Will Zacho win the 450 MX title in 2020?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2020 8:33 AM

Right now he looks to be in better shape than Eli and has the desire to mix it up with him.

Tomac didn't have enough left to try and make a pass late in the moto.

11 point lead in one race.

|

8/16/2020 8:34 AM

Hot take

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/16/2020 9:01 AM

One things is for sure, there has never been a year where it was more important to hold the red plate after the first rounds. You always have to expect that any or all future races can be cancelled. With that big of a points gap he should most likely hold the red plate after round 2 as well.

|

8/16/2020 9:03 AM

Yes

|

8/16/2020 9:06 AM

After one race, come on man...

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

8/16/2020 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2020 12:01 PM

kpiper wrote:

Right now he looks to be in better shape than Eli and has the desire to mix it up with him.

I have no damn idea how anyone could "down-vote" this; but, hey...it's the inter-webs-thingy and fan-boys will be...
Well, you know the rest.

ZachO seems to be on a run. He's obvioulsy determined and he's "smoothed out" quite a bit and has quit all that "over jumpimg" and "bombing it in" stuff he brought with him from his 250-era.

So, maybe. If he keeps getting good starts? Well, hell, yes. He could do. it. He's got a team-mate that might have other ideas, tho.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/16/2020 9:18 AM

No

|

8/16/2020 9:22 AM

Too early but obviously he's a strong contender.

|

8/16/2020 9:34 AM

This is a weird series.... A series that might get cancelled at any moment.... A "normal" series, I would say no... But this year, hell ya he has a legit shot....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/16/2020 9:49 AM

Finale podium.

|

8/16/2020 9:59 AM

Its only the first round. How did barcia do the last 2 years winning A1? Eli got 7th 2 times last year and still won the championship. The 2nd moto he caught up to zack an had a small mistake. I think tomac has learned to back it down some instead of all out beast mode and risking it.

|

8/16/2020 10:06 AM

Dude just won his first race, not title

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

8/16/2020 10:13 AM

I think Anderson will punt him outta the screen. Eventually.

|

8/16/2020 10:22 AM

As soon as they end up on a track with less ruts and more wfo outside berms, Tomac will be back on top again..

|

8/16/2020 10:24 AM

FMOTP

|

8/16/2020 10:28 AM

kpiper wrote:

Anything’s possible.

|

8/16/2020 10:37 AM

kpiper wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

I have no damn idea how anyone could "down-vote" this; but, hey...it's the inter-webs-thingy and fan-boys will be...
Well, you know the rest.

ZachO seems to be on a run. He's obvioulsy determined and he's "smoothed out" quite a bit and has quit all that "over jumpimg" and "bombing it in" stuff he brought with him from his 250-era.

So, maybe. If he keeps getting good starts? Well, hell, yes. He could do. it. He's got a team-mate that might have other ideas, tho.

I don’t think most people would downvote anything positive about Osborne, but maybe they think he’s a bit off on his evaluation of Tomac.

I didn’t vote up or down, but that’d be my guess.

|

8/16/2020 11:17 AM

No, he will not. ZAch has never been consistent.

|

8/16/2020 11:22 AM

This wasn’t even a real national track, let’s chill down till the nationals actually start

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/16/2020 11:26 AM

Tomac does usually have some kind of issue on the first race of a series. Maybe that is all it was.

I don't think he is in as good of shape this year compared to last. Just an opinion based on him not being able to really challenge Zach in the closing laps. Maybe he will still get there as the series progresses.

Of course, the TV broadcast barely showed any of the two leaders for what seemed like half the race.

|

8/16/2020 11:36 AM

Zach has a chance to do it again next week if the track is super wet, soft and slot car like. Eli is not superman in those conditions and not the greatest starter. When they go to the few normal tracks #3 will be full force and tough to beat.

|

8/16/2020 11:47 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Zach has a chance to do it again next week if the track is super wet, soft and slot car like. Eli is not superman in those conditions and not the greatest starter. When they go to the few normal tracks #3 will be full force and tough to beat.

That track was probably Tomac's worst for sure.

|

8/16/2020 11:51 AM

Was this race on nbc gold?😏

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

8/16/2020 11:58 AM

Whoever is the most consistent will win this championship. Remember this is only a 9 race series instead of 12 right? So consistency is always the key.

|

8/16/2020 12:03 PM

Zach grew up on tracks with similar weather conditions, dirt and ruts. He looked great at round 1 and I hope he does well during the Nationals. But this track was as much of a home race for him as anyone.

|

8/16/2020 12:12 PM

If there’s ever a season for an upset this one would be it with 9 rounds on 7 tracks at most as of now.

|

8/16/2020 10:24 PM

Osborne has been putting in the work and it shows. He has raised his game more than a few notches no doubt. Winning the last SX in SLC when Tomac had nothing to prove is not a good barometer. Winning Moto 2 was way more of an accomplishment.

This was round 1/9 and Tomac had a throw away moto1. Sure seemed like he was content to finish 2nd in Moto 2 for 3rd O/A.
To put it in perspective - Tomac came from the back in the pack to 2nd place and made up about 6-7 seconds with over 10 minutes left. he closed to within 1-2 seconds of Osborne and stayed there the rest of the race . . . Lucky for us we have 8 more races to watch this play out.

|

Brapasaurus Rex

8/17/2020 2:03 AM

Why Tomac was riding with sx suspension setup in that first moto is beyond me!

|

8/17/2020 2:20 AM

No i don't think so. Tomac will get up to speed and win like always. The first moto is probably going to be his worst moto finish this season.

|

8/17/2020 4:25 AM

When was the last time Osbourne had a consistent season ?

|