Will there be 2021 SX?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2020 7:04 PM

We are half way through August and no one talking about next year's schedule. If come January and fans are still not allowed in the stadiums, will there be a series? Personally I don't see Feld hosting a full season with no fans. Finishing out a series that's already in progress is much different than starting a new series. Thoughts?

|

8/11/2020 7:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2020 7:18 PM

Yup. trudat.
We "could" save money by combining AMA outdoors, Supercross, MXGP, Endurocross, WESS, Flat track... into a single championship .
6 to 8 races a year, each race preceded and followed by 4 weeks quarantine.

The winner would be the FMFOTP
fastest mofo of the planet.
Biggest bragging rights.

We could call these series.. TRANS...WORLD..MOFO..Championship?

Let's talk to Giuseppe & consorts

|

8/11/2020 7:26 PM

very high possibility that there won’t be a supercross season untill late summer in 21.

|

8/11/2020 9:15 PM

I highly doubt it will be a business as usual 2021 SX. There are a lot off things that could change between now and then, so no need to panic. I just wouldn't count on a traditional schedule in 2021. We need to see what happens with football this fall - which I still have my doubts as to how in the world that is possible to go on. College football is likely pushing out to the spring - some conferences already have, others likely to follow. Will there be a vaccine? Will it work? Will treatment strategies become more defined and effective? Will rapid testing be available? Will football stadiums still be available to ride SX in if they push the NFL season out? Will they have limited fan access, any fan access, etc? Lots of questions that will slowly start to get answered in the coming months.

I just wouldn't expect anything like a typical SX season for 2021. Now, 2022 could get back to normal for sure.

|

8/11/2020 10:27 PM

I don’t see how it could happen with no spectators. Other sports have huge tv contracts so they can play ball or race cars and still make money. A lot will have to change pretty quickly to allow fans n the stands the first part of January.

|

8/12/2020 5:35 AM

College Football canceling the season, makes my hopes pretty small.
Feld may have to run a smaller series and maybe only hold it in one place again. Would be sweet to run a bunch of SX rounds at Daytona and change the track each time like a true SX. Fans could be held at 40% and spread out?

|

8/12/2020 5:45 AM

Depends on what happens in November.

|

8/12/2020 6:49 AM

I'm not planning or hoping for anything. If anything does happen, it'll be a new game and not what we're used to.

Glad I got out and went to the Arlington SX! Now I can tell my grand-kids "yessss......back in The Before Times I went to a LIVE Supercross!!! No masks!!! I touched the handrails!!! And used the public restrooms. And lived." They'll go "Cool story, gramps." and go back to playing video games and I'll roll my chair in front of the window and stare wistfully outside, breathe deeply, and recall the smell of race gas.

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

8/12/2020 6:54 AM

With the expected covid outbreak this fall, no chance.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/12/2020 8:55 AM

I'm just guessing here, but, my assumption is immediately after the election the virus will become much less important.

|

Was once there, now old, fat and tired... require much more horsepower now...

8/12/2020 9:18 AM

Can we get at least half way through outdoors before we worry about SX? If they were able to complete the 2020 season, why wouldn’t they do a 2021 season. Yes it might be tweaked, the season opener could be Dallas, who know what they might do. But sit back for a few weeks and let’s enjoy the great out doors.

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

8/12/2020 9:18 AM

but Roczen said he'll sit out the outdoors...."with the ultimate objective of making a championship run at the 2021 AMA Supercross series."

https://racerxonline.com/2020/08/10/450-words-ken-roczen-out-for-2020-ama-pro-motocross

|

8/12/2020 9:20 AM

goinrcn44h wrote:

I'm just guessing here, but, my assumption is immediately after the election the virus will become much less important.

So the virus will just go away around the whole world or just in America?

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

8/12/2020 9:21 AM

I wonder if they could / would ever look at changing it to all outdoor venues? Obviously this would keep the series in the southern half of the US, but you could still run races, televise it, keep safe social distancing, and avoid the extremely high venue rental fees.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

8/12/2020 9:28 AM

mirramaxx wrote:

College Football canceling the season, makes my hopes pretty small.
Feld may have to run a smaller series and maybe only hold it in one place again. Would be sweet to run a bunch of SX rounds at Daytona and change the track each time like a true SX. Fans could be held at 40% and spread out?

I could see capping the amount of fans at a certain percentage to allow social distancing. Another thing mentioned was having multiple rounds at one location. Could do 2-3 rounds at one stadium, then go to another stadium. Make SX a 12 round series, have 1-2 combined E/W rounds for the 250 before the E/W shootout. Maybe do like Formula 1 does, in the main event, if you get the fastest lap, you get an extra point. Also, if you get the holeshot in the main, a point for that. Something to make the series a bit more exciting if it's shortened.

|

8/12/2020 9:29 AM

mofomotojoe wrote:

Yup. trudat.
We "could" save money by combining AMA outdoors, Supercross, MXGP, Endurocross, WESS, Flat track... into a single championship .
6 to 8 races a year, each race preceded and followed by 4 weeks quarantine.

