Wireless Caution Lights

stuckey301
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:56am
I'll go ahead and put up the SPAM alert:

But I wanted to put out the word about a system that myself and a couple other guys have built over the last year and a half. The overall goal of this Wireless Caution Lights system is to improve the safety at tracks that don't have flaggers for practice.

We designed a turn-key patent-pending package consisting of proprietary software, proprietary circuitry, some RF radios, and some LEDs. Throw the light towers out on the track and throw a guy up in the tower, and you can manage the whole track from a single location (up to a mile is easily supported).

I really think this system could prevent a bunch of injuries.

Thoughts?
I'll STFU now.
Tom

More info:
www.wirelesscautionlights.com
|
3/26/2009 8:33pm
i think this is a good way of going about this. but say you have a blind section where there are tree's or something, you may still need a few flaggers just to make sure, or if not flaggers, atleast spotters. but other than that i think its a great idea. well thought out for sure!
stuckey301
3/26/2009 8:47pm
Agree, completely blind sections would still need a flagger or two.

The pic is just a sample; the system will scale easily to 15 light towers. With a little different internals we can hit 255 light towers, no problem.

The Shop

drmarkr
3/26/2009 9:25pm
Welcome to Vitaldrive Tom! We need more zonies on here....

You know I'm a fan of your system! Our local track has a similar setup and it works outstanding. Glen Helen could run something like this very easily...probably with less than one handful of spotting towers/locations.
oldx
3/26/2009 9:35pm
Good idea.

Post a reply to: Wireless Caution Lights

The Latest