Will the nationals actually go ahead?

gerg
6/30/2020 6:11pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy...
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy enough to believe this is a hoax. Millions of Americans have lost loved ones to the "hoax". Lots of them due to people who refused to believe it was real and rebelled against cautions.
Tracktor wrote:
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of...
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of unconfirmed cases.....................BTW, people need to realize that Covid testing isn't a yes/no test. It's extremely subjective. Funny how there are so many "facts" being quoted around a virus there still isn't even an accurate test for......
That reading comprehension.

Fonzarelli said millions lost loved ones not died.

And it's 120,000 people not dollars!
Excaliburbmx
6/30/2020 6:26pm
So far we have 2 races scheduled. Which is the next ones?

Let’s get the flip back on topic
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/30/2020 7:29pm
I can see, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, a couple of facilities running multiple events. If spread over a 2 week period, 2 facilities run 4 events alternating between the 2. I can only imagine these topics are being discussed in the war room as we see more events less likely to run or cancelled altogether.

Right now, the Ironman National is going lay the groundwork on what can be done, what works, and what might not...
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
6/30/2020 8:20pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Serious question here for everyone: If there are 8-10 Nationals that go ahead this summer/autumn, but attending them requires you to wear a mask AND maintain...
Serious question here for everyone:

If there are 8-10 Nationals that go ahead this summer/autumn, but attending them requires you to wear a mask AND maintain reasonable distance to other groups, will you attend?

From what I've seen on social media during SX, the photos of people in masks seem to outrage a lot of the so-called fans of the sport. I say "so-called" because I think there are a lot of fucktards on Instagram who wouldn't know which side the rear brake pedal is on. But my point here is, if there were requirements in place, would you support the sport, follow the rules and attend the races?

EDIT: I changed my wording to wear a mask and observe reasonable distancing between other groups because this seems to be the combo that keeps the virus from spreading more rapidly. The science lags so far behind the moment in this pandemic, we'll know what worked and didn't work years after it's all over.
Fair Enough question, and probably a good question.
And my honest answer is If I had to wear a mask all day out in the hot sun I wouldn't go. I Have no problem with the social distancing part. But wearing a mask while at an outdoor event is not happening. And I'm not convinced that a mask is actually gonna stop it I feel like your either gonna get it or your not.
But I would attend even right now without a mask though and be fine with it.
Infact I would go to them all and Work at them If I could find a way to do so.

The Shop

bsharkey
6/30/2020 11:01pm
I saw today there's a good possibility of counties going backwards in washington state and everything is temporarily frozen right now. Things are not looking good right now. If it continues to rise I'd be willing to bet we will go back to phase 1 after the 4th of july
Indy mxer
7/1/2020 4:42am
Fonzarelli wrote:
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy...
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy enough to believe this is a hoax. Millions of Americans have lost loved ones to the "hoax". Lots of them due to people who refused to believe it was real and rebelled against cautions.
Tracktor wrote:
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of...
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of unconfirmed cases.....................BTW, people need to realize that Covid testing isn't a yes/no test. It's extremely subjective. Funny how there are so many "facts" being quoted around a virus there still isn't even an accurate test for......
gerg wrote:
That reading comprehension.

Fonzarelli said millions lost loved ones not died.

And it's 120,000 people not dollars!
We have 335 million people in this country. So while the virus is very serious, the amount of people who have died from it is about 1/3 of 1%. Plus, nobody has mentioned the mental and financial toll the shutdown has taken on many people

Unfortunately, we're going to have to live with it until we get the vaccine.
We just have to be smart and do the best we can. Life has to go on, we can't take another shut down.

7/1/2020 4:50am
The usa leads the planet in the spread of cv19. The world is about to wittness how selfish and ignorant the citizens of this country are.
USA leads the way in testing of covid-19. No other country is doing as much daily testing as America, so obviously there will be a higher number of cases.

Back on topic, I had planned to fly back and do the 125 All-star race at Pala for the experience/fun, but that aint happening. Keen to see some racing regardless.
BroFoSho
7/1/2020 9:13am
The usa leads the planet in the spread of cv19. The world is about to wittness how selfish and ignorant the citizens of this country are.
USA leads the way in testing of covid-19. No other country is doing as much daily testing as America, so obviously there will be a higher...
USA leads the way in testing of covid-19. No other country is doing as much daily testing as America, so obviously there will be a higher number of cases.

