Wilson's future

make1go
8/10/2018 5:25pm
Sacko wrote:
Side note... Webb signed without even riding the bike... risky business
mjr119 wrote:
Not sure which is more strange. Him signing with KTM before riding the bike.... or him re-signing with Yamaha after riding the Yamaha 450...
strange is you think the basic platform of any manu is bad..

you do notice how often a rider mentions we made some xhanges and it made the difference, now keep in mind that doesnt mean they changed bikes .....
colonel
8/11/2018 7:10am
Sacko wrote:
Side note... Webb signed without even riding the bike... risky business
mjr119 wrote:
Not sure which is more strange. Him signing with KTM before riding the bike.... or him re-signing with Yamaha after riding the Yamaha 450...
make1go wrote:
strange is you think the basic platform of any manu is bad.. you do notice how often a rider mentions we made some xhanges and it...
strange is you think the basic platform of any manu is bad..

you do notice how often a rider mentions we made some xhanges and it made the difference, now keep in mind that doesnt mean they changed bikes .....
Webb issue wasn't the bike, it was Webb. I hope I'm wrong but I dont see a massive turn around if he goes to KTM. Roger and Aldon dont take crap if he does do the whole Aldon vibe.
8/11/2018 7:31am
BOOM!!!

The Shop

jbrown15
8/11/2018 10:07am
[i][b]BOOM!!![/b][/i] More rumors: Seems like the Webb to KTM is done (bought house in Clermont), Plessinger to ride 450's full-time beside Barcia & Rockstar Husky keeping...
BOOM!!!

That would be awesome on both accounts if Wilson gets to stay with Husky on a third bike and AP moves up too 450. The only thing that would make it even better is if AP picks number 7 as his career number!....lol
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
8/11/2018 10:26am
I can't believe Yamaha wouldn't want those #1 plates being ran next year, crazy.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/11/2018 10:32am
Where does that put Nicoletti? Back as backup rider at JGR?
jbrown15
8/11/2018 11:23am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
or maybe as a backup at Husky for either 250 or 450?.....lol
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/11/2018 11:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
jbrown15 wrote:
or maybe as a backup at Husky for either 250 or 450?.....lol
Possibly but they haven't bought in that business plan yet.
davistld01
8/11/2018 11:53am
Here’s a tweet by Matthes today...

“More rumors: Seems like the Webb to KTM is done (bought house in Clermont), Plessinger to ride 450's full-time beside Barcia & Rockstar Husky keeping Dean O w third 450 (beside 21 & Wacko)”

Hope he’s right about Dean.
jbrown15
8/11/2018 1:13pm
With the rate at which riders get hurt I really wish more of the factory teams would run a third rider. I mean in the grand scheme of things how much would it really cost? The teams are already at the races with the rigs, just pay the third rider a fill in rider salary and have good performance bonuses. So all it would really cost is another mechanic, a bike or two and parts.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/11/2018 1:17pm
jbrown15 wrote:
With the rate at which riders get hurt I really wish more of the factory teams would run a third rider. I mean in the grand...
With the rate at which riders get hurt I really wish more of the factory teams would run a third rider. I mean in the grand scheme of things how much would it really cost? The teams are already at the races with the rigs, just pay the third rider a fill in rider salary and have good performance bonuses. So all it would really cost is another mechanic, a bike or two and parts.
Costs a few hundred grand to have a 3rd rider. Not cheap.
Premix
8/11/2018 2:06pm
jbrown15 wrote:
With the rate at which riders get hurt I really wish more of the factory teams would run a third rider. I mean in the grand...
I bet you like Bernie Sanders
jbrown15
8/11/2018 10:58pm
jbrown15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah that probably sounds about right. What are mechanics on the factory teams getting paid these days? $50,000 to $60,000 a year?
jbrown15
8/11/2018 11:00pm
jbrown15 wrote:
Premix wrote:
I bet you like Bernie Sanders
Who?....lol

I'm from Canada so I don't give a flying F@&k about Bernie Sanders.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/12/2018 12:07am
jbrown15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
jbrown15 wrote:
Yeah that probably sounds about right. What are mechanics on the factory teams getting paid these days? $50,000 to $60,000 a year?
I would guess that's about right. More if you're a top/championship mechanic.

