Wilson’s Ignite Logo blacked out - Confirmed

kb228
1/7/2019 7:49am
I wanted to post this so people understand why NBC decided to do what they did. ANYTHING weed related is still highly controversial for god knows why. This is in my hometown.
Stuntman949
1/7/2019 8:01am
ob wrote:
Yep that's a retarded policy by the networks.
NBC would also like to cover up your Avatar. Thank you for your cooperation in this manor.
ob
1/7/2019 8:08am
The Devils Lettuce! lol that's so funny
logan_140
1/7/2019 8:15am
ga_pike wrote:
I'm personally not a fan of Marijuana and/or the legalization of it. I'm also not an expert on CBD oil or other hemp products (THC or...
I'm personally not a fan of Marijuana and/or the legalization of it. I'm also not an expert on CBD oil or other hemp products (THC or no THC). However, I do feel that if someone wants to advertise a legal product, they should be permitted to... Alcohol and tobacco included. Again, I'm not a fan of tobacco products but if someone wants to use them, that's their decision.

That said, I agree with the previous post(s) that discuss "bigger thinking" with regards to sponsorship. Ignite vs Rolex? The sport as as a whole needs to start thinking bigger picture. We need to go after bigger, larger sponsors. Look at golf... those guys have Rolex, Mercedes, Infiniti, Omega, NetJets, and more. The interesting thing here is Monster Energy and Red Bull are extremely mainstream... they sponsor Tiger and Ricky Fowler. Perhaps MX/SX could use some of that to help get the foot in the door with some of those other bigger names. Why shouldn't KR94 have a deal with Rolex? He'd be a great face for that company. Timing and Scoring sponsored by Omega... or maybe Nixon?
Kenny is sponsored by breitling watches

The Shop

logan_140
1/7/2019 8:19am
logan_140 wrote:
A lot of riders are using cbd now.. I don’t see a problem with it. Hell what happens when energy drink sponsors are done? The sport...
A lot of riders are using cbd now.. I don’t see a problem with it. Hell what happens when energy drink sponsors are done? The sport is fucked then. This would have been a good step to possibly getting a huge sponsor for the sport
I didn't know that. Which riders are using it?
Not 100% sure but my buddy is a practice mech for a PC rider and he said a ton of the riders are using cbd. For pain/recovery
logan_140
1/7/2019 8:20am
logan_140 wrote:
A lot of riders are using cbd now.. I don’t see a problem with it. Hell what happens when energy drink sponsors are done? The sport...
A lot of riders are using cbd now.. I don’t see a problem with it. Hell what happens when energy drink sponsors are done? The sport is fucked then. This would have been a good step to possibly getting a huge sponsor for the sport
I didn't know that. Which riders are using it?
ricko wrote:
There’s lots of riders using Medterra and CBDmd. I think even Roczen posted a video of him using it a week ago.
There’s lots of riders using Medterra and CBDmd. I think even Roczen posted a video of him using it a week ago.
McGrath posting something about using it on twitter awhile back too.
FWYT
1/7/2019 8:31am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Im just surprised ol Danboy said motocross and not motoRcross
Haahahhaaa. Thought the same thing.

Glad Deano is getting some money from them but holy hell, that Dan Blazoo is the
biggest fugging douchnozzle out there. That he has a bunch of followers does not
impress me for shit and says more about catering to the lowest common
denominator, which is the recipe for social media success.
ga_pike
1/7/2019 9:45am
logan_140 wrote:
Very cool. I honestly didn't know that. Where are the logos?

That said, wouldn't it be cool to have Breitling or TAG as the primary sponsor of a factory team? They do it in F1.

TeamGreen
1/7/2019 10:00am
So, I the end, NBC got Dan to comment on DeanO's situation and brought more traffic to DeanO's social media than NBC could dream of.

CLASSIC!
1/7/2019 10:02am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Im just surprised ol Danboy said motocross and not motoRcross
FWYT wrote:
Haahahhaaa. Thought the same thing. Glad Deano is getting some money from them but holy hell, that Dan Blazoo is the biggest fugging douchnozzle out there...

Glad Deano is getting some money from them but holy hell, that Dan Blazoo is the
biggest fugging douchnozzle out there. That he has a bunch of followers does not
I do have to agree that he comes off as a douche on social media a lot of the time, however the dude is a business genius. He has his hands (and money) in quite a lot of different business. He just so happened to jump on this cbd craze at the right time and is going to reap the rewards.
1/7/2019 10:10am
What you're all missing is whilst this was an NBC decision, do you think it was an eagle eye NBC exec that firstly spotted the logo and secondly, knew what it was? Laughable

Someone within the industry snitched
ga_pike
1/7/2019 10:41am
What you're all missing is whilst this was an NBC decision, do you think it was an eagle eye NBC exec that firstly spotted the logo...
What you're all missing is whilst this was an NBC decision, do you think it was an eagle eye NBC exec that firstly spotted the logo and secondly, knew what it was? Laughable

Someone within the industry snitched
Snitches get stitches!
peelout
1/7/2019 10:47am
censorship is fuckin' lame bro
logan_140
1/7/2019 12:55pm
logan_140 wrote:
ga_pike wrote:
Very cool. I honestly didn't know that. Where are the logos? That said, wouldn't it be cool to have Breitling or TAG as the primary sponsor...

That said, wouldn't it be cool to have Breitling or TAG as the primary sponsor of a factory team? They do it in F1.

