Will the nationals actually go ahead?

dedi684
6/28/2020 8:17am
If you show up at southwick or budds creek in august to watch moto in a mask, you’re a true fan.
Im at southwick today. No way im wearing a mask all day.
6/28/2020 8:27am
If you show up at southwick or budds creek in august to watch moto in a mask, you’re a true fan.
dedi684 wrote:
Not while you ride just in public lol
Fonzarelli
6/28/2020 9:55am
avidchimp wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/28/434782/s1200_Breakfast_Club.jpg[/img]

The Shop

bsharkey
6/28/2020 10:42pm
I can tell you the last 4 months have been hell as I have had serious health issues. Not to mention it was impossible to see a doctor and they sent 80% of them home. I have more than a few friends working in covid units and even though where I live wasnt near what the news said none the less I'd rather not take any chances getting this shit because what hey told me sucks. I also lost my best friend during this pandemic so it's been extremely hard. If your sick stay the hell home and I know all you people are all up in " my rights bs" but do us a favor and wear the dang thing. It does help with transmission, it's no cure or even 100% but its better than nothing. This is not the time to be selfish. I care about all you guys.i just hope others feel the same. It sucks when your one of the ones who has underlying conditions. And no im.not a liberal ether. I just cant see how these races could even get started. I live in washington and right now Clark county is only in phase2 and theres no way the race at washougal will run unless they are in phase 4. Seems very unlikely at this point.
6/29/2020 4:55am
EngIceDave wrote:
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks. Don't...
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks.

Don't need no masks during surgery, they're useless

USELESS I TELL YOU!!

Or at least tell them to change the mask with every patient or surgery Oh wait they are taught that in medical school. They don't walk around on a 95 degree day with a mask on exercising for 9-10hrs but this is America you can do as you choose and follow who you choose that is why this country is so great you can make your own choices.
Snapper
6/29/2020 5:36am
EngIceDave wrote:
From WW Ranch website (Florida National) Pro Paddock Procedures: The Pro Paddock will be closed to fans. Pro autograph sessions are suspended. Podium celebrations are suspended...
From WW Ranch website (Florida National)

Pro Paddock Procedures:

The Pro Paddock will be closed to fans.
Pro autograph sessions are suspended.
Podium celebrations are suspended.
Pro post-race interviews and awards will be conducted in the paddock.
If that's what it takes for the Nationals to happen, then so be it.

It'll be a shame if masks for the crowd are mandatory but people remove them once they're inside the facility.
6/29/2020 5:37am
bsharkey wrote:
I can tell you the last 4 months have been hell as I have had serious health issues. Not to mention it was impossible to see...
I can tell you the last 4 months have been hell as I have had serious health issues. Not to mention it was impossible to see a doctor and they sent 80% of them home. I have more than a few friends working in covid units and even though where I live wasnt near what the news said none the less I'd rather not take any chances getting this shit because what hey told me sucks. I also lost my best friend during this pandemic so it's been extremely hard. If your sick stay the hell home and I know all you people are all up in " my rights bs" but do us a favor and wear the dang thing. It does help with transmission, it's no cure or even 100% but its better than nothing. This is not the time to be selfish. I care about all you guys.i just hope others feel the same. It sucks when your one of the ones who has underlying conditions. And no im.not a liberal ether. I just cant see how these races could even get started. I live in washington and right now Clark county is only in phase2 and theres no way the race at washougal will run unless they are in phase 4. Seems very unlikely at this point.
So I’m curious were you or your friend actually tested for COVID?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
6/29/2020 5:45am
bsharkey wrote:
I can tell you the last 4 months have been hell as I have had serious health issues. Not to mention it was impossible to see...
My neighbor was. She was in her 50s and passed away from Covid 3 weeks ago.

My coworkers wife just had her coworker test positive.

