could the reason Barcia is going so well this season is that he’s finally learned ride a 450 without revving the piss out of it? He’s keeping the 450 in its power band, it’s hooking up, and he’s riding in a smoother more controlled fashion now, using less energy, and going faster as a result?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/28/2018 12:16 AM

Well i have heard that millsaps may be out for good so....

|

1/28/2018 12:23 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

How in the name of sweet pearl....wouldn't they?

I did not expect to see this out of Justin. I gotta say , I've never really been a big fan of his , but right now I'm a fan of how he's riding. Dude deserves some major props .

Hope like hell he stays healthy and in the mix. He seems to be in a good place right now. And I hope he stays there.....very cool to see.

I agree with you Jeff! Big Props to Barcia he is definitely doing it and is in a great place. I would hope that Yamaha already has a 2018 SX and MX contact if not a 2019 even if it depends on his results in 2018 SX. He looks like the 250 rider that won championships but much more mature! I was never a Barcia fan really until this year. He definitely has a new fan. Great race tonight.

|

"If you're not 1st your Last"

1/28/2018 12:23 AM

First injury free pre season in last 4 years is the biggest reason. Barcia had some serious pre season injuries last few seasons. He finally is riding to race and not riding to catch up to the field

|

1/28/2018 12:31 AM

Reese95w wrote:

Could the reason Barcia is going so well this season is that he’s finally learned ride a 450 without revving the piss out of it? He’s keeping the 450 in its power band, it’s hooking up, and he’s riding in a smoother more controlled fashion now, using less energy, and going faster as a result?

I've thought about this and I wonder if the electronics have reached a point to where a riding style like Barcia's can be harnessed by a computer.

|

1/28/2018 12:41 AM

Didn't Matthes say on his podcast that he had heard a rumor that Yamaha has already bought Millsaps out of his contract and they're keep Bam Bam for the rest of the season. I could easily see them doing something like that with the way Barcia has been riding.

|

1/28/2018 12:49 AM

They're bloody mad if they don't. He's riding better than he has since 2013 and is a legitimate title contender.

|

1/28/2018 1:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 1:08 AM

Matthes said last week the rumour was Davi is paid out and they've offered Barcia a big deal again.

Thing is though, Barcia is silly if he takes it. Hold out for stupid dollars and keep riding a bike/brand that, whilst working now, you know is still in his head and will be the first time the results slip... and then see what the other brands have going on.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/2018 1:19 AM

3 podiums in 4 round is no fluke. He might / probably will get a win soon enough. In a matter of months, dude went from being out of a job to being set up for nearly Tomac/Musquin type money of everything breaks right. Amazing.

|

1/28/2018 1:28 AM

Yes it's quite a story!

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel

1/28/2018 1:41 AM

They are going to keep him and Millsaps doesn't look like he is coming back. I will more than likely be grilled on source on this but it is the same as where I got when I posted Barcia has signed for the Yamaha ride before it was public.

|

1/28/2018 2:01 AM

I don't know why is this even a thread, it's absolutly obvious they will keep a TITLE CONTENDER. No doubt about it.

|

1/28/2018 2:07 AM

Crush wrote:

Matthes said last week the rumour was Davi is paid out and they've offered Barcia a big deal again.

Thing is though, Barcia is silly if he takes it. Hold out for stupid dollars and keep riding a bike/brand that, whilst working now, you know is still in his head and will be the first time the results slip... and then see what the other brands have going on.

What teams have spots available next year? Would love to see Barcia back on a Honda but don't see that happening. Kawi a possibility given lots of his sponsors seem to fit the team already?

|

1/28/2018 2:44 AM

If I was Barcia's agent right about now, I'd be tightning some Yamaha nutsack and making some $$

|

1/28/2018 2:55 AM

Crush wrote:

689 wrote:

What teams have spots available next year? Would love to see Barcia back on a Honda but don't see that happening. Kawi a possibility given lots of his sponsors seem to fit the team already?

Depends if he wants to be the #1 guy on the team or not I guess and whatever contract situation is a written with that.

Will be interesting when the first turn comes, because he has won on the blue bike before. Maybe it really is all better, or maybe he was actually ok with the bike and it was in his head. Either way, don't ask, don't get!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/2018 3:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 3:56 AM

Zalev wrote:

I don't know why is this even a thread, it's absolutly obvious they will keep a TITLE CONTENDER. No doubt about it.

Yep even if Millsaps being bought out is really just a rumor. Yamaha will put another bike under the tent for Justin while barcia is doing this well. I think Webb is gonna be the one worried.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/28/2018 5:16 AM

Barcia is BACK! His return is REAL.

I thought his comments at the end of the 450 press conference were funny. Skip to 13:00 to see him talk about Webb and his funny thoughts on himself.

|

1/28/2018 5:49 AM

BobKerr wrote:

I thought his comments at the end of the 450 press conference were funny. Skip to 13:00 to see him talk about Webb and his funny thoughts on himself.

This was priceless. Barcia rules, man

|

1/28/2018 5:50 AM

Of course they will keep him. He’s in the title hunt and Webb is sucking the place dry. They have no choice.

|

1/28/2018 6:33 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't barcia say something like "I was a fill-in guy at the begining of the year" on the podium? Sounds to me like they made a deal

|

KX125

1/28/2018 6:51 AM

Barcias not going anywhere. it’s silly to even ask the question. he’s second in points and it’s still the beginning of the season and he’s had less time on that bike then a lot of guys have had on their bikes. he’s only going to get faster and his confidence is building. it’s not even a question if yamaha keeps him.

he’s the new big dog there now away.

|

1/28/2018 6:56 AM

BobKerr wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

This was priceless. Barcia rules, man

The whole explanation was hilarious, one of the greatest interview I have ever seen!

|

1/28/2018 7:09 AM

Seems like a no-brainer on both sides. He's already given Factory Yamaha more podiums than all of last year. Yamaha could secure a #1 rider and Barcia could continue with this combination (bike, team, mental approach) that is already paying dividends.

|

1/28/2018 7:12 AM

It'd be nice. Barcia is this year's Dean Wilson comeback feelgood fan favorite (other than Roczen....). Probably the bike, realizing he's burned many bridges and maturing to the point others don't think he's Bam Bam every lap.

|

1/28/2018 7:13 AM

BobKerr wrote:

“I did some stupid stuff... Kenny can vouch for that,”

">This is what he’s referring to, in case anyone forgot. Glad to see they can laugh about that shit years later. Always cool to see the top guys having a good time in the press conference, especially Barcia.
|

1/28/2018 7:26 AM

They're thinking of it.

Just like I'm thinking of going to Oakland next weekend. smile

|

1/28/2018 7:42 AM

It's hard to imagine that the contract negotiations are taking place in a vacuum. I'd guess that other teams are dangling some big $ to Justin right now to be able to snag a 2nd place contender over to their team to finish the season. Oh to be a fly on the wall. This is very likely to be a multi year deal for huge $, and Justin has all the leverage you could want. A great place to be negotiating from.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Photo

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart