Wilson...

Premixed112
9/28/2016 8:23am
Skidaddle wrote:
Get some two strokes. Sponsor exposure, fan support. James Stewart needs to also. Neither are doing much better on a 4 stroke. James possibly worse. He...
Get some two strokes.

Sponsor exposure, fan support. James Stewart needs to also.

Neither are doing much better on a 4 stroke. James possibly worse. He hates this shit now.
When he was on a 2 stroke he had a smile.from coast to coast.
I love two strokes (obvious from my username..), but what is it with these delusional ass comments I see that say rider x or y should just say "fuck it" and get on a two stroke amongst? On what planet would guys that high in the ranks riding among guys on factory 4 strokes would decide to do what you just stated?
Cygnus
9/28/2016 8:25am
Sometime you have to pay to play. Not saying go buy his own bikes and a box van. But teams like star pay to play scenario seems like what he is gonna have to do to reprove himself.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/29/2016 11:37am
mxb2 wrote:
Exactly, buy a few 450,s motor work,suspension. The bikes plenty good. Dean has had it good for the last few years,with free stuff. Spend some $$...
Exactly, buy a few 450,s motor work,suspension. The bikes plenty good. Dean has had it good for the last few years,with free stuff. Spend some $$ to ride if you want it bad enough.
Markee wrote:
Oh its that easy?

With a couple post you have single handedly negated any creditability. So you added 12k post with this logic...

seth505 wrote:
What is your suggestion? A bike rider as an independent contractor who rides a bike for a living isn't the same as a crane operator or...
What is your suggestion? A bike rider as an independent contractor who rides a bike for a living isn't the same as a crane operator or other job description.
Whats the difference? A crane operator was trained and developed with thousands of hours on million dollar equipment. Put him in the street looking for a job, you really think buying a crane is a viable option?

Same rings true with a top tier mx/sx athlete. Its just not the bike cost, its the logistics and team that makes champions.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/29/2016 12:00pm
Markee wrote:
You prefer? You just sat out from injury and then quit riding. You would know that's its tough. But what you went through was more than...
You prefer? You just sat out from injury and then quit riding. You would know that's its tough. But what you went through was more than 2 acl reconstructions?

I don't know what you do for a living, but if you had two bad years from common set backs in what every industry that is, what would you do?? quit.. I bet.

Lets say you are a crane operator. You will take your talent in your own hands and buy a crane, a trucking company, insurance, employees and a central office to direct jobs, because you need to prove yourself. Please

You're a pig farmer. Just directing the next rider to the saluter rendering plant.
You are correct. I did sit out from an injury and then stopped riding. I made that decision because if I were to get hurt again...
You are correct. I did sit out from an injury and then stopped riding. I made that decision because if I were to get hurt again, it would be career ending for me. Everyone involved in my recovery is on the same page as far as that goes. Since riding didn't pay my bills, it wasn't a complicated decision to make. If you were asking if what I went through was harder than two ACL reconstructions, I don't know as though it was harder or simply different. I've now had five surgical procedures as a result of my injury resulting in twelve or thirteen hours of surgical time. I've spent close to six months non weight bearing. And a year and a half later, I'm still going to physical therapy. The funny thing through it all is that I've never thought of quitting my career. And for the record, my career can be pretty physically demanding. I'm a firefighter/paramedic.

Your comments make it sound as though I'm the one that said he should go out and buy bikes and go off on his own. I never once said that, and don't think that's the best move. My guess is he ends up on a lower level team then he has been with a performance based contract for making the bigger money. That's a safe bet for all parties involved.

I'm not sure where your comment came from? Is all I was saying was that for big money, I would want a rider with a bit more of a current success record. Not that he should quit. Not that he shouldn't have a ride somewhere. A simple modest salary and good performance incentives.

WIlson has two back to back unfortunate injuries and now his value has dropped because he is fragile? Come on. If that isn't a sad state of affairs our sport is in I don't know what is.

I'm not digging on you Shane for your injuries. Stating you quit riding is true, it only supports that your injuries were no joke. But I thought you out of all people would understand the hill that has to be climbed to get back to where you were. Its tough and i've done it.

I hate reading all this couch riding comments like Wilson is just done and has no value now. Its pathetic.

