Windham: summer family vacation postponed?

ocscottie
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:19pm
He was on the Pulpmx show tonight and was dropping some fairly cryptic hints, could "The Most Interesting Man in Motocross" be postponing his summer family vacation and staying around? I sure hope the hell it is so!!!

He might have the #14 on his bike, but he is clearly #1 in the hearts of the fans!
|
the_wood109
6/20/2011 11:04pm
I would sacrifice 1,000 puppies to see Kdub win another championship. It probably wouldn't help, but it might be worth a shot.

The Shop

ocscottie
6/20/2011 11:10pm
No shit wood, hell i would trade my left foot! i dont need the damn thing, it just gets in my way Cool
jeffro503
6/20/2011 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2011 11:13pm
Damn.....I missed the show. What did he say " exactly"?........he made it sound like he may do the remaining rounds???? WoohooWoohooWoohoo

That would be friggin' sweet!
dirtnapper
6/20/2011 11:13pm
I would sacrifice 1,000 puppies to see Kdub win another championship. It probably wouldn't help, but it might be worth a shot.
But how many deer would you have sex with?
ocscottie
6/20/2011 11:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Damn.....I missed the show. What did he say " exactly"?........he made it sound like he may do the remaining rounds???? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: That would be...
Damn.....I missed the show. What did he say " exactly"?........he made it sound like he may do the remaining rounds???? WoohooWoohooWoohoo

That would be friggin' sweet!
Jeff, the archive is already up, go have a listen, the KW segment isnt that long:

http://www.pulpmx.com/pulpmx-show/2011/06/pulpmx-show-jun-20-kevin-wind…

*btw: you can d'load the MP3 file and ffwd to his segment, then you can skip all the mindless jibber jabber. Laughing
the_wood109
6/20/2011 11:30pm
dirtnapper wrote:
But how many deer would you have sex with?
Not as many as that Canadian guy that hates MC and Stewart.
Ozy
6/21/2011 12:36am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2011 12:58am
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kevin decides to keep racing this summer . . .

this is great stuff:
kdub_14 Kevin Windham
Anybody care to guess what I'm doing this weekend?
6 hours ago

CRtwotwo Chad Reed
"@kdub_14: Anybody care to guess what I'm doing this weekend?"Racing you know you love it!Smile
6 hours ago

RickyCarmichael Ricky Carmichael
@
@kdub_14 partaking in some adult beverages??
6 hours ago

kdub_14 Kevin Windham
@RickyCarmichael @CRtwotwo one of you are right. Ones not
6 hours ago

CRtwotwo Chad Reed
@
@kdub_14 @RickyCarmichael damn it! did I lose to the GOAT again? Lol
5 hours ago
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/21/2011 4:24am
I'd be very surprised to see him racing this weekend, but he seemed to be leaving the door open to more (maybe with the exception of Southwick) when talking about it at Budds Creek.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/21/2011 4:27am
He might as well race. What else does he have to do? His kids aren't that old.
Racer92
6/21/2011 6:17am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2011 6:18am
burn1986 wrote:
Exactly the reason to be with them as much as possible, in a twinkling they will be gone.
calimxer91
6/21/2011 6:30am
Bring them to the track.I'm begging the powers that be,to keep him out there racing!
Camp332
6/21/2011 6:34am
I am hoping so. Come on KDub! New Jersey needs you bro
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
6/21/2011 6:35am
I think at Budds Creek the racing bug bit him. He was finally on pace with the top guys and I think that motivated him.

Deep down he's a racer and that's what happens to racers - they don't like leaving when they start doing well.
jmar
6/21/2011 6:36am
burn1986 wrote:
Kevin has been racing at an extreme level since he was around eight years old. He's missed out on a lot of things in life because of this. So to get back to you question of "What else does he have to do"?

Enjoy all those things that he's missed out on for so many years. There is much more to life than racing.
DC
6/21/2011 6:37am
Like Guy B., I would have been surprised to see him back again this summer, but after his great second moto at Budds Creek, he might just surprise us all by showing up for more. Like Reed said, he does love it!

Fingers crossed.

