Wonder how many teams kick themselves for not signing Wilson?

davistld01
I've pretty much always dug Deano. Even when he was young and a bit "mouthy"...just wrote it off as youthful exuberance. But, seeing him dig his way into a factory ride with Rockstar Husqvarna this year really created in me a fanship for the guy. I'm just speculating..because I don't know anything, but I wonder how many teams are kicking themselves now for not signing Dean Wilson? I believe he'll be at Rockstar Husqvarna a long time purely out of loyalty, just like Jason Anderson will.

Personally, I'd love to see Dean on a Honda or KTM...but it is what it is. He looked good enough on that Husky for 3rd OA last week. Not bad...
|
JRT812
7/11/2017 7:45am
Happy for the guy for sure, but I doubt people are kicking themselves. That is not intended as a slight towards him by any means, but he sure had a rough stretch of injuries. I hope the momentum continues and I hope he stays on the husky.
Sodipop
7/11/2017 7:51am
Why would anyone be kicking themslelves? He's been solid but he's not doing anything spectacular.
cameron96
7/11/2017 7:53am
The dudes got a big fan base, He'd sell bikes without even racing just cause of his following
H4L
7/11/2017 8:14am
I don't think anyone is kicking themselves. Keep in mind there were a lot of top riders out this past weekends national that normally get better results then him. He was able to move up in his finishes & overall result due to that. Glad to see he's been healthy & riding good though.

The Shop

Crush
7/11/2017 8:30am
Ah, KTM?

Let Dean go.

Sign Trey.

Trey has done 3 or 4 races?

Dean has been great and could really get going now.

Bonus, Bobby put him on a white and orange bike.
7/11/2017 8:51am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2017 8:52am
I would imagine Dean is riding for very little money...EVERY team should be kicking themselves for not picking him up.

Guy went from a van with his dad as the mechanic to factory Husky and on the podium in 7 months WITHOUT Aldon.....damn!
Crush
7/11/2017 8:56am
Sodipop wrote:
Why would anyone be kicking themslelves? He's been solid but he's not doing anything spectacular.
I don't get this in MX.

The dude just got a podium and has had a few other top fives... 5th in points. He had NO ride at the beginning of the year, literally his Dad and him in a Van trying to make the most unpopular bike in the pits work in SX with no factory help.

Who the fuck is having a great year then? The 4 guys in front? Do the 35 odd behind suck balls?
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/11/2017 9:09am
zero....
now if he starts makin top 3 every race ... then probably...but....thats probably not going to happen.... unless... racers start bailin in front of him.
7/11/2017 9:11am
Doesn't Aldon work with the KTM boys? Deano is in amazing shape right now, probably a big reason as to why he's ripping and staying healthy. Aldons guys are made of glass.
Elite
7/11/2017 9:12am
Why do you want to see him on another bike? He has a great bike, given to him by a team that was willing to take a chance on him. What will Honda, KTM give him that husky wont?
Sodipop
7/11/2017 9:12am
Sodipop wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't get this in MX. The dude just got a podium and has had a few other top fives... 5th in points. He had NO...
I don't get this in MX.

The dude just got a podium and has had a few other top fives... 5th in points. He had NO ride at the beginning of the year, literally his Dad and him in a Van trying to make the most unpopular bike in the pits work in SX with no factory help.

Who the fuck is having a great year then? The 4 guys in front? Do the 35 odd behind suck balls?
I'm just saying we are seeing a lot of guys with suddenly impressive results because of how depleted the field is.
Acidreamer
7/11/2017 9:13am
Hes had 1 decent finish in years and people wonder why hes taken so long to be signed. Good points about canard. Give his ride to someone who doesnt miss races
RG1
7/11/2017 9:16am
I think Yamaha are probably kicking themselves for not picking him up when they had the chance, and KTM are probably looking at swapping him for Canard as not being the best move. He would've made a good fill in for Honda too after Roczen's injury.

I think the Husky move has been the best for him though. There wasn't much pressure on him when he signed and they are in the position to offer him another deal for next year
Sodipop
7/11/2017 9:16am
Acidreamer wrote:
Hes had 1 decent finish in years and people wonder why hes taken so long to be signed. Good points about canard. Give his ride to...
Hes had 1 decent finish in years and people wonder why hes taken so long to be signed. Good points about canard. Give his ride to someone who doesnt miss races
Wilson got paid good money to do the same thing on that bike for 2 years
davistld01
7/11/2017 10:09am
Crush wrote:
Ah, KTM? Let Dean go. Sign Trey. Trey has done 3 or 4 races? Dean has been great and could really get going now. Bonus, Bobby...
Ah, KTM?

Let Dean go.

Sign Trey.

