Will the lightest A1 crowd ever drop tix prices next year?

40Plus_922mx
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2015 5:00pm
Empties everywhere.
|
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
1/3/2015 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:31pm
From my seat on my couch in Phoenix, looked about 70% full- at best. Minus 10% no show. 60%.

Subtract about 10% being in the bathroom, or in the over priced concession stand line at any given time. Figure in the 10% for sponsor freebies and we are down to about 40% paid spectators that showed up. Thanks Feld for making it much easier to stay home and watch the TV.
1/3/2015 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:27pm
All I know is I'm glad i don't have a 6 hour drive back to Norcal tomorrow.
RandyS
1/3/2015 10:32pm
I doubt we'll see an A3 next year.

The Shop

1/3/2015 10:38pm
It's California. It has nothing to do with ticket prices. Motocross means jack shit to the general public but the industry refuses to believe it. The riders don't get paid from the ticket sales so no loss except for the circus family and the FIM.
gt80rider
1/3/2015 10:41pm
The 3 hour night show being 75% advertising and 25% racing doesn't help either...
1/3/2015 10:42pm
Seriously...it was pretty dead this year, last year it seemed like everyone I knew was at A1 partying, tailgating ect...this year just wasnt the same, the hype leading into it, even I was a little moody today driving to Angels stadium, and with Rv and Js7 not being part of the racing...I mean they were there, but lets be honest, those two dudes bring the money and the crowds when they are racing.

For me, I love the racing, but I felt let down somehow this year...not sure if its js7 not being able to race or Rv retiring?
1/3/2015 10:47pm
It's California. It has nothing to do with ticket prices. Motocross means jack shit to the general public but the industry refuses to believe it. The...
It's California. It has nothing to do with ticket prices. Motocross means jack shit to the general public but the industry refuses to believe it. The riders don't get paid from the ticket sales so no loss except for the circus family and the FIM.
Technically the riders do get paid from ticket sales, if no one shows up to these events, who is going to want to promote them??? I could go on, but it all starts with sanctioning bodies and its promoters
1/3/2015 10:53pm
It's California. It has nothing to do with ticket prices. Motocross means jack shit to the general public but the industry refuses to believe it. The...
Technically the riders do get paid from ticket sales, if no one shows up to these events, who is going to want to promote them??? I...
Technically the riders do get paid from ticket sales, if no one shows up to these events, who is going to want to promote them??? I could go on, but it all starts with sanctioning bodies and its promoters
Feld and the FIM make the money from ticket sales not the riders. SX is healthy and profitable to both regardless of California event attendance.
Troy
1/3/2015 10:53pm
I flew in from Utah for the race. I would prefer to get rid of the millions of fireworks and lasers if it means dropping the ticket price. I will give skipping this trip a lot more thought next season
kwebster447
1/3/2015 11:14pm
I wonder if you could have scored cheap tickets from scalpers outside the stadium?
1/3/2015 11:15pm
The FIM will figure out a way to fill the stands. After all they are the FIM.
1/3/2015 11:17pm
Technically the riders do get paid from ticket sales, if no one shows up to these events, who is going to want to promote them??? I...
Feld and the FIM make the money from ticket sales not the riders. SX is healthy and profitable to both regardless of California event attendance.
Lmfao...so what your saying is that sx can survive without a sanctioning body and promoter?

Hm? Okay so by your standards our already small sport would be run by? Who's putting up the purse, who is recognizing the championship? Where will the Marketing dollars come from, how will we hear of these such events?

By riders standpoint, why would they train? For you and your pleasure?

Riders get paid by exposure of the sport, the larger the sport grows the more they get paid!!!

1/3/2015 11:22pm
Lmfao...so what your saying is that sx can survive without a sanctioning body and promoter? Hm? Okay so by your standards our already small sport would...
Lmfao...so what your saying is that sx can survive without a sanctioning body and promoter?

Hm? Okay so by your standards our already small sport would be run by? Who's putting up the purse, who is recognizing the championship? Where will the Marketing dollars come from, how will we hear of these such events?

By riders standpoint, why would they train? For you and your pleasure?

Riders get paid by exposure of the sport, the larger the sport grows the more they get paid!!!

Dude. Bro. You think SX is hurting? Hell to the no. Feld and the FIM are lining their pockets and building the sport. The riders have nothing to worry about nor do you. Not a single rider took a pay cut based on low attendance tonight.
enketchum
1/4/2015 12:28am
They never announced the attendance and they have done that every race for a long time at Anaheim. I am guessing 35k of 43k seats.

I will post pictures in a minute. I was thinking about this!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
1/4/2015 2:24am
Official Press Release says it was sold out.

The first race of the 2015 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, took place on Saturday with a fifth consecutive sellout of 45,050 fans at Angel Stadium.
enketchum
1/4/2015 2:32am
They may have sold all the tickets but there were not 45,050 fans in the stadium. That is a lie.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
1/4/2015 5:47am
Live TV.
40Plus_922mx
1/4/2015 8:30am
They sell 50% of the tix to online scalpers first. Then they still need to sell em to the public.they were unable to. In my opinion it was all about the prices going out of control. Everyone I know that usually goes didn't. And it was due to the tix pricing.
pilotdude
1/4/2015 8:34am
They sell 50% of the tix to online scalpers first. Then they still need to sell em to the public.they were unable to. In my opinion...
They sell 50% of the tix to online scalpers first. Then they still need to sell em to the public.they were unable to. In my opinion it was all about the prices going out of control. Everyone I know that usually goes didn't. And it was due to the tix pricing.
What were prices compared to last year?
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
1/4/2015 8:42am
They sell 50% of the tix to online scalpers first. Then they still need to sell em to the public.they were unable to. In my opinion...
You can put me on that list also.........
Motodork
1/4/2015 9:19am
Dont you guys realize that socal fans buy tickets for the view level at Anaheim and stand on the field view level to watch the races, not 1 person I know sits in there seats, people are all over the place, so there is no way by looking at the stadium seating you can tell if it is sold out or not, you would have to walk the field view level and that area was packed last night.
theToothPerry
1/4/2015 9:22am
Idk im not pumped on spending 100 bucks for a seat that was 40 a few years ago.
mx836
1/4/2015 9:28am
SX ticket prices are getting stupid expensive. I'll pay it because I'm going to blow all my money that weekend anyway, but SX isn't popular enough to fill entire stadiums with motoheads.
Xeno
1/4/2015 9:46am
The crowd wasn't as big as previous Anaheim races, but it was nice being able to get out to the pits and back with my 5-year-old.
SEE ARE125
1/4/2015 9:51am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2015 9:55am
Which is complete bullshit. Places like StubHub buying up all the good seats, literally quadrupling face value(for ATL anyway) and reselling them should be illegal. Being a Cross Club member has allowed me to buy them on pre-sale, so I've been able to beat the scalpers and get great seats on the 50yd line, lower level for $45/ea plus fees. 2 tickets with pit passes cost me a total of $147.20. The only catch is, you have to buy them in May. Pit passes are $15/ea, so you could come out cheaper if you bring a Monster can to get into the pits. I choose not to, because their are 2 lines at Atlanta. One for cans and one for pit passes, and the Monster can line is ridiculously longer than the pit pass line, so I can get in early and enjoy the pits before it gets crazy. Well worth the additional $30, IMO.

Post a reply to: Will the lightest A1 crowd ever drop tix prices next year?

The Latest