Will USA send a team to Assen MXdN 2019?

USA
Fantasy
545th
12/9/2018 9:02am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2018 1:56am
Haven’t seen this exact poll yet, but lots of talk one way or the other.

I personally think we are going to send a team. I plan on attending either way, the atmosphere there will be like US during the glory years.

Poll

Will the USA send a team to Assen?

Choices
|
63mark
12/9/2018 9:05am
Would be pretty pathetic not to send a team if you ask me.
kb228
12/9/2018 9:06am
Why is that even a question? Americans dont stop because we lost...
Rab
12/9/2018 9:18am
63mark wrote:
Would be pretty pathetic not to send a team if you ask me.
I agree. I also think it’s pretty pathetic this topic even exists.
Kyle_McNab
12/9/2018 9:20am
Anderson Covington Osborne. They said they would spend weeks riding in the sand. If all goes well they can get on the podium

The Shop

Motofinne
12/9/2018 9:40am Edited Date/Time 12/9/2018 9:46am
It would be embarrassing if they don't send a team. Way, way worse than any defeat could ever be.

Barcia, Osborne, Covington is a team good enough for a podium finish if things go their way. Both Barcia and Osborne has said they are willing to go early and practice/set up the bike for it, i assume Covington would do the same.
12/9/2018 9:42am
If we don’t send anyone I would be 100 times more embarrassed than us getting smoked on our home turf. I would love to see an overhaul of the team and how our riders are selected, but that’s all different topic....
Ray_MXS
12/9/2018 9:56am
They'll send a team but Eli Tomac won't be on it.
joeellis
12/9/2018 9:57am
There will be a US team there. Not sure who really wants to go, but there will certainly be 3 guys that do. Not going would be disgraceful and that will not happen imo.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
12/9/2018 10:19am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Anderson Covington Osborne. They said they would spend weeks riding in the sand. If all goes well they can get on the podium
Good team if Tomac or Barcia want to sit it out.

Have to go into this with realistic expectations, top 3 would be great.
BRAAAAAAP
12/9/2018 10:20am
American riders and fans should keep their head up. You guys have won + dominated many years and it will happen again. USA had some bad luck last few mxon races with mechanicals and conditions, just a matter of time before things will go your way again.

I expect them to send a team, i see no reason not to. Convington would be a good choice for assen, he is good in the sand.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
12/9/2018 10:50am
A lot of pussies around here that complain when shit gets tough. We send our three best riders and give it our all, that's what being an American is all about. Oh we might not win? You better not try then... what an example you give to your peers.
Frank
12/9/2018 10:51am
We lost the last 7 years straight. Of course we are sending a team to lose again. Why is it even a question?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
12/9/2018 10:54am
I’m going either way.....

So if the team bitches out, I’ll have some fun with it
Ridelow
Fantasy
202nd
12/9/2018 11:02am
Puerto Rico will go!
DPR250R
12/9/2018 11:04am
MxKing809 wrote:
I’m going either way.....

So if the team bitches out, I’ll have some fun with it
On the fence about going myself. I think it would be a great trip.

You already got plans locked down?
Nighttrain
12/9/2018 11:04am
If we don’t send anyone I would be 100 times more embarrassed than us getting smoked on our home turf. I would love to see an...
If we don’t send anyone I would be 100 times more embarrassed than us getting smoked on our home turf. I would love to see an overhaul of the team and how our riders are selected, but that’s all different topic....
Correct on both points and of course there will be a US team at the race. Let’s hope the selection process is improved before then.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
12/9/2018 11:06am
I think Anderson deserves redemption, Osborne and Covington has GP experience. I think that's a solid team on deep sandy conditions. Tomac probably won't want to travel overseas, but I bet Anderson is game. That's a long ways away, though.
Mr. Info
12/9/2018 11:47am
Oh they will but well It be our top guys or the best guys for the track.
Bearuno
12/9/2018 12:15pm
Never forget ( though it seems many have), the USA's first Des Nations ( Trophy?) Win was at Lommel, when no one gave them a hope in Hell of winning.

So, just like the vast majority of us - not just Americans - expected the US to win this year, and, they didn't, there's a chance that the precise opposite to everyone's expectations of a thrashing, happens at Assen.

I doubt it will happen, but you never know - that's why they hold races - to see who wins.
ATKpilot99
12/9/2018 12:45pm
Bearuno wrote:
Never forget ( though it seems many have), the USA's first Des Nations ( Trophy?) Win was at Lommel, when no one gave them a hope...
Never forget ( though it seems many have), the USA's first Des Nations ( Trophy?) Win was at Lommel, when no one gave them a hope in Hell of winning.

So, just like the vast majority of us - not just Americans - expected the US to win this year, and, they didn't, there's a chance that the precise opposite to everyone's expectations of a thrashing, happens at Assen.

I doubt it will happen, but you never know - that's why they hold races - to see who wins.
Yep , it was the Trophee des nations. What gets lost over time too is I believe there were some higher profile riders at the time that turned down the opportunity to go. Guys who are looked at as heroes now yet today riders get vilified for not wanting to go. Vromans won both motos that day I believe.
JB 19
12/9/2018 12:54pm
It's a big opportunity for someone who wants a shot at history. The Americans breaking the drought in the sand would be historic. Like Roger said, it would take total commitment from the riders going to get good in the sand and bike setup. It's a long shot, but then again, I'm someone who lives to prove people wrong.

There shouldn't be much pressure when everyone is expecting you to fail.
12/9/2018 2:38pm
Maybe going into the event with lower expectations than total domination will be more enjoyable for the team/fans?
MXMattii
12/9/2018 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2018 3:59pm
DC already said Yes and I believe because this is a race out of their comfort level they will be prepared much more. I remember to be shocked by Justin Barcia' speed at the MXON in Lommel, he did his homework. He wasn't Cairoli or Herlings fast but was hussling around with Ken De Dycker (former GP winner in Lommel) and others.

