Wilson, Ray, Dungey, Millsaps on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

daemon616
1/25/2021 2:47pm

Wilson, Ray, Dungey, Millsaps on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

Houston and all its three rounds of supercross are gone and lots to talk about tonight on the Pulpmx Show presented by Motosport.com, Fly Racing and DeCal Works. Host Steve Matthes will welcome in former factory rider Davi Millsaps to be in-studio all show, talk about the races, what he’s doing now and more.

Rockstar Husqvarna’s Dean Wilson played a role in Cooper Webb’s win on Saturday and he’ll call in from Florida to talk about his thoughts on holding Ken Roczen up, what he saw and why and more.

Alex Ray of the SGB Kawasaki team worked with Millsaps a lot to help him improve and we’ll have A Ray on to talk about his Houston 3 race, what Millsaps has taught him and more.

SX & MX champion Ryan Dungey will be on to rap about the first three rounds of SX, his thoughts on the Roczen/Wilson incident, reminisce with Millsaps about their time on the track together and talk about his new venture, RD Coffee.

Got a question for the show? Tweet @pulpmxshow and our guys Tits or Tallon will do his best to get it answered on the Motosport.com Tweet at Tits segment.

We’ll also do the Race Tech Rant and our hosts will be under the gun with the EKS Brand goggles Tear Off segment.

What you’ll want to do is log-in to Pulpmxshow.com at 5PM PST/8PM EST and we’ll be streaming live and hosting a chat room. As usual, you can call in at anytime during the show to talk to the guest or the hosts at 702-586-PULP (7857).

You can listen live on your smartphone with the Tune In App by searching Pulpmx Show and listen live on the Pulpmx App as well.

You can listen to the show the next day on Stitcher.com as well as the Pulpmx App on your smartphone or iTunes for download. It will also be available the next day on Pulpmxshow.com.

PulpMX Show is brought to you by MotoSport. MotoSport leads the powersports industry in selection, quality, expertise and customer service. From rider to rider we are committed to offering the best service possible to ensure our customers never miss a ride. Those who love motocross know MotoSport.com has the talent to make your next ride your best ride because when you call for help or advice you’ll actually talk to someone who owns, rides and wrenches on a dirt bike, street bike, ATV or side-by-side.

FLY Racing’s 2021 line has been improved and expanded, offering the industry’s widest range of moto and off-road products. Led by the revolutionary Formula helmet featuring Rheon technology, FLY Racing has taken big steps forward with the all new Lite pant and Zone Pro goggle. Debuted at this year’s Monster Energy Supercross by Justin Brayton and the Muc-Off Honda team, the Zone Pro goggle delivers premium performance from a brand you know and trust. Fearless Pursuit. FLY Racing.

For over 30 years, DeCal Works has led the industry in quality and customer service by offering the best custom motocross graphics, plastics, seat covers, and Rider I.D. products.

DeCal Works is officially licensed with Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, Husqvarna, and GASGAS.

Their expert staff will go above and beyond to make sure your questions are answered. Quality, Service, and Knowledge.

DeCal Works is a proud sponsor of Red Bull KTM Factory Racing and the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Off-Road team.

Visit www.decalmx.com

Use promo code PULPMX to receive 20% of your custom graphics.

The Pulpmx show is also brought to you by X-Brand Goggles, Race Tech Suspension, Vertex Pistons, Vortex Racing, Gear Alloy, Ride Engineering, Pro Filter, Roost MX Graphics, FMF Racing, GET Data, Atlas Neck Braces, Maxima Oils, Michelin StarCross 5, Works Connection, DUBYA Wheels, OGIO, MotorcycleIndustryjobs.com, Ride Engineering, Scosche, EVS Sports and Eagle Grit

|
thorns
1/25/2021 5:15pm
Pretty open and honest talking from Millsaps so far, never realized how bad his head injuries were and how it still messes with him now.
1/25/2021 7:25pm
Is Ray one of the industry cool kids that gets interviews for no reason? It just looks funny on the headline. On this weeks show.. Carmichael, Stewart, McGrath and.... A Ray

The Shop

1/25/2021 8:07pm
Is Ray one of the industry cool kids that gets interviews for no reason? It just looks funny on the headline. On this weeks show.. Carmichael...
Is Ray one of the industry cool kids that gets interviews for no reason? It just looks funny on the headline. On this weeks show.. Carmichael, Stewart, McGrath and.... A Ray
I like listening to the guys who are not factory racers just as much as I like listening to the elite guys. It's nice to hear their stories. Hope to listen to this show tomorrow as I'm a Dungey fan.
Dimblewambie
1/25/2021 8:54pm
Is Ray one of the industry cool kids that gets interviews for no reason? It just looks funny on the headline. On this weeks show.. Carmichael...
A Ray is a “friend of the show” As well as mentored/trained by in studio co-host Davi Millsaps. May explain why he’s on the line a bit.

I’ll take “cool kid” interview over “awkward call in to push my coffee” interview any week however.
1/25/2021 9:09pm
I like listening to the guys who are not factory racers just as much as I like listening to the elite guys. It's nice to hear...
I like listening to the guys who are not factory racers just as much as I like listening to the elite guys. It's nice to hear their stories. Hope to listen to this show tomorrow as I'm a Dungey fan.
I supposed. There’s just a lot of new faces and different things happening. Can’t see why they don’t get Vohland or a fresh face to talk about turning pro and expectations. I’d take that over Ray giving us updates on millsaps helping him win lcqs
hamncheeze
1/25/2021 11:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/25/2021 11:03pm
I supposed. There’s just a lot of new faces and different things happening. Can’t see why they don’t get Vohland or a fresh face to talk...
I supposed. There’s just a lot of new faces and different things happening. Can’t see why they don’t get Vohland or a fresh face to talk about turning pro and expectations. I’d take that over Ray giving us updates on millsaps helping him win lcqs
Dude. Matthes gets more guys on his shows than anyone else. I'm sure Max Vohland is on his list. Don't forget,for most of the factory guys he has to go through the team PR person and maybe they are trying to keep Max from getting too much hype.

