Will james and chad..

Outsider
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:52pm
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for the top dogs... sad but true

|
David424
10/29/2010 11:25pm
James will still be the fastest supercross rider out there if he keeps it on two wheels. Reed will be top five for sure most races. Hopefully injuries won't thin the field of riders this year because it's going to be so good this year.
Grieby54
10/29/2010 11:26pm
Will people ever stop asking stupid questions? IMO they won't. Sad but true.
akmx17
10/29/2010 11:28pm
You sound like a 14 year old girl....
Billy Jack
10/29/2010 11:32pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Remember (and this particular poster is a good example), there are no stupid questions...only stupid people who ask questions.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/29/2010 11:58pm
Just for the sake of speculation...

I'm not sure I follow your premise. Will they accept not dominating?

If they're not dominating, do they actually get a choice in the matter?

Now having said that, I think there are a lot of people here who have really short memories. The only reason both Chad and James were MIA last year was due to injuries. They should both be in the mix for podium spots just about every weekend. If you think otherwise, I'm guessing you have one of those "for medicinal purposes only" cards in your wallet.
crf250pilot
10/30/2010 12:27am
James will try to win every lap of every race as usual. He is cannot be programmed any other way.
Barfly
10/30/2010 12:52am
I think James would rather die than not win. Chad can be in top 5.
10/30/2010 2:29am
Outsider wrote:
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for...
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for the top dogs... sad but true

RV broke his leg in supercross this year.

Why can't that happen again to anyone?
toroP
10/30/2010 6:37am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 6:43am
James and Chad are amazing SX riders. Look at 2009 and see how many times they humiliated everyone else. RV, KW, Milsaps, Grant, etc. by 10, 15, 20, 30 seconds, and at A3 they beat 3rd place by over a minute. In 2010 the Ryans had some great wins, but never dropped the next best by over 60 secs.
Highsider
10/30/2010 6:57am
toroP wrote:
James and Chad are amazing SX riders. Look at 2009 and see how many times they humiliated everyone else. RV, KW, Milsaps, Grant, etc. by 10...
James and Chad are amazing SX riders. Look at 2009 and see how many times they humiliated everyone else. RV, KW, Milsaps, Grant, etc. by 10, 15, 20, 30 seconds, and at A3 they beat 3rd place by over a minute. In 2010 the Ryans had some great wins, but never dropped the next best by over 60 secs.
Short memory.
dehner47
10/30/2010 8:39am
Barfly wrote:
I think James would rather die than not win. Chad can be in top 5.
ohhh ya. cause he really toughed it out to the death at the one national he showed up to this year.. hmmmmmmmmm....
Outsider
10/30/2010 8:48am
GuyB wrote:
Just for the sake of speculation... I'm not sure I follow your premise. Will they accept not dominating? If they're not dominating, do they actually get...
Just for the sake of speculation...

I'm not sure I follow your premise. Will they accept not dominating?

If they're not dominating, do they actually get a choice in the matter?

Now having said that, I think there are a lot of people here who have really short memories. The only reason both Chad and James were MIA last year was due to injuries. They should both be in the mix for podium spots just about every weekend. If you think otherwise, I'm guessing you have one of those "for medicinal purposes only" cards in your wallet.
My point was that I don't think they will be 1-2 or 2-1 at virtually every round this year like in years past, and I'm curious as to how each of them will handle that. Seems weird to think that's even possible, but, I believe it is with so much talent on the line, we'll see.

How do I get one of those "cards" anyway? Whistling
10/30/2010 8:53am
toroP wrote:
James and Chad are amazing SX riders. Look at 2009 and see how many times they humiliated everyone else. RV, KW, Milsaps, Grant, etc. by 10...
Highsider wrote:
Short memory.
You are talking ancient history and making up motocross math.

