Wilson to MX2 MXGP?!

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 7/15/2013 10:07am
There are some strong rumors on Radio Paddock that Dean Wilson and Monster Energy are preparing an attack on Red Bull and Jeffrey Herlings...

Its possible he is still young enough for the age limit, he is also fast enough. There are 3 Monster Energy teams in the MX2 class.

Monster Energy Yamaha Dixon
Monster Energy Yamaha Rinaldi
Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki CLS

Normally that last team is already full but if Monster is paying for Wilson then there is a probably still a place free...
|
jo2910
7/12/2013 9:55am
I would thing they would go after Cairoli. I don't see Dean dropping back to 250 he's quite a big guy. It would be a bit of a risk marketing wise as well if he finishes top 3 450 it would be good still leanring the big bike but if he gets beat by Herlings that wouldn't be a good story.

Don't think he could beat Herlings actually for the championship. Definetly has the speed but would need a few races to adapt and those KTM are crazy fast!
CrashMaster
7/12/2013 10:05am
Ol' Deano would get crushed by Herlings! Nuff said... Whistling
RedRum666
7/12/2013 10:06am
Doubtful.... Deano is having a hard enough time over hear in the states- No ride for 2014 yet or was he already slated to be on PC.?... being off the track as long as he has the past year and a half and based off his few performances on the 450s, he would have some serious work to do....Plus, I agree he has outgrown the 250 and is simply a step backwards...
onthepipe
7/12/2013 10:08am
I like Deano, But no chance in hell he would beat Herlings for the championship.

The Shop

DrSweden
7/12/2013 10:15am
Ol' Deano would get crushed by Herlings! Nuff said... Whistling
Dunno if crushed is the right word, but based on present status, he needs time adjust to any circumstances. It would be amazing he tried the GPs, would be such a nice addition to the series. Just like any top dog going to US, in equal manner I think he needs time to adjust, going MX2 first should be the right starter. I would think it would be stupid to do MX1 since his performance in 450 in US hasn't really made him stand out and the transition will add to the pressure.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
7/12/2013 10:17am
I hate to say this. But I dont know that we will ever see Deano back on point like he was in 2011. I hope that we will. But it seems like when kids lose that humility is about the same time they get taught a life lesson about why its important to be humble. He has had some seriously bad luck over the last 2 years and that is very very hard to bounce back from at the elite level.
peelout
7/12/2013 10:22am
onthepipe wrote:
I like Deano, But no chance in hell he would beat Herlings for the championship.
oh yeah... because Herlings could beat ANY of the top 250 guys in the states in a championship?

fuckin' DREAM ON troll
englishman
7/12/2013 10:56am
onthepipe wrote:
peelout wrote:
oh yeah... because Herlings could beat ANY of the top 250 guys in the states in a championship?

fuckin' DREAM ON troll
For a rider to race a series on tracks they haven't ridden before in a format they haven't raced before and beat a kid who is totally dominating and has absolute belief in his ability to win every race he enters would be hard, no ?
DC
7/12/2013 11:01am
Wilson has a two-year deal with Mitch for here in the states.

DC
MX Sports
peelout
7/12/2013 11:02am
onthepipe wrote:
peelout wrote:

fuckin' DREAM ON troll
englishman wrote:
For a rider to race a series on tracks they haven't ridden before in a format they haven't raced before and beat a kid who is...
For a rider to race a series on tracks they haven't ridden before in a format they haven't raced before and beat a kid who is totally dominating and has absolute belief in his ability to win every race he enters would be hard, no ?
exactly my point. get it?
englishman
7/12/2013 11:09am
peelout wrote:

fuckin' DREAM ON troll
englishman wrote:
For a rider to race a series on tracks they haven't ridden before in a format they haven't raced before and beat a kid who is...
peelout wrote:
Yes, I thought the guy you were responding to was clanking on about Dean going over there ?

I think either guy , Dean going over there or Jeffrey coming over here , would be up there after a years learning experience.
peelout
7/12/2013 11:29am
englishman wrote:
peelout wrote:
englishman wrote:
Yes, I thought the guy you were responding to was clanking on about Dean going over there ? I think either guy , Dean going over...
Yes, I thought the guy you were responding to was clanking on about Dean going over there ?