At Assen the Dutch will be difficult to beat, but with a team such as Justin Barcia, Eli Tomac and maybe Cooper Webb, Jason Anderson, ... you've a solid team. Webb or Barcia on a 250 and Anderson and Tomac on 450.

Maybe it's also time for Monster Energy to take some difficult decisions such as: Do they think it's OK that Eli Tomac and Justin Barcia will keep doing motocross training till the "Monster Energy MXON" the biggest motocross race of the season. A race they would like to win and be shining on the podium with them. A race where it is hard to shine against the Red Bull KTM armada. Or do they say: Sorry the MXON isn't important, the Monster Energy Cup a few weeks later is! So lets tell our riders to do their best at the MXON but in the weeks before those races preparing themselves for the MEC is more important.

If Monster Energy can clearly make those decisions, don't forget team USA is only three riders, you can go on preparation camp in Holland or Belgium. Riding every bloody day on sand tracks with a team of three riders picked out wide selection of riders like: Eli Tomac (Monster Energy), Justin Barcia (Monster Energy), Cooper Webb (Red Bull), Jason Anderson (Rockstar Energy), Zach Osborne (Rockstar Energy), Blake Baggett (No Energy Drink support), Aaron Plessinger (Monster Energy), Austin Forkner (Monster Energy), Justin Cooper (Monster Energy) ... a wide selection where hopefully three riders are available to say no to the MEC and go full in at the MXON and then go full SX modus from 30 September. And like you probably noticed a lot of riders are Monster Energy sponsored so they can miss one or two at the MEC, if that brings glory to team USA and the brand against team Holland with Red Bull Herlings.
Natester551v
12/9/2018 8:05pm
MXMattii wrote:
DC already said Yes and I believe because this is a race out of their comfort level they will be prepared much more. I remember to...
DC already said Yes and I believe because this is a race out of their comfort level they will be prepared much more. I remember to be shocked by Justin Barcia' speed at the MXON in Lommel, he did his homework. He wasn't Cairoli or Herlings fast but was hussling around with Ken De Dycker (former GP winner in Lommel) and others.

At Assen the Dutch will be difficult to beat, but with a team such as Justin Barcia, Eli Tomac and maybe Cooper Webb, Jason Anderson, ... you've a solid team. Webb or Barcia on a 250 and Anderson and Tomac on 450.

Maybe it's also time for Monster Energy to take some difficult decisions such as: Do they think it's OK that Eli Tomac and Justin Barcia will keep doing motocross training till the "Monster Energy MXON" the biggest motocross race of the season. A race they would like to win and be shining on the podium with them. A race where it is hard to shine against the Red Bull KTM armada. Or do they say: Sorry the MXON isn't important, the Monster Energy Cup a few weeks later is! So lets tell our riders to do their best at the MXON but in the weeks before those races preparing themselves for the MEC is more important.

If Monster Energy can clearly make those decisions, don't forget team USA is only three riders, you can go on preparation camp in Holland or Belgium. Riding every bloody day on sand tracks with a team of three riders picked out wide selection of riders like: Eli Tomac (Monster Energy), Justin Barcia (Monster Energy), Cooper Webb (Red Bull), Jason Anderson (Rockstar Energy), Zach Osborne (Rockstar Energy), Blake Baggett (No Energy Drink support), Aaron Plessinger (Monster Energy), Austin Forkner (Monster Energy), Justin Cooper (Monster Energy) ... a wide selection where hopefully three riders are available to say no to the MEC and go full in at the MXON and then go full SX modus from 30 September. And like you probably noticed a lot of riders are Monster Energy sponsored so they can miss one or two at the MEC, if that brings glory to team USA and the brand against team Holland with Red Bull Herlings.
Well said...couldn't agree more!
SCR
12/9/2018 8:24pm
Maybe going into the event with lower expectations than total domination will be more enjoyable for the team/fans?
That's not how it works.
Ray_MXS
12/10/2018 1:26am
Antonioni wrote:
For Assen MXdN : Osborne and Covington, sure!
And Justin...
Wow that did not look good Silly .

Covington should be no brainer if he had a decent year and is healthy.
While Osborne has mxgp experience , I can't remember his sand skills beeing particularly impressive.

It's a toughie too be sure. I feel the standard American way of riding is a little to aggressive to be real good in the deep Dutch sand.
Taddy
Fantasy
4028th
12/10/2018 1:41am
Antonioni wrote:
For Assen MXdN : Osborne and Covington, sure!
And Justin...
sorry but.... that didnt look good

i this his Supercross Bike?
Antonioni
12/10/2018 2:35am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2018 3:33am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Wow that did not look good :silly:. Covington should be no brainer if he had a decent year and is healthy. While Osborne has mxgp experience...
Wow that did not look good Silly .

Covington should be no brainer if he had a decent year and is healthy.
While Osborne has mxgp experience , I can't remember his sand skills beeing particularly impressive.

It's a toughie too be sure. I feel the standard American way of riding is a little to aggressive to be real good in the deep Dutch sand.
I'm also confident in Osborne's capacity in deep sand to perform with the best. His first ever mxgp (mx2) race was at Lommel... He finished 5th.
Antonioni
12/10/2018 2:49am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2018 2:55am
For the second 450 pilot, IMO the choice ought to be between Tomac, Anderson, Plessinger and maybe Webb. Choose the most determined, eager towards the MXdN and truly ready to work his deep sand track abilities. Also if possible, not that much concerned by the monstercup...

Post a reply to: Will USA send a team to Assen MXdN 2019?

The Latest