Will the nationals actually go ahead?

CPR
6/26/2020 10:18am
CPR wrote:
Don’t believe the hype? You think those figures are good? Australian numbers as of 26/6 Positive cases - 7593 Deaths - 106 This is out of...
Don’t believe the hype? You think those figures are good?

Australian numbers as of 26/6
Positive cases - 7593
Deaths - 106

This is out of 25 million people, so very comparable.

The USA accounts for more than a quarter of the world’s cases while only being 5% of the world’s population.
To the rest of the world, it appears denial is the main contributing factor leading to the poor management of the pandemic there.

Believe the hype, don’t be a self centred prima donna, do what you gotta do, then we can get back to racing The rest of us moto fans are relying on you!
RichieW13 wrote:
Is there much resistance to wearing masks in Australia?
There’s actually not a great need to wear masks here because the hard yards were done early.
But if I had to wear one to go to a national? No worries, done!

Rupert X
6/26/2020 10:39am
About two weeks ago, me and wife drove down to Naples, Florida to inspect our new winter palace, anyway, just after crossing into FLA on I95, we (all cars, no trucks) were whisked into a Truck weight station, forming two lanes -we approached EZ Ups and people in gowns and masks, they asked just one question, “ Where are you coming from?”, I responded “Ohio” and was quickly waved on. NO further questions, (which I thought odd), anyway, later that night I found out from the News, they were only intercepting cars from NY, NJ and CT......
Momus
6/27/2020 4:42am

The Shop

6/27/2020 5:30am
avidchimp wrote:
You aren't too up to date on liability clauses are you? Only way a race with fans will even be remotely possible and underwritten will be...
You aren't too up to date on liability clauses are you? Only way a race with fans will even be remotely possible and underwritten will be a mask requirement. Guess you are sitting these out, chief...
That is absolutely false. Working with insurers for our event, it was noted that anyone that had COVID after the event would never be able to trace it back to the event and put liability on the promoter/organizer. That possibility had no bearing on obtaining insurance, hosting the event, or the cost of the insurance.
Rupert X
6/27/2020 5:36am
Unrelated, but noteworthy nonetheless, Yogi got a freshie !
EngIceDave
6/27/2020 5:37am
Rupert X wrote:
About two weeks ago, me and wife drove down to Naples, Florida to inspect our new winter palace, anyway, just after crossing into FLA on I95...
About two weeks ago, me and wife drove down to Naples, Florida to inspect our new winter palace, anyway, just after crossing into FLA on I95, we (all cars, no trucks) were whisked into a Truck weight station, forming two lanes -we approached EZ Ups and people in gowns and masks, they asked just one question, “ Where are you coming from?”, I responded “Ohio” and was quickly waved on. NO further questions, (which I thought odd), anyway, later that night I found out from the News, they were only intercepting cars from NY, NJ and CT......
Anyone driving here from the NY/NJ area is told they have to quarantine for 14 days.
They take their name and info, as well as the info on where they will be staying

I guess if you get a ticket or something and your name pops up in system, you get a hefty fine.
EngIceDave
6/27/2020 5:39am
Actually, driving or flying from NY/NJ area
EngIceDave
6/27/2020 5:44am
I wear these when on my street bike (my neck gets chilly), so kinda had them planned anyway before virus, just odd timing

Can be neck protector from sun, wind, dust, works as a do-rag, sweat absorb layer in helmet or a face mask...multi-use

peltier626
6/27/2020 6:14am
I hope the nationals go on, it was refreshing to watch the sx series wrap it up. Congratulations to Tomac, he deserved and finally earned it. As far as the mask/virus situation goes, we wear a mask until what or when? This virus is not going anywhere, it will run it's course. What goal or outcome are we heading for or looking to attain? When the virus slacks off and the society returns to normal activity it will flare over and over again. Then what? I thought the initial goal was not to overwhelm the healthcare systems? Are we gonna keep going through these cycles or will survival of the fittest immune system prevail?
Kawi15
6/27/2020 8:48am
Cover your face, Use Mascara Smile
With that said, if I have to wear a mask.. I will stay home. Simply put. I do not believe in the strategy.
Other than that, I hope we can have the Nationals, but with the current state of things it does not seem likely.
6/27/2020 9:05am
Ill gladly wear 4 masks and a full hazmat suit to be able to see a outdoor pro nat again in person at this point. #hardcorefan
mxb2
6/27/2020 9:14am
Ill gladly wear 4 masks and a full hazmat suit to be able to see a outdoor pro nat again in person at this point. #hardcorefan
Yep and open the pits.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
6/27/2020 10:43am
EngIceDave wrote:
I think it's a pretty sad state when people fight about and politicize something as simple as wearing a mask to possibly prevent the spread of...
I think it's a pretty sad state when people fight about and politicize something as simple as wearing a mask to possibly prevent the spread of something that could harm people.
mxrider641 wrote:
Agreed...now switching gears...If we have to wear a mask at the Nationals (which we undoubtedly will), lets make it fun - masks with rider numbers/colors. Have...
Agreed...now switching gears...If we have to wear a mask at the Nationals (which we undoubtedly will), lets make it fun - masks with rider numbers/colors. Have a stand both inside and outside the gates where you can adhere to the rules, support the sport, and visually cheer for your favorite rider. Maybe send a portion of the profit to something like R2R for example.
We recommend everyone wear a face covering when they are closer than 6 feet to someone with whom they did not shelter at home together. But no, we will not require it.