I’ve had 3 people that are barely removed from me test positive. People I’ve seen and met. For the “do you even know anyone” crowd. Yes I know someone who has died from it and was “young” and I know several who have gotten it
bsharkey
6/29/2020 10:44am
bsharkey wrote:
Yes I was but only because I needed a medical procedure. If I didnt get tested I basically couldnt get medical care. When I went most people who were there were not sick but our state requires it now for all medical procedure or surgeries. I have two friends who work in a covid unit. Like I said what they told me I never want to experience but at least here they were never overwhelmed. When my friend passed it was horrible. I feel for anyone who lost loved ones and couldn't see them because it happened to many of us.
TMessi111
6/30/2020 7:55am
Are they going to allow spectators???
6/30/2020 10:10am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2020 10:12am
A retired dude (and HAM radio operator/enthusiast) in Georgia has been collecting data from GADPH every day since covid started and releases daily stats and trends. Dude is even keeled and not like skewing results to show one thing or another.

He recently looked at how increased testing related to active cases and here's his findings:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusGA/comments/hi0zqu/is_it_infection_…

"Answer - of the 5,500 new cases in Georgia last week, 17% were the result of incremental tests. 83% of the Georgia cases came from a higher infection rate."

That is just for the state of Georgia, but take from it what you will.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/30/2020 10:23am
Wonder how they are gonna deal with porta potties. No joking those seem like a great vector to spread the disease.
Stop licking the seat. No problem. Wink
Fonzarelli
6/30/2020 10:30am
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy enough to believe this is a hoax. Millions of Americans have lost loved ones to the "hoax". Lots of them due to people who refused to believe it was real and rebelled against cautions.
RalphS
6/30/2020 11:09am
I always enjoy to see how everyone has an opinion and is either "an expert" or quotes "an expert" a "chart" or a "study". Bottom line we don't know shit and this ain't Twitter.
Harry_Gray
6/30/2020 11:44am
Crush wrote:
I'd love to see a version of what they did in SX. Get the 4 or 5 venues that are willing/able and get them to do...
I'd love to see a version of what they did in SX.

Get the 4 or 5 venues that are willing/able and get them to do 2 or 3 races each.... whatever the number ends up being.

You could potentially space them out over 3 weekends so the venue is making the most of potential crowd viability... and reducing prep costs as much as possible
I think quite a few people could get behind this; unless no fans would (or could be allowed), limit ticket sales and have sections of the viewing areas that are limited to x amount of people (depending on the racetrack and viewing areas they have). Make a 10 round season and go from there.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
6/30/2020 11:44am
If they dont have spectators they should just do a live stream package that costs double to normal. I would be down.

Otherwise - CRAZY IDEA: Host them in NEW ZEALAND. We are covid free and have HEAPS of mint tracks.. mandatory 2 week quarantine when entering the country tho..
sandtrack315
6/30/2020 11:46am
dedi684 wrote:
Yeah, I was at Southwick that day too. Track was unreal. It was hot! I sat in my truck with the AC blasting between motos haha. But yeah, there was no need for masks, as people were spread out.

If everyone wears masks and attendance is limited, I don't see a health problem with the nationals going forward. However, given the explosion of cases, it does seem like governors are going to lock things down in a lot of the states that we previously thought would be okay for nationals (e.g., Florida). Ironically, the states that looked the worst, like NY, might be in the best shape to hold nationals now.

I would pay a lot of money to support the sport and get the nationals going all summer without fans. What is the average profit per attendee? I will pay 4 times that to sit safely in my living room and watch them all on TV.
Mr. Info
6/30/2020 11:52am
Who pays the tracks for all of this? Remember they have a $70,000 purse, Track build and the infrastructure they have to have for the TV crews, Watering and still some equipment rentals. And the fee they pay MX Sports if you have more than one race thats a whole lot of money and nothing coming in.
I think its best to call it early and let the teams not absorb any more cost in outdoor testing and development of the 2020 and take a step back and then gear up for the chance they have a 2021 season.
OldYZRider1
6/30/2020 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2020 2:05pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy...
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy enough to believe this is a hoax. Millions of Americans have lost loved ones to the "hoax". Lots of them due to people who refused to believe it was real and rebelled against cautions.
I've not heard what the death lag period is currently. Early Chinese data found only about a 6 day period but many early reports were saying 7-21 days. This was back at a time when testing was not as readily/easily available so the lag period may be greater now as people are able to know when they became infected better.