I think either guy , Dean going over there or Jeffrey coming over here , would be up there after a years learning experience.
exactly.

that's like me gloating that if Jeffrey came here, our guys would crush him... no shit.

give them some learning time (Roczen and Musquin) and i have no doubt they would be threats (Herlings or Wilson).

but it's a moot point as Wilson isn't going anywhere and it seems as though Herlings is going to stay in Europe
MXMattii
7/12/2013 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2013 12:01pm
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Always nice that someone who knows the facts, also wanna share the facts! Thanks
berno929
Fantasy
2511th
7/12/2013 12:07pm
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
False! I thought so too but he said it himself right here a few days back; http://mxpmag.com/mxp-chatter-dean-wilson/

Q: Are you signed for 2014 or do you have to find a team?

A: No I am not signed as of yet. Obviously I was looking for a good year in 2013 so it would make it easy to find something. I’m not sure what I am going to do.
DC
7/12/2013 12:10pm
No worries Matti, and Pellout is spot-on here.

I always remind people about Marty Smith in 1976. He tried to race both in Europe and America on 125cc works Hondas (different ones, actually, due to the claiming rule here in the states) and he was thoroughly beaten by Gaston Rahier in Europe and Bob Hannah here in the U.S.

But at the one race in America where he could ride his GP works bike -- Mid-Ohio -- and also enjoy the comforts of home, he beat both Hannah and Rahier in both motos...

There's a lot to be said for being someplace comfortable and familiar, and what guys like Roczen and Musquin are doing here right now, or Zach Osborne did over there in the past few years, is very impressive.

DC
MX Sports
DC
7/12/2013 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2013 12:18pm
Berno29, that's interesting because that's not what we've hearing and reading here.... Maybe it's not guaranteed, or had some kind of performance clause?

Either way, I would be shocked to see him back on a 250, let alone back on 250 in the GPs. He's too good at supercross to not race it, and he seems too big for a 250 outdoors anyways -- at least compared to some of the smaller guys we have over here.

DC
MX Sports
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/12/2013 12:20pm
DC wrote:
No worries Matti, and Pellout is spot-on here. I always remind people about Marty Smith in 1976. He tried to race both in Europe and America...
No worries Matti, and Pellout is spot-on here.

I always remind people about Marty Smith in 1976. He tried to race both in Europe and America on 125cc works Hondas (different ones, actually, due to the claiming rule here in the states) and he was thoroughly beaten by Gaston Rahier in Europe and Bob Hannah here in the U.S.

But at the one race in America where he could ride his GP works bike -- Mid-Ohio -- and also enjoy the comforts of home, he beat both Hannah and Rahier in both motos...

There's a lot to be said for being someplace comfortable and familiar, and what guys like Roczen and Musquin are doing here right now, or Zach Osborne did over there in the past few years, is very impressive.

DC
MX Sports
Part of the thing with those 76 RC's Smitty had to deal with, though, is that they were not good bikes. Which makes what he did accomplish all the more remarkable in spite of losing to Hannah and Rahier
Predator
7/12/2013 12:22pm
peelout wrote:
englishman wrote:
Yes, I thought the guy you were responding to was clanking on about Dean going over there ? I think either guy , Dean going over...

peelout wrote:
exactly. that's like me gloating that if Jeffrey came here, our guys would crush him... no shit. give them some learning time (Roczen and Musquin) and...
exactly.

that's like me gloating that if Jeffrey came here, our guys would crush him... no shit.

give them some learning time (Roczen and Musquin) and i have no doubt they would be threats (Herlings or Wilson).

but it's a moot point as Wilson isn't going anywhere and it seems as though Herlings is going to stay in Europe
Exactly my thoughts PeelyBro.

I was about to come in this thread and go ignorant.... but you put it much more polite so I'll just second your comments. Cool
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/12/2013 12:36pm
DC wrote:
Berno29, that's interesting because that's not what we've hearing and reading here.... Maybe it's not guaranteed, or had some kind of performance clause? Either way, I...
Berno29, that's interesting because that's not what we've hearing and reading here.... Maybe it's not guaranteed, or had some kind of performance clause?

Either way, I would be shocked to see him back on a 250, let alone back on 250 in the GPs. He's too good at supercross to not race it, and he seems too big for a 250 outdoors anyways -- at least compared to some of the smaller guys we have over here.

DC
MX Sports
If that's true, and it should be because he said it in that interview, then I think guys like JGR, RCH and maybe even TwoTwo would be very interested. He will have to cut his ties with Monster someday if he wants a ride other than PC.
DrSweden
7/12/2013 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2013 1:14pm
I don't buy this "he's to big for 250", did he grow that much between 2011 and 2013? People assume a bit to much in body weight, it's not that Cianciarulo is killing it, or that Mookie went from whatever to holy shit.