Back on topic, I had planned to fly back and do the 125 All-star race at Pala for the experience/fun, but that aint happening. Keen to see some racing regardless.
I actually got bored and ran the numbers yesterday, and you are correct. The USA is testing 41% more than the EU (sum of all EU countries). However, the USA also has a 780% increase in positive test results (using 7-day average ending 6/25) compared to the EU.
So 41% more testing, but 780% more positives.....

But back on topic, I think if they are going to do multiple events at each venue they will have to do them back-to-back. Trying to alternate between venues increasing air travel which is the last thing riders would probably want to do.
toroP
7/1/2020 10:03am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2020 10:45am
EngIceDave wrote:
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks. Don't...
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks.

Don't need no masks during surgery, they're useless

USELESS I TELL YOU!!

526 wrote:
Or at least tell them to change the mask with every patient or surgery Oh wait they are taught that in medical school. They don't walk...
Or at least tell them to change the mask with every patient or surgery Oh wait they are taught that in medical school. They don't walk around on a 95 degree day with a mask on exercising for 9-10hrs but this is America you can do as you choose and follow who you choose that is why this country is so great you can make your own choices.
So you’re telling me I don’t have to wear pants in public? So it’s my choice to wear chaps only for my evening stroll through the neighborhood? Because it’s a free country, I should be able to wear mask, only, when grocery shopping, right?
Anton_514
7/1/2020 10:45am
Couple of things that are important to know...

When we were in Utah, the teams openly said they will only race if there is a certain number of events, and that they would like to see confirmed dates, or else they would not come to any.

There was a proposed schedule of going Ironman-Florida-Washougal-High Point/Loretta's. No one I talked with, from rig drivers to team managers to privateers, felt that would be good given the economic situation or the strain it'd put on them, but it sounds like that's gone away.

Even if things are less rigid than they were in Supercross, expect factory teams to take measures that keep their staff safe while on the job, like a lot of hand sanitizer or reduced access inside their rigs.

https://www.swapmotolive.com/kickstart-2020-pro-motocross-chatter-trans…
hamncheeze
7/1/2020 10:53am
BroFoSho wrote:
I actually got bored and ran the numbers yesterday, and you are correct. The USA is testing 41% more than the EU (sum of all EU...
I actually got bored and ran the numbers yesterday, and you are correct. The USA is testing 41% more than the EU (sum of all EU countries). However, the USA also has a 780% increase in positive test results (using 7-day average ending 6/25) compared to the EU.
So 41% more testing, but 780% more positives.....

But back on topic, I think if they are going to do multiple events at each venue they will have to do them back-to-back. Trying to alternate between venues increasing air travel which is the last thing riders would probably want to do.
Plus the travel costs for the teams would be a factor, especially since budgets have taken a hit. Maybe the best case scenario is doubled up events at 4 locations that can hold the racing under state/county guidelines. Race two weekends, weekend off and move.