Since the majority of the new cases are in the younger people the hope is that they'll be better able to handle the virus. Consequently the death rate won't be as high as we've been seeing as it was wiping out the elderly and compromised in nursing homes.

If hospitalizations escalate and they begin to overload then there'll be more restrictions coming.
Tracktor
6/30/2020 2:08pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Deaths lag cases by 28 days on average, this massive spike is only two weeks old and it's not flattened. I am glad you are healthy...
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of unconfirmed cases.....................BTW, people need to realize that Covid testing isn't a yes/no test. It's extremely subjective. Funny how there are so many "facts" being quoted around a virus there still isn't even an accurate test for......
DA498
6/30/2020 2:23pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of...
"Millions of Americans" have died from Covid? Well that's news to the CDC then. They only show around $120k & that includes a massive amount of unconfirmed cases.....................BTW, people need to realize that Covid testing isn't a yes/no test. It's extremely subjective. Funny how there are so many "facts" being quoted around a virus there still isn't even an accurate test for......
Well technically he said millions have lost people, so if each of the appx. 120,000 deaths had 10 friends we would be in the millions.

If we’re having Nationals or not, I think it’s going to be more touch than go. I can’t see having them if all involved are losing money.
Fonzarelli
6/30/2020 2:29pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
I've not heard what the death lag period is currently. Early Chinese data found only about a 6 day period but many early reports were saying...
I've not heard what the death lag period is currently. Early Chinese data found only about a 6 day period but many early reports were saying 7-21 days. This was back at a time when testing was not as readily/easily available so the lag period may be greater now as people are able to know when they became infected better.

Since the majority of the new cases are in the younger people the hope is that they'll be better able to handle the virus. Consequently the death rate won't be as high as we've been seeing as it was wiping out the elderly and compromised in nursing homes.

If hospitalizations escalate and they begin to overload then there'll be more restrictions coming.
Yes, it's due to earlier testing and also due to people living longer before they die. The 28 day number came from a CDC spokeswoman just 2 days ago. You are right that it looks like more younger people are getting it now than before. That combined with us have some actual effective treatments will certainly lower the death rate from the first big wave. Exactly how much is yet to be seen. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
6/30/2020 5:08pm
If we all social distance, wear a mask and disinfect we can have nationals. If you care about our sport put your chest pounding freedom rights attitude aside. Life has changed. Get next to it. Dont attend if your too selfish to respect what is expected of you as a fan of the sport.
EngIceDave
6/30/2020 5:17pm
Snapper wrote:
If that's what it takes for the Nationals to happen, then so be it. It'll be a shame if masks for the crowd are mandatory but...
If that's what it takes for the Nationals to happen, then so be it.

It'll be a shame if masks for the crowd are mandatory but people remove them once they're inside the facility.
Website says masks are optional
Lucifa.
6/30/2020 5:18pm
EngIceDave wrote:
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks. Don't...
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks.

Don't need no masks during surgery, they're useless

USELESS I TELL YOU!!

526 wrote:
Or at least tell them to change the mask with every patient or surgery Oh wait they are taught that in medical school. They don't walk...
Or at least tell them to change the mask with every patient or surgery Oh wait they are taught that in medical school. They don't walk around on a 95 degree day with a mask on exercising for 9-10hrs but this is America you can do as you choose and follow who you choose that is why this country is so great you can make your own choices.
And thats why America is in the fucking shit with Covid 19. But hey, keeping do what you like. Fuck everyone else right?
6/30/2020 5:31pm
The usa leads the planet in the spread of cv19. The world is about to wittness how selfish and ignorant the citizens of this country are.
6/30/2020 5:41pm
Florida governor said today he refuses to shutdown the whole state. So, unless local authorities pursue to end it, WW Ranch will be a go from the highest level.
6/30/2020 5:57pm
Any cv19 casualty at this point is a personal choice if attending a public event without enforcement of social distancing, masks, etc and should be considered suicide as cause of death. No reason ignorance should exempt people for being dirt stupid for life insurance payouts.

Post a reply to: Will the nationals actually go ahead?

The Latest