I heard Payton have some ties to PC in Europe, maybe that two year deal means PC rather than a certain gate?
7/12/2013 1:32pm
Mitch is involved with CLS Kawsaki

Monster is invovled with CLS Kawasaki

Wilson wants a decent contract this could be it.
DC
7/12/2013 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2013 1:37pm
Dr. Sweden, you may not see it, but ask Mookie or Tyla or Dean what it's like to be constantly trying to stay extra lean so you aren't giving up 40 or 50 pounds to Blake Baggett or Wil Hahn... Wilson wants to move up and stay up, and that includes SX and MX, which means he's highly unlikely to move back to Europe after his family spent years working to get him over here in the first place.

Dean's had a rough couple of years with injuries, but he's still Dean Wilson, and he's still extremely fast both indoors and outdoors. If he moved to Europe now, still early in his pro career, I would be shocked.

DC
MX Sports
kongols
7/12/2013 1:36pm
darren7878 wrote:
Mitch is involved with CLS Kawsaki

Monster is invovled with CLS Kawasaki

Wilson wants a decent contract this could be it.
Searle moving to KRT free`s up some money.
philG
7/12/2013 2:05pm
DC wrote:
Dr. Sweden, you may not see it, but ask Mookie or Tyla or Dean what it's like to be constantly trying to stay extra lean so...
Dr. Sweden, you may not see it, but ask Mookie or Tyla or Dean what it's like to be constantly trying to stay extra lean so you aren't giving up 40 or 50 pounds to Blake Baggett or Wil Hahn... Wilson wants to move up and stay up, and that includes SX and MX, which means he's highly unlikely to move back to Europe after his family spent years working to get him over here in the first place.

Dean's had a rough couple of years with injuries, but he's still Dean Wilson, and he's still extremely fast both indoors and outdoors. If he moved to Europe now, still early in his pro career, I would be shocked.

DC
MX Sports
His family didnt spend years to get him there in the first place..........nobody in the UK even knew who he was , he ended up in canada as a kid and did it from there , he doesnt have any background in europe to speak of , but as a true Scot , he knows where he comes from ... i agree that he doesnt or shouldnt have to go back to a 250 , put with the current CLS Pro circuit 250 team being a total waste of race fuel, and Deano needing a good run , maybe sticking him on the CLS team to push Herlings isnt a bad call... plus , i have been less than impressed with Herlings this year, sure , he wins , but against who.. Butron has run at the front for a few moto's now , but there isnt anyone to push him.... maybe Deano will fancy a bit of that, chance of a world championship , get some fitness back , and some exposure for Mitch....

Personally i'd like to see him run a 450 in the US , but i think he risks having to perform too well too early if he does the last couple of nationals
Brent
7/12/2013 2:59pm
onthepipe wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^

First, Dean needs to stop trying too hard and crashing all the time here before he goes after those guys; second, there is no Chipotle in Europe (is there?)
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
7/12/2013 3:13pm
DC wrote:
Dr. Sweden, you may not see it, but ask Mookie or Tyla or Dean what it's like to be constantly trying to stay extra lean so...

DC
MX Sports
Dean wilson was a good mx2 rider but what can he do in the 450s? Never underestimate the power $$$$, if the check is hefty i can see him leaving.
DrSweden
7/12/2013 3:35pm
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Good points, didn't think of them cutting back in weight, them being frustrated about it. Still just don't see them prosper up to expectations when they finally could go all whopper.

I'm pretty sure you are closer to the truth in his future whereabouts though, betting against your knowledge here is close to mental.
cheers_22
7/12/2013 4:05pm
jhansen510 wrote:
I hate to say this. But I dont know that we will ever see Deano back on point like he was in 2011. I hope that...
I hate to say this. But I dont know that we will ever see Deano back on point like he was in 2011. I hope that we will. But it seems like when kids lose that humility is about the same time they get taught a life lesson about why its important to be humble. He has had some seriously bad luck over the last 2 years and that is very very hard to bounce back from at the elite level.
I was thinking this same thing a couple days ago. Deano was amazing to watch in 2011.

I hope he can return to form because he has incredible style!

Post a reply to: Wilson to MX2 MXGP?!

The Latest