Read the last sentence ^^
tek14
6/27/2020 1:28pm
4 pages and no one knows...
Racerman967
6/27/2020 2:52pm
Lakewood CO is limited until August 1st per the county. They are open for practice but large groups(race pits) are not. We are trending very well here in Colorado. They could possibly do 2 races at Thunder Valley
EngIceDave
6/27/2020 3:45pm
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks.

Don't need no masks during surgery, they're useless

USELESS I TELL YOU!!

6/27/2020 3:47pm
hamncheeze wrote:
One of the funniest parts of this discussion is that I am a Canadian and I consider myself to be pretty neutral when it comes to...
One of the funniest parts of this discussion is that I am a Canadian and I consider myself to be pretty neutral when it comes to politics. I asked a simple question, would people wear a mask and distance to hold the outdoor series? At some point of course the discussion has to turn political, then TV networks are dragged into it and so on.

Honestly, at my advanced age of 51 I can now look at society and see where we are going wrong (this applies to Canada too). Everyone has to have an opinion that is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. And there is no such thing as the middle ground anymore. It has to be I'm either HERE or HERE. Man, at the end of the day we are all here because we love dirt bikes and dirt bike racing right? This pandemic is the ultimate exacerbation of the polarization, because it is uncharted ground for any and all governments and leaders. No one is going to know what decisions were correct until we are a long way past it.
What’s the middle ground between being told What to wear and where to go by force of the law or Using personal responsibility?
CPR
6/27/2020 4:32pm
Ha look at all you grown men so upset about face masks, it’s fucken hilarious!

Like watching a three year old having a tantrum; “but I don’t wanna wear a mask, whaaaa!”
6/27/2020 4:33pm
In my daily interactions with humans those who wear masks in public also social distance and wash hands 10x+ per day. Those that dont use masks think they can stand a foot away from me. For the nats those who dont want to stay 6ft+ apart and wear a mask can stay home. Its not that hard lol
robkinuk
6/27/2020 4:47pm
Hope the nationals happen but wonder if there will be lots of restrictions like closed pits?
Can't see how organisers could safely organise pits, autograph sessions etc and would the teams be prepared to allow their star riders that much exposure to general public and fans ?
Seem's like Honda and Ken Roczen were ahead of the curve when they pulled out of signings before the Covid lock down?🤔😉👍
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/27/2020 4:54pm
robkinuk wrote:
Hope the nationals happen but wonder if there will be lots of restrictions like closed pits? Can't see how organisers could safely organise pits, autograph sessions...
Hope the nationals happen but wonder if there will be lots of restrictions like closed pits?
Can't see how organisers could safely organise pits, autograph sessions etc and would the teams be prepared to allow their star riders that much exposure to general public and fans ?
Seem's like Honda and Ken Roczen were ahead of the curve when they pulled out of signings before the Covid lock down?🤔😉👍
For the ones announced, they've already talked about closed pits.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/27/2020 5:00pm
tek14 wrote:
4 pages and no one knows...
TBD
EngIceDave
6/27/2020 5:02pm
From WW Ranch website (Florida National)

Pro Paddock Procedures:

The Pro Paddock will be closed to fans.
Pro autograph sessions are suspended.
Podium celebrations are suspended.
Pro post-race interviews and awards will be conducted in the paddock.
6/27/2020 9:40pm
Wonder how they are gonna deal with porta potties. No joking those seem like a great vector to spread the disease.
cwel11
6/28/2020 4:44am
Wonder how they are gonna deal with porta potties. No joking those seem like a great vector to spread the disease.

BobbyM
6/28/2020 6:13am
EngIceDave wrote:
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks. Don't...
So, next time you go to the hospital, or require surgery, tell those stupid nurses and doctors they're morons and to take off those masks.

Don't need no masks during surgery, they're useless

USELESS I TELL YOU!!

You really don't think that most dirt bikers aren't dumb as a small dog Dave? (no offense to the small dog)
sandtrack315
6/28/2020 8:04am
If you show up at southwick or budds creek in august to watch moto in a mask, you’re a true fan.

Post a reply to: Will the nationals actually go ahead?

The Latest