Will the nationals actually go ahead?

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/25/2020 6:09pm
Come on Man. I'd be the first in line to give credit where credit is due when that happens.To think being told to wear a mask is to try and own another political party is just asinine. I've been out of work going on 4 months now because people won't wear a mask when around other people.

I'm 100% of the opinion that they only need to be worn when you can't stay at least 6 feet away from people not living under the same roof or while inside places where other people are shopping, working, etc...
hamncheeze
6/25/2020 6:13pm
One of the funniest parts of this discussion is that I am a Canadian and I consider myself to be pretty neutral when it comes to politics. I asked a simple question, would people wear a mask and distance to hold the outdoor series? At some point of course the discussion has to turn political, then TV networks are dragged into it and so on.

Honestly, at my advanced age of 51 I can now look at society and see where we are going wrong (this applies to Canada too). Everyone has to have an opinion that is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. And there is no such thing as the middle ground anymore. It has to be I'm either HERE or HERE. Man, at the end of the day we are all here because we love dirt bikes and dirt bike racing right? This pandemic is the ultimate exacerbation of the polarization, because it is uncharted ground for any and all governments and leaders. No one is going to know what decisions were correct until we are a long way past it.
Ti
6/25/2020 6:33pm
hamncheeze wrote:
One of the funniest parts of this discussion is that I am a Canadian and I consider myself to be pretty neutral when it comes to...
One of the funniest parts of this discussion is that I am a Canadian and I consider myself to be pretty neutral when it comes to politics. I asked a simple question, would people wear a mask and distance to hold the outdoor series? At some point of course the discussion has to turn political, then TV networks are dragged into it and so on.

Honestly, at my advanced age of 51 I can now look at society and see where we are going wrong (this applies to Canada too). Everyone has to have an opinion that is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. And there is no such thing as the middle ground anymore. It has to be I'm either HERE or HERE. Man, at the end of the day we are all here because we love dirt bikes and dirt bike racing right? This pandemic is the ultimate exacerbation of the polarization, because it is uncharted ground for any and all governments and leaders. No one is going to know what decisions were correct until we are a long way past it.
I will answer your simple question... No we will not be attending any Nationals this year...

But... I will be buying tickets for my family and friends for all the Nationals in support of MX SPORTS and ALL the track promoters!!!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/25/2020 6:41pm
Ti wrote:
I will answer your simple question... No we will not be attending any Nationals this year... But... I will be buying tickets for my family and...
I will answer your simple question... No we will not be attending any Nationals this year...

But... I will be buying tickets for my family and friends for all the Nationals in support of MX SPORTS and ALL the track promoters!!!
This ^^^. I will be buying at least two tickets to every race they get on the schedule even if I am not attending (which I won't since they will all be out of state for me). Already bought the NBC Gold pass for SX and MX at the beginning of the season. If everyone did this for even one event, the series could actually maybe break even.

People really want to support the sport? This is the perfect way to do it.

The Shop

EngIceDave
6/25/2020 6:53pm
I think it's a pretty sad state when people fight about and politicize something as simple as wearing a mask to possibly prevent the spread of something that could harm people.
spimx
6/25/2020 7:23pm
sandman768 wrote:
Florida blowing up... not going to happen....
DonM wrote:
Don't believe all the hype....I keep asking why all the news is about new cases and not about death rates...deaths are at the lowest levels since...
Don't believe all the hype....I keep asking why all the news is about new cases and not about death rates...deaths are at the lowest levels since this began and hospitalizations are down.

Florida numbers as of 6/22
Positive cases - 109,000
Hospitalizations - 13,574
Deaths - 3281 - there were 7 deaths on 6/22

This is out of 22 million people!!

Yea my coworker who just passed 20 years got covid this week ended up in the ICU with a tube in his throat and had a stroke so your right not everyone is dyeing but a lot are. Anyone who works medical profession knows the truth right now and the hospitals are absolutely packed with covid where I work.
6/25/2020 7:46pm
EngIceDave wrote:
I think it's a pretty sad state when people fight about and politicize something as simple as wearing a mask to possibly prevent the spread of...
I think it's a pretty sad state when people fight about and politicize something as simple as wearing a mask to possibly prevent the spread of something that could harm people.
Bingo.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
6/25/2020 8:04pm
Cuz this ain't the place for it! You'll learn soon enough.
CM_84
6/25/2020 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2020 8:13pm
your truths are opinions, but it seems like you cant handle other people's opinions
snowflakes these days Laughing
RalphS
6/25/2020 9:00pm
Kids do yourselves a favor, don't watch neither Fox news nor CNN and keep politics out of Vital.
Barrett57
6/26/2020 12:13am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 12:14am
hamncheeze wrote:
One of the funniest parts of this discussion is that I am a Canadian and I consider myself to be pretty neutral when it comes to...

Canada is the nice apartment above a meth lab.
jtmaster
6/26/2020 7:06am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 11:01am
At the hospital I work at and all our sister hospitals, positive tests are way up but admission for Covid are a fraction of the positive...
At the hospital I work at and all our sister hospitals, positive tests are way up but admission for Covid are a fraction of the positive tests... asymptomatic positive tests.. so the numbers are very deceiving
Just be smart, keep distance or wear mask and wash hands and go race 🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻
At the hospital I work at in PA we are kinda in the same boat. The county rate of positive tests are holding steady but our admissions and ICU admissions are definitely about half of what they were a few weeks ago.
mxrider641
6/26/2020 7:16am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 7:29am
EngIceDave wrote:
I think it's a pretty sad state when people fight about and politicize something as simple as wearing a mask to possibly prevent the spread of...
Agreed...now switching gears...If we have to wear a mask at the Nationals (which we undoubtedly will), lets make it fun - masks with rider numbers/colors. Have a stand both inside and outside the gates where you can adhere to the rules, support the sport, and visually cheer for your favorite rider. Maybe send a portion of the profit to something like R2R for example.
Mr. Info
6/26/2020 7:25am
MX Sports can’t change State Regulations. Tracks cannot change State Regulations. And I would bet a Promoter has the option of not holding a race if given the right amount time If he feels he cannot sustain a large financial loss to hold a race.
And I am sure if the loss will be greater than just holding 1 or 2 races MX Sports will wait until next year.
Supporting the fans is great but as fans you also need to see the other side. It’s great to put on a race and seeing everyone have a great time but at the expense of losing so much you can’t have it back is a cost that most can’t afford. Ask any promoter.
6/26/2020 8:45am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 9:00am
Curious. Some non-political posts about COVID are deleted....many others are allowed to stay. What is the magic rule on COVID/Virus discussion?

