"Women in moto dont get the reconition they deserve"

yz133rider
Meanwhile theres a whole segment dedicated to amateur no name women who ride on live tv lol
|
p0wn
3/24/2018 6:31pm
Jesus this thread is so stupid I think I lost a few brain cells. Did corky from life goes on start this thread?

They're trying to broaden the viewership demographic which will increase the fanbase of the sport. It's good for the sport.

The Shop

rmoto003
3/24/2018 6:35pm
b b buuutt my feelings!

MY FEELINGS!!
Y

F
E
E
L
I
N
G
S
!
!
Premixed112
3/24/2018 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 6:37pm
I really don't get why you guys give such a shit about that segment enough to bitch about it so much. Does it bother you that much that they have a few minute segment on a chick, or would you rather watch commercials with that time instead? Please help me understand.
KMC440
3/24/2018 6:41pm
p0wn wrote:
Jesus this thread is so stupid I think I lost a few brain cells. Did corky from life goes on start this thread? They're trying to...
Jesus this thread is so stupid I think I lost a few brain cells. Did corky from life goes on start this thread?

They're trying to broaden the viewership demographic which will increase the fanbase of the sport. It's good for the sport.
Holy shit a fucking Corky reference
jeffro503
3/24/2018 6:43pm
I didn't really care for the make up to mud segment at first , but I kinda dig it now. Support men , women , kids of every color....it's how we grow the sport. I dig moto chicks , as they usually seem to be the coolest chicks around. Can't beat that.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/24/2018 6:43pm
I really don't get why you guys give such a shit about that segment enough to bitch about it so much. Does it bother you that...
I really don't get why you guys give such a shit about that segment enough to bitch about it so much. Does it bother you that much that they have a few minute segment on a chick, or would you rather watch commercials with that time instead? Please help me understand.
If you think that segment is about chicks or trying to broaden the audience like the poster above you're both sadly mistaken.

That whole thing IS a commercial for Toyota.
Premixed112
3/24/2018 6:46pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If you think that segment is about chicks or trying to broaden the audience like the poster above you're both sadly mistaken. That whole thing IS...
If you think that segment is about chicks or trying to broaden the audience like the poster above you're both sadly mistaken.

Never said it wasn't a commercial for Toyota. That's obvious. I didn't much care for the warrior made thing last year, but you didn't hear a peep out of me complaining about it. It really makes you wonder what the motivation behind a lot of these complaints are..
agn5009
3/24/2018 6:49pm
I really don't get why you guys give such a shit about that segment enough to bitch about it so much. Does it bother you that...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If you think that segment is about chicks or trying to broaden the audience like the poster above you're both sadly mistaken. That whole thing IS...

As it should be if they're footin the bill.
Sully
3/24/2018 6:54pm
Someone commented in week 3 or 4 that the segment grabbed his daughter’s attention and actually got her to pay attention to moto. I’d call that a win.
PRM31
3/24/2018 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 7:00pm
I’m all for broadening the fan base. However, it is ironic to state they don’t get recognition while taking part in a weekly segment recognizing otherwise unremarkable women riders. No issue with it, just kind of humorous. A better way of phrasing it would be something to the effect of wanting to see more recognition for women riders with stories like this...

I’d like to see a segment on local racing around the country. The tracks, and a couple noteworthy riders perhaps. Maybe help boost local racing.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/24/2018 6:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Never said it wasn't a commercial for Toyota. That's obvious. I didn't much care for the warrior made thing last year, but you didn't hear a...
Never said it wasn't a commercial for Toyota. That's obvious. I didn't much care for the warrior made thing last year, but you didn't hear a peep out of me complaining about it. It really makes you wonder what the motivation behind a lot of these complaints are..
Personally I'd rather see other segments like the one we saw tonight on Cartwright or privateers, things like that. Things that are more relevant to the sport and the event but unfortunately Toyata pays big bucks to be part of the broadcast so we're stuck watching whatever marketing route they decided on.

They used to have things like the Racer X gas card and the Toyota privateer of the year award which got them a truck and something like 25k. My guess is the ROI was mininal if any and a segment like Make Up To Mud has a better return since more eyes get to see it.

Sucks but money makes the world go round.
Zoom
3/24/2018 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 7:01pm
I think some of you miss the point, because of the misspelled words...