A1 from last year is no longer relevant but at least it makes your 60'seconds go away
Whitey
10/30/2010 8:56am
Havent we heard this same song for about the last 4 years? Only for it to turn out the same as always, Chad and James a cut above the rest. (sans last year for obvious reasons)

Sure it will happen one day when they dont have 1-2 covered, but until that day, or when a season or 5-6 races of a season and they are not consistently on the top, i dont see anything changing.
jeffro413
10/30/2010 9:12am
toroP wrote:
what race did they lap 3rd place...in 09? hate to say it but the best battles are going to be for 3rd
Prince1
10/30/2010 9:21am
Grieby54 wrote:
Billy Jack wrote:
Remember (and this particular poster is a good example), there are no stupid questions...only stupid people who ask questions.
Billy jack,STFU
Prince1
10/30/2010 9:24am
Outsider wrote:
My point was that I don't think they will be 1-2 or 2-1 at virtually every round this year like in years past, and I'm curious...
My point was that I don't think they will be 1-2 or 2-1 at virtually every round this year like in years past, and I'm curious as to how each of them will handle that. Seems weird to think that's even possible, but, I believe it is with so much talent on the line, we'll see.

How do I get one of those "cards" anyway? Whistling
RV hates to lose as much as bubba, if someone is gonna try and go after Bubba it will be RV. Reed will be a podium guy now. IMO his time of getting second each week is over hes now gonna have a hell of a battle to even make podium.
Prince1
10/30/2010 9:27am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 9:27am
toroP wrote:
Once RV came back from his illness in 2009, I dont remember Reed being a problem for him. Winning 2 of the last 3, and Reed is not on the bike that he was best with. They have RV,RD,TC and CP377 to deal with now! Windham rode like shit in 09 on the new hondas, hes got the bike dialed in now.
Outsider
10/30/2010 11:08am
Grieby54 wrote:
Billy Jack wrote:
"BJO" thinks I'm stupid... oh, the irony. Laughing
toroP
10/30/2010 11:35am
toroP wrote:
Prince1 wrote:
Once RV came back from his illness in 2009, I dont remember Reed being a problem for him. Winning 2 of the last 3, and Reed...
Once RV came back from his illness in 2009, I dont remember Reed being a problem for him. Winning 2 of the last 3, and Reed is not on the bike that he was best with. They have RV,RD,TC and CP377 to deal with now! Windham rode like shit in 09 on the new hondas, hes got the bike dialed in now.
You mean like SLC, where RV finished over 30 seconds behind Reed? That was the 2nd to last round. And Reed's fastest lap in the main was 1.5 sec faster than RV.
Do you follow the sport?
Oh, and Reed was dealing with illness at that point in the season.
Outsider
10/30/2010 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 12:04pm
toroP wrote:
You mean like SLC, where RV finished over 30 seconds behind Reed? That was the 2nd to last round. And Reed's fastest lap in the main...
You mean like SLC, where RV finished over 30 seconds behind Reed? That was the 2nd to last round. And Reed's fastest lap in the main was 1.5 sec faster than RV.
Do you follow the sport?
Oh, and Reed was dealing with illness at that point in the season.
$20 sez RV finishes 2011 with more points than Reed.

1) They both have to be on the line at A1 and be reasonably healthy.

2) Reed has to get a contract first!

Smile

SL91
10/30/2010 2:30pm
everybody seems to be forgetting about RD, He'll be faster than last year, won't crash like RV and JS and will be #1 again when the fat lady sings. And, don't forget the new #41.
toroP
10/30/2010 2:45pm
toroP wrote:
Highsider wrote:
Short memory.
You are talking ancient history and making up motocross math. A1 from last year is no longer relevant but at least it makes your 60'seconds go...

A1 from last year is no longer relevant but at least it makes your 60'seconds go away
What am I making up? Try looking at stats.
OK, SLC 2009 James and Chad put about 30 sec. on 3rd. That was a year and a half ago.
Is that really ancient history? Nonsense. Take some time and learn the sport. You can learn a lot from the archive results and video.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
10/30/2010 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 3:06pm
You really jumped the gun on this one ..

