Windham will place second in SX

motowhore
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2012 7:39am
He moved way past Millsaps tonight, and is 2 points behind Hill. If he keeps riding like he is now, he will easily take second.

That is Fu@$in Awesome!
|
Hank_Thrill
4/17/2010 9:54pm
He could win it all with the rate the pros are dropping off.
Cook441
4/17/2010 9:59pm
not bad for a guy they wouldnt even interview at the press con A1.... talk about your typical media wrong move/regret
Crush
4/17/2010 10:12pm
I'd love to see K-W pull through, but would hate to see anymore injuries... It's bs...
oldx
4/17/2010 10:54pm
He's not on a factory bike, but he passed 2 factory Honda's on his was up to 2nd tonight.
How embarrassing for those kids.

The Shop

Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
4/17/2010 10:59pm
oldx wrote:
He's not on a factory bike, but he passed 2 factory Honda's on his was up to 2nd tonight.
Except for Canard hahaha
DanDunes818
4/17/2010 11:18pm
I wonder if when K-dub goes by someone when they're down he thinks "Yep that's why i didn't do that section"? Year in and year out KW is always damn close to the best in the world but has refused to ride over that edge it takes to carry the #1 plate but year after year he flies by unconscious kids on the ground that were riding over that edge. 16 years later the man still has a career in SX and is still one of the top 5 fastest SX racers in the world. Makes me wonder what's the better route to take. The KW route of always being close but not willing to take all the crazy chances or the other route of racing over the edge to be #1. RC of course is the exception to the fact that most riders(i.e JS) that ride over that edge spend as much time on the couch healing as they do racing and /or they experience a career ending early or they just get sick of injuries and lose their heart for it. IMO I'd rather be KW. There's something to be said for being able to live your dream as a world class racer for the better part of 20 yrs.

Congrats to KW on another great season of racing.
motowhore
4/18/2010 12:09am
Yeah, I think it is pretty funny that KW and Canard have done so well, while the Factory Honda riders have struggled. Remember, KW had a DNF mechanical earlier in the season. or he wold be well ahead of Hill now.
burnside
4/18/2010 3:35am
I wonder if when K-dub goes by someone when they're down he thinks "Yep that's why i didn't do that section"? Year in and year out...
I wonder if when K-dub goes by someone when they're down he thinks "Yep that's why i didn't do that section"? Year in and year out KW is always damn close to the best in the world but has refused to ride over that edge it takes to carry the #1 plate but year after year he flies by unconscious kids on the ground that were riding over that edge. 16 years later the man still has a career in SX and is still one of the top 5 fastest SX racers in the world. Makes me wonder what's the better route to take. The KW route of always being close but not willing to take all the crazy chances or the other route of racing over the edge to be #1. RC of course is the exception to the fact that most riders(i.e JS) that ride over that edge spend as much time on the couch healing as they do racing and /or they experience a career ending early or they just get sick of injuries and lose their heart for it. IMO I'd rather be KW. There's something to be said for being able to live your dream as a world class racer for the better part of 20 yrs.

Well said. KW is awesome.
burnside
4/18/2010 3:36am
oldx wrote:
Yaya wrote:
Except for Canard hahaha
Canard only got him cause he was on a factory bike ;-) haha
mccread
4/18/2010 6:27am
I wonder if when K-dub goes by someone when they're down he thinks "Yep that's why i didn't do that section"? Year in and year out...

Good Post, Kevin is a fantastic rider, great to see him still out there he is great to watch. I was watching the 125 nationals in 1996 yesterday and pretty amazing to think Kevin was battling Steve Lamson for wins then and now it is Ryan Dungey was was probably only 6 years old then lol

On talent alone he should have a championship- maybe even this championship, a think a mixture of what you say and a slight lack of self belieft has meant no titles. That and maybe he is an example of the theory nice guys don't win?
Cygnus
4/18/2010 6:33am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2010 7:43am

True. Unfortunately Short seems to be following this plan to.
zippy895
4/18/2010 7:39am
i can only imagine the green backs windham pulls in with all those second places over the years
motowhore
4/18/2010 11:50am
Kevin has been on a mission starting in Houston, he reminds me of his boss, Larocket.
Like a cockroach, you just cant take him down!
Nikhil
4/18/2010 12:14pm
No, Dungey won the championship this weekend. With RV out with a broken leg, it's mathematically impossible for anyone to catch him.
motowhore
4/18/2010 12:28pm
Honda needs to reassess their team,,,, since the "B " Team (Geico) handed the factory team their ass this year.
Canard and KW...... Nice job!
manering
4/18/2010 12:59pm
those geico hondas must be dialed, kevin said they were better with stk fc revalved suspension than the factory showa stuff.
looks like fc have got the new honda working real good this year.

Post a reply to: Windham will place second in SX

The Latest