While on a TV segment dedicated to woman's motocross giving women recognition, a woman motocrosser says, "we don't get the recognition we deserve"...
Paul333
3/24/2018 7:04pm
I guess this is Feld's attempt at being Social Justice Warrior PC, but its complete bullshit. Can anyone name a Female rider who hasn't gotten recognition? I can't

There have been numerous who have gotten far more attention than their actual speed/results demanded though. Merely because they are women.
yz133rider
3/24/2018 7:07pm
Paul333 wrote:
I guess this is Feld's attempt at being Social Justice Warrior PC, but its complete bullshit. Can anyone name a Female rider who hasn't gotten recognition...
I guess this is Feld's attempt at being Social Justice Warrior PC, but its complete bullshit. Can anyone name a Female rider who hasn't gotten recognition? I can't

There have been numerous who have gotten far more attention than their actual speed/results demanded though. Merely because they are women.
Last paragraph is the irony i was pointing out Thats all lol
es337
3/24/2018 7:08pm
Paul333 wrote:
I guess this is Feld's attempt at being Social Justice Warrior PC, but its complete bullshit. Can anyone name a Female rider who hasn't gotten recognition...

more like the oems are trying to sell more bikes
akillerwombat
3/24/2018 7:14pm
You guys realize they didn't film this today, right?

Shits been in the can for long before this season and "makeup to mud" started.
Skymx99
Fantasy
3202nd
3/24/2018 7:20pm
You may know better than me, but they were still asking for submissions for the last couple segments on the broadcast about a month ago. Idk how far out these were recorded.

With that being said, I'm all for the segment. It's been interesting and I don't get all the negative vibes about it. There will be complaints no matter what the segment is.
Joe512
3/24/2018 7:48pm
I think a lot of people misunderstand the segment as filler from the broadcasting guys. It's a paid for segment from Toyota, it's not there just to entertain YOU in between races. But you know what your right, forget paying sponsors who needs um. Fill that minute thirty with content catered to your exact liking because God forbid every minute of your day to day needs to be perfect and exactly what you want, if not then let's start a thread on vital about how to change the sport each week to adjust for what happened the week before.
3/24/2018 7:48pm
Skymx99 wrote:
You may know better than me, but they were still asking for submissions for the last couple segments on the broadcast about a month ago. Idk...
You may know better than me, but they were still asking for submissions for the last couple segments on the broadcast about a month ago. Idk how far out these were recorded.

With that being said, I'm all for the segment. It's been interesting and I don't get all the negative vibes about it. There will be complaints no matter what the segment is.
The call out for submissions is as much (actually more) about crowd/social media engagement than an actual search for programmable material.
3/24/2018 7:57pm
At least the chicks they've had on these segments haven't been hard on the eyes.

They COULD be recruiting Starbucks vegan barristas and teaching them to ride. Blink
Bry145
3/24/2018 7:58pm
I think if we want amateur motocross to be sustainable in the long run we will need to attract new riders/racers to replace the ones that are getting too old to ride. Adding more women could be a way to accomplish this.

If women want more recognition, we need to do away with female-only classes and let them run with boys and men.

Winning the women's class brings limited recognition because it is viewed as a "lesser class" due to lesser competition. If a young lady like the one featured in this segment was able to run mid-pack or better in the B or C class against males, that would bring a lot of recognition.

Having girls/women only racing girls/women will limit their potential. Racing males/faster racers will improve their skills. Society has taught us that men and women are now equals. As such, maybe they should be racing each other.

Vicky Golden created a lot of attention racing against the males. Following her lead could bring more recognition. But if we want to have a powder puff class and keep women on their own island, their recognition will be limited.
3/24/2018 7:59pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

My chick really digs the make up to mud segment. She is actullay now interested in riding and getting her own dirtbike, and I’ll give the segment a little bit of credit for providing some inspiration.
KMC440
3/24/2018 8:03pm
Bry ... there's nothing keeping any girl-woman-female from running any class that person is eligible for.
3/24/2018 8:22pm
I would rather watch "makeup to mud" during downtime of the live broadcast than paying for the livestream on the internet. Thank you Toyota.

Post a reply to: "Women in moto dont get the reconition they deserve"

The Latest