Will Zacho win the 450 MX title in 2020?

kpiper
8/18/2020 11:45am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2020 11:47am
kpiper wrote:
If he does not crash and get hurt he will be right there the whole series. His conditioning is at or even above Tomac. Plus, he...
If he does not crash and get hurt he will be right there the whole series. His conditioning is at or even above Tomac.

Plus, he has to be more hungry than Eli.

History is also not on Eli's side. I actually hope Eli wins four in a row but this may be his toughest series of the four.

I don't see Anderson, Webb or Barcia being a title threat. MM25 could sneak in there though.

gregyou wrote:
What makes you say his condition is the same or even above Tomac?
Because the last five minutes of the second moto he held off ET.

Eli didn't have the strength to make a pass.

Plus, ET faded dramatically in the last part of the first moto and Zach did not.
gregyou
8/18/2020 11:56am
kpiper wrote:
If he does not crash and get hurt he will be right there the whole series. His conditioning is at or even above Tomac. Plus, he...
If he does not crash and get hurt he will be right there the whole series. His conditioning is at or even above Tomac.

Plus, he has to be more hungry than Eli.

History is also not on Eli's side. I actually hope Eli wins four in a row but this may be his toughest series of the four.

I don't see Anderson, Webb or Barcia being a title threat. MM25 could sneak in there though.

gregyou wrote:
What makes you say his condition is the same or even above Tomac?
kpiper wrote:
Because the last five minutes of the second moto he held off ET. Eli didn't have the strength to make a pass. Plus, ET faded dramatically...
Because the last five minutes of the second moto he held off ET.

Eli didn't have the strength to make a pass.

Plus, ET faded dramatically in the last part of the first moto and Zach did not.
Do you just watch and see what you want to see or you don’t watch at all?

Tomac said post race interview they tried something different with the front end first moto and didn’t work.
Second moto he closed a 10 second lead on Osbourne and made a mistake when he got close to him.

Do you not remember tomac lapping Osbourne in Salt Lake City or when he came from near dead last to finish second she ahead of Osbourne.
kpiper
8/18/2020 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2020 1:33pm
gregyou wrote:
Do you just watch and see what you want to see or you don’t watch at all? Tomac said post race interview they tried something different...

Tomac said post race interview they tried something different with the front end first moto and didn’t work.
Second moto he closed a 10 second lead on Osbourne and made a mistake when he got close to him.

Do you not remember tomac lapping Osbourne in Salt Lake City or when he came from near dead last to finish second she ahead of Osbourne.
I saw what happened perfectly well.

Tomac rode ok in the first moto until about eight minutes left to go and then faded badly letting people catch him that never should have.

So why did that happen? The 'bad setup' was only 'bad' the last eight minutes?

Yes, maybe it caused him to get 'tired' and that is why he faded badly. Possible. But other than being 'tired' how do you explain the last eight minutes of that moto compared to earlier part?

The second moto he caught up but had nothing left to pass him at the end. Even though he made a 'mistake' he was still not pressing for a possible pass.

Zach out paced him down the stretch in both motos when 'fitness' is the biggest factor. That is just what happened, not 'how' I saw it.

Maybe it will be different this weekend.
Shaned9326
8/18/2020 1:57pm
gregyou wrote:
Do you just watch and see what you want to see or you don’t watch at all? Tomac said post race interview they tried something different...

kpiper wrote:
I saw what happened perfectly well. Tomac rode ok in the first moto until about eight minutes left to go and then faded badly letting people...

Tomac rode ok in the first moto until about eight minutes left to go and then faded badly letting people catch him that never should have.

Yes, maybe it caused him to get 'tired' and that is why he faded badly. Possible. But other than being 'tired' how do you explain the last eight minutes of that moto compared to earlier part?

The second moto he caught up but had nothing left to pass him at the end. Even though he made a 'mistake' he was still not pressing for a possible pass.

