Wilson............?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2022 6:50 AM

New pictures from Deano in the hospital.

Photo

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/11/2022 6:59 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Update:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by D E A N O (@deanwilson15)

Damn, I hate to see him, or any rider, like that.
Hope he heals up soon.
As well as all of these guys who get the shit beat out of them week after week.
Either at the race, or the practice track.

|

#FMS

4/11/2022 7:07 AM

Seems he nicked an artery & had some surgery to fix things up. Damn! He’s still in the hospital and may be released to go home later this week.

Heal up DeanO! You’ve got a lot of people wishing you The Best.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

4/11/2022 7:11 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Seems he nicked an artery & had some surgery to fix things up. Damn! He’s still in the hospital and may be released to go ...more

As someone who has twice cut an artery, they definitely want to keep you there for a few days until they're sure things are good to go.

Trust me, it's not fun laying on a hospital gurney bleeding out.

Still surprised they didn't red flag the race to get him cared for.

|

#FMS

4/11/2022 7:13 AM

sandtrack315 wrote:

Was hoping to read a positive update on Dean, a great dude who has had way too many injuries. Instead found a bunch of ...more

Okay, now that Dean made a second butthole joke, and we know he's relatively okay, let the jokes rip.

I wonder how the recovery from this is. I assume the muscle has some trauma? And some nerve damage? Hopefully he can be back for outdoors.

|

4/11/2022 7:18 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Seems he nicked an artery & had some surgery to fix things up. Damn! He’s still in the hospital and may be released to go ...more

Injuries like that kind of remind you how delicate we are as a species. It's scary to think if a foot peg could get someone's femoral artery. I can't imagine anything worse than watching a guy bleed out on the track. So glad he's going to be okay, it made me nervous seeing all the blood.

That being said it's the most Dean injury ever.

|

Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/11/2022 7:34 AM

He's definitely bummed.

|

4/11/2022 7:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2022 7:38 AM

He said there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. was that a butt joke?

Also, 10” deep? Ouch.

|

4/11/2022 7:40 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Joey_Bridges wrote:

As someone who has twice cut an artery, they definitely want to keep you there for a few days until they're sure things are ...more

Is it even possible to explain the fear...or the thoughts in your head as you sit there wondering,'How am I going to stop this?!"

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

4/11/2022 7:48 AM

Tuzzo225 wrote:

Dude I’m stoked I’m just saying

dkurtd wrote:

Too bad they didn't throw in a brain with that purchase.

brocster wrote:

Yeah. I’m calling bullshit on that purchase for said items totaling $26.50. That would be $1.39 per, tax included.

Back to ...more

I swear

|

4/11/2022 7:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2022 8:00 AM

Joey_Bridges wrote:

As someone who has twice cut an artery, they definitely want to keep you there for a few days until they're sure things are ...more

I'm really shocked they didn't stop it as well. He wasn't in that much of a dangerous position on the track but medically he was in danger.

|

Volusia/Flagler Counties

4/11/2022 8:03 AM

Sucks to say but that may have been Deano's last SX race. This is a big injury and is going to take a lot of time to heal that artery and mussel that was ripped open. Plus with it being on his butt it may be a bit before he can sit on a bike.

|

4/11/2022 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2022 8:41 AM

Wow! Sorry to hear that about Wilson. Deano has had a career filled with injuries & just plain bad luck. It wouldn't shock me at all for him to retire after this SX season. He's been blessed to have had the rides he's had, but I don't think he's lived up to his or his team's expectations so far.

|

4/11/2022 9:00 AM

Rediculous that race wasn't red flagged .

|

4/11/2022 9:24 AM

brimx153 wrote:

When they hadn't moved him in like 2 laps I was expecting a Red. Had quite a few people in a sketchy spot.

|

4/11/2022 9:33 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

McG194 wrote:

Injuries like that kind of remind you how delicate we are as a species. It's scary to think if a foot peg could get someone's ...more

We’re not evolved as a species to ride things with motors covered in sharp objects. We do fine more often than not if we trip while running, but driving a car into another car is a different story.

|

4/11/2022 10:14 AM

Could have been saved if we actually wore protective riding gear instead of skin tight clothes made for gymnastics...

|

I work to provide for my family, I ride to keep my sanity.

