Windham in for Puerto Rico MXoN!

DPW
8/20/2018 1:57pm
This for real...Kevin Windham racing at MXoN?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/20/2018 1:58pm
731chopper wrote:
Talk about a wet blanket if he has to ride a 4-stroke.
You can’t just be happy that he’s racing? It has to be on your terms?
philG
8/20/2018 2:01pm
What about Great Britain and Argentina both fielding teams from the Falkland Islands? That could get real interesting. Evil
Now that is some other level shit... like your style.
RG1
8/20/2018 2:13pm
What about Great Britain and Argentina both fielding teams from the Falkland Islands? That could get real interesting. Evil
philG wrote:
Now that is some other level shit... like your style.
If we go the same route as Puerto Rico's effort the team would be Malin, Thorpe and Marradona

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/20/2018 2:33pm
731chopper wrote:
Talk about a wet blanket if he has to ride a 4-stroke.
GuyB wrote:
Well to be fair the whole Puerto Rico thing was advertised with 2 strokes. The shirts, logo, video, etc.

Personally I think it's cool he'll be out there but I also think it would be a lot cooler if he was on a smoker.

Either way it'll be a treat to see him rip it up again.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
8/20/2018 2:35pm
GuyB wrote:
My terms? Sorry for being excited about seeing a legend back on an awesome 2-stroke, I guess.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/20/2018 2:36pm
There were some unrealistic promises from the very beginning. (Like Ronnie's participation.) That's why I suggested early on to get your orders in, as some of that stuff was going to be collectible because it was never going to happen as advertised.
plowboy
8/20/2018 2:52pm
GuyB wrote:
There were some unrealistic promises from the very beginning. (Like Ronnie's participation.) That's why I suggested early on to get your orders in, as some of...
There were some unrealistic promises from the very beginning. (Like Ronnie's participation.) That's why I suggested early on to get your orders in, as some of that stuff was going to be collectible because it was never going to happen as advertised.
Lol x infinity.
8/20/2018 2:56pm
Wow this awesome if it happens! Would love to be there, never got to see him race in person.
ATKpilot99
8/20/2018 3:02pm
GuyB wrote:
There were some unrealistic promises from the very beginning. (Like Ronnie's participation.) That's why I suggested early on to get your orders in, as some of...
It's still kind of hard to believe honestly, Windham and Pastrana racing at the highest level at this point.
plowboy
8/20/2018 3:02pm
I wonder if somewhere near Centerville Mississippi a brush hog has started clearing off a long neglected track. I have no doubt that if Kevin gets in some good seat time he will be a-ok on race day. Not being stupid here...they don't stand a chance in hell but they might just sneak into the show. Probably depends on Pastrami's gimp legs more than anything.
plowboy
8/20/2018 3:05pm
Wow this awesome if it happens! Would love to be there, never got to see him race in person.
You missed it bro.. KW was Mr. Smoothie.
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
8/20/2018 3:07pm
Moto96 wrote:
This is at least better than people wanting to turn the event into a mish mash of riders and countries with names like Reed and Marvin...
This is at least better than people wanting to turn the event into a mish mash of riders and countries with names like Reed and Marvin. It defeats the whole point of the race.

For example, Tasmania, an isolated island state off Australia’s south coast belonging to Aus.. Reed can ride for them since Aus didn't want him.
The remaining seven territories are classified as external territories including Australian Antarctic Territory, which is Australia's claim to part of Antarctica.

The Islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint-Martin, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint Pierre and Miquelon (Atlantic Ocean) Reunion island, Mayotte, the French Southern and Antarctic Lands (Indian Ocean) French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna (Pacific Ocean) are all Frances territories.

Marvin Can ride for one of those.

Tasmania is part of Australia you potato.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
8/20/2018 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 3:22pm
And now replace Sipes for RC on a smoker. The internet would blowing up.
GuyB wrote:
Like RV, RC was asked about his potential participation early on. He declined.
Would TP199 have committed to the race if RC4 was on the team?

Also, I think I remember TP199 saying once his family was from PR. Do I remember that correctly?
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
8/20/2018 3:22pm
tcannon521 wrote:
Hopefully his fitness is better than the last time he raced in the legends race. He ran out of fitness way before RC did during that...
Hopefully his fitness is better than the last time he raced in the legends race. He ran out of fitness way before RC did during that quick sprint race.
Timo_2824 wrote:
If I remember correctly, he got a flat tire. Fitness wasn't the issue. That and RC is an animal...
You are remembering incorrectly. I’m attaching the race so you can check out what was really a cool race!

Ironman
ruskymx
8/20/2018 4:05pm
GuyB wrote:
That's what I did! It will be cool to have in my basement with my jersey collection and other moto memorabilia. I'll buy some of the updated stuff with KDub on it as well.
plowboy
8/20/2018 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2018 4:08pm
tcannon521 wrote:
Hopefully his fitness is better than the last time he raced in the legends race. He ran out of fitness way before RC did during that...
Hopefully his fitness is better than the last time he raced in the legends race. He ran out of fitness way before RC did during that quick sprint race.
Timo_2824 wrote:
If I remember correctly, he got a flat tire. Fitness wasn't the issue. That and RC is an animal...
tcannon521 wrote:
You are remembering incorrectly. I’m attaching the race so you can check out what was really a cool race!