I’m sure there are a lot of conversations going on between MX Sports, AMA, tracks, teams, states, counties. I hope we can get 8 rounds in.
mxrider641
7/1/2020 11:46am
From Pro Motocross:
Despite the tireless and sustained efforts on behalf of both series and event organizers, MX Sports Pro Racing has made the difficult decision to further postpone the start of the 2020 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
7/3/2020 11:28am
bsharkey wrote:
I saw today there's a good possibility of counties going backwards in washington state and everything is temporarily frozen right now. Things are not looking good...
I saw today there's a good possibility of counties going backwards in washington state and everything is temporarily frozen right now. Things are not looking good right now. If it continues to rise I'd be willing to bet we will go back to phase 1 after the 4th of july
We have Had a bunch of Bars and restaurants in the town Pi live in which is In minnesota re close. Including an Applebee's where the whole staff apparently is positive.
But In the Same town we went to the public pool yesterday lol. And at the same time they are talking about making masks mandatory lol 😆 its all a little up in the air.
If anyone listened to The podcast with DC yesterday that weeje made
He said Nobody's Crystal 🔮 is working right now sounds about right ✅
7/3/2020 11:39am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2020 2:23pm
edit: Removed out of respect for Tarz.
7/3/2020 11:58am
Damn. There was a 106 page virus thread in non moto. Might need to reopen that up. A lot of similar arguments in here with new faces. If y’all wanna start posting pictures of volleyball players the solution will be solved to this thread pretty quickly.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
7/3/2020 12:32pm
I dont Deny bad decisions I've made a shit ton of them without a doubt! I have 6 Kids yes 6, I was an alcoholic for 10 years and I could go on. To be honest I didn't have much guidance and learned most things the hard way. But I accept responsibility for my Decision.
But as far as this Covid thing goes I have twin 2 yr olds and a 6 yr old in the house. So other than keeping them inside all summer long I don't think we can avoid it.. It wasn't only my Decision either I have a wife and it was mostly her decisions to take them to the pool. But It is open so that is not our decision either. Personally I do think Schools are going to be an issue. Kids bring home everything so Im not sure what they are gonna do there.
Oh and With 6 kids yes it is tough to afford dirt bikes
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
7/3/2020 12:35pm
Damn. There was a 106 page virus thread in non moto. Might need to reopen that up. A lot of similar arguments in here with new...
Damn. There was a 106 page virus thread in non moto. Might need to reopen that up. A lot of similar arguments in here with new faces. If y’all wanna start posting pictures of volleyball players the solution will be solved to this thread pretty quickly.
Sorry your right a few of my responses should have been in that thread. Its a bummer that the nationals Got Canceled again. I Really hope they Come back in August but after this cancelation I'm definitely skeptical!
When Is Loretta's is that still on ?
Motoxdoc
7/3/2020 12:38pm
Every time I opened vital I was surprised to see this thread still alive. Every time I posted in this thread I felt like I was walking on egg shells and sticking my neck out...but it's hard not to reply to some of the crazy statements flying around here. Some of my posts got deleted but I didn't get clipped. Thanks for that Gibby! I try to be respectful with logical reasoning, but I'm sure some here think that I push the limits. I 100% believe DC has our sports best interest in mind. More dead/sick people aren't good for the economy or our sport. Lets beat the virus, THEN start everything up again, including racing, safely! Again, thanks for your tolerance regarding this thread Gibby...or ML512...or any other moderator for that matter.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/3/2020 12:39pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I dont Deny bad decisions I've made a shit ton of them without a doubt! I have 6 Kids yes 6, I was an alcoholic for...
I dont Deny bad decisions I've made a shit ton of them without a doubt! I have 6 Kids yes 6, I was an alcoholic for 10 years and I could go on. To be honest I didn't have much guidance and learned most things the hard way. But I accept responsibility for my Decision.
But as far as this Covid thing goes I have twin 2 yr olds and a 6 yr old in the house. So other than keeping them inside all summer long I don't think we can avoid it.. It wasn't only my Decision either I have a wife and it was mostly her decisions to take them to the pool. But It is open so that is not our decision either. Personally I do think Schools are going to be an issue. Kids bring home everything so Im not sure what they are gonna do there.
We've all fucked up at some point in our lives, but it's the one's that own it and try to do better that get my respect, and you've got it for sure Homie. Keep on keeping on, it gets better.
7/3/2020 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2020 12:41pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I dont Deny bad decisions I've made a shit ton of them without a doubt! I have 6 Kids yes 6, I was an alcoholic for...
Guess I just found the tone more cavalier in your initial response. I'm staying with my sister and her 3 young ones so I know the struggle. Just hope you'll all stay safe. I've got a few bucks I'd gladly send your way towards an inflatable pool for your backyard if you've the space, but wow that public pool is much more spacious than any I've seen—going to be hard to compete with that.
7/3/2020 1:21pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Dude...you don't need to explain your life decisions/situations or mistakes to some clown who's judging you. Everyone has made mistakes we wish we could take back. Everyone has different priorities in life....so "not being able to afford" a bike due to a family tells me your head is in the right place.

6 kids... WOW! Good on you for beating the bottle. Most importantly...good on you for being a good husband and a dad.

Post a reply to: Will the nationals actually go ahead?

The Latest