Will you NOT go to a SX Race?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2020 6:34 AM

I wonder how much this coronavirus thing is going to hurt attendance?

Would you not go to a race or travel because of it?

I won't go to a race or travel because of the virus thingamajiggy

View Results

|

2/26/2020 6:36 AM

The buy into the media bs

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

2/26/2020 6:40 AM

Well I won’t be flying to Wuhan to watch one 😜

|

2/26/2020 6:40 AM

Wash your hands before eating and before picking your nose and you're good

|

2/26/2020 6:44 AM

I won't be going to one 'cause I can't afford it.

|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

2/26/2020 6:44 AM

I don't see China on the schedule... Only 1 SX event for me this year though, that was Phoenix.

Saving up for MXoN in Ernee. But, to be honest, that one is a question depending on what happens over the next 2 months.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/26/2020 6:51 AM

Jokes aside, it is getting pretty serious. I live in Asia and can see the effect it’s having on people. I was supposed to get a flight yesterday which got cancelled because too many people cancelled their flights, people are staying in their homes in fear. Shit if you cough once in the subway you can have a whole carriage to yourself. It is quite concerning how quickly the numbers are jumping up.

|

2/26/2020 7:13 AM

15 out of 350m people have coronavirus. Chances of getting it are pretty much zero.

|

2/26/2020 7:24 AM

I am loading myself into an airplane to fly to Atlanta Friday afternoon. Bringing lots of hand sanitizer lol.

|

2/26/2020 7:52 AM

If it turns into a pandemic.....I wouldn’t go

|

2/26/2020 7:55 AM

kb228 wrote:

15 out of 350m people have coronavirus. Chances of getting it are pretty much zero.

15 people have it? Not sure where you are getting your information, but you are waaaaaaaaaaay off
Over 1000 people in japan have it currently
Over 90,000 in China
Over 1000 in South Korea
It’s spreading incredibly quickly

|

2/26/2020 7:56 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

It is a worldwide pandemic already, has been for a couple weeks now

|

2/26/2020 7:56 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

blockhead17 wrote:

It is a worldwide pandemic already, has been for a couple weeks now

Nope it’s not a pandemic yet.

|

2/26/2020 8:03 AM

“Coronavirus outbreak has 'pandemic potential' but it's not there yet, WHO says
The word "pandemic comes from the Greek 'pandemos,' which means everybody. Demos means the population. Pan meaning everyone. So 'pandemos' is a concept where there's a belief that the whole world's population will likely be exposed to this infection and potentially a proportion of them fall sick," Dr. Mike Ryan, WHO executive director of the agency's Health Emergencies Programme, said during a press briefing with reporters on Monday.

When it comes specifically to the novel coronavirus disease or Covid-19, "what we don't understand yet in Covid-19 are the absolute transmission dynamics," Ryan said.

"We're in a phase of preparedness for a potential pandemic," he said. "Let's focus on what we can do and what we need to do, which is prepare. When we mean prepare, we mean prepare to detect cases, prepare to treat cases, prepare to follow contacts, prepare to put in place adequate containment measures."

'Pandemics mean different things to different people'

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said earlier this month that there is no actual scientific, definitive definition of what constitutes a pandemic”

|

2/26/2020 8:12 AM

I'm confident in my body's immune system, I wash my hands, and even when I do get sick (very rarely,) I tend to fight off whatever worthless, pathetic little germs are trying to invade my body within a day. No Fs given about the Coronavirus.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/26/2020 8:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2020 8:57 AM

kb228 wrote:

blockhead17 wrote:

15 people have it? Not sure where you are getting your information, but you are waaaaaaaaaaay off
Over 90,000 in China
Over 1000 in South Korea

He's talking about SX... SX is in the USA. That's the number of cases in the USA.

While I don't think it's a pandemic at this point, it is very nasty in a number of countries and if China would have worked with other world governments, we wouldn't be where we are today.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/26/2020 8:43 AM

Falcon wrote:

I'm confident in my body's immune system, I wash my hands, and even when I do get sick (very rarely,) I tend to fight off whatever worthless, pathetic little germs are trying to invade my body within a day. No Fs given about the Coronavirus.

80% of the people who would get it won’t be affected by it at all.

20% of the people who get it, could die.

If you get it and spread it and pass it on to 20 people, 2 of those people could die. Which 2 people in your universe would you like to see dead? <—- this is the real concern about getting it, even if it’s not going to affect you at all.

|

2/26/2020 9:37 AM

A close friend of Mines wife died yesterday, he is 45 I'm not sure her exact age, but around 40, I AM NOT SAYING ITS THIS Virus, just want to be clear on that, but I was from a sickness and was shocking none the less, he isn't some one i talk to super often but I have him on FB and see his posts And I saw him say he was taking his wife to the hospital, than the next day, he said she is feeling better but has pnemonia symptoms that came on quickly.
Than today he posted that she died last night.
Totally shocking. Anyway I only posted it here because it was from some type of sickness.
I truly hope this just goes away, and seems blown out of proportion considering that not many at all here are sick.

|

2/26/2020 9:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2020 10:02 AM

CDC says it will likely meet the criteria of a Pandemic. Not to the point yet I would not go, but the potential to get there exists.

From CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html

“Risk Assessment
Outbreaks of novel virus infections among people are always of public health concern. The risk from these outbreaks depends on characteristics of the virus, including how well it spreads between people, the severity of resulting illness, and the medical or other measures available to control the impact of the virus (for example, vaccine or treatment medications). The fact that this disease has caused illness, including illness resulting in death, and sustained person-to-person spread is concerning. These factors meet two of the criteria of a pandemic. As community spread is detected in more and more countries, the world moves closer toward meeting the third criteria, worldwide spread of the new virus.

The potential public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, both globally and to the United States.

But individual risk is dependent on exposure.

For the general American public, who are unlikely to be exposed to this virus at this time, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low.
Under current circumstances, certain people will have an increased risk of infection, for example healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19 and other close contacts of persons with COVID-19. CDC has developed guidance to help in the risk assessment and management of people with potential exposures to COVID-19.

However, it’s important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. In that case, the risk assessment would be different.”

|

2/26/2020 10:00 AM

kb228 wrote:

blockhead17 wrote:

Over 90,000 in China
Over 1000 in South Korea

Was talking about the states. .00000004% of the US population have the corona virus. Youre literally twice as more likely to win the lottery than to come in contact with someone who is quarantined with coronavirus.

|

2/26/2020 10:21 AM

Assuming when you include “travel” you’re meaning travel to an SX race, it crosses my mind but my family isn’t altering what we do too much. We’re calming down on crowded/busy places in general right now because there’s lots of illnesses going around in general.

And regarding the virus itself, I’ve been paying attention to it for a couple months and it seems to the point now where it makes sense to be sure your general emergency food and medicine prep stash is looking fine. If it gets any worse, I’d expect to start seeing some people panic buying food and supplies.

Next up is the impact of the supply chain disruptions from so many factories being shut down… Gonna be interesting to see how things unfold economically.

|

2/26/2020 10:22 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

A close friend of Mines wife died yesterday, he is 45 I'm not sure her exact age, but around 40, I AM NOT SAYING ITS THIS Virus, just want to be clear on that, but I was from a sickness and was shocking none the less, he isn't some one i talk to super often but I have him on FB and see his posts And I saw him say he was taking his wife to the hospital, than the next day, he said she is feeling better but has pnemonia symptoms that came on quickly.
Totally shocking. Anyway I only posted it here because it was from some type of sickness.
I truly hope this just goes away, and seems blown out of proportion considering that not many at all here are sick.

Man sorry to hear that!

My heart failure was from a virus.

|

2/26/2020 10:24 AM

Don't eat bats. Don't hang around anybody that eats bats. Don't let anybody that eats bats into our damned country...or at least not in the stadium where the races are going on.

That is all.

|

2/26/2020 10:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2020 10:28 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Don't eat bats. Don't hang around anybody that eats bats. Don't let anybody that eats bats into our damned country...or at least not in the stadium where the races are going on.

That is all.

😂😂😂

If I was a Pro I would quit doing autographs and get rid of the Kling-ons that hang around. You know most of those Kling-ons are bat eaters!

|

2/26/2020 10:57 AM

kb228 wrote:

blockhead17 wrote:

Over 90,000 in China
Over 1000 in South Korea

kb228 wrote:

Was talking about the states. .00000004% of the US population have the corona virus. Youre literally twice as more likely to win the lottery than to come in contact with someone who is quarantined with coronavirus.

This would very by the population density in you area and the amount of people traveling in and out. I'm in San Diego, California. The population density is very high. Also we have a large population of people from Asia with a large amount of people traveling back and forth from areas with high infection rates. Also we have lots of ports with ships arriving. Much different from someone in a more isolated and less densely populated location.

|

2/26/2020 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2020 11:01 AM

Hittin' my first SX in April at Sam Boyd.

I'll be following that up with Hangtown a couple of weeks later.

As it stands, no plans to cancel.

|

2/26/2020 11:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2020 11:04 AM

Falcon wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

If you get it and spread it and pass it on to 20 people, 2 of those people could die. Which 2 people in your universe would you like to see dead? <—- this is the real concern about getting it, even if it’s not going to affect you at all.

20% of 20 is 4 people. Just saying. I can think of a couple I would give a great big hug to BTW.

|

2/26/2020 11:05 AM

Falcon wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

walleyeguy wrote:

20% of 20 is 4 people. Just saying. I can think of a couple I would give a great big hug to BTW.

60% of the time he's right every time

|

2/26/2020 11:20 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Man sorry to hear that!

My heart failure was from a virus.

Thanks I'm not personally affected but sad for him and the kids.

|

2/26/2020 11:27 AM

Just saw ARDS this morning. Could easily ventilate but couldn’t oxygenate. Rarely do I see that one. Especially like textbook descriptions of it. Not corona related. People do pass everyday for a plethora of reasons.

Only treatment for corona is supportive.

|

GP740
Since 1987