Ironman
Not sure what year it was but Emig got a flat at the legends race at Ironman...I was there. Don't know about Windham...he wasn't there that year.
TDeath21
8/20/2018 4:11pm
I hate this Team Puerto Rico loophole personally. Always have. Always will. Unless it’s people that are actually from there. But I’m glad they’re raising money for a good cause and it’ll be cool to see Pastrana and Windham out there.
mark_swart
8/20/2018 4:26pm
I've given this all some time to sink in, and I really can't get past my first conclusion. It's dumb and it's creating an egotistical sideshow at what should be the most prestigious event in our sport. This is SO not about Puerto Rico.
ShipLap
8/20/2018 4:53pm
Now I'm going to have to get a new team Puerto Rico t shirt.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In the land known as America where people sue people over stupid shit all the time you could probably sue them for false advertising. Win the...
In the land known as America where people sue people over stupid shit all the time you could probably sue them for false advertising.

Win the case, donate to Puerto Rico.
I'm in, let's do this. I will donate a large percentage, but a reasonable amount will come back to me for my legal fees, emotional distress...
I'm in, let's do this. I will donate a large percentage, but a reasonable amount will come back to me for my legal fees, emotional distress, lost wages, etc.
Don't forget "Loss of love . . ."
FIREfish148
8/20/2018 5:06pm
k-dub on a two stroke brings back memories of washougal 2001. he put on an absolute clinic.
Moto96
8/20/2018 5:13pm
Kdub on a 4 stroke is just Kdub on a 4 stroke. Most people wont even know who he even is. (Alot barely know McGrath)
Matthes asked some young racer on his show if he knew who MC was and the response was something like "I've heard of him"

If KDubs on a 2 stroke, people will look. No matter where he's running.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
8/20/2018 6:04pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
tcannon521 wrote:

Ironman
plowboy wrote:
Not sure what year it was but Emig got a flat at the legends race at Ironman...I was there. Don't know about Windham...he wasn't there that...
Not sure what year it was but Emig got a flat at the legends race at Ironman...I was there. Don't know about Windham...he wasn't there that year.
Emig has a flat during the race I posted
8/20/2018 6:07pm
mark_swart wrote:
I've given this all some time to sink in, and I really can't get past my first conclusion. It's dumb and it's creating an egotistical sideshow...
I've given this all some time to sink in, and I really can't get past my first conclusion. It's dumb and it's creating an egotistical sideshow at what should be the most prestigious event in our sport. This is SO not about Puerto Rico.
I get it with ronnie, but with Windam, Travis and Ryan, i would hardly call that team a joke. All are accomplished racers.
make1go
8/20/2018 6:08pm
kb228 wrote:
Wheres that guy that said theyll have a way to make “ronnie mac” happen??

Fake name, old bike, a joke in general...
and the whole pr team in the mxdn isnt?

it is to nearly everyone outside the usa.
Moto96
8/20/2018 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 8:17am
My money is on Pastrana not being able to race due to injury and Reed subbing in.
BobKerr wrote:
This
Reed can race for Tasmania, or any number of Aussies 6 or 7 external states.

America should use Americans. Otherwise you defeat the whole point of the race. The MXDN just becomes another race once you start mixing and matching countries and riders.

Puerto Rico has always been a side show anyway in the eyes of many since the start of the loophole.
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
8/20/2018 7:03pm
Moto96 wrote:
Reed can race for Tasmania, or any number of Aussies 6 or 7 external states. America should use Americans. Otherwise you defeat the whole point of...
Reed can race for Tasmania, or any number of Aussies 6 or 7 external states.

America should use Americans. Otherwise you defeat the whole point of the race. The MXDN just becomes another race once you start mixing and matching countries and riders.

Puerto Rico has always been a side show anyway in the eyes of many since the start of the loophole.
Tasmania is a state of the commonwealth of Australia. Sitting members of the Australian parliament are from Tasmanian electorates. Why do you keep acting like Tasmania is a similar situation to Puerto Rico? It's not like Hawaii could enter a team yknow.
wreckitrandy
8/20/2018 7:14pm
Moto96 wrote:
This is at least better than people wanting to turn the event into a mish mash of riders and countries with names like Reed and Marvin...
This is at least better than people wanting to turn the event into a mish mash of riders and countries with names like Reed and Marvin. It defeats the whole point of the race.

For example, Tasmania, an isolated island state off Australia’s south coast belonging to Aus.. Reed can ride for them since Aus didn't want him.
The remaining seven territories are classified as external territories including Australian Antarctic Territory, which is Australia's claim to part of Antarctica.

The Islands of Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint-Martin, Saint-Barthélemy, Saint Pierre and Miquelon (Atlantic Ocean) Reunion island, Mayotte, the French Southern and Antarctic Lands (Indian Ocean) French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna (Pacific Ocean) are all Frances territories.

Marvin Can ride for one of those.

I posted a similar notion in Gibby's "What if" thread hoping someone would pick up on the Steve Rizzo angle... I can't work a computer. Go to youtube, Steve Rizzo the Falkland Islands.

Post a reply to: Windham in for Puerto Rico MXoN!

The Latest