Unrelated: Are you guys heading to Walton? Saw that Cycle North was bringing a whole bunch of bikes from the West coast.
jbrown15
8/12/2018 12:16am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
jbrown15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I would guess that's about right. More if you're a top/championship mechanic. Unrelated: Are you guys heading to Walton? Saw that Cycle North was bringing a...

Unrelated: Are you guys heading to Walton? Saw that Cycle North was bringing a whole bunch of bikes from the West coast.
We aren't, I just couldn't swing it this year. But all of my son's buddies are on their way. If you go keep an eye out on #10 in 50's, Little Braxton is fast, #58 Blake just got back from a 14th overall at Loretta's this year in 65 and he's crazy fast on his 85, and #170 Julien, he's racing Supermini and a couple classes on the big bikes 125's and a 250 2-stroke. Julien is a special kid on two wheels, he's 13 and he rides those bikes wide open everywhere.

All of the kids that went are really fast, I wouldn't be surprised to see more than one of them to win a championship there next week.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/12/2018 12:55am
jbrown15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I would guess that's about right. More if you're a top/championship mechanic. Unrelated: Are you guys heading to Walton? Saw that Cycle North was bringing a...

jbrown15 wrote:
We aren't, I just couldn't swing it this year. But all of my son's buddies are on their way. If you go keep an eye out...
We aren't, I just couldn't swing it this year. But all of my son's buddies are on their way. If you go keep an eye out on #10 in 50's, Little Braxton is fast, #58 Blake just got back from a 14th overall at Loretta's this year in 65 and he's crazy fast on his 85, and #170 Julien, he's racing Supermini and a couple classes on the big bikes 125's and a 250 2-stroke. Julien is a special kid on two wheels, he's 13 and he rides those bikes wide open everywhere.

All of the kids that went are really fast, I wouldn't be surprised to see more than one of them to win a championship there next week.
Just like the previous year the event will be streamed throughout the week so I'm going to try and catch as much of the racing as possible.

Pro Classes

450: I think Colton has got it locked.
250: With only 3 points separating Pettis and Crown it's anyone's game. Really hope Pettis pulls it off.
jbrown15
8/12/2018 1:17am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:
We aren't, I just couldn't swing it this year. But all of my son's buddies are on their way. If you go keep an eye out...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just like the previous year the event will be streamed throughout the week so I'm going to try and catch as much of the racing as...
Just like the previous year the event will be streamed throughout the week so I'm going to try and catch as much of the racing as possible.

Pro Classes

250: With only 3 points separating Pettis and Crown it's anyone's game. Really hope Pettis pulls it off.
Yeah I agree Colton has it on lock down, and I really hope Pettis wins it and I do think he will. We get to see him racing Arenacross out here every year.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/12/2018 1:45am
jbrown15 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just like the previous year the event will be streamed throughout the week so I'm going to try and catch as much of the racing as...

Pro Classes

jbrown15 wrote:
Yeah I agree Colton has it on lock down, and I really hope Pettis wins it and I do think he will. We get to see...
Yeah I agree Colton has it on lock down, and I really hope Pettis wins it and I do think he will. We get to see him racing Arenacross out here every year.
Sadly I think Colton will be walking into the sunset after grabbing his 5th title. If he captures the 100k at the end of the year I think it's a safe bet to say that's all she wrote folks.

Pettis works his ass off and has been getting better every year so really hoping he grabs the title. If he does, that'll be back to back titles for the MX101 Yamaha team. Home team for me so that's a bonus. Also hoping to see Pettis line up for some more SX in 2019. He did good this year.

Sorry for the slight thread derail.

Carry on now...
willie838
8/12/2018 1:50am
I hope Dean can put together a healthy year. He can easily finish top 5 and is a threat to win a race with a solid start.

Nobody has suffered more setbacks that I can think of..... Has suffered silently outside of the spotlight for this sport. I'd love to see his sacrifices and enduring spirit prevail in one more day in the sun.... Because the kid has heart.

Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
8/12/2018 2:20am
I’d rather see Phil at Husky than Deano tbh
Dougy1
8/12/2018 2:58am
Kelz87 wrote:
I’d rather see Phil at Husky than Deano tbh
Is that based on skills or purely because you like Phil. Btw how old is Phil out of interest?

Post a reply to: Wilson's future

The Latest