Will we see THIS Chad Reed in Vegas?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2014 5:19 PM

If Chad needs to put RV in the Vegas Dirt will he do it?

Forward to 1:15:00

|

2/7/2014 6:12 PM

A lot of people dog Stewart out for wrecking people. I always remember this race when thinking of chad cause it shows his true self when things are on the line, and how low he will stoop to try and win a race. I don't think it gets much dirtier when racing.

|

2/7/2014 6:14 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

A lot of people dog Stewart out for wrecking people. I always remember this race when thinking of chad cause it shows his true ...more

You think that had nothing to do with Stewart's teammate trying to take Reed out a few races prior? Retaliation rather than aggression.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/7/2014 6:15 PM

I'm sorry but that is just down right shitty of chad. What a piece of work. I'm sure JT will defend him on how anybody would have done what he did in that situation. Lol. Chad= POS

|

2/7/2014 6:16 PM

Nothing wrong with it. No worse than what Barcia did to Roczen a few weeks ago

|

2/7/2014 6:17 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

I'm sorry but that is just down right shitty of chad. What a piece of work. I'm sure JT will defend him on how anybody would ...more

With comments like that, your time here will be very short....

|

2/7/2014 6:19 PM

Stewart had nothing personally to do with what his teammate did. A classier guy would have just did his best and what happens, happens.

There is no excuse for this race. Jus saying

|

2/7/2014 6:21 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

I'm sorry but that is just down right shitty of chad. What a piece of work. I'm sure JT will defend him on how anybody would ...more

Second time I have asked someone this this week, what was your user name before this?

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/7/2014 6:22 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

TheWeapon wrote:

I'm just calling it as I see it.

|

2/7/2014 6:24 PM

Sorry but no prior user name before this, nice try thou. I didn't mean to call chad reed that if it gets me kicked off. But is was kinda shady move on his part. So no need to get Sherlock Holmes on me.

|

2/7/2014 6:25 PM

Championship on the line and all Chad does is block his line and force him off the track. No worse then any other contact pass in a turn.

|

2/7/2014 6:31 PM

That reminds me of (I think) 1990 Japanese F1 Grand Prix. The only way Ayrton Senna could win the championship is if Alain Prost crashed out.Prost got pole position, Senna right behind him.Guess what happened in the first corner.
Some say dirty move, some say doing what you had to do to win a championship.

|

2/7/2014 6:36 PM

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it shows what kind of person you are. James tries to let him pass but chad refuses so he could take him out in that back corner.

|

2/7/2014 6:40 PM

I'm a big fan of both guys, and its not a big deal if its for the Championship.

|

2/7/2014 6:41 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

A lot of people dog Stewart out for wrecking people. I always remember this race when thinking of chad cause it shows his true ...more

JM485 wrote:

You think that had nothing to do with Stewart's teammate trying to take Reed out a few races prior? Retaliation rather than ...more

Yeah, that was a real dick move by Chisholm. I'm not a fan of dirty racing but I'm with you on this one, this was justified retaliation. Btw, arent KC and CR riding buddies these days?

|

I like Honda and 2-strokes. Bad combo.

2/7/2014 6:50 PM

I've seen worse passes for 5th place in C grade at a local club day...

|

The Villopoto strategy is simple. Get a good start and haul ass. If you don’t get a good start, haul more ass.

2/7/2014 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2014 7:14 PM

TheWeapon wrote:

Nothing wrong with it. No worse than what Barcia did to Roczen a few weeks ago

Roczen did not go off line, sit up, and basically give it to Barcia. JS was pretty much giving it up...content to let Chad pass him...then follow him around. Chad refused to pass him... Then Chad waits to put a move on in a "better spot"...and what do you know...contact. Making an aggressive pass when that is the only way to make the pass in one thing. Purposefully not passing a rider...so you can try and stuff him later is lame. At least he sort of admitted it on the podium.

The Prost Senna analogy might be good if Prost had purposefully moved over to let Senna go...and Senna STILL t-boned him.

I also don't think the Chad of today would pull that move... So...to the OP...no...I doubt we see that Chad.

|

2/7/2014 7:21 PM

I would like to see the 2-stroke Reed back. There was no better racing than Reed vs Carmichael on the 2-strokes.

|

2/7/2014 7:23 PM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Roczen did not go off line, sit up, and basically give it to Barcia. JS was pretty much giving it up...content to let Chad ...more

I want to agree...but Chad has way more to lose now than he did back then, the guy is invested on the tail end of a brilliant career. I think he would clean someones clock if it meant the championship. Anyone that finishes ahead of Chad is literally taking money out of his pocket,

Hannah would put RV in the cheap seats...hahaha

|

2/7/2014 8:29 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it shows what kind of person you are. James tries to let him pass but chad ...more

Some might say this "incident" is taken out of context. The context being the 16 or so races before hand. The only problem I see with it is it didn't work!

|

2/7/2014 9:29 PM

Stewart started it. Reed tried to finish it. It was 1000 years ago. Let it go bro. Reed and Stew obviously have.

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

2/7/2014 9:41 PM

MXNUT513 wrote:

great another 14 yr old reed hater joins the board, just what it needs!

dont let the bike hit you on the way over the bars

|

Mr Lee Van Cleef wouldnt mind

2/7/2014 9:48 PM

Jake-247 wrote:

I've seen worse passes for 5th place in C grade at a local club day...

Hahahaha! laughing

|

Has science gone too far?

2/7/2014 9:56 PM

No he will be riding a Kawaski and running the #22 this year.

Do you even watch the sport?

|

2/7/2014 11:26 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

Championship on the line and all Chad does is block his line and force him off the track. No worse then any other contact pass ...more

You must not understand moto?

James had to know he left the door open and Reed was coming up the inside. In hindsight I bet he wished he squared up that corner.

|

2/8/2014 5:32 AM

MXNUT513 wrote:

TheWeapon wrote:

Yep, yet another star of the class of 13'...

|

2/8/2014 5:54 AM

I hope he rides like that all year. I do worse charging through the lappers at a local hare scramble trying to get a little plastic trophy than Reed did to Stewart going for the championship in 09. he would have seen It coming for 30ft and it was just tuff blocks with all kinds of run off behind them . I give guys the choice to shut off or taste the shrubbery.

|

2/8/2014 6:40 AM

If the title chase is literally down to less than a handful of points, then yes there is a good chance.

|

2/8/2014 7:33 AM

For the title I would put my mother on the ground. My friends and i have done worse to each other in practice. Reed should of hit him harder.

|

2/8/2014 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2014 7:42 AM

MX558 wrote:

For the title I would put my mother on the ground. My friends and i have done worse to each other in practice. Reed should of ...more

exactly

its not like he did this weekly, its not like these two haven't traded paint over the years either, neither is an angel, and aggression is why they have championships. You look at every single champion ever, they take no prisoners. Shitty is cutting over in the air and doing things highly dangerous where the end result is a for sure injury. forcing an issue on the ground is a completely different deal.

|

A person is smart.... A group of people are only as smart as the loudest person in the room!