Yeah...brain fart. Sorry.
davistld01
7/11/2017 10:10am
Doesn't Aldon work with the KTM boys? Deano is in amazing shape right now, probably a big reason as to why he's ripping and staying healthy...
Doesn't Aldon work with the KTM boys? Deano is in amazing shape right now, probably a big reason as to why he's ripping and staying healthy. Aldons guys are made of glass.
Yeah, Dungey shattered all the time didn't he?
St Ann More
7/11/2017 10:16am
Sodipop wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't get this in MX. The dude just got a podium and has had a few other top fives... 5th in points. He had NO...
I don't get this in MX.

Sodipop bashing Dean, nothing changes.
sickboy3636
7/11/2017 10:32am
Doesn't Aldon work with the KTM boys? Deano is in amazing shape right now, probably a big reason as to why he's ripping and staying healthy...
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah, Dungey shattered all the time didn't he?
Literally took the words outta my mouth. Guy trained possibly the most consistent and indestructable racer in modern history. Very dumb post ButteryWaffles.
sickboy3636
7/11/2017 10:37am
Sodipop wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't get this in MX.

Sodipop bashing Dean, nothing changes.
The kid has a race IQ of zero. He proves how little he knows about racing everytime he comes on here attempting to trash a pro. He goes undefeated in MX vs ATV every single season.......so anything less is subpar. #tool
Grieby54
7/11/2017 10:52am
Sodipop wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't get this in MX.

Hell is freezing over. I enjoyed this post and endorse it 100%.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/11/2017 10:53am
No all of them. He trains four guys at a time, three 450 and one 250 guy at the moment. Two on KTMs and two on Husqvarnas, Dean isn't one of them. Dean and the TLD boys (minus Jordon Smith at MTF and Sean Cantrell with Tyler Kalisiak) work with Tyla Rattray.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/11/2017 10:54am
Crush wrote:
Ah, KTM? Let Dean go. Sign Trey. Trey has done 3 or 4 races? Dean has been great and could really get going now. Bonus, Bobby...
Ah, KTM?

Let Dean go.

Sign Trey.

I was told a few times this year that Roger was pushed from above him to let Dean go and give Trey a shot.
aeffertz
7/11/2017 11:16am
Sodipop wrote:
Do you ever have any positivity?
davistld01
7/11/2017 11:17am
Crush wrote:
Ah, KTM?

Let Dean go.

Sign Trey.

ML512 wrote:
I was told a few times this year that Roger was pushed from above him to let Dean go and give Trey a shot.
So, Michael...purely your opinion...do you expect KTM to keep Canard for 2018?
mark911
7/11/2017 12:34pm
I was out at Milestone before the SX series and saw Dean. Other than his mechanic he looked all by himself sitting on the tailgate of a pickup truck. I figured I'd stop by and say hey. He was such a nice person but seemed a bit dejected. I told him anyone that can do the things I saw at Pala (in 11 I think) knows how to go fast and when he finds that comfort level again he'll be a real threat in the 450 class. Maybe he's feeling it again!
Motofinne
7/11/2017 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2017 12:40pm
Crush wrote:
Ah, KTM?

Let Dean go.

Sign Trey.

KTM absolutely.

I would argue that Treys year has been even worse than anything Dean performed for them. Dean got ACL injuries. Trey has been out all season with lots of different small ones.

But Husqvarna picking Dean up made up the mistake from Roger since it's basically the same company.

But anyways, the whole thing has worked out. Dean gambled on himself doing the privateer thing in the beginning and it payed off and he ended up on a factory Husky that is to 80% the same as the bike he rode in previous years.

It's been a great story and i'm so happy for him.
nc_mx_kid
7/11/2017 1:26pm
kudos to the boys in White for signing Dean Wilson , smart move and its benefiting everyone involved
kiwifan
7/11/2017 1:45pm
Well put yourself in their shoes, the guy has had a lot of injuries (like Trey) so therefore it would of been a risk hiring him, obviously it has paid off for the Rockstar team...hindsight and crystal ball gazing are easy eh?
downard254
7/11/2017 2:03pm
I remember the early rumor in SX was that Yamaha might give Chad's bike to Dean for the outdoors, but then the Husky deal came about, and well, the rest is history. I'd think Yamaha might be a little bummed that they missed the boat on that deal. Could have had him for cheap, and he's beating their top dog in the points.
davistld01
7/11/2017 2:14pm
downard254 wrote:
I remember the early rumor in SX was that Yamaha might give Chad's bike to Dean for the outdoors, but then the Husky deal came about...
I remember the early rumor in SX was that Yamaha might give Chad's bike to Dean for the outdoors, but then the Husky deal came about, and well, the rest is history. I'd think Yamaha might be a little bummed that they missed the boat on that deal. Could have had him for cheap, and he's beating their top dog in the points.
Yamaha might be bummed, but I'll bet Dean ain't. I doubt seriously that he could have the results he's had so far this year on that Yamaha...Chad's bike or not.

Post a reply to: Wonder how many teams kick themselves for not signing Wilson?

The Latest