Will Tomacs MX Season Resemble His SX Season Results?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2019 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2019 8:58 PM

I got thinking about this after his moto 1 performance, I mean a lot of people were expecting him to win but he didn't really look like last years Tomac. Then second moto it almost looked like Roczen was going to take that moto win as well, then boom, beast mode Tomac comes out of know where and dominates...and in the mud at that.

So it just made me wonder if we are only going to see flashes of brilliance from Tomac like we did in SX, where one weekend he is on fire and then the next weekend we are all asking what happened to Tomac? Hopefully he's on more then he is off this season as it makes for great entertainment when he's attacking the track.

I know it's only the first race and it's a new bike, just curious to see how the season unfolds.

|

5/23/2019 9:00 PM

Nope. Guy is an animal outdoors.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

5/23/2019 9:02 PM

It's one race. Series begins after Red Bud

|

5/23/2019 10:10 PM

Tomac will win more often than not. Hopefully Roczen looks like he did this weekend and can make the title fight interesting. Osborne May be able to give Tomac fits every now and then too.

|

5/23/2019 11:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2019 11:09 PM

No red plate this weekend, he will dominate and throw it away a week later ??

|

5/24/2019 1:26 AM

Hangtown results were better than A1

|

5/24/2019 3:11 AM

Judging from the last few years: NO

|

5/24/2019 3:14 AM

When Eli is on it no one can beat him but I feel like he has not been on it all year. I love Roczen's riding at Hangtown, Zacho looks awesome, Anderson was great and Webb looked like himself out there. Unless Eli can bring it I think his MX season might resemble his SX season.

|

5/24/2019 7:24 AM

I always find it funny how people think after the first race it is going to resemble how their season is gonna be.. Things will most likely flip after the next couple races, as much as id love to see Roczen dominate outdoors I cant assume its gonna be as great as a result as it was at Hangtown for every race, especially if Tomac rides like he did in the second moto consistently. Definitely gonna be a good season!

|

5/24/2019 7:33 AM

RexEasely wrote:

It's one race. Series begins after Red Bud

Daytona*

|

5/24/2019 1:28 PM

WHY IS EVERYONE GOING CRAZY ABOUT A 4TH?? He got 4th place during a moto he seemed way off. If a 4th is a bad race for him then trust me he will be fine. He won back to back titles. CHILL

|

5/24/2019 1:43 PM

Markturbo wrote:

I got thinking about this after his moto 1 performance, I mean a lot of people were expecting him to win but he didn't really look like last years Tomac. Then second moto it almost looked like Roczen was going to take that moto win as well, then boom, beast mode Tomac comes out of know where and dominates...and in the mud at that.

So it just made me wonder if we are only going to see flashes of brilliance from Tomac like we did in SX, where one weekend he is on fire and then the next weekend we are all asking what happened to Tomac? Hopefully he's on more then he is off this season as it makes for great entertainment when he's attacking the track.

I know it's only the first race and it's a new bike, just curious to see how the season unfolds.

Enough with the "its a new bike" excuse. pinch

|

Ed Johnson

5/24/2019 2:51 PM

Yes...guy is a head case...

|

5/24/2019 2:51 PM

23 and 0. Stamp it.

|

5/24/2019 2:57 PM

Eli is FAF, but why does he have to win every moto? I like to see other guys step up like we did last weekend.

|

5/24/2019 3:15 PM

Tomac could dominate but probably won’t. I feel like Roczen is the guy with the nerve to take it to all twelve rounds on purpose. Will his body keep up? Honorable mention to both Husky riders.

|

5/24/2019 3:52 PM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

WHY IS EVERYONE GOING CRAZY ABOUT A 4TH?? He got 4th place during a moto he seemed way off. If a 4th is a bad race for him then trust me he will be fine. He won back to back titles. CHILL

Eli is the chosen one at the moment, If he doesn't win everyone flips out. Not much different from what Bubba talked about it in his retirement video. Perfection or bust. Hopefully Tomac is learning to manage those expectations and enjoy racing.

|

5/24/2019 3:55 PM

I think his results will be similar to SX, maybe a bit better but not much. Obviously there's only been one race so it can all change but to me the first moto last weekend showed a lot, it wasn't like Tomac was just a hair off Roczen, he was a decent bit off the podium guys. Yeah he came out and was better in the second moto but to me you can't read into that moto much at all because of the mud.

I think we see similar results to that first moto for the rest of the year, with the KTM boys getting in the mix a bit more.

|

5/24/2019 3:58 PM

Eli is a total bad ass and I root for him every weekend. But this season, I have Ken Roczen for the championship. The outdoors this season will be the most competitive and have the most parity of a series in recent memory.

|

5/24/2019 4:00 PM

Nope

|

5/24/2019 4:13 PM

He will win his third championship, go to mxdn and set things straight with Herlings and bring home the chamberlain trophy.
But folks will say, Sure but he don have no SX title.

|

5/24/2019 4:13 PM

He scored 43 points in round 1.

Last year he averaged 43.9 points per round, and that was his best 450 outdoor season. (He averaged 43 points per round in 2013 on a 250.)

Probably a little early to hit the panic button.

|

5/24/2019 4:18 PM

This may sound strange coming from a Vital member but... I don't know. I do know that at the moment we got more than just one or two possible contenders and that's exciting. Part of me would
like to see Eli win 3 in a row. Help offset his SX disappointments and give him something special on his career. However, Id also like to see Ando, Kenny, Osborne and others step up as well. The best part is that we got all summer to find out. This should be good!

|

5/24/2019 7:22 PM

Why is this even a topic after two motos?

|

5/24/2019 8:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2019 8:22 PM

seventeen wrote:

Yes...guy is a head case...

Not even close to being a 'head case'.

Two motos in does not tell much of anything except that he can still ride super fast.

I do think this is a 'new happy' Eli. It seems like something changed after the race he rolled the finish line jump and let MM pass him.

He seems to be enjoying racing much more and not super concerned about where he ends up. Probably a good mentality to have.

Do your best and don't worry about the rest. He has a new contract...so why not.

|

5/24/2019 8:27 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Nope. Guy is an animal outdoors.

I could be wrong, but most consider him an animal indoors as well...

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/24/2019 9:22 PM

I hope he can remain healthy. In this numbers-game of a sport, he’s been pretty lucky for awhile.

|

5/27/2019 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2019 11:42 AM

This thread was interesting after Tomac's remarks following his win at Pala.

He basically said that the first moto at Hangtown did concern him saying something like, 'When Anderson passed me back it messed up my flow and I got tight and dropped back.'

He also said winning the second moto 'did not really count' to him because of the muddy conditions.

Looks like he figured something out though for Pala.

|

5/27/2019 11:49 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Judging from the last few years: NO

Last year he was pretty consistent, but in 2017 he was all over the map with results - especially late in the season.

|