4/11/2022 10:17 AM

Prayers for Deano to have a quick recovery and relief from pain/discomfort. Just one more top pro added to the long list of injured list.

Man...that is scary. Is there really a need for razor sharp footpegs? ...but GoPros on helmets are deemed "unsafe".

I love this sport....but it's getting to the point where someone is going to die.

|

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!

4/11/2022 10:33 AM

Timo wrote:

Could have been saved if we actually wore protective riding gear instead of skin tight clothes made for gymnastics...

Really? What gear is available that is going to protect your ass from a razor sharp footpeg? I'll wait...

|

4/11/2022 10:49 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

Sucks to say but that may have been Deano's last SX race. This is a big injury and is going to take a lot of time to heal that ...more

Thats what I was thinking as well, must be so bummed probably his last ride on a factory bike...

|

4/11/2022 10:55 AM

I wonder if he did get the artery? Given the time frame it took to get him off track I would be kind of surprised if he did. That kind of injury usually requires a life flight to get the patient to the hospital in time.

|

4/11/2022 11:11 AM

Was deano also the one that got a foot peg to the leg back at Glenn Helen back on 250s? If so him and the pegs just don’t like eachother

|

4/11/2022 11:16 AM

Even real leather pants from the ‘70’s would not have prevented a cut from razor sharp foot pegs. Would they have helped? Probably, but we can argue that for days. More substantial nylon pants like were made 10-20 years ago could have helped, IMO. I can’t remember when I’ve seen as many shredded jerseys and pants as I’ve seen this year. I think I saw Jett’s pants were ripped when he got up from his crash this weekend and that wasn’t that bad of a crash. As we used to say back in the day, dress for the crash, not for the ride. I just hate to see these guys getting hurt so often and so seriously. Gotta do something different.

|

4/11/2022 11:17 AM

Fuck man, watching the races this year has been brutal. So many guys getting hurt, it's starting to bug me.

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

4/11/2022 11:22 AM

Deano has the worst luck man. So gnarly

|

4/11/2022 11:24 AM

Moto Nomad wrote:

Fuck man, watching the races this year has been brutal. So many guys getting hurt, it's starting to bug me.

Especially last weekend for me. Kyle Peters broke his neck, A Mart ragdolled and then ran over, One of the club dudes had a gnarly wreck in the whoops, and Dean. There were definitely more but between seeing Dean lay there in pain and seeing Kyle Peter’s dad worried out of his mind I was really scratching my head at what was going on. Weird race.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

4/11/2022 11:34 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Really? What gear is available that is going to protect your ass from a razor sharp footpeg? I'll wait...

Umm leather, plastic, rubber, pvc to name a few. The foot pegs are not literal razors here, just sharp metal with a burr on the edge.

|

Kawasaki, The Bike That Builds Champions
Pronouns: KX / KX-F

4/11/2022 11:38 AM

brimx153 wrote:

"Ridiculous we allow such sharp objects on our bikes"

There... fixed it for ya

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/11/2022 11:39 AM

McG194 wrote:

New pictures from Deano in the hospital.

Photo

You've never heard of Isaac kappy before have ya?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/11/2022 11:39 AM

Timo wrote:

motomike137 wrote:

rbspecial138 wrote:

Umm leather, plastic, rubber, pvc to name a few. The foot pegs are not literal razors here, just sharp metal with a burr on ...more

Do we really need razor-sharp footpegs? The danger of having two spiky weapons on either side of the bike is obvious. I remember when metal fenders were considered dangerous.

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway