Winter Riding in the Northeast

Hey guys.. Looking to maybe check out some tracks down south a little ways once its gets cold here in the northeast. I'm from western NY and was wondering where you guys typically head in the colder months too ride. Ideally I wouldn't want to drive more than 7 hours but it seems like you have to in order to seek out decent track conditions/weather.
|
yz133rider
9/27/2022 11:54am
Hey guys.. Looking to maybe check out some tracks down south a little ways once its gets cold here in the northeast. I'm from western NY...
Hey guys.. Looking to maybe check out some tracks down south a little ways once its gets cold here in the northeast. I'm from western NY and was wondering where you guys typically head in the colder months too ride. Ideally I wouldn't want to drive more than 7 hours but it seems like you have to in order to seek out decent track conditions/weather.
Budds creek and tomahawk will typically find a way to be open when others can’t, keep an eye on those for options.

South fork and ncmp also further south.
9/27/2022 12:05pm
mototown in CT was a thing for awhile

you're going to have to take a few days off and head to the carolinas if you wanna ride in the winter
Broughton859
9/27/2022 12:46pm
NJ Field of Dreams pretty much stays open all year around if possible. If it gets too bad you can go farther south to Tomahawk or Budds. For indoors, you can do Switchback out near Pittsburg. I usually throw in a Wheel Mill visit on the same weekend and that's about as good as it gets for indoor fun when weather is shit

The Shop

cwel11
9/27/2022 12:49pm
Tomahawk if not too cold. West craven if you like sand. Weinarts also. We may try NCMP this year.
GG121
9/28/2022 12:29pm
NJ Field of Dreams pretty much stays open all year around if possible. If it gets too bad you can go farther south to Tomahawk or...
NJ Field of Dreams pretty much stays open all year around if possible. If it gets too bad you can go farther south to Tomahawk or Budds. For indoors, you can do Switchback out near Pittsburg. I usually throw in a Wheel Mill visit on the same weekend and that's about as good as it gets for indoor fun when weather is shit
From Western NY, Tomahawk is probably closer than Field of Dreams. But yeah Tomahawk and Budds are open year round as long as the track isn't covered in snow. Budds used to be open every single day but is now just open on weekends, definitely check their facebook because it seems they don't have a super consistent schedule now.
Kenny Lingus
9/28/2022 1:31pm
In the middle of winter 7 hours from Rochester will not be enough to find that good of weather. Fall/ Spring it would be and all the tracks listed are good. I'd recommend NCMP, personally. Dead of winter bite the bullet and head 2 days south. Monster mountain is a must.
geeZ177
9/28/2022 3:02pm
This is all good info, thanks boys. I too am from WNY and I typically snowmobile in winter. But with winters be crap here in NY, I am thinking more and more about a long weekend south to get some ride time in.
nh dude
9/28/2022 3:45pm
We rode Field of Dreams the day after Xmas in '21. Rode some dope NJ pine barren woods loops in February also
Diamond MX in Wareham MA formerly Wareham MX is open as much as possible in winter. its nice to do the 8 hours round trip for 1.5 hours of track time inthe winter lol.

If you are gonna drive far south GTR , Battery Park, Shoals and many of the above are within 3 hours of Ashville NC. May as well bring the xc mtb too...
Nairb#70
9/28/2022 6:59pm
You could always stud up and ride in the snow. Any thing over a foot makes it tough. Pre studded tires are also available to avoid the studding process. In the right conditions, it's tons of fun.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
9/29/2022 3:06am
Our local indoor place just built a huge new building, and turned the old building into a pit area.
Not what you are looking for, but others might find it interesting.
Route 62 MX in East Central Ohio

Post a reply to: Winter Riding in the Northeast

The Latest