I think it’s just a personal sponsor. Probably has something on his helmet not sure on the shrouds or anything.. would be sweet to have a big name title sponsor like that
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/7/2019 1:08pm
logan_140 wrote:
ga_pike wrote:
Very cool. I honestly didn't know that. Where are the logos? That said, wouldn't it be cool to have Breitling or TAG as the primary sponsor...

logan_140 wrote:
I think it’s just a personal sponsor. Probably has something on his helmet not sure on the shrouds or anything.. would be sweet to have a...
I think it’s just a personal sponsor. Probably has something on his helmet not sure on the shrouds or anything.. would be sweet to have a big name title sponsor like that
This is pretty cool. Breitling is a huge high company, honestly out of anyone i think he is the most marketable rider out there.

He dresses professionally, he is outspoken, has personality and style that fits brands not associated with dirt bikes.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1768th
1/7/2019 1:13pm
Beeby wrote:
It makes sense to bad it the same as banning tobacco advertising. I’m surprised Dean was so open about it and also associates himself with it...
It makes sense to bad it the same as banning tobacco advertising. I’m surprised Dean was so open about it and also associates himself with it.

However, money coming into the sport isn’t a bad thing. The energy drinks are hardly good for you
Why are you surprised and what the issue with him using it .
1/7/2019 11:39pm
FWYT wrote:
Haahahhaaa. Thought the same thing. Glad Deano is getting some money from them but holy hell, that Dan Blazoo is the biggest fugging douchnozzle out there...

Nailed it. We live in a time when popularity is no longer an indicator of a worthy product (or person) but more often than not, a sign of just the opposite... a big steaming pile... Dan B was always wealthy and is not the self-made poker/business maverick many believe him to be... Yes the sport shouldn't be against CBD or good sponsors in general but maybe Feld just thinks what i do... that Dan B is a doucher and distance between the sport and that turd may just lessen the stink. I wont be losing much sleep over it either way.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/8/2019 3:12am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 3:29am
logan_140 wrote:
ga_pike wrote:

Didn't TAG sponsor Supercross for a while and give watches to the heat/main winners?

Edit: It was Tissot. TAG sponsored the GP's. Thought I was going mad but I'm just stoned.
Conkey
1/8/2019 6:26am
FWYT wrote:

Nailed it. We live in a time when popularity is no longer an indicator of a worthy product (or person) but more often than not, a...
Nailed it. We live in a time when popularity is no longer an indicator of a worthy product (or person) but more often than not, a sign of just the opposite... a big steaming pile... Dan B was always wealthy and is not the self-made poker/business maverick many believe him to be... Yes the sport shouldn't be against CBD or good sponsors in general but maybe Feld just thinks what i do... that Dan B is a doucher and distance between the sport and that turd may just lessen the stink. I wont be losing much sleep over it either way.
I'm not a fan of Dan B and think he's just the typical rich kid dbag. However, I highly doubt Feld knew that Ignite was part of Dan's empire before they rolled through tech.

There is a big stigma right now with Hemp products and racing. Certain big car teams won't touch it even if the company/product does not contain THC. The hemp world has an uphill battle for a little bit but this S*** is going to be the next energy drink boom.
Spooner
1/8/2019 7:48am
Wonder if this will make a difference?

Kyle_McNab
1/8/2019 8:53am
Okay we’ll explain this. Bereman was wearing weedmaps, and raha with brass knuckles on abc and ESPN for xgames which Is thc products. It’s not a feld thing it’s nbc. Good broadcast but pretty lame on their part. Dean only endorsing cbd...
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
1/8/2019 10:22am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Okay we’ll explain this. Bereman was wearing weedmaps, and raha with brass knuckles on abc and ESPN for xgames which Is thc products. It’s not a...
Okay we’ll explain this. Bereman was wearing weedmaps, and raha with brass knuckles on abc and ESPN for xgames which Is thc products. It’s not a feld thing it’s nbc. Good broadcast but pretty lame on their part. Dean only endorsing cbd...
Maybe ABC didn’t catch the Weedmaps thing. Maybe it’ll be different this year. NBC doesn’t turn away advertising dollars if there isn’t a good reason and I’d be willing to guess this comes down to some sort of issue advertising cannabis in some states or across state lines which may turn it into a federal issue. Different legal departments view things different ways many times so maybe ABC knew and interprets the laws one way where as NBC interprets the same laws another way. When it comes to legislation, things are hardly ever black and white.

It’s much more fun to light the pitchforks and join the mob but I’m confident NBC knows more about these things than anyone here.
1/8/2019 10:30am
Unrelated question here and asking for a friend, but would an avid marijuana user see any benefit from CBD or do most strains of cannabis contain the helping ingredients found in CBD?
1/8/2019 11:41am
Unrelated question here and asking for a friend, but would an avid marijuana user see any benefit from CBD or do most strains of cannabis contain...
Unrelated question here and asking for a friend, but would an avid marijuana user see any benefit from CBD or do most strains of cannabis contain the helping ingredients found in CBD?
yes he would probably still notice the positives. Thc weed usually has a tiny amount of cbd but not enough to really take effect. The thc distracts you from pain but once your head clears the pain/inflammation is still there. I've used cbd and the relief is similar to ibuprofen

Post a reply to: Wilson’s Ignite Logo blacked out - Confirmed

The Latest