Will we ever see something similar to this that might help prevent spinal cord injuries

Edited Date/Time 5/30/2020 2:31pm
I realize there are many types of spinal cord/nerve damage injuries that occur along the spinal column that can affect everything beneath the point of injury to numbness in fingers or toes caused by a pin or plate putting pressure on certain nerves.

Specifically with respect to neck and spinal column injuries caused by hyperextension or direct impact from a foot peg along the back for example...... will there ever be a revolutionary, paradigm shifting breakthrough in protective gear.....perhaps something similar to this but with neck protection or some other completely different protection system that is more universally accepted/used than current neck brace technology that significantly prevents those types of injuries before they ever occur?

|
ProKawi24
5/30/2020 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2020 2:30pm
This definitely could help, especially in my case. The way I was paralyzed was going into a tall berm (arenacross, turn after the catapult) my throttle jammed and shot me over the berm and out into the wall. The impact broke 6 vertebra, T4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. I had a full chest protector and neck brace that likely saved me from being a quadriplegic instead of being a para.

Problem is the more layers of protection you wear, the tougher it is to ride and the tougher it is to ride the more dangerous it could be. We all know the dangers of this sport and what can happen. I knew it but still chose to ride and would do it all over again.

Post a reply to: Will we ever see something similar to this that might help prevent spinal cord injuries

The Latest