Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2017 8:05 PM

Wilson bunny hops the "wall jump" at Ironman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYMiv3xFBUG/?taken-

Sorry don't know how to embed.

|

8/25/2017 8:19 PM

Saw it, he should've kept it a secret somehow for sure!!! Crazy fast.

|

8/25/2017 8:21 PM

That's going to end bad for someone

|

8/25/2017 8:31 PM

I think thats probably why it says they have changed it

|

8/25/2017 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 8:32 PM

Wall Jump?, seen a table to a smaller double then another jump? I need to be there right?

|

8/25/2017 8:34 PM

Wilson was doing the same thing at Freestone in 2011, on his 250. Milsaps was the only other person to do it but it was only saving about .5 seconds.

|

8/25/2017 8:35 PM

Ok that was bad ass!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/25/2017 8:39 PM

Old-Man wrote:

Wall Jump?, seen a table to a smaller double then another jump? I need to be there right?

Thats why I put in the " "

Here is the quote from Racer X

"Besides all that, it’s been kind of hectic and busy here at the Ironman. There’s was a Team USA press conference this afternoon, followed by some work on the track (no, we’re not putting the wall jump back in that Dean Wilson was bunny-hopping yesterday), and then the races tomorrow, followed by a barbecue with all of the riders and race teams, and then an awards ceremony/brunch at the Lucas Oil mansion. Then it’s off to Jacksonville for the Monster Energy MXGP of USA. So let me hand this off to the other guys and the rest of Racerhead."

|

8/25/2017 8:50 PM

Yawwwwwn

|

8/25/2017 9:25 PM

Old-Man wrote:

Mxpilot20 wrote:

Thats why I put in the " "

Here is the quote from Racer X

"Besides all that, it’s been kind of hectic and busy here at the Ironman. There’s was a Team USA press conference this afternoon, followed by some work on the track (no, we’re not putting the wall jump back in that Dean Wilson was bunny-hopping yesterday), and then the races tomorrow, followed by a barbecue with all of the riders and race teams, and then an awards ceremony/brunch at the Lucas Oil mansion. Then it’s off to Jacksonville for the Monster Energy MXGP of USA. So let me hand this off to the other guys and the rest of Racerhead."

OK, just seen the other side of the jump (Better view) and it was a narley jump to even think about doing... He remarked that after he did it they soon took it out.

For those of you that have FB.

https://www.facebook.com/DeanWilson15/videos/1479413428792175/

|

8/25/2017 9:53 PM

I like watching racers based on style and having just got back into watching racing again, starting with SX, I really like Dean's style and flow. Perfect example. The Facebook video shows how crazy that actually is, relying on a wheel tap at full speed.

|

8/25/2017 9:59 PM

So what's the reasoning behind removing the jump and altering the section? Because one rider figured out how to do a section faster than others, either because he's smarter or more skilled, than we must attempt to take away that advantage because its "unfair" for the others?? You can't use the "safety" excuse here, accidents happen in turns ie. Jess nelson, and if another rider fears he can't execute the jump safely then he shouldn't twist the throttle a little further and try, and if he breaks his neck in doing so the onus is all on themselves, and they were well aware of the potential repercussions. These are supposed to be the best riders in the world and they are expected to be challenged and have separating factors at the varying tracks. This was a weak move from MX sports

|

8/25/2017 10:15 PM

Motocross, take most the jumps out.

|

8/25/2017 10:37 PM

loftyair wrote:

Motocross, take most the jumps out.

Yeah! Then put 'em on a oval!

|

8/25/2017 11:05 PM

That was extremely cool. If they changed that section , it's kind of a bummer.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/26/2017 3:37 AM

There aren't enough ambulances to take care of the carnage we would have seen if everyone had to jump that like Dean was doing. It was incredible to watch, and scary. Sorry that it bums some of you out, but picking guys up all day from something that tempting and also risky is not something any of us enjoy doing. I made the call and I stand by it, there are plenty of other cool things out there to jump, but this one would have gotten bad once the track started getting rough and race-speeds picked up. Sorry.

DC
Racer X

|

8/26/2017 3:46 AM

I 100% understand you decision DC, but i don't agree with it.

I think these riders have to use their own brain and understand if they are able to do it or not just like any other obstacle.

|

8/26/2017 4:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 4:07 AM

Madskills MX style.

Respect your decision DC it could well be carnage. Maybe next time Deano will not attempt these gnarly lines until race day

|

8/26/2017 4:09 AM

DC wrote:

There aren't enough ambulances to take care of the carnage we would have seen if everyone had to jump that like Dean was doing. It was incredible to watch, and scary. Sorry that it bums some of you out, but picking guys up all day from something that tempting and also risky is not something any of us enjoy doing. I made the call and I stand by it, there are plenty of other cool things out there to jump, but this one would have gotten bad once the track started getting rough and race-speeds picked up. Sorry.

DC
Racer X

It was the right call Davey

Keep up the good work!!

|

8/26/2017 4:14 AM

DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

Totally get it DC. Cool isn't always a good thing on a MX track , if it's something that puts the riders at risk. Was pretty damn cool to watch though!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/26/2017 4:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 4:18 AM

He wouldn't be doing it once the track was rutted up anyway. There shouldn't be a damn wall jump on a MX track anyway, especially in the middle of a rhythm section.

Glad they got rid of it.

|

8/26/2017 4:39 AM

generallee121 wrote:

So what's the reasoning behind removing the jump and altering the section? Because one rider figured out how to do a section faster than others, either because he's smarter or more skilled, than we must attempt to take away that advantage because its "unfair" for the others?? You can't use the "safety" excuse here, accidents happen in turns ie. Jess nelson, and if another rider fears he can't execute the jump safely then he shouldn't twist the throttle a little further and try, and if he breaks his neck in doing so the onus is all on themselves, and they were well aware of the potential repercussions. These are supposed to be the best riders in the world and they are expected to be challenged and have separating factors at the varying tracks. This was a weak move from MX sports

Wow, a whole new level of stupid.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

8/26/2017 4:52 AM

There is no shortage of jumps at that track, that's for sure. It could do with a few less if anything.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/26/2017 5:07 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I 100% understand you decision DC, but i don't agree with it.

I think these riders have to use their own brain and understand if they are able to do it or not just like any other obstacle.

I think I'm gonna go with DC's judgement on this one (all of them, actually). The fact that he gets on a message board to explain the decision to the peanut gallery is pretty darn impressive.

|

8/26/2017 5:11 AM

Like someone else mentioned, i doubt that anyone would've done it in the motos because of ruts etc.

But i understand why the removed it.

|

8/26/2017 5:12 AM

The problem is if it really saved almost 2 secs a lap like Wilson said it did then it would have become a 'must-do' for everyone.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/26/2017 5:13 AM

People on here bitch about track safety. So then when they do something to make a track safer other people bitch about that. Guess the common theme here is some people in here are just a bunch of bitches laughing laughing

|

8/26/2017 5:47 AM

I just love people on here calling DC stupid...

Wow. pinch

|

8/26/2017 5:47 AM

I understand why it was taken out but still cool to watch.

|

8/26/2017 7:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 7:05 AM

davistld01 wrote:

I just love people on here calling DC stupid...

Wow. pinch

I didn't see anyone calling DC stupid. They did the smart thing and took it out so the red flags didn't have to fly.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!