I love when people complain about free content.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
1/26/2021 3:04am
I had Fuel running on my TV earlier today; coincidentally, they played the episode of 'Inside The Outdoors' about Davi, and it had him reading out a Racer X article where Steve was saying Davi wasn't fit enough for the outdoors. Dunno why these riders hold a grudge against Steve for so long; it's his job to comment on a riders performance.
JT Moto
1/26/2021 4:20am
Not a genuine bone in Dungeys body. Only comes on the show when he has something to pedal or promote. Lame.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
1/26/2021 4:58am
JT Moto wrote:
Not a genuine bone in Dungeys body. Only comes on the show when he has something to pedal or promote. Lame.
That's kinda the trade off. If you listen to a lot of podcasts outside of the sports you'll notice it happens all the time. People come on to promote a brand, book or movie. It's a fair trade off to me for both parties.
deluxeman
1/26/2021 5:11am
I supposed. There’s just a lot of new faces and different things happening. Can’t see why they don’t get Vohland or a fresh face to talk...
hamncheeze wrote:
Dude. Matthes gets more guys on his shows than anyone else. I'm sure Max Vohland is on his list. Don't forget,for most of the factory guys...
Dude. Matthes gets more guys on his shows than anyone else. I'm sure Max Vohland is on his list. Don't forget,for most of the factory guys he has to go through the team PR person and maybe they are trying to keep Max from getting too much hype.

I love when people complain about free content.
Why can't we complain about free content? Just because it's free doesn't mean it's good. Pulp is a for profit company, we the listeners get to be the critics just like radio and TV. We get to vote by either listening or not. Bad content = less listeners=less sponsorship $$$. People tire of hearing the same people talk about the same crap, or uninteresting guests. To me A Ray is becoming an uninteresting guest.

There are many places to get free MX content, Pulp is just one of many, some say it's the best. Somedays I would agree.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
1/26/2021 5:59am
Great to hear from Millsaps, such a talent at moto and so many stories to tell of his highs and many lows.
daemon616
1/26/2021 6:25am
JT Moto wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
That's kinda the trade off. If you listen to a lot of podcasts outside of the sports you'll notice it happens all the time. People come...
That's kinda the trade off. If you listen to a lot of podcasts outside of the sports you'll notice it happens all the time. People come on to promote a brand, book or movie. It's a fair trade off to me for both parties.
I agree. He has a brand and image to protect. Plus he's just a happy fun-loving guy. I think it's genuine. Davi started making gay jokes about Matthes and Red Dog and Dungey laughs just like a normal dude so I don't buy the whole robot bit.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/26/2021 6:35am
So...

Did he finally disclose what was in his locker?
It's been said multiple times.

Toradol without a prescription.
deluxeman
1/26/2021 6:40am
JT Moto wrote:
So what rider comes on that isn't promoting something? Typically they are promoting themselves, their team or brand. Everybody is a salesman, your either selling your point of view a product or yourself. Doesn't make them disingenuous, he was genuinely selling coffee to an audience that he has a connection with. No different than Donny Emler Jr coming on to promote Goggles or Pipes. If you aint buyin their dyin
Elbows
Fantasy
1385th
1/26/2021 6:44am
No doubt!!!! I don’t understand that at all. I don’t have anything against the guy but he sure gets a lot of attention even with his lack luster rides.
Motofinne
1/26/2021 7:01am
Millsaps was great, probably the best co-host in a long time.
1/26/2021 7:03am
Millsaps in studio was great, one of my favorite guests and I was never a huge fan when he was riding. Seemed to me like a genuine dude that is happy with his life and career even though he knows he could have done better if he would have trained more.
1/26/2021 7:14am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2021 7:14am
JT Moto wrote:
Always gotta be one of you, any time the name Dungey is mentioned.
1/26/2021 11:28am
I don’t understand the constant, “I may get in trouble” from Dungey but otherwise I think it’s just his personality and I feel he is being genuine to the way he is.
Crossup
1/26/2021 11:46am
JT Moto wrote:
Really... I think he is pretty genuine. He has done a lot for the kids at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

WillyB
1/26/2021 11:47am
Only half way through but so far Davi has been great! RD interview was entertaining as well! Dude knows his coffee.
Dimblewambie
1/26/2021 2:16pm
A Ray is a “friend of the show” As well as mentored/trained by in studio co-host Davi Millsaps. May explain why he’s on the line a...
A Ray is a “friend of the show” As well as mentored/trained by in studio co-host Davi Millsaps. May explain why he’s on the line a bit.

I’ll take “cool kid” interview over “awkward call in to push my coffee” interview any week however.
Just to call it like it is, and myself out a bit: Dungey was far better on this weeks show than recent previous appearances. He had what seemed to be some genuine BS’ing moments, laughs and surprisingly not even 1/4 of his interview was on his coffee I’d say. Nice work RD5

Davi is a great cohost as well!
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
1/26/2021 3:11pm
So...

Did he finally disclose what was in his locker?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It's been said multiple times.

Toradol without a prescription.
I mean, Davey said on the podcast that he had a prescription.

Post a reply to: Wilson, Ray, Dungey, Millsaps on Pulpmx Show Tonight!

The Latest