We already know how good Chad & James are against all of the competition. They dominated them .. in a fashion that Dungey has never dominated them.

James beat Dungey with a setup he didn't like at A1, and nearly beat him again with a broken wrist .. And we all know Reed can pretty much hang with James when he's on a bike he's comfortable with. Dungey has yet to really race these two while they were healthy. We all know Reed is about championships, so the fire wasn't in him when he returned to the last few Supercross races.

IMO, the question should be reversed. Can Dungey run the pace of the former champs Reed and Stewart? Because that is what we don't even know.
10/30/2010 4:06pm
I think James has matured and can hold back in second like he did at A-1 than laid down a 5 second faster lap near the end. Let the leader do all the work, I recall him doing that in 09 with Chad, and RC commenting, "Hes just working him" and James would make his move with a few laps to go. Anyway I hope he uses that strategy this year.
bama205
10/30/2010 5:00pm
Outsider wrote:
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for...

wrong
Cook441
10/30/2010 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 5:16pm
Highsider wrote:
Short memory.
You are talking ancient history and making up motocross math. A1 from last year is no longer relevant but at least it makes your 60'seconds go...

toroP wrote:
What am I making up? Try looking at stats. OK, SLC 2009 James and Chad put about 30 sec. on 3rd. That was a [b]year and...
OK, SLC 2009 James and Chad put about 30 sec. on 3rd. That was a year and a half ago.
Is that really ancient history? Nonsense. Take some time and learn the sport. You can learn a lot from the archive results and video.
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie year "straight up" (whatever that means) and we all saw what RD did with those guys both on and of the track- These guys are all on great programs and just need a little confidence- tenths of seconds from 1st to 5 (maybe as far back as 8th depending on who signs) thats no cake walk even for JS-

Sorry for the reality check-
Cook441
10/30/2010 5:31pm
Karma wrote:
I think James has matured and can hold back in second like he did at A-1 than laid down a 5 second faster lap near the...
I think James has matured and can hold back in second like he did at A-1 than laid down a 5 second faster lap near the end. Let the leader do all the work, I recall him doing that in 09 with Chad, and RC commenting, "Hes just working him" and James would make his move with a few laps to go. Anyway I hope he uses that strategy this year.
5 second faster? that never happened- weve been through this a hundred times- James did not go faster RD made some mistakes and slowed theres a difference you know- and it's expected 1st race rookie and all- as for the bike bull - James has been riding and setting up bikes his whole- life- gimme a break- as for waxing comp or lack thereof for the ryans- I think the comp figured there was a chance once the unbeatable JS was beat and also left the picture(they always say 90% is mental well theres some proof)- these young rookies are not the same folks you speek of in 09. There is a hungry field out there for 11 that is more confident because of the RV's and RD's-(they all grew up racing one another and knowing they can compete against one another) JS was always an older legend-=no way your seeing these 30 second leads-
toroP
10/30/2010 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 6:59pm

toroP wrote:
What am I making up? Try looking at stats. OK, SLC 2009 James and Chad put about 30 sec. on 3rd. That was a [b]year and...
Cook441 wrote:
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie...
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie year "straight up" (whatever that means) and we all saw what RD did with those guys both on and of the track- These guys are all on great programs and just need a little confidence- tenths of seconds from 1st to 5 (maybe as far back as 8th depending on who signs) thats no cake walk even for JS-

Sorry for the reality check-
"there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- " Cook, seriously, don't try to predict this sport. People fail continually trying to tell us what will happen. I just quoted stats that suggest it's foolish to write James and Chad off as has-beens.

Sorry for the reality check- oh, and RV didn't "wax" anyone in SX 2009. He held on for wins when the top guys had bad races. More reality.

Post a reply to: Will james and chad..

The Latest