DC
MX Sports
newmann
6/21/2011 7:18am
If Honda doesn't have anything for him to ride, there's a empty seat over at Moto Concepts isn't there? Would be funny to see old man Windham put in some impressive rides on that supposed killing machine. (sarcasm alert...)
IWreckALot
6/21/2011 7:36am
jmar wrote:
Kevin has been racing at an extreme level since he was around eight years old. He's missed out on a lot of things in life because...
Kevin has been racing at an extreme level since he was around eight years old. He's missed out on a lot of things in life because of this. So to get back to you question of "What else does he have to do"?

Enjoy all those things that he's missed out on for so many years. There is much more to life than racing.
Completely agree with this. Either way, he won't make the wrong decision. If he decides to stay and race, I hope he doesn't injure himself. I want to see him last until his goal of 2014 even if it means he races SX only. I think he still has a better shot at a title in SX.
KAWboy14
6/21/2011 7:41am
jmar wrote:
Kevin has been racing at an extreme level since he was around eight years old. He's missed out on a lot of things in life because...

IWreckALot wrote:
Completely agree with this. Either way, he won't make the wrong decision. If he decides to stay and race, I hope he doesn't injure himself. I...
Completely agree with this. Either way, he won't make the wrong decision. If he decides to stay and race, I hope he doesn't injure himself. I want to see him last until his goal of 2014 even if it means he races SX only. I think he still has a better shot at a title in SX.
what did he miss out on, if he was doing want he wanted to do?

ohhh he should have been home playing with transformer models and picking out a tux for prom? booooorrrrrring!
jmar
6/21/2011 7:49am
jmar wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Completely agree with this. Either way, he won't make the wrong decision. If he decides to stay and race, I hope he doesn't injure himself. I...
KAWboy14 wrote:
what did he miss out on, if he was doing want he wanted to do? ohhh he should have been home playing with transformer models and...
what did he miss out on, if he was doing want he wanted to do?

ohhh he should have been home playing with transformer models and picking out a tux for prom? booooorrrrrring!
Clearly words from someone that has no idea about what it takes to race at the top amateur or pro level.

Both engulf your entire life.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
6/21/2011 7:53am
There will be plenty of time to vacation after you retire. Right now it is time to race, Kev.
6/21/2011 8:04am
listening now. sounds like kevin wants to give supercross hell in 2012. and why not? he almost won 2 races. chad won 2 races and almost won the series. i think its still a reality for kevin to win a sx championship.
MT MX
6/21/2011 8:32am
If he continues the Nationals, I just kind of wonder if he's doing it for the Geico Honda team. Think about, if he keeps helping Honda out this summer (again), maybe Honda will fork over some more support to them for the future. Not that Geico Honda is doing that bad, but with the economy and it always seems like they want a 450 rider. K Dubs got a few more years and he's establishing the foundation for their future. When I think of all the riders who've riden Honda's, the first one that comes to mind is K Dub. Regardless, he's an awesome ambassador for our sport!
Ride154
6/21/2011 8:39am
Another reason I like Windham, via his twitter...

kdub_14 : I don't know what every else did today but I made a scare crow to keep the damn birds off my tomatoes
6/21/2011 8:45am
MT MX wrote:
If he continues the Nationals, I just kind of wonder if he's doing it for the Geico Honda team. Think about, if he keeps helping Honda...
If he continues the Nationals, I just kind of wonder if he's doing it for the Geico Honda team. Think about, if he keeps helping Honda out this summer (again), maybe Honda will fork over some more support to them for the future. Not that Geico Honda is doing that bad, but with the economy and it always seems like they want a 450 rider. K Dubs got a few more years and he's establishing the foundation for their future. When I think of all the riders who've riden Honda's, the first one that comes to mind is K Dub. Regardless, he's an awesome ambassador for our sport!
"When I think of all the riders who've riden Honda's, the first one that comes to mind is K Dub."

Seriously? K-Dub is a good dude and all, but c'mon....
jeffro503
6/21/2011 8:48am
I'm LMFAO at those twitter replies by CR and RC!

Whatever Kevin decides to do this summer......I just hope he has fun doing it. I'd love to see him out there racing , but I'd be happy to see him having fun with his family and keeping us entertained on the twitter updates!

Post a reply to: Windham: summer family vacation postponed?

The Latest