Zach out paced him down the stretch in both motos when 'fitness' is the biggest factor. That is just what happened, not 'how' I saw it.

Put them on a actual national track and Tomac will have no problems getting around Osborne and round three will be proof😝😝😝

The Shop

peelout
8/18/2020 2:17pm
16 motos to make up 11 points... i just don't know if anyone can do it
8/18/2020 2:59pm
peelout wrote:
16 motos to make up 11 points... i just don't know if anyone can do it
Well it is 2020 and those 16 motos are no guarantee. I could definitely see a scenario where we get 4-5 rounds in and events start getting cancelled so they just call it a series.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
8/18/2020 3:30pm
Going to be good! Like a 250 regional outdoor title.
Ranman68
8/18/2020 7:33pm
Zacho is fast and he's a gamer, so it's possible. But.....I think Tomac is just too.good and in control. In a short series, with a DNF by Tomac or something like that, Zach definitely could. So could Anderson or Barcia...or even Sexton.
gregyou
8/19/2020 5:12am
gregyou wrote:

kpiper wrote:
I saw what happened perfectly well. Tomac rode ok in the first moto until about eight minutes left to go and then faded badly letting people...

If you ever ridden a bad that your not liking the handling ?

It makes things a lot harder and tires you out a lot quicker.

If anything he ran out of time second moto
kpiper
8/21/2020 8:51am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2020 8:52am
If you remember, last year Eli had several not so great motos but he had some big days where he went 1-1. Two of those tracks are out this year.

If MM25 had not fallen down so many times, ending up dead last, and Roczen was more consistent, not having those motos where he faded badly it would have been a different series.

I understand that 'would of' is not what actually happened but I still think Zach has a very real shot at this if he can avoid the big mistake. He is a very strong, high motivated and fast rider right now.
gregyou
8/21/2020 9:42am
kpiper wrote:
If you remember, last year Eli had several not so great motos but he had some big days where he went 1-1. Two of those tracks...
If you remember, last year Eli had several not so great motos but he had some big days where he went 1-1. Two of those tracks are out this year.

If MM25 had not fallen down so many times, ending up dead last, and Roczen was more consistent, not having those motos where he faded badly it would have been a different series.

I understand that 'would of' is not what actually happened but I still think Zach has a very real shot at this if he can avoid the big mistake. He is a very strong, high motivated and fast rider right now.
But then you could turn around and say what if tomac didn’t have them bad motos
kpiper
8/21/2020 10:06am
kpiper wrote:
If you remember, last year Eli had several not so great motos but he had some big days where he went 1-1. Two of those tracks...

gregyou wrote:
But then you could turn around and say what if tomac didn’t have them bad motos
Very true. Just that Tomac can and does have bad motos so it is not a closed case this year.

Even though I thought, maybe, after winning the SX title the way he did that his 'bad' motos days would be a thing of the past. We will see this weekend.

I actually want Eli to win again but I would be happy to see Zach get a title as well.
captmoto
8/21/2020 10:24am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2020 10:27am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Put them on a actual national track and Tomac will have no problems getting around Osborne and round three will be proof😝😝😝

That was a national track. They both had to deal with it. I can't believe Kawi got it so far off that Eli had to back that far off and give up positions as easily as he did. With 8 (or less possibly) races left, Eli can't wait until round 3 to show Zach up.

All that aside, I think Tomac will have a stronger showing this weekend and I still think he will win it all.

Shaned9326
8/21/2020 10:32am
captmoto wrote:
That was a national track. They both had to deal with it. I can't believe Kawi got it so far off that Eli had to back...

That was a national track. They both had to deal with it. I can't believe Kawi got it so far off that Eli had to back that far off and give up positions as easily as he did. With 8 (or less possibly) races left, Eli can't wait until round 3 to show Zach up.

All that aside, I think Tomac will have a stronger showing this weekend and I still think he will win it all.