The winner would be the FMFOTP
fastest mofo of the planet.
Biggest bragging rights.

We could call these series.. TRANS...WORLD..MOFO..Championship?

Let's talk to Giuseppe & consorts

Sipes for the win, stamp it

|

rarararaataatatatata

8/12/2020 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2020 11:29 AM

nope he means after he gets elected 4 more years he'll push a button at the virus will disappear like he said at the beginning....he almost promised devil

ps: i know down votes will go ballistic 0_o

|

8/12/2020 11:58 AM

wolfplayer wrote:

but Roczen said he'll sit out the outdoors...."with the ultimate objective of making a championship run at the 2021 AMA Supercross series."

https://racerxonline.com/2020/08/10/450-words-ken-roczen-out-for-2020-ama-pro-motocross

Hi DanielMode, #wrong, #fakebook.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/12/2020 12:10 PM

Poutine announced on tuesday the first registration of a vaccine ; is it a long term one ? Safe ? Will it be rolled before autumn ? I don't know, anyway that will continue to make the markets hot right now (back to normal so mega bubble from what was already one vs. next expected profits = mega crash when the reality hits ? Others are announcing inflation, etc, lots of uncertainty).

But the main news: I think SX should happen wink
|

8/12/2020 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2020 12:39 PM

My guess is not in the normal way we are used to.

Moderna has been a bit slow to enroll people for Phase 3. I would bet that the vaccine is safe and works well enough, but it won't be approved and manufactured until Jan 1 at the very earliest. No way you are vaccinating the general population fast enough to make filling the stadium during A1 safe.

It does seem that, once you get to about 30% infected in an area, the combination of herd immunity and social distancing / masks dramatically decreases the reproduction rate. Look at Italy, then NYC, and now Florida. We are doing a "good job" of getting there in the US in general. Now, if you pack a stadium with people and only 30% are immune and no one is social distancing or wearing masks, that's a super spreading event and just won't happen. So, even if things are calmer by then, I just don't see us packing stadiums until we have a vaccine.

2021 Motocross will be normal again.

One major thing that could play a role is rapid saliva testing. This won't let us have fans at races, but it will certainly keep racers and race teams much safer. This is how the NBA is doing it.

|

8/12/2020 12:56 PM

Question wrote:
Poutine announced on tuesday the first registration of a vaccine ; is it a long term one ? Safe ? Will it be rolled before autumn ? I don't know, anyway that will continue to make the markets hot right now (back to normal so mega bubble from what was already one vs. next expected profits = mega crash when the reality hits ? Others are announcing inflation, etc, lots of uncertainty).

But the main news: I think SX should happen wink

Agreed.

The economy right now is like a roached out 125 on CraigsList that's covered in WD-40. It looks pretty at first, but when you take a closer look...

|

8/13/2020 9:36 AM

Do I think SX will happen? Yes, will it be different? Absolutely.

The thing to remember about our sport is that it is non contact, unless it's with the ground smile. Football is a contact sport where athletes are in close contact swapping sweat, spit and what other body fluids leave the body during the event.

I could see limited seating and similar events to how the MX season is being conducted. Some of the stadiums that are normal staples may not see an event due to govt regulations but others may as some states are not as strict etc.

There is too much money at stake for Feld not to try and get a SX season in.

|

8/13/2020 1:18 PM

DoctorJD wrote:

Depends on what happens in November.

Are you talking about the election? How will the results of the election change how society proceeds with coronavirus?

|

8/13/2020 1:46 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

Are you talking about the election? How will the results of the election change how society proceeds with coronavirus?

You have got to be kidding me with that response, i mean thats a grade A troll job lol.

|

8/13/2020 2:09 PM

|

8/13/2020 4:37 PM

If Sturgis can pull it off....

|

8/13/2020 5:04 PM

More of a States issue anyway. I don't think there will be full capacity crowds at most rounds and likely multiple rounds at some venues.

|

8/13/2020 5:11 PM

Richie your correct but missing the fact that the majority of the usa thinks this is soley for political (money) gain and overblown. 80% dont social distance/wear masks. Hopefully they all die from the virus and those of us who follow the rules can have racing again next year.

|

8/13/2020 5:50 PM

Classy response. You sure seem like a first class human.

I’m sure any potential customers of whatever Gforce Coatings is would love to know how you feel about human lives. I tried googling it but nothing came up, not surprised.

|

8/13/2020 6:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2020 6:20 PM

Cant stop stupid. Americans have the freedom to choose to live or die. If they choose not to social distance and wear a mask its on them if they parish. Suicide. As far as your slander your so beneath me the truth needs no defense but since your game lets compare your last 20 customer builds to mine lol.

|