EDIT: ...and on that note...many of the posts that are still viewable have outright insults at others who have an different view. The shout-down mentality of the world we live in now, I guess.
WowWowWubzy
6/26/2020 8:57am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 9:15am
sandman768 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Don't believe all the hype....I keep asking why all the news is about new cases and not about death rates...deaths are at the lowest levels since...
Don't believe all the hype....I keep asking why all the news is about new cases and not about death rates...deaths are at the lowest levels since this began and hospitalizations are down.

Positive cases - 109,000

True. TX 28 million people, 2300 deaths. Spain 46m, 28000 deaths. Let herd immunity run it’s course. Non at risk(younger) are really hurting economically. At risk, stay at home. It’s a choice. I run a mask, seems like the right thing to do, but again a choice.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/26/2020 9:02am
Curious. Some non-political posts about COVID are deleted....many others are allowed to stay. What is the magic rule on COVID/Virus discussion? EDIT: ...and on that note...many...
Curious. Some non-political posts about COVID are deleted....many others are allowed to stay. What is the magic rule on COVID/Virus discussion?

EDIT: ...and on that note...many of the posts that are still viewable have outright insults at others who have an different view. The shout-down mentality of the world we live in now, I guess.
Yesterday was my first full day at home since returning from Utah, and I didn't pay as much attention to the forum yesterday. There's been a lot of clean-up this morning.
mxrider641
6/26/2020 9:06am
Curious. Some non-political posts about COVID are deleted....many others are allowed to stay. What is the magic rule on COVID/Virus discussion? EDIT: ...and on that note...many...

GuyB wrote:
Yesterday was my first full day at home since returning from Utah, and I didn't pay as much attention to the forum yesterday. There's been a...
Yesterday was my first full day at home since returning from Utah, and I didn't pay as much attention to the forum yesterday. There's been a lot of clean-up this morning.
Just a couple of posts.....Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/26/2020 9:07am
You forgot to add dozen between couple and of. Wink
cwel11
6/26/2020 9:13am
My post got deleted. There was no political slant in there but whatever. I hope the mx season can happen. I’ll attend Unadilla just like I have since 08. If there’s new rules in place I don’t like I simply won’t go. I’ll watch it on tv and wait for next year. I just think it’s odd that people that are supposedly tolerant of everyone’s view become unhinged when someone has a thought or idea different than theirs. Moving on.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
6/26/2020 9:26am
EngIceDave wrote:
mxrider641 wrote:
Agreed...now switching gears...If we have to wear a mask at the Nationals (which we undoubtedly will), lets make it fun - masks with rider numbers/colors. Have...
Agreed...now switching gears...If we have to wear a mask at the Nationals (which we undoubtedly will), lets make it fun - masks with rider numbers/colors. Have a stand both inside and outside the gates where you can adhere to the rules, support the sport, and visually cheer for your favorite rider. Maybe send a portion of the profit to something like R2R for example.
Yeah, I recently went to rockymountainatvmc.com and was surprised that they aren't selling masks with brand logos on them.
6/26/2020 9:33am

GuyB wrote:
Yesterday was my first full day at home since returning from Utah, and I didn't pay as much attention to the forum yesterday. There's been a...
I know you have better things to do than babysit. Wink Was just curious.

Bet you're glad to be home.

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/26/2020 9:46am
GuyB wrote:
You forgot to add dozen between couple and of. Wink
Wow, how much did the trip to the dump cost you for this thread? haha

I'm good with what you deleted, for the record. It definitely went off the rails a little, mine included. Smile
CPR
6/26/2020 9:54am
sandman768 wrote:
DonM wrote:

Positive cases - 109,000

Don’t believe the hype? You think those figures are good?

Australian numbers as of 26/6
Positive cases - 7593
Deaths - 106

This is out of 25 million people, so very comparable.

The USA accounts for more than a quarter of the world’s cases while only being 5% of the world’s population.
To the rest of the world, it appears denial is the main contributing factor leading to the poor management of the pandemic there.

Believe the hype, don’t be a self centred prima donna, do what you gotta do, then we can get back to racing The rest of us moto fans are relying on you!
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
6/26/2020 10:07am
CPR wrote:
Don’t believe the hype? You think those figures are good? Australian numbers as of 26/6 Positive cases - 7593 Deaths - 106 This is out of...
Don’t believe the hype? You think those figures are good?

Australian numbers as of 26/6
Positive cases - 7593
Deaths - 106

This is out of 25 million people, so very comparable.

The USA accounts for more than a quarter of the world’s cases while only being 5% of the world’s population.
To the rest of the world, it appears denial is the main contributing factor leading to the poor management of the pandemic there.

Believe the hype, don’t be a self centred prima donna, do what you gotta do, then we can get back to racing The rest of us moto fans are relying on you!
Is there much resistance to wearing masks in Australia?

Post a reply to: Will the nationals actually go ahead?

The Latest