Winning the Stability Cycle from Vital MX!

StevieTimes
1/26/2018 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2018 4:07pm
I was super psyched to win the lil' Stability Cycle from the Vital MX 12 Days of MXmas!
https://www.stacycstabilitycycle.com/product/12-edrive/

I have a four year old boy who is just the right size and has not yet started pedal bike riding.

I show you the joy to maybe help advertise for StaCyc or whatever, this was a super cool gift that I really appreciate.

Here is day 1:

The Kawasaki jacket wasn't included. This is right out of the box.

charger and battery:

The baby tiger wanted in on the photo shoot. Dude wants to show his beauty, dude shows it:

Just got into town, haven't unpacked, but felt it was important to assemble this bike in January in MN right now. Note the snake:

quckstart guide:

|
StevieTimes
1/26/2018 8:16pm
bars are on:

more long, complicated instructions to read (not):

looks bad-tush:

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/26/2018 8:20pm
Awesome!
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
1/26/2018 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 8:27pm
Win win! Got a bike and a cat!
Dcope17
1/26/2018 9:05pm
And a snake.

The Shop

StevieTimes
1/27/2018 11:26am
Day 2

a little shaky at first:

feet up:

I tried to embed video, doesn't work. He is doing great, although he already could push himself and coast "feet up" on a Strider before today.

My daughter is one year older, and she couldn't do it at all; but she's not strong with the balance of a Strider like he is. She is majorly training wheel dependent, and it will take longer for her to get it.

By the end of our first session, he was riding long stretches with his feet up. He's still not 100%, but hey, first session doing great. I put the bike on training mode (slowest speed), and it seems just fine for learning for him. We don't need it any faster for a while.

I am very happy and proud, thanks StaCyc!
Steve 396
1/27/2018 11:33am
Awesome and looks like he's having fun.
StevieTimes
1/27/2018 12:03pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Awesome and looks like he's having fun.
No. I was standing on the curb, holding a pit board that read "YOU SUCK", screaming at him to go faster. Then I pulled him over and berated him for five minutes. Yes, only five, I was feeling pretty good today.

I gave him the "2033 Supercross Champion" talk, made him stare into a photo of McGrath's eyes, and put him back on the bike.

Did I miss anything?

For real he loves it. I had to pry him off of it to give his sister a turn, and he jumped right back on it immediately after, even with her trying to convince him to do other activities.

MELTON139
Fantasy
3590th
1/27/2018 12:29pm
Lucky I was really hoping to win that lol just got my daughter a strider for her 2nd bday, maybe getting her one of those for Christmas and a pw the next Christmas!
jeffro503
1/27/2018 12:56pm
Awesome to hear that bike went to a great home and will be used extensively!!
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
1/27/2018 12:58pm
That is excellent and such a cool thing Steve, the Vital crew and sponsors do each year.
MotoChris
1/27/2018 1:11pm
That's awesome! Glad to hear that prize will bring y'all so much fun and family time together.
Don't forget to hold ur fist in the air like holding the throttle wide open when he goes by. I had a lot of practice doing that when my kids were younger. Actually...... I still do it every now and then. (My youngest is on a 125) lol
HenryA
1/27/2018 1:16pm
"the 2033 supercross champion talk" Hahahaha Laughing

Really cool to see that it landed at someone who actually is using it. Keep us updated when he starts jumping the doubles.
StevieTimes
1/27/2018 4:07pm
Final update for today.

I was really surprised, I take it back, we might be ready to move up a speed sooner than I expected. He went from "kinda timid to get on the throttle", to "pinned right away" in his second session on the bike. I almost wonder if a little more speed might help the stability too. The only thing is that he doesn't want to use the hand brake yet, he'd rather drag his feet to stop, so I'm a little worried about turning up the juice. We'll do some braking practice, then maybe turn it up.

I find myself not wanting to turn the throttle when the thing is off so I don't load up the carb. Old habits die hard.

I also found that when you pick it up, you notice the weight. When rolling it around, not at all. It carries the weight really well, like a normal balance bike.

I like that over there dad:

...but I am straight up sawing that guy's front wheel off:

Turning the switch on and off is super awesome fun too. It beeps when you switch it on:

Sequence of "wheels down" to "wheels up", easily:

BOOM!!!!!!!

(drops mic, walks away)
StevieTimes
2/27/2018 8:42pm
Stability Cycle Log, Stardate 20180227

It warmed up again, so we rode.

By "warmed up", I mean 45 degrees F.

Immediately it was apparent that it was now too slow. He kept trying to push it to go faster with his feet, holding it pinned. OK, time for medium speed. Where's the manual? How do I change speeds again? A quick search with my phone, sitting by the bike, and we were in medium speed.

Medium speed was good! He wasn't having trouble slowing down, even though he still was dragging his feet to do so. He was loving it.

Weeks passed. Yesterday and today, again around 45 degrees F, so out came his "motorcycle".

Yesterday it was clear that he had passed "medium" speed. Again, he was able to push it faster by helping with his feet, than "pinned" would push him. Wow, OK, time for "fastest"!

I remembered from last time (the process is easy); turn it off. Hold it pinned, turn it on. It will finally beep, let it finish its beeping completely. Then let off the gas, and hold it at one of three settings. It will beep; let off the gas, turn it off, turn it back on, boom, speed adjusted.

Wow, it is quick! It's faster than I can run now. It's no contest, although I'm not a very fast runner. Before, our races involved me patronizing him, pretending to run my fastest. Now, I cheat, and say "On your mark, get set" (I take off running first, then yell) "GO!". He still easily beats me.

When I first bumped it up, he rode down the street, wailing like a siren "WEEEEEE-DOOOOOOOOO-WEEEEEEEEEE-DOOOOOOOOOOO-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!". I could tell he was loving it.

It's been throttle-side down in the snow, ridden in the cold, and fallen over on its side several times. He's 4, mistakes are made. He crashed it into a snowbank trying to turn around too quickly. So far he hasn't gotten hurt at all, he laughed when he fell on it today. It's been great training; when he falls I let him figure out how to untangle himself and pick it back up.

Today he pulled up on the bars while suddenly opening the throttle, and wheelied onto some ice. It was awesome. Then he sat there and pinned it, spinning the rear tire, shooting snow behind him. I heaped praise, and as if he knew just what to say, he said "I'm digging a hole!"

Thanks Stacyc! We are so grateful, he is absolutely loving his motorcycle!

(for some reason, can't upload photos, will do another time)
Sully
2/27/2018 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 8:53pm
Definitely the kind of posts I like reading on here. I think it's hilarious that your first post said you "think slow speed will be good for awhile," but just a few of weeks later, and you're trying to figure out how to get it in high gear. Just goes to show, never underestimate the ability (and balls) of little kids. They always want to go faster.

Post a reply to: Winning the Stability Cycle from Vital MX!

The Latest