Will Tomac "bunch them up" in Vegas??

FARANG
5/7/2017 7:34am
Hahahahahaah, the list of crow eaters is long for such a short thread: RG1 Motoxdoc Andy_Greenney Dirtnapper Kiwifan rutsmash IWreckAlot Kzizok KurtJ99 Krypto71 FARANG TXDirt Katoomey...
Hahahahahaah, the list of crow eaters is long for such a short thread:

RG1
Motoxdoc
Andy_Greenney
Dirtnapper
Kiwifan
rutsmash
IWreckAlot
Kzizok
KurtJ99
Krypto71
FARANG
TXDirt
Katoomey
Lostboy819

Maybe this should be a sticky thread huh iWreckAlot? Hahahah, I'm glad you kids learned something about racing tonight. PLAY by PLAY Tomac slowed his pace and bunched them up, and nearly pulled it off. Eli was so damn close to pulling off one of the most spectacular feats of the decade, but then again, nothing could have topped Osborne's performance tonight. What a night, and what a lesson to the Vital experts above...

Good night, sleep tight, and I hope the Crow tastes alright....cheers boys!

and Rct851, you called it: "AND HERE COMES REED!"
Haha yeah I was wrong about him trying to do it. Didn't think he would. But I was right that it wouldn't work. Cost him the win and a few fans.

The Shop

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
5/7/2017 9:36am
Tomac just lost all my respect. Gonna cry like a little girl about someone pulling over than HE THROWS the race to hurt Dungey??? What a punk ass sore loser move.
5/7/2017 9:46am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Tomac just lost all my respect. Gonna cry like a little girl about someone pulling over than HE THROWS the race to hurt Dungey??? What a...
Tomac just lost all my respect. Gonna cry like a little girl about someone pulling over than HE THROWS the race to hurt Dungey??? What a punk ass sore loser move.
I was rooting for Dungey but I had no problem with what Tomac did last night. That was Tomac's only hope to steal the Championship back and he nearly did it. I was getting frustrated with Dungey falling into the trap but he didn't really have any options either as the pack was coming in hot...I can't imagine the pressure Dungey had to deal with knowing that Eli was fucking with him and there was no where to hide.
5/7/2017 10:31am
Good call Black Diesel Bomber! Tomac executed the slow down, bunch-up as well as anyone could and it almost worked. Made for a fantastic race as well!
Hut
5/7/2017 10:37am
Tomac cried like a little girl? when did this supposedly happen?
dirtdog36
5/7/2017 11:42am
As I watched the race all I could think about was all the people that poo poo'd the OP and this thread Smile
5/7/2017 12:05pm
dirtdog36 wrote:
As I watched the race all I could think about was all the people that poo poo'd the OP and this thread Smile
The only thing I couldn't believe while watching it all play out was how Emig, RC, or Ralph were not calling out the obvious! I was waiting for RC to say "well Jeff, what Eli is doing here is slowing his pace to bunch up the field behind him in hopes it will allow other riders to get in between them and cause contact"...but instead they were talking about how Dungey might pass him???? Smile WTF?

There must have been strict orders from the production crew to the commentators to hold back any discussion on Eli's intentional bunch up strategy. There's no way anyone couldn't see Eli almost coming to a stop at certain locations on the track. He dropped his pace anywhere from 2-4 seconds a lap, and this is the only reason why Grant and Reed were able to catch up.

Had Eli ran his low 105's and just ran away with it we would have had another boring title race with him and Dungey 10-15 seconds ahead of the pack. Good on Eli for making it interesting. And, for Dungey to keep his cool during those shenanigans...well that's why he's the Champ. Most other guys would have blown a gasket. I would like to see Dungey's heart rate monitor during that nightmare of his.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/7/2017 12:12pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Tomac just lost all my respect. Gonna cry like a little girl about someone pulling over than HE THROWS the race to hurt Dungey??? What a...
he blocked passed him in slow corners, it was hardly dangerous and putting Dungey in any Danger, his passes were less dangerous than Osbourne on Savagy or Anderson on Reed where contact was made,

it was his only hope, and got close to working, made for a very interesting race,
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
5/7/2017 1:30pm
Strategically it was a valid plan. The only factor that could have made a difference was an incredibly poor start from Dungey and that didn't happen obviously.
5/7/2017 1:37pm
So a rider is allowed to admit he purposely slowed his pace and bunched up the field? After all of last week's discussions about how MM/KTM could not admit to slowing due to the rulebook, then how does this differ from Tomac admitting to it here? I don't care either way, but it seems one can admit publicly that he was purposely checking up to cause carnage:

2:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGgHq_tKN0s

Maybe because Tomac was manipulating his own position instead of his teammates position?
cali11
5/7/2017 1:50pm
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch...
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch up" behind him in hopes of causing some carnage? I could see him toying with Dungey by not letting him pass and slowing him to let other riders into the mix. How dirty could it get?? This could make for a great show.

With the amount of points Tomac needs to makeup this seems to be his only chance. That's IF he has the speed again to stay in front of everyone else. The only way Tomac could run away with a win is if Dungey has a catastrophic race and is way back while nearing the checkers.

We just might be in a for an amazing finale in both classes. Anything can happen if Tomac bunches them up behind him.

Remember when Hamilton did this to his own teammate against team orders?
Guess you got your answer
cali11
5/7/2017 1:52pm
So a rider is allowed to admit he purposely slowed his pace and bunched up the field? After all of last week's discussions about how MM/KTM...
So a rider is allowed to admit he purposely slowed his pace and bunched up the field? After all of last week's discussions about how MM/KTM could not admit to slowing due to the rulebook, then how does this differ from Tomac admitting to it here? I don't care either way, but it seems one can admit publicly that he was purposely checking up to cause carnage:

Maybe because Tomac was manipulating his own position instead of his teammates position?
It's one think to pull over to let the slower rider win the race. But nothing wrong with controlling the race pace. I don't get it? Show us where it says you can't do that in the rule book?
cali11
5/7/2017 1:55pm
sgrimmxdad wrote:
So your ok with the way Dungey hammered JS7 at A1 2016? Got it
5/7/2017 2:19pm
So a rider is allowed to admit he purposely slowed his pace and bunched up the field? After all of last week's discussions about how MM/KTM...

cali11 wrote:
It's one think to pull over to let the slower rider win the race. But nothing wrong with controlling the race pace. I don't get it...
It's one think to pull over to let the slower rider win the race. But nothing wrong with controlling the race pace. I don't get it? Show us where it says you can't do that in the rule book?
I don't know, but I vaguely remember someone quoting something from the rulebook last week when they were whining about MM25's move. Something about a rider must always advance as fast as possible and not purposely slow up to affect race results. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I saw someone quote something of that nature.

I thought Eli's ride was pure genius of course Smile

ledger
5/7/2017 2:22pm
Good call Diesel, Vital should send you a T-shirt, stickers and whatever else they can come up with, maybe a Tomac shirt with BUNCH EM UP printed on it. You did good !

Post a reply to: Will Tomac "bunch them up" in Vegas??

The Latest