They made it a national track and yes I agree they both had to ride same track but next weekend at iron man and then red budd you will see a different Tomac!!
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
8/21/2020 11:41am
gregyou wrote:

kpiper wrote:

As the track gets rougher as they do with more time on it, the set up is magnified and makes it harder to ride fast and sometimes cause arm pump towards the end of a moto. I don't think anyone disputes that Zach has a real shot at this championship. But I think after few more motos we will have a better picture where the players stand in the championship.
Zach will have a bad moto, will Eli have another bad moto,who knows and that's what makes the series interesting and worth watching.
Hell Musquin,Baggett,Anderson,Barcia could go on a run and make it even more interesting.
Going to be fun to watch.
TeamGreen
8/22/2020 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2020 2:48pm
Whistling
It's because he had an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE in Practice.
It's ONLY because it was a Mudder.
It's ONLY TWO RACES.
He's raced the GPs and THAT'S NOT FAIR!
My guy (name of other rider that said fan-boy has a crush on -here-) had a Bad Day...Twice...You'll see!
ZachO enlisted unfair assistance...from Jesus!
He's as SHORT as RC and that's not fair!
Those Huskies have an unfair advantage from all those Rockstar Dollars!
DeanO and Jason were blocking for him: Team Tactics!
Let Broc Bye!
Anstie was paid to move over!
He wasn't wearing a Mask on The Podium!
BRAKE BRACKET RULEZ!
Cause my sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracy, she told me that she saw Zach cut the track!
It's only because Eli dropped his bow.

Bwaaahaaaaahaaaaaaa
8/22/2020 3:22pm
Eli can still be dangerous. He has gone on some amazing win streaks after being hopelessly behind in points in Supercross. He could do that now if he still has the motivation.
SWOHIO GUY
8/22/2020 3:25pm
For Tomac to make up the difference he would need to average making up 3 points per moto on Osbourne, that’s if all rounds get completed. Next week is a must win to say the least for Tomac. I personally don’t see him making up the gap but if he does it will be sure as hell fun to watch!
neysbo
8/22/2020 3:53pm
Yes barring a disaster Zacho has this thing
Shaned9326
8/22/2020 3:58pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
For Tomac to make up the difference he would need to average making up 3 points per moto on Osbourne, that’s if all rounds get completed...
For Tomac to make up the difference he would need to average making up 3 points per moto on Osbourne, that’s if all rounds get completed. Next week is a must win to say the least for Tomac. I personally don’t see him making up the gap but if he does it will be sure as hell fun to watch!
Tomac in a regular national track can put three to four seconds a lap faster than anyone out there so we shall see!!
8/22/2020 4:11pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
For Tomac to make up the difference he would need to average making up 3 points per moto on Osbourne, that’s if all rounds get completed...
Shaned9326 wrote:
Tomac in a regular national track can put three to four seconds a lap faster than anyone out there so we shall see!!
Here we go...............
kpiper
8/22/2020 6:32pm
Zacho sure looked amazing today. Battled through adversity like a champion.
OLDMOTO
8/22/2020 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2020 6:50pm
Only been two races, both in the mud and with three different moto winners. Kind of early to be naming a new champ.
8/22/2020 6:51pm
I wouldn't be crowning Zacho just yet. Marv is certainly looking pretty racey to me. 19 pts back. Just don't know if he 100% back from the injury. Full strength Marv vs Zach I pick Marv
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
8/22/2020 7:08pm
I wouldn't be crowning Zacho just yet. Marv is certainly looking pretty racey to me. 19 pts back. Just don't know if he 100% back from...
I wouldn't be crowning Zacho just yet. Marv is certainly looking pretty racey to me. 19 pts back. Just don't know if he 100% back from the injury. Full strength Marv vs Zach I pick Marv
Only one of those riders have proved they can knuckle down and win a national championship already...

Post a reply to: Will Zacho win the 450 MX title in 2020?

The Latest