National Champ Dean Wilson, young and out of work. Should have sold your soul to monster.

The Shop

Cygnus
9/29/2016 12:06pm
Markee wrote:
Whats the difference? A crane operator was trained and developed with thousands of hours on million dollar equipment. Put him in the street looking for a...
Whats the difference? A crane operator was trained and developed with thousands of hours on million dollar equipment. Put him in the street looking for a job, you really think buying a crane is a viable option?

Same rings true with a top tier mx/sx athlete. Its just not the bike cost, its the logistics and team that makes champions.
Andrew Short is laughing at you.
KTMShane699
9/29/2016 12:10pm
Markee wrote:
WIlson has two back to back unfortunate injuries and now his value has dropped because he is fragile? Come on. If that isn't a sad state...
WIlson has two back to back unfortunate injuries and now his value has dropped because he is fragile? Come on. If that isn't a sad state of affairs our sport is in I don't know what is.

I'm not digging on you Shane for your injuries. Stating you quit riding is true, it only supports that your injuries were no joke. But I thought you out of all people would understand the hill that has to be climbed to get back to where you were. Its tough and i've done it.

I hate reading all this couch riding comments like Wilson is just done and has no value now. Its pathetic.

National Champ Dean Wilson, young and out of work. Should have sold your soul to monster.

Wilson did have two back to back injuries. Two injuries that were not minor or insignificant. The flip side is that how long should someone's stock hold value when it hasn't been producing? It isn't a sad state of affairs as much as it is business. These guys are paid to race, to perform and ultimately to market product. If he can manage to put together a good season next year, his value can rise. Just because he's not worth what he once was, doesn't mean he can't climb in value or that he's done.

I certainly do understand the hill he's climbed. My personal feeling is that he is not done. I think he's going to secure a ride (the level is yet to be determined). A good season and he's back where he was. No different than others sports sending guys up and down from the minor leagues to rebuild/recover.

So again, I don't think he has no value or that he should be out of work. Can you honestly say he should be paid what he was making and on the exact same equipment after the past few years? I still think a modest salary and performance incentives is the way to go. This doesn't just apply to Wilson, my feeling is that it should apply to everyone.

I'm looking forward to next season and seeing who lands where. Next step is getting everyone to the season healthy so we can all enjoy some good racing.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/29/2016 12:12pm
Markee wrote:
Oh its that easy?

With a couple post you have single handedly negated any creditability. So you added 12k post with this logic...

seth505 wrote:
What is your suggestion? A bike rider as an independent contractor who rides a bike for a living isn't the same as a crane operator or...
What is your suggestion? A bike rider as an independent contractor who rides a bike for a living isn't the same as a crane operator or other job description.
Markee wrote:
Whats the difference? A crane operator was trained and developed with thousands of hours on million dollar equipment. Put him in the street looking for a...

I see it as 2 options for someone with a special skill. Either invest in yourself to further your career or change careers, what else is there besides waiting?

The reality is that if you're "pro level" at a sport it doesn't ensure that you make an actual living in that sport 12 months a year. Sucks...
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/29/2016 3:51pm
seth505 wrote:
Markee wrote:

seth505 wrote:
I see it as 2 options for someone with a special skill. Either invest in yourself to further your career or change careers, what else is...
I see it as 2 options for someone with a special skill. Either invest in yourself to further your career or change careers, what else is there besides waiting?

The reality is that if you're "pro level" at a sport it doesn't ensure that you make an actual living in that sport 12 months a year. Sucks...
So if a guy gets injured a couple times he needs to "either invest in himself or change careers"? I give you a few options asshole, 1. beat it. 2. suck it. Most riders especially Dean and the like invest in themselves with preparation and determination to get back to racing asap while you eat cheese fries.. Sick of this shit.

This is why this place looses so much creditability. The generalizations and broad brush paintings gets old.
Helder
9/29/2016 4:09pm
I agree Wilson deserves another crack I'm bias though I really like Wilson I think give him 1 year on good equipment for next year and see what he can do, SX is the big one and I think he will go good its more skill then hanging it out for 35min on a MX track after so long off.

Post